Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,707 members, 7,914,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12212810 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (16496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
Icon4s:

So ikechukwu Uche has joined your list of returnees.

I am still waiting for joebiestats on Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
Lol....
i tell you...had it been Nigeria won that star 6 tournament in the UK...many here would have litter these thread with calls for the likes of amokachi, yakubu recall....
trust me...
some here already calling for osaze recall....reason because he started scoring in far away Indonesia...recently he has been having his goal drought though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Na so.

I don't just know why some people would be so blinded by bias.

I don't have favorite players as most do here but if a player does something right I don't hesitate to say it the way it is. And the other way round too.
I tell you....
it is either nacho or mikel...
and sometimes onazi comes in....
the hatred for nacho and kelechi is real...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

One example but i will argue Arsenal struggled many times were mental not physical. It is the same reason they capitulate when the pressure is on.
Other technical and less physical teams like Man Utd whooped Bolton left, right and center. Chile are not anywhere close to the physicality of Cameroon.

Arsenal struggle against physical teams, every man and his dog know this. It wasn't only Bolton or Stoke . Even Birmingham beat them in the Carlin cup final. The problem with Arsenal is Arsene Wenger who have refused to evolved with the realities of the morden game.
Over the years, you always knew Arsenal will conceed from corner kicks because Wenger preferred short players, when it became too obvious he bought Matersacker and Giroud, with them in the side, Arsenal hardly conceed from corners.

The top teams in the Premier league can mix it up with physicality. Man Utd had Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher, Tevez, Rooney name them, while Chelsea had Essien, Lampard, Carvalho, Terry, Drogba, Anelka etc. Compare these guys to paper weight players like Denilson, Fabregas, Senderos, Clichy, Bendtner, Hleb etc you get picture.

Chile is one he'll of a physical team. As a matter of fact they are the most physical South American team. If you watched them at the last 2 Copa America which they won, you will see how they bully people all over the place. I saw them bully Messi and he almost cried in the finals last year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
Icon4s:

The only player I can pick out there is Kayode and that one sef na manage.

We will confine Victor Moses to RB and Onyekuru and Olaitan or Kalu would be playing RWF.

Chairman reason am abeg.

We need Victor Moses in a Forward position. Shehu Abdullahi is not doing bad at RB hate him or like him.

We need Victor Moses' fire power upfront abeg.
All those players you mentioned are learners.

I don't care if he starts there or not, the point I am making is that we have capable deputies I'd the coach decides to play him there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
The fact is those players are retired. Comparing them to players who are still active is disrespectful. I only spoke about Ike who is in the Segunda liga and gave a stat of his contribution. What has that got to do with Yakubu who could not run in one of his last league matches. Please respect those who have retired and those who have not.. And besides all these players have served their fatherland well.

Abi na children dey play for Indonesia

Humility017:

Lol....
i tell you...had it been Nigeria won that star 6 tournament in the UK...many here would have litter these thread with calls for the likes of amokachi, yakubu recall....
trust me...
some here already calling for osaze recall....reason because he started scoring in far away Indonesia...recently he has been having his goal drought though...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mickael2:

I don't care if he starts there or not, the point I am making is that we have capable deputies I'd the coach decides to play him there

Moses Simon and Karo Etebo are even ahead of those players you call deputies to Victor Moses.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
The fact is those players are retired. Comparing them to players who are still active is disrespectful. I only spoke about Ike who is in the Segunda liga and gave a stat of his contribution. What has that got to do with Yakubu who could not run in one of his last league matches. Please respect those who have retired and those who have not.. And besides all these players have served their fatherland well.

Abi na children dey play for Indonesia

sometimes I even wonder if some of the people here reason before they type. They either crack these dry jokes about the star 60s tourney(which was funny th first 100 times) or they say you hate a player because of criticism, I am.used to it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Moses Simon and Karo Etebo are even ahead of those players you call deputies to Victor Moses.

Moses Simon? sometimes I wonder why you just like dwelling on mediocrity. no offence but I honestly wonder that sometimes. Moses Siomn is not close to those players I mentioned, it is not an insult just the fact there.

and mind you we are talking about RWF, I believe Karo plays.as a LWF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
na wa, from the did you know stats I hope someone learned something.. Or maybe they already knew but didn't care. Or they didn't know but never cared to know if the player is still playing.. or they wish him retired already.. or they never want to hear his name mentioned..so many possibilities. But I must tell you, these players whether retired or not are well known, and have paid their dues. But we are just faceless on here.. Let's be respectful of all of them. If anyone of you have contributed more to this country, you can show your face.

But like goldfish80 rightly said we are very much like our leaders. I'm not surprised.

