Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,008 members, 7,915,934 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12218423 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13089) (13090) (13091) (13092) (13093) (13094) (13095) ... (16500) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Sir,if I have my way I would have suggested 70% players from football academies for our U20 and truly young ones from NPFL make up 30%...seriously,
not really important winning the U20 but Bosso should give us future eagles stars with good performance.
That should be the idea, but I was just surprised with some of the teams the players represent. Are One Rocket and Maikunkele academies or clubsides? I hope they do well though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Oga Basco,Osimehn need to improve on his social network handling.....fine his club never question him on it just cos he does it more with Nigerians.

His club is the one paying his salary why should he worry about anyone else Why should people be allowed to say what they want without getting a response? Nigerians talk nonsense online about our footballers all day but once someone says something back it is a problem?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Karlovych:
That should be the idea, but I was just surprised with some of the teams the players represent. Are One Rocket and Maikunkele academies or clubsides? I hope they do well though.

One Rocket is club in uyo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

His club is the one paying his salary why should he worry about anyone else Why should people be allowed to say what they want without getting a response? Nigerians talk nonsense online about our footballers all day but once someone says something back it is a problem?
Oga,Nigerians talk nonsense online? but statistically majority of Nigeria football fans always talking good of Osimehn online.

I want to tell you that Osimehn is the most love Nigeria player presently,so why not use maturity to handle very small ones that talk poo about him.

One big question can Osimehn try it with Napoli fans the way he does it with Nigerians online.....I still remember a passionate fan who asked him about his injury and the replied was go and ask your Father.

Sir,he need to take it easy with his social network and learn from others,especially super eagles players....abi no be dis country Odion Ighalo received death threat.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Oga,Nigerians talk nonsense online? but statistically majority of Nigeria football fans always talking good of Osimehn online.

I want to tell you that Osimehn is the most love Nigeria player presently,so why not use maturity to handle very small ones that talk poo about him.

One big question can Osimehn try it with Napoli fans the way he does it with Nigerians online.

Sir,he need to take it easy with his social network and learn from others,especially super eagles players....abi no be dis country Odion Ighalo received death threat.

Oga u obviously know I don't mean all Nigerians.

@ the bolded, he would absolutely do the same thing with a Napoli fan that he feels is being disrespectful.

So because Ighalo didn't react that is now what everyone should do? That's not how life works. That's like expecting everyone to take a slap from Will Smith and keep smiling.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
jihday:
real strikers don’t really need to know how to score long rangers, Inzaghi, RVN, Anelka amongst others can’t shoot long to save their lives even you will agree they were World class players

You are bringing strikers of 20 years ago.

All modern world class strikers score from anywhere they can get a sight at goal. Osimhen 's left foot is dead, he can't curl with his right. This affects his movement because when he gets the ball, he tends to drift to the right wing reducing his chances of scoring because he is too right footed rather than going inside the defender to set up a one-on-one with his left foot. This is just one of many places in his game that is glaringly poor for a CF, and I am surprised it has not been coached out of him yet.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
drDoom3:

All modern world class strikers score from anywhere they can get a sight at goal. Osimhen 's left foot is dead, he can't curl with his right. This affects his movement because when he gets the ball, he tends to drift to the right wing reducing his chances of scoring because he is too right footed rather than going inside the defender to set up a one-on-one with his left foot. This is just one of many places in his game that is glaringly poor for a CF, and I am surprised it has not been coached out of him yet.

By the way, this is one of the reasons why Osimhen needs a move. His development is stagnating badly at Napoli. I can't really see any improvement in his game over the last year, just same old. This shows that personalized coaching at Napoli is poor or he just doesn't want to train himself on these things.

The best players in the world stay for hours after group training to perfect flaws in their game. With all his dogged mentality, if Osimhen does not do this especially with the glaring flaws he has currently he will never get to that Haaland/Mbappe or even Vlahovic level. He has been too raw for too long, he is 23, by now he should be entering full blown maturity technically football-wise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
drDoom3:

Does Haaland score long rangers?

And Osimhen isn't too right footed as you claim. The heat maps of his games say otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Oga u obviously know I don't mean all Nigerians.

@ the bolded, he would absolutely do the same thing with a Napoli fan that he feels is being disrespectful.

So because Ighalo didn't react that is now what everyone should do? That's not how life works. That's like expecting everyone to take a slap from Will Smith and keep smiling.
baba forget that thing many Italian pundit criticize osimehn on his weakness and he can't talk shit back to them, am sure he won't dare ask a Napoli fan to go ask his father for a question thrown to him online he will rather ignore it just to avoid troubles wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
drDoom3:

By the way, this is one of the reasons why Osimhen needs a move. His development is stagnating badly at Napoli. I can't really see any improvement in his game over the last year, just same old. This shows that personalized coaching at Napoli is poor or he just doesn't want to train himself on these things.

The best players in the world stay for hours after group training to perfect flaws in their game. With all his dogged mentality, if Osimