Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,942 members, 7,966,484 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12531119 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13032) (13033) (13034) (13035) (13036) (13037) (13038) ... (16741) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

That's not a Nigerian flag. That's Feyenoord's official colours.
Green and white of Ngr flag is vertical and not horizontal. Unless it has been changed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:
Osimehn is even lucky that ikpeba was kind in his criticism because if it was me, the man for hear am. The man failed to convert any of his 4 “half chances” in a derby game that resulted in our non qualification and he has the mouth to talk nonsense? Can he try 3 overhead kick in a Napoli derby game and fail to convert any of them and will not be chased with cutlass? This is the same player that some agent was comparing to Harland on this platform? Mad people full here. Dude failed to convert any of the 4 half chances that was created for him vs Ghana and he has the mouth to talk? Because of people like him, I have to miss attending Qatar. Nigerians think that football is just about Running and Running. You have to learn positional awareness, intelligence, technique in order to become great
Haaland her badland there, did he qualify Norway to world cup With all his magic boot etc. We should stop running away from the fact that the coach messed up the team. Osihmen was running because they were just lobbing balls to him from defense. Even his club coach the other time said that they need to curtail his runs. That it will help him to score more goals. But in SE it's boom to Osihmen and insha Allah.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
The Nigerian show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsUBVaKdHU

Olayinka was the captain for Slavia Prague yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

Haaland her badland there, did he qualify Norway to world cup With all his magic boot etc. We should stop running away from the fact that the coach messed up the team. Osihmen was running because they were just lobbing balls to him from defense. Even his club coach the other time said that they need to curtail his runs. That it will help him to score more goals. But in SE it's boom to Osihmen and insha Allah.
Norway is a useless footballing country, They haven't qualified for any meaningful competition since Haaland was born.
Not even John Carew could do the magic in his prime.

Osimhen at 23 shouldn't be responding to all things he reads about himself on social media.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
Karlovych:
Norway is a useless footballing country, They haven't qualified for any meaningful competition since Haaland was born.
Not even John Carew could do the magic in his prime.

Osimhen at 23 shouldn't be responding to all things he reads about himself on social media.

And he wants to play for Real Madrid lol ikpeba didn’t even criticize him, rather he complimented him with a little bit advise. By the time osimehn sees real criticism at Madrid or Barcelona, his eyes go clear. The much maligned ighalo qualified us for the World Cup in his prime

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

And he wants to play for Real Madrid lol ikpeba didn’t even criticize him, rather he complimented him with a little bit advise. By the time osimehn sees real criticism at Madrid or Barcelona, his eyes go clear. The much maligned ighalo qualified us for the World Cup in his prime
To think that most of the current players will be in their late 20s/early 30s by the time the next world cup arrives (In Osimhen's case his first World Cup appearance)

If they like they shouldn't focus on their crafts and miss that one only to resort to battling with ex-players that have done their jobs with the national team and won trophies.

Obafemi Martins and Yakubu despite their talents/club records, only took part in 1 world cup with the nation because in their prime, the entire nation didn't take the 2006 WC qualifying process seriously and missed out on it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

Mikel was leading the orchestra and Vic Moses was complementing. But once Mikel started slowing down, we started gidigbo football. From 2018 world cup to Afcon 2019, our MF started slowing down. Fact is An osihmen with Prime Mikel and Vic Mo. will score loads of goals. Ighalo only enjoyed their presence The young man is suffering in the present SE.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
Ikpeba just gave his submission to journalist (Godwin Enakhena) on top radio and still advising osimehn and said he will praise him always and when it time to criticize him he will do it constructively again as long as he his in the studio doing his punditry grin grin grin;

Ipkeba also said the best answer to osimehn is silence and at age 23 he knew what he has achieved so victor should take inspiration from his words and go higher wink

Wise words. cool

The first one was Osimhen just getting something on the ball, u could see him asking Ademola lookman why he didn't give him a shout.

What did Osimhen say that was so bad I didn't see anybody saying Ronaldo should not have taken that bicycle kick against Juventus because it was in the quarter finals of the champions league. Just saying "don't take over head kicks" is a basic argument but if u want to go the route of bringing the ball down are we saying the Ghanaians would just stand there and watch as he takes his time to shoot? Mind u he would have to head the ball down meaning it definitely would be up for grabs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

The first one was Osimhen just getting something on the ball, u could see him asking Ademola lookman why he didn't give him a shout.

