Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,959 members, 7,876,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12007605 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12547) (12548) (12549) (12550) (12551) (12552) (12553) ... (16402) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:51am On Feb 04, 2022
JayromWrites:

Carl Ikeme wasn't an Albert but Man was good

True!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 3:10am On Feb 04, 2022
Torture2020:
well, Ghana can still contract him to work as an advisor to the team. At this point, Ghana is not looking at all to employ Gernot. But I personally think they should pick his brain on the Nigerian team, and of course pay him for that consultancy. That is a pragmatic way to go.

Your suggestion would be a little complicated. Let's see how it goes.

This generation of young players coming through do not seem to be on the pedestal of the golden generation of Essien, Muntari etc.

What has really happened to Liberty Professionals? I saw then as one of the best conveyor belts for young talents in Ghana.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 3:53am On Feb 04, 2022
fabyom:
Salah meets Mane! Two undeserving teams.

Senegal is an average team.

Egypt will drag them to penalties and win the cup.

This AFCON has shown that the Super Eagles is a formidable team. With a full house none comes close!! That's on periodith!!

Senegal is average and Nigeria is formidable? grin

Yet we got dumped out by an average and depleted tunisian side..

Truth is, our players largely lack football IQ and technical ability (how to shoot, cross, take inswinging free kicks with the correct bend)..

As for Eguavoen, he needs to also be told to abandon this stupid 442...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ersonleads(m): 4:06am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Truth is, our players largely lack football IQ and technical ability (how to shoot, cross, take inswinging free kicks with the correct bend)..

sir, Senegal team nor be am, if not for our floopy keeper & us been unlucky we would have won Tunisia. And that was a match we needed our established striker like osimhen & ighalo disturbing their defense & them loosing concentration on Moses Simon & chukwueze.it is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:25am On Feb 04, 2022
ersonleads:
sir, Senegal team nor be am, if not for our floopy keeper & us been unlucky we would have won Tunisia. And that was a match we needed our established striker like osimhen & ighalo disturbing their defense & them loosing concentration on Moses Simon & chukwueze.it is as simple as that.
You don't need to reply such peeps!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 4:28am On Feb 04, 2022
ersonleads:

Luck can only get you so far.. As for the AFCON loss, i am still gonna say this, Eguavoen should be blamed..

When we conceded 4 goals against CPV and lost to CAR, didn't we all blame Rohr? The tunisians had a lot of attention on moses, they (Tunisians) came to the game with a plan to not allow us operate from the flanks, which means there is space elsewhere..Everyone knew this from the first half.. Yet he did nothing.

For the red card, with 10 players, teams still play as if they are missing nobody and win games.. It all depends on tactics..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:23am On Feb 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
While you criticize me somebody sent me a message to be part of his technical crew in his academy in Kaduna because he likes my contributions here
I am 31 years old. I believe I am experienced enough. Consider me for your academy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Arthur Okonkwo of Arsenal wants to play for Nigeria but he is scared of the death threats Okoye and Iwobi received after Nigeria got booted out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2022
solonnachi:
Arthur Okonkwo of Arsenal wants to play for Nigeria but he is scared of the death threats Okoye and Iwobi received after Nigeria got booted out.
If he plays for England, racist remarks and death threats. If he plays for Nigeria tribal/fb remarks and death threats. It's sad seeing that his options are very limited. If he is eligible for Canada he should go there, nobody go curse you there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2022
solonnachi:
Then, he is not ready to play football. Correct me if I'm wrong but despite the death threats, I've never heard about Nigerian fans destroying player's property or instigating any form of attack in recent times. E dey do like make some people shoot Sadiq during that Sudan's match, it's still the same fans berrating Austin for playing Awoniyi ahead of Sadiq for that Tunisia match. Threats are part of football

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Eguavoen Confirms He’ll Stay on as Super Eagles Coach

Austin Eguavoen has all but confirmed he will remain as Coach of the Super Eagles with reports suggesting the interim Boss has been offered a two year deal by the NFF and Sports Ministry.

