Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,960 members, 7,876,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12007722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12548) (12549) (12550) (12551) (12552) (12553) (12554) ... (16402) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rapadl4(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:53am On Feb 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

This doesn't look too good if the minister is the one calling the shots ahead of Pinnick... It could create some conflicts that can affect the team...

Are you just seeing it now,

He had been calling the shots since he came onboard, He was the reason why Rohr remain, after the world cup, and was the major reason he was sacked too,

I pray this new combo of Austin and Emma work, cos if it fails, it's the Nff and Pinnick that will take the fall for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

I have seen where man city go a man down and still end up winning.

Let me ask, which is the bigger loss? Losing to CAR at home or exiting AFCON at R16?

I guess we can all pick and choose who to criticize.. Bitter truth is Eguavoen is a one dimensional coach that feels 442 of 1994 is still the best. He cannot see beyond that and it's troubling.

The pharaohs gave us too much respect and they paid dearly for it. Where we to face this team again, i do not see us beating them in 90 minutes.

After Egypt we played 2 useless teams and we thought we had arrived.

AFCON 2022 was a disaster for Nigeria. An absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to our history as a soccer loving nation. In serious countries that care about developement, the entire coaching staff and NFF board would've tendered their resignation and disappeared never to be heard from again.

I have seen when Man City is complete, dominate sides to Oblivion and still lose the game. It is football.

We went a man down but still played well and created chances. The rest is beyond the strength of the coach if we are not taking chances.

You guys are being bias and economical with the facts. What matters is creating chances. That is where tactics stop. The rest is down to the players and fate.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
it does look good if pinnick and does rouge's in the glass house will keep bring people like Rorh and pasiero who will get paid more than double of what our local coachs will get and won't still give us what we want why not give our best heads here and pay less then see what comes out of it we have tasted more than 6 year's of pinnick calling the shots let the sport minister do it this time and it in favour of our own wink

what are you even saying, the sport minister should called which shot shots he had been calling since after the worldcup, Nah today Dare start to call shots?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:59am On Feb 04, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I have seen when Man City is complete, dominate sides to Oblivion and still lose the game. It is football.

We went a man down but still played well and created chances. The rest is beyond the strength of the coach if we are not taking chances.

You guys are being bias and economical with the facts. What matters is creating chances. That is where tactics stop. The rest is down to the players and fate.

Finito.

Yes when they dominate Jose Mourinho team, and Jose finish them of with long balls cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2022
solonnachi:
Arthur Okonkwo of Arsenal wants to play for Nigeria but he is scared of the death threats Okoye and Iwobi received after Nigeria got booted out.

This one never ready to play football ,he is not even a tested GK self

Saka wey play for England Wetin him see pass Maduka by far ,Maduka Na online banter and Na there e end

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

Losing to CAR at home is actually more shameful than crashing out in the round of 16 of AFCON in my books...At least Tunisia are a formidable side.. They may not have a good squad like he, but they are well known big boys on the continent..We lost to a top team!
But Central African Republic? Come off it...

Hehehe. Are you serious? 2nd round exit to a depleted and average team like Tunisia is tolerable?FYI, I am a huge fan of Rohr but let's call a spade a spade.

Drew with Sierra Leone and still qualified for AFCON - target met...
Egbon lost to Madagascar in group stages and still went all the way to semis and won golden bronze - target met....
He lost to CAR and still qualified for next round of World Cup qualifiers - on target..

And yes, I supported the sacking of Rohr but didn’t support who replaced him. His replacement is a poor coach...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2022
do4luv14:

what are you even saying, the sport minister should called which shot shots he had been calling since after the worldcup, Nah today Dare start to call shots?
it seems you don't know the nff is a subsidiary of the sport ministry and they depend on Dem for financiance and stuff and was dare the one that brought rorh or went to consult morinho for pasiero.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2022
PurpleHouse:
Maduka is too nice and calm headed to be a keeper.

We've always had rugged agbero-kinda goalkeepers.

Is Ikeme not calm headed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2022
COOL10:

Prime Azpilicueta go beat Osimhen oo

BTW, why did Osimhen back off in the second pic? cheesy

grin Swears, man. Maybe he felt the heat grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
Read

Ask yourself how many players Egypt get for Europe ?

They don’t have good players in Europe and the few they had where starters as their front 3 where players from Liverpool galatasaray and Stuttgart

If you are thinking Nigeria should have so many home based players like the Egyptian then you can keep on dreaming grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
THROWBACK: AZPILICUETA x OSIMHEN

Osimhen be like, "I go comot your teeth just now". cheesy grin

#ChampionsLeague

This one own na to dey form street boy. Whites too get strength o. Dem go beat you faint.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Sir Purple, you don't want to mention the player yet you want me to give names?

Is the player you are talking about Nwakali? Because It was clear that Nwakali was Eguavoen's failed 'science project' who proved he really wasn't ready for the big stage.

I am not Purple, i am "Meli for me"

I saw no need of mentioning any player since it's just one player out of 28 players, but your post implicated many players.

Do you know the meaning of football IQ ?
If you do know you wouldn't have mentioned Nwakali. I don't want to go with the excuse that you have not watched him enough. This AFCON was enough testament to what he brings.

Ndidi, Osimhen and Nwakali, are our most important players because of what they can offer. As it stands, i am yet to see any other.

So Mr Joezinho, Nwakali is not the player on my mind.