Mickael2:

sometimes I even wonder if some of the people here reason before they type. They either crack these dry jokes about the star 60s tourney(which was funny th first 100 times) or they say you hate a player because of criticism, I am.used to it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Let's not put undue pressure on Iheanacho. He will get there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mickael2:

Moses Simon? sometimes I wonder why you just like dwelling on mediocrity. no offence but I honestly wonder that sometimes. Moses Siomn is not close to those players I mentioned, it is not an insult just the fact there.

and mind you we are talking about RWF, I believe Karo plays.as a LWF

Moses Simon will not make my first 11 with the current crop but I definitely rate him higher than Onyekuru, Kalu, Olaitan and Bonaventure.

As for Etebo. I hope you know that a player starting at LWF doesn't mean he cannot alternate with the RWF. Victor Moses also operates from LW, so I have to throw Etebo into the mix.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Final Score: Feirense 2-1 Ferreira

Feirense's number 1 shirt, Dele Alampasu, was in bench for the second consecutive time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hmm ... The heat is on nw. Man city narrowly escapes defeat. All the drills and philosophy didnt translate into 6 nil. We are watching... in 7d!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
Eagles List : Joel Obi, Esiti, Ifeanyi Matthew, Eze, Samuel, Rabiu Ali In, Uche Agbo Out – Reports
August 21, 2017064

Unconfirmed reports from highly respected Nigerian journalist Wale Ajayi has it that coach Gernot Rohr 29 man list for the Super Eagles game has been leaked to him.

Ajayi sent a mail to Owngoalnigeria.com with names of the players in the list, and the well travelled journalist listed Ifeanyi Matthew, Aaron Samuel, Joel Obi, Rabiu Ali and Joel Obi has been called up.

His list sent to our editorial desk also confirmed the axing of Uche Agbo as Gernot Rohr opt for FC Ifeanyi Ubah defender Stephen Eze as one of the local based players in the list.

See list

SUPER EAGLES 29-MAN LIST FOR CAMEROON

1. DANIEL AKPEYI
2. IKECHUKWU EZENWA
3. DELE AJIBOYE
4. DELE ALAMPASU
5. SHEHU ABDULLAHI
6. ELDERSON. ECHIEJILE
7. STEPHEN EZE
8. KENNETH OMERUO
9. LEON BALOGUN
10 TROOST EKONG
11 CHIDOZIE AWAZIEM

MIDFIELDERS

12 MIKEL AGU
13. MIKEL OBI
14 IFEANYI MATTHEW
15 JOHN OGU
16 ANDERSON ESITI
17 WILFRED NDIDI
18. OGENYI ONAZI
19. RABIU ALI
20. JOEL OBI

DONT MISS ==> Wenger Reveals Why Alex Iwobi Was Dropped From Arsenal Matchday Squad Against Bayern Munich
STRIKERS

21. ALEX. IWOBI
22 KELECHI IHEANACHO
23 KAYODE OLANREWAJU
24. ODION IGHALO
25 VICTOR. MOSES
26 AHMED MUSA
27 ISAAC SUCCESS
28 AARON SAMUEL
29. ANTHONY NWAKAEME

--OwnGoalNigeria

I know this is an unconfirmed list by one of the controversial websites but why is no one talking about the possibility of Rabiu Ali making the official list based on this unofficial one.
I hear the baba is 37 and he still plays like he is just 31 or 39, what will he add to the team if he gets the call up? he has done well this season in the NPFL even scored against Benin just over the weekend, does he have enough international experience to face Cameroon or will he still v that stamina?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abeg oo .All those saying we shouldn't use physical players against Cameroon should stop it.
The Cameroonians won't come here to play around. they know Whats at stake . They are African champions and will do all they can to make it to Russia. We should even be thankful that Hayatou is no longer CAF president. He could have manipulated things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
Danielnino00:
Abeg oo .All those saying we shouldn't use physical players against Cameroon should stop it.
The Cameroonians won't come here to play around. they know Whats at stake . They are African champions and will do all they can to make it to Russia. We should even be thankful that Hayatou is no longer CAF president. He could have manipulated things.

Who are those "Physical players" you Want to see against Cameroon?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
Let's not put undue pressure on Iheanacho. He will get there.

He is not there yet right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

How much power do we have in our team compared to creativity?

Enough to have a starting eleven.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
He is not there yet!!! He has the potential to even be better. It becomes a problem when we think we have arrived.

Icon4s:

He is not there yet right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
He is not there yet!!! He has the potential to even be better. It becomes a problem when we think we have arrived.

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
Two goals back to back is the answer.. The following day he scored a cracker for Kano Pillars. if the story is true, then Rohr is not sentimental. Will he make the match day squad? That's another question. I don't care if a 40 year old scores the winner for us against Cameroon. Sunday Mba is not wanted in his club today, but he was old even when he gave us the AFCON trophy. That's the only thing saving our face in football right now.. if not we will still be talking about the 94 class.. I'm not canvassing for Rabiu Ali.. but let's stop all these judgements based on age etc. Rohr watched the Benin match live. If Rohr thinks he is good for an invite, then so be it.