What did Osimhen say that was so bad I didn't see anybody saying Ronaldo should not have taken that bicycle kick against Juventus because it was in the quarter finals of the champions league. Just saying "don't take over head kicks" is a basic argument but if u want to go the route of bringing the ball down are we saying the Ghanaians would just stand there and watch as he takes his time to shoot? Mind u he would have to head the ball down meaning it definitely would be up for grabs.
Those that have not played the game always think that it's easy. You only need a fraction of a second to think. Some times u don't even think, At that moment I don't think Osihmen has option, unless he wants to give a headed pass. But to who. Inside a crowded penalty box. He can't even try to drop it down to shoot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

He had a Ghanaian player just behind him. if that ball had gone in, everyone would be singing a different song.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

Those that have not played the game always think that it's easy. You only need a fraction of a second to think. Some times u don't even think, At that moment I don't think Osihmen has option, unless he wants to give a headed pass. But to who. Inside a crowded penalty box. He can't even try to drop it down to shoot.
He acted instinctively, I really don't understand why it's an issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lol ,you are right

I was among people who said he was catching cruise ,but that was in Twitter banters and not footballing issues

grin

Na small small we e dey start nau. BTW.... you don dey enjoy European Football Section pass us you met there sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

Mikel was leading the orchestra and Vic Moses was complementing. But once Mikel started slowing down, we started gidigbo football. From 2018 world cup to Afcon 2019, our MF started slowing down. Fact is An osihmen with Prime Mikel and Vic Mo. will score loads of goals. Ighalo only enjoyed their presence The young man is suffering in the present SE.
Our current wingers are also clowns that don't know when to dribble and when to give a simple pass to a free/overlapping teammate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

What did Osimhen say that was so bad
I'm a Yoruba man. The adage Osimhen used is very insulting and not justified

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

Which crowded penalty box? Dude had all the time to control the ball before the nearest players can close up to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
I thought footballers are supposed to have Social Media Managers or their Agents are supposed to be incharge of the players' social media accounts?

What Osimehn did was childish, his agent was supposed to have called him and made sure he deleted the post and also apologised.

He's a footballer and criticism is part of the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
The impact of the class of 94 to present day super eagles is similar to the impact of the class of 99 to prwsent day Man united.. Nothing but negative

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

You’re forking mad. If he did it once and fail, it’s understandable but to do it 3 times in the same game and fail at all 3 attempts and we didn’t qualify, ikpeba was even kind at his criticism because if I was a pundit, osimehn for here am. These new young players are soft and being pampered because they cannot try such rubbish at their club side. Ikpeba was even kind at his criticism because osimehn has a long way to become world class. Football isn’t just about running running like a cheater you have to refine your game and improve on other qualities like positional awareness, converting chances and shooting techniques

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
5inchdick:

He had a Ghanaian player just behind him. if that ball had gone in, everyone would be singing a different song.

EWU but it didn’t go in. Also, how many overhead kick has he scored to be trying those audacious attempt in such game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

EWU but it didn’t go in. Also, how many overhead kick has he scored to be trying those audacious attempt in such game
Now I don't know the difference between you and the Osimhen you're trying to correct.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
For the most part, what separates world-class players from the rest is decision-making. No be training ground you dey. If you are unable to repress your desire for a better play then you are still learning. Na discipline dem dey call am. If you want to subject yourself to instinct you better be sure you are great at your actions as a result of it. Besides, i do not believe that was instinctive. Person jump do bicycle kick you call am instinct, as as how?

But i would like to tread carefully here though. If that had gone in, we would call it spectacular. But one thing is certain, if you opt to make better decisions, you will have those spectacular moments. The plan is not to be spectacular. The plan is to make better decisions(even split-second decisions).
5inchdick:

He acted instinctively, I really don't understand why it's an issue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
I am sorry, but what is the job of a pundit? No be to criticize? Before the fact ooo, after the fact ooo. As long as dem no insult your mama, papa or mock your disability. Besides this is coming from someone who has seen it all.

