Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,215 members, 7,873,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11991617 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) (12339) (12340) ... (16394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
daveP:
Make Coach no give Dennis one kine leverage on his not coming afterall o. Dennis go look say Onyeka dey warm bench now. This guy should start. He should. angry

Onyeka is not starting today ,you can imagine

But I believe Dennis would have started under EGU

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Exactly

He was impressive from the blow of the whistle against Egypt. That's what I want to see, impressive play.

This isn't even about how many minutes anyone has played, because like I said, when Iwobi came on against Egypt, he was so good in those few minutes, and this is someone people have been calling a shit footballer in the EPL.

If I am expecting shit football, and you put in a good shift, you impress me more than someone I had no expectations for, and they put in a bad shift

I do not believe in all this "they had a few minutes, they did not get enough time", that's me though.

If it comes to hard work, Sadiq has really put in a good shift. It just some other areas that needs tweaking. That is a very hard-working guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
One or two regulars might lose their place to the fringe players
That's competition and is good for the team.Emma Amuneke a fringe player won us Afcon 94 with just a match and it was final match against Zambia.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
Joezinho:

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. Against Sudan he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I love players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….He kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone… Who be Ndidi to vex when the midfield meastro dey pass?
comerade I hope your defense strong because general nwakali will be at the midfield battle tonight if he mistaking show that special skill set the missile and atomic bomb you will receive I won't be available to provide you shield o because me self my defense weak grin cheesy cheesy na only pistol I fit defend run wink the meme na for you in advance cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

If it comes to hard work, Sadiq has really put in a good shift. It just some other areas that needs tweaking. That is a very hard-working guy.
Sadiq just need Nwakili and Iwobi to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I really appreciate hardwork....on a construction site

I need good football on the pitch, great passes, good run, lovely crosses, a lethal foot.

If he was a bricklayer, he would be top of his craft, but this is football.

Anyway, I will be open minded with him tonight, he is one person I can promise an open mind.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:
Make dem try arrange the casket, because blood must flow
Lol...z
These ones just wan put smiles on the faces of casket sellers ...I pity their lives grin

I know it's wrong to talk about or encourage betting but my colleague for office knack 200k on Nigeria straight win and over 2.5 and I stand with am gidigba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

We the fanboys have readymade excuse in hand.
1) One game is not enough to judge a player.
2) Today might just be a bad day in the office for the them.
3) No supplies from the midfield or long passes from the defense as we are missing Aribo, Aina, Omeruo, Zaidu, Chuks and Simon today.
You forgot to add, he was good because we played against a team ranked 1000 by FIFA. Let's wait until he plays against the big teams.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

I need good football on the pitch, great passes, good run, lovely crosses, a lethal foot.

Anyway, I will be open minded with him tonight, he is one person I can promise an open mind.

As long as Sadiq works hard, the goals will come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
comodo:

You forgot to add, he was good because we played against a team ranked 1000 by FIFA. Let's wait until he plays against the big teams.

Nobody go dare talk this one When osimhen we dey dey praise as our best striker never score against top ranked team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
True. I was a little mean there, but we’ve watched him in two consecutive games and he’s yet to put any foot right angry

Let’s hope he’ll prove me wrong today.

O pari

It helps to rewatch matches. There is less emotions and you can be more analytic. Do that and you'd see Sadiq hasn't been bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

grin chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:
Rohr really did a lot for Nigeria forget that he is a tactical dinosaur but he laid a ground plan that any incoming coach would easily follow, I would like to call him Nigeria's John the Baptist

Keshi
Maigari
Amunike
Manu Garba
Ndukka Ugbade
Samson Siasia

These were the pillars of what Rhor enjoyed and we are enjoying today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
jihday:
he wasn’t/isn’t a tactical genius. nothing dey him head, just hitler and vibes

I disagree. Oliseh is tactically sound. Very very sound.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
jihday:
he wasn’t/isn’t a tactical genius. nothing dey him head, just hitler and vibes

I tell u The CHAN team he managed was total rubbish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How? Even with the CHAN team he managed he couldn't make it pass the group stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
chuks404:
. In as much as you are right to some degree, on the other hand[i], I feel the coaches are closer to the players[/i]. Senegal with all the stars couldn't give us good football. Provided Eguavoen is getting results, no need for this your statement. If so called almighty onyeka fits in , he will definitely play.

Close to the players, is not necessarily an advantage but a disadvantage as subjectivity can take the place of objectivity on account of relationship past and present.

This is why when a new manager comes to a club he is objective and unibiased. As a consequence ,quite often player who has been benched or forgotten becomes the star player.

The same manager with the same players may get dramatically different results.

In conclusion, knowing the players personally is not a clear advantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How? Even with the CHAN team he managed he couldn't make it pass the group stage......

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
They are basically wishing the poor boy misfortune....you would think Nwakali was the reason SE fumbled resulting in the sack of Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
kingphilip:

I think Rohr is a Nigerian too for starting Shehu when almighty Aina and Ebuehi was always invited.