Eguavoen told FL he will prepare Nigeria’s World Cup playoffs program ahead of the double header clash against regional rivals Ghana in March.

The 56 year-old who led Nigeria to the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon suffered a shock round of 16 elimination after an impressive run in the group stages.

Nigeria’s performance in the competition earned the Coach, who is also the Technical Director of the Federation plaudits and sparked rumors he could be handed the coaching on a permanent basis.

Reacting to the support from across a broad section of the Country Eguavoen said it was inspiring.

“I am happy with the support. What else is there to stay? When you know there is support from the people it gives extra power motivation and power. Even more so the fact that we have people behind us it’ll give us the motivating factor to go a bit further. Also when there’s negativity it can weigh us down, but it’s all positive right now.”

“We have not started preparation for the Playoffs I will sit with my technical crew and draw up a program for the World Cup playoffs. We only just submitted our technical report of the AFCON. In fact it is the reason why I have travelled from Lagos to see the Minister.”

Ghana will host the first-leg of the FIFA World Cup playoffs at the Cape Coast Stadium on March 24.

https://www.footballlive.ng/eguavoen-confirms-hell-stay-on-as-super-eagles-coach/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Luck can only get you so far.. As for the AFCON loss, i am still gonna say this, Eguavoen should be blamed..

When we conceded 4 goals against CPV and lost to CAR, didn't we all blame Rohr? The tunisians had a lot of attention on moses, they (Tunisians) came to the game with a plan to not allow us operate from the flanks, which means there is space elsewhere..Everyone knew this from the first half.. Yet he did nothing.

For the red card, with 10 players, teams still play as if they are missing nobody and win games.. It all depends on tactics..

But, is that not exactly what happened against Tunisia? Did we not dominate the game and created chances despite being a man down? Yet, you criticise the coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
We only just submitted our technical report of the AFCON. In fact it is the reason why I have travelled from Lagos to see the Minister...Eguavoen.

I guess the Sports Minister is running the show. That means, there is a high chance the news of Amunike is true, since the Sports Minister is fan of Amunike.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:33am On Feb 04, 2022
darkelf:

Loll...

I set trap for you, you enter am

No wahala bro. Nothing do you

grin

cheesy

Already ready
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
THROWBACK: AZPILICUETA x OSIMHEN

Osimhen be like, "I go comot your teeth just now". cheesy grin

#ChampionsLeague

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

I would have moved on to other posts had it been that you did not use the word largely.

Please mention the players with low football IQ.
I have only one player in mind, I will not mention his name, but he has good technical abilities to make up for what he lacks in good IQ. Aside that one player i don't think there is any.

So, Mr Joezinho give us the players with low football IQ.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

But, is that not exactly what happened against Tunisia? Did we not dominate the game and created chances despite being a man down? Yet, you criticise the coach.

Joezinho:

"..For the red card, with 10 players, teams still play as if they are missing nobody and win games.. It all depends on tactics.."

I have seen where man city go a man down and still end up winning.

Let me ask, which is the bigger loss? Losing to CAR at home or exiting AFCON at R16?

I guess we can all pick and choose who to criticize.. Bitter truth is Eguavoen is a one dimensional coach that feels 442 of 1994 is still the best. He cannot see beyond that and it's troubling.

The pharaohs gave us too much respect and they paid dearly for it. Where we to face this team again, i do not see us beating them in 90 minutes.

After Egypt we played 2 useless teams and we thought we had arrived.

AFCON 2022 was a disaster for Nigeria. An absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to our history as a soccer loving nation. In serious countries that care about developement, the entire coaching staff and NFF board would've tendered their resignation and disappeared never to be heard from again.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
THROWBACK: AZPILICUETA x OSIMHEN

Osimhen be like, "I go comot your teeth just now". cheesy grin

#ChampionsLeague

Prime Azpilicueta go beat Osimhen oo

BTW, why did Osimhen back off in the second pic? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Let me ask, which is the bigger loss? Losing to CAR at home or exiting AFCON at R16?

I guess we can all pick and choose who to criticize.. Bitter truth is Eguavoen is a one dimensional coach that feels 442 of 1994 is still the best. He cannot see beyond that and it's troubling.