Besides people today no really understand when to use some of these words. Person wey dem know well well for bicycle kick dey tell you say, dem no dey do bicycle kick, you still get mouth dey talk. Shame no even dey catch you to talk say, en i go continue dey do am. grin grin How many bicycle kicks you don score? I no blame am sha. Na Oshoala be the real Agbaiya. Na she cause am. cheesy

If world-class is a journey of 10 years, Osimhen still dey him sixth year, and i am being very generous here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

so you want me to believe in does scenario he did a bicycle kick that his the only option available and every other players in the world would have done Same what a joke of a statement, he tried the first one it didn't work out try another thing next time that what ikpeba was pointing out and in Ronaldo's case he tried bicycle kick twice in that match one was blocked by a defender and the other one went in, bale did it once in the final of same season and it was a goal grin grin grin
Osimehn have been in Same situation at his club side severally tell me how many bicycle kicks has he attempted at Napoli not to talk of doing it more than once in a match when it wasn't even going on target, osimehn at Napoli would have done something different and might result to penalty that why he has the highest penalty won in the top 5 leagues wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
Good point.
TFLASHOGEE:
so you want me to believe in does scenerio he did a bicycle kick that his the only option available and every other players in the world would have done Same what a joke of a statement he tried the first one it didn't work out try another thing next time that what ipkeba was pointing out and in Ronaldo's case he tried bicycle kick twice in that match one was blocked by a defender and the other one went in, bale did it once in the final of same season and it was a goal grin grin grin
Osimehn have been in Same situation at his club side severally tell me how many bicycle kicks have he attempted at Napoli not to talk of doing it more than once in a match when it wasn't even going on target, osimehn at Napoli would have done something different and might result to penalty that why he has the highest penalty won in the top 5 leagues wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
forgiveness:

Always been their captain.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
Is it true Amaju Pinnick has agreed to step down as NFF president? Well if true, I'd say his effort and love for the Eagles during his time have been average. But it's even more appreciated that he has set a new benchmark to step down which is unlike many public officials in Nigeria. However his decision to step down is hinged on family reason and not because he considers his failures as president of the football federation a justification to do so. However we are grateful for his time managing football affairs in the country. My grouse with him is not about the national team. But rather the cadet teams. Whatever success we enjoyed in 2015 under 17 World Cup were less of his effort. I hope whoever steps in can at least help with out under 17 team. If that's the only World Cup I'd enjoy Nigeria winning let it always continue to be so.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2022
forgiveness:

Your boy don captain many of their games ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
M7even:
Is it true Amaju Pinnick has agreed to step down as NFF president? Well if true, I'd say his effort and love for the Eagles during his time have been average. But it's even more appreciated that he has set a new benchmark to step down which is unlike many public officials in Nigeria. However his decision to step down is hinged on family reason and not because he considers his failures as president of the football federation a justification to do so. However we are grateful for his time managing football affairs in the country. My grouse with him is not about the national team. But rather the cadet teams. Whatever success we enjoyed in 2015 under 17 World Cup were less of his effort. I hope whoever steps in can at least help with out under 17 team. If that's the only World Cup I'd enjoy Nigeria winning let it always continue to be so.

He isn't stepping down. He only said he won't be recontesting.

Pinnick's tenure would have been among one of the most successful for the SE if he had not hit the self destruct button at the eve of the Afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Always been their captain.

I saw him captained before but I never knew he is there captain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Your boy don captain many of their games ooo

I know na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
M7even:
trust pinnick's words at your own peril, some one Godwin Enakhena called on his show and try to whine him to give vardict on him assuring the public about not contesting, only for pinnick to get angry and tell Godwin he isn't a kid as he knows the gimmick Godwin was trying to pull, and he his only making that statement at this moment because of his family doesn't support the 3rd term because they want him around.
To me na sakamaje just to cool off the heat of the moment when it time for the election we will know the truth grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
daveP:
Right now, the team is not that talented enough to exclude her. If she was in the days of akide, maybe this would be a good idea. Although, i see valid angle to this, i just don't think it would make things better for the team off and on the pitch. Factions has been existing way before she even went for her 2nd Wafcon. Women tinz.

Besides they fight too in camp. Bo be only her o.

Rumors have it that Ebi is the team snitch. Its a strong rumor. What a time
We can afford to leave her out please. Benzema, Ozil and Auba are examples.
Kanu,Ajibade,Onumomu..., in fact we have plenty.
We will miss her though but if leaving her out is the best decision, they should go ahead please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13032) (13033) (13034) (13035) (13036) (13037) (13038) ... (16741) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney, bishop88, typicalgamer(m), AndSunGorilla, elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m), SamueItem337(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.