Left to Rohr there would have been a lot more Nigerian origin players from England in the team.

But the NFF hierarchy and a number of coaches kicked against it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
humility33:

How? Even with the CHAN team he managed he couldn't make it pass the group stage......

CHAN team that was left stranded without even food to eat. That was a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

Funny enough, when Rohr dropped an in form Aina for Collins who just returned from injury at the last AFCON, his opinion was that it was NFF politics at play...
Now he has found a local coach to shift the blames to.. lol..

Rohr's style of coaching was too conservative,hence his choice of players who suit the style.. Now it seems like Eguavon is selecting his own players based on how he feel they will suit his style..

I'm sure Onyeka will play tomorrow...

Rohr didn't select Collins take it or leave it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Exactly

He was impressive from the blow of the whistle against Egypt. That's what I want to see, impressive play.

This isn't even about how many minutes anyone has played, because like I said, when Iwobi came on against Egypt, he was so good in those few minutes, and this is someone people have been calling a shit footballer in the EPL.

If I am expecting shit football, and you put in a good shift, you impress me more than someone I had no expectations for, and they put in a bad shift

I do not believe in all this "they had a few minutes, they did not get enough time", that's me though.
That's komekn's philosophy too. While I like players to hit the turf sharp and sweet, I know that sometimes we need to give players some width.

Some players again are not just fan favorites. Sadiq comes to mind. Even if he scores today, people will still not be taken by him. Fans find his languidity unappealing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
komekn:

Left to Rohr there would have been a lot more Nigerian origin players from England in the team.

But the NFF hierarchy and a number of coaches kicked against it.

Left to Rohr? LMAO..
Rohr that preferred German based players...
Please come up with another agenda..This one is too lame to fly cus the facts are on ground for us to see...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
komekn:

Close to the players, is not necessarily an advantage but a disadvantage as subjectivity can take the place of objectivity on account of relationship past and present.

This is why when a new manager comes to a club he is objective and unibiased. As a consequence ,quite often player who has been benched or forgotten becomes the star player.

The same manager with the same players may get dramatically different results.

In conclusion, knowing the players personally is not a clear advantage.

So , you think you are more informed than a person who sees these players day in day out at training, and assess them everyday ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
komekn:

quote author=Danielnino00 post=109485645]

Funny enough, when Rohr dropped an in form Aina for Collins who just returned from injury at the last AFCON, his opinion was that it was NFF politics at play...
Now he has found a local coach to shift the blames to.. lol..

Rohr's style of coaching was too conservative,hence his choice of players who suit the style.. Now it seems like Eguavon is selecting his own players based on how he feel they will suit his style..

I'm sure Onyeka will play tomorrow...

Rohr didn't select Collins take it or leave it.

Take it from who? You? LMAO..
So why's Collins not a starter under Eguavon? He arrived camp very late but that circumstance was similar to when he was rushed into the starting eleven ahead of Aina immediately after he recovered from injury? Why is he not starting?

You are trying to be cunning as usual..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Keshi
Maigari
Amunike
Manu Garba
Ndukka Ugbade
Samson Siasia

These were the pillars of what Rhor enjoyed and we are enjoying today.

They also enjoyed the pillars of those before them, give Rohr his credit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

I know of Ruben Agboola, and those who have watched the Eagles far longer say even in the formative years of Nigerian football we had foreign born players. We had Odemwingie who played very well for us. Carl Ikeme would have been a great GK but for the unfortunate incident of his health challenges. The present players are doing great. We are receiving huge chunks of foreign financial remittances but when it comes to football, we should close our eyes to foreign born players who want to play for us. Such ideas are just too ridiculous, too inane and it's best one does not speak about it.

Even if your latent bias means you can't give up the opportunity to contend with my view point at the slightest opportunity.

But at least let there be some rational to your contribution.

I was responding to the shameless bigoted disinformation and misinformation given by IDENNA. When he called George Abbey foreign born and as such hates him essentially. That's the substance of my write up that you responded too.

Once again what on earth is your point ❓You are not making any sense at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:

They also enjoyed the pillars of those before them, give Rohr his credit

Which one? When I know he was not the reason behind our growth. As far as I am concerned, he was a backward pull of the growth we would have attained.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
Moffi need to score today Good luck to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

How many, mate?

The fact that some of the best players are one-footed, tells you it is an added advantage, not a necessity.

Chukwueze is the most one-footed player in that squad.

Being one of footed is not an added advantage its a clear disadvantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
daveP:
Make Coach no give Dennis one kine leverage on his not coming afterall o. Dennis go look say Onyeka dey warm bench now. This guy should start. He should. angry

Dennis this, Dennis that, Dennis is not our first choice striker or winger let him be at Watford biko which kind nonsense be this

(1) (2) (3) ... (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) (12339) (12340) ... (16394) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), victornoah(m), Amedino99(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.