The pharaohs gave us too much respect and they paid dearly for it. Where we to face this team again, i do not see us beating them in 90 minutes.

AFCON 2022 was a disaster for Nigeria. An absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to our history as a soccer loving nation. In serious countries that care about developement, the entire coaching staff and NFF board would've tendered their resignation and disappeared never to be heard from again.
A big disaster

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Read

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2022
Meliforme:

I would have moved on to other posts had it been that you did not use the word largely.

Please mention the players with low football IQ.
I have only one player in mind, I will not mention his name, but he has good technical abilities to make up for what he lacks in good IQ. Aside that one player i don't think there is any.

So, Mr Joezin.ho give us the players with low football IQ.

You don't want to mention the player yet you want me to give names?

Is the player you are talking about Nwakali? Because It was clear that Nwakali was Eguavoen's failed 'science project' who proved he really wasn't ready for the big stage.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

I don’t understand him oooo ,2 teams went to the finals and he is here saying they are undeserving ,I don’t rate Egypt but I will never say they are undeserving ,they deserved their place at the finals as they did their home work so well

For your last part ,no be how to cross and how to swing free kick carry any of Senegal or Egypt go final oooo ,I say make I remind you grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2022
I am happy to have Equaveon and Amuneke as our coaches. Good development. With Oshimen, Ighalo and Dennis back we are good to go. I like how Equaveon react to matches. Early substitutions and change in formations.
The game with Ghana is not going to be easy. They might want to play boring footy like Tunisia or Egypt against us but we have the firepower to overcome. That Egypt team has scored just 3 goals within 90 minutes. Drag you to penalties and win. Boring team.

My fear is Partey free kicks or shooting abilities cos I don't trust that Okoye boy.
All things being equal the Eagles won't disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2022
ersonleads:

Senegal might not have started well but they did well when it matters most,that’s the most important thing in a competition .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2022
Neobulletzz:

I am 31 years old. I believe I am experienced enough. Consider me for your academy

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I don’t understand him oooo ,2 teams went to the finals and he is here saying they are undeserving ,I don’t rate Egypt but I will never say they are undeserving ,they deserved their place at the finals as they did their home work so well

For your last part ,no be how to cross and how to swing free kick carry any of Senegal or Egypt go final oooo ,I say make I remind you grin

Don't mind him.. Maybe they think formidable is having chukwueze and Simon dribble everyone including the fans. If these people really watch football they would have seen that Brazil didn't win a WC for almost 30 years until they cut out the unnecessary dribbling and focused on rock solid defense and tactics with Parreira's team of 1994.

We want to win. Entertainment value is nice, but winning comes first. Save the dribbling for weekend games with your friends.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
We only just submitted our technical report of the AFCON. In fact it is the reason why I have travelled from Lagos to see the Minister...Eguavoen.

I guess the Sports Minister is running the show. That means, there is a high chance the news of Amunike is true, since the Sports Minister is fan of Amunike.

This doesn't look too good if the minister is the one calling the shots ahead of Pinnick... It could create some conflicts that can affect the team...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
Read

This is exactly why Egypt with their 7 AFCON haven't been able to replicate such performance at the world stage...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rapadl4(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rapadl4(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Losing to CAR at home is actually more shameful than crashing out in the round of 16 of AFCON in my books...At least Tunisia are a formidable side.. They may not have a good squad like he, but they are well known big boys on the continent..We lost to a top team!
But Central African Republic? Come off it...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

This doesn't look too good if the minister is the one calling the shots ahead of Pinnick... It could create some conflicts that can affect the team...
it does look good if pinnick and does rouge's in the glass house will keep bring people like Rorh and pasiero who will get paid more than double of what our local coachs will get and won't still give us what we want why not give our best heads here and pay less then see what comes out of it we have tasted more than 6 year's of pinnick calling the shots let the sport minister do it this time and it in favour of our own wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (12547) (12548) (12549) (12550) (12551) (12552) (12553) ... (16402) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Suzzytee05(f), Philosopher1979 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.