Danycrusoe:

I know this is an unconfirmed list by one of the controversial websites but why is no one talking about the possibility of Rabiu Ali making the official list based on this unofficial one.
I hear the baba is 37 and he still plays like he is just 31 or 39, what will he add to the team if he gets the call up? he has done well this season in the NPFL even scored against Benin just over the weekend, does he have enough international experience to face Cameroon or will he still v that stamina?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
Two goals back to back is the answer.. The following day he scored a cracker for Kano Pillars. if the story is true, then Rohr is not sentimental. Will he make the match day squad? That's another question. I don't care if a 40 year old scores the winner for us against Cameroon. Sunday Mba is not wanted in his club today, but he was old even when he gave us the AFCON trophy. That's the only thing saving our face in football right now.. if not we will still be talking about the 94 class.. I'm not canvassing for Rabiu Ali.. but let's stop all these judgements based on age etc. Rohr watched the Benin match live. If Rohr thinks he is good for an invite, then so be it.

Sunday Mba was 24 when he featured at that 2013 AFCON.

This is the same Rabiu Alli that a lot of people here criticized Salisu for including in the CHAN list.

Nobody has also commended Ikechukwu Ezenwa for the penalty save that ensured we qualified for the CHAN. Why? Because he is Ikechukwu Ezenwa, a guy alongside Akpeyi, that we don't want in the Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
junnyjake:

Enough to have a starting eleven.

Compared to our creative players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
goldfish80:

Arsenal struggle against physical teams, every man and his dog know this. It wasn't only Bolton or Stoke . Even Birmingham beat them in the Carlin cup final. The problem with Arsenal is Arsene Wenger who have refused to evolved with the realities of the morden game.
Over the years, you always knew Arsenal will conceed from corner kicks because Wenger preferred short players, when it became too obvious he bought Matersacker and Giroud, with them in the side, Arsenal hardly conceed from corners.

The top teams in the Premier league can mix it up with physicality. Man Utd had Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher, Tevez, Rooney name them, while Chelsea had Essien, Lampard, Carvalho, Terry, Drogba, Anelka etc. Compare these guys to paper weight players like Denilson, Fabregas, Senderos, Clichy, Bendtner, Hleb etc you get picture.

Chile is one he'll of a physical team. As a matter of fact they are the most physical South American team. If you watched them at the last 2 Copa America which they won, you will see how they bully people all over the place. I saw them bully Messi and he almost cried in the finals last year.
me too was shocked wen tbaba said they werent dat physical....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
kennysville:
Hmm ... The heat is on nw. Man city narrowly escapes defeat. All the drills and philosophy didnt translate into 6 nil. We are watching... in 7d!

I can not believe anyone can complain after what we watched. A man down early in the game and also a goal down but we gave Everton hell. I think Guardiola deserves commendation for coaching and creating such spectacle.

Give it to him. He is awesome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
AIG07:
Sir, which list? yours or Rohr's?

If by mistake his name is found there... Rohr's integrity will be questioned. Cos I can't imagine a player who hasn't been making his team squad for the last 4-5months to be included in the list of players to face CMR in a WCQs not friendly match o.

I no wan see osimhen or success for that list.

it'd be really surprising if Cyril dessers would be excluded for those two.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
There is this hunger I see in some players, especially Brazilians I do not see in our players. I think we need to change our mindset and believe we can do better.

My jaw dropped when Danilo made that sprint to get the ball and also take that shot. That is pure hunger and belief in his talent.

There was this long ball that Ederson played. As soon as he hit it, I told someone that is a pass. I was still shocked when the ball landed squarely on Aguero. That kind of ability takes lots of hard work and that is a major determinant for greatness.

Our players need to develop this kind of hunger to achieve extraordinary things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Danielnino00:

bros...no one ever said such.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Joebie:
Final Score: Feirense 2-1 Ferreira

Feirense's number 1 shirt, Dele Alampasu, was in bench for the second consecutive time.

Wow. Number 1 shirt. That is interesting. The young man needs to work hard. Get his muscles and reflex sharp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Funny.

So who mounts goal against Cameroon?

Only time will tell.Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I can not believe anyone can complain after what we watched. A man down early in the game and also a goal down but we gave Everton hell. I think Guardiola deserves commendation for coaching and creating such spectacle.

Give it to him. He is awesome.

are u a city fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
pyrex23:

are u a city fan

Strong one. Since 2010.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (16496) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m), elyte89, Amedino99(m), ddone, immobilare(m), Jefersoun, Sugarboyy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.