I am still waiting for your list of S.E players with low football lQ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:25am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

This one own na to dey form street boy. Whites too get strength o. Dem go beat you faint.
he Know dey form street boy na original street boy him be and he dey warn them if you do anyhow you go collect wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

with his style of play and aggression I Dey see am like who injury go cut short em career if em no apply caution

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

grin Swears, man. Maybe he felt the heat grin

Lol

In the first pic, he was like
'You dey craze?, Who you be sef?.'

In the second pic : Ahn Ahn Bros, no need getting this close, na play I dey play with you nah. No vex abeg. No vex

It reminds me of when Henderson stepped up to Diego Costa after Costa tried to show his usual self. Costa had to back off when he saw the rage in Henderson's eyes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Meliforme:

I saw no need of mentioning any player since it's just one player out of 28 players, but your post implicated many players.

If you do know you wouldn't have mentioned Nwakali. I don't want to go with the excuse that you have not watched him enough. This AFCON was enough testament to what he brings.

Ndidi, Osimhen and Nwakali, are our most important players because of what they can offer. As it stands, i am yet to see any other.

nwakali follow for important players for current super eagles?

Person wey go join burgos fc soon cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2022
Meliforme:

So Mr Joezi.nho, Nwakali is not the player on my mind.

grin grin grin. So you would rather choose Nwakali for Naija's biggest game this year?

If y'all strongly believe Nwakali is your answer to help combat and overcome the Ghanaian midfield, good luck to you and Eguavoen..

Just brace yourselves and be prepared to watch the Ghanaians pick the tix to Qatar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
it seems you don't know the nff is a subsidiary of the sport ministry and they depend on Dem for financiance and stuff and was dare the one that brought rorh or went to consult morinho for pasiero.

You don't get it do you, Rohr was appointed by the Nff, and was given a target, of Semi final at Afton, then second round at worldcup, he got one, fails the other, And the Nff wanted to sack him

that's where Dare comes in, offer to pay his salaries if he continues, and even wanted him to continue, so the team can perform well at both the next Afton, and worldcup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

grin grin grin. So you would rather choose Nwakali for Naija's biggest game this year?

If y'all strongly believe Nwakali is your answer to help combat and overcome the Ghanaian midfield, good luck to you and Eguavoen..

Just brace yourselves and be prepared to watch the Ghanaians pick the tix to Qatar.
gh midfielders go match craze comot for em knee

With amuneke as one of the coaches I won’t be surprised to see him start cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
with his style of play and aggression I Dey see like who injury go cut short em career if em no apply caution

Exactly bro. Osimhen needs to be more careful...
There is something about the way he plays that is overly aggressive and reckless. There is a reason he keeps getting these kind of injuries and none of our other players do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:38am On Feb 04, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
he Know dey form street boy na original street boy him be and he dey warn them if you do anyhow you go collect wink

Ah tell you, if them do anyhow, dem go collect anyhow

modified
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

There is something about the way he plays that is overly aggressive and reckless. There is a reason he keeps getting these kind of injuries and none of our other players do.
a good striker and the delight of any top team but too aggressive and forceful to my liking which has resulted to spat of injuries in his young career

He needs to learn how to play safe some times

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2022
fabyom:
Salah meets Mane! Two undeserving teams.

Senegal is an average team.

Egypt will drag them to penalties and win the cup.

This AFCON has shown that the Super Eagles is a formidable team. With a full house none comes close!! That's on periodith!!

Thats why we did not get beyond group winners.

We are so formidable

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Where epistle writer super nerd come dem wan release the best midfielder of the world from huesca oo

Huesca management say dem don tire so na to release am of em contract or let am run till summer when it expires grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

he is lucky serie A doesn’t boast of dreaded CBs like years past if not em go Dey hang leg for hospital steady

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
a good striker and the delight of any top team but too aggressive and forceful to my liking which has resulted to spat of injuries in his young career

He needs to learn how to play safe some times

True. He needs to learn to play the game beautifully and easily so he and the fans can enjoy it more. The kind of clumsy jambody football he plays sometimes makes for a tough watch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44am On Feb 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
nwakali follow for important players for current super eagles?

Person wey go join burgos fc soon cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is this preoccupation with mediocrity a fantasy or are some people just completely without any sense of judgment.

It's incomprehensible to me the fixation with confirmed, tested and proven mediocrity over 6/7 years.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:47am On Feb 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he is lucky serie A doesn’t boast of dreaded CBs like years past if not em go Dey hang leg for hospital steady

Gattuso the leg and knee breaker, Maicon, Ivan Cardoba, Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini, Mauro Tassoti... Etc.

Evil men. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2022
komekn:

Is this preoccupation with mediocrity a fantasy or are some people just completely without any sense of judgment.

It's incomprehensible to me the fixation with confirmed, tested and proven mediocrity over 6/7 years.
na this simple point u wan mk u use this fixation and other ogbonge grammar tk post am? cheesy

In summary hyping mediocrity out of favoritism and sentiment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Meliforme:

This is the second time you are capping this nonsense

When we speak of important players for the eagles Nwakali is no where near top 10 let alone putting him on same sentence with ndidi and osimhen

You better respect yourself there grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Joezinho:

Gattuso the leg and knee breaker, Maicon, Ivan Cardoba, Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini, Mauro Tassoti... Etc.

Evil men. grin
thuram,nesta,tarchinadi,canavaro,Samuel,materrazzi,constacuta and many more cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12548) (12549) (12550) (12551) (12552) (12553) (12554) ... (16402) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: slimthugchimee2(m), mank1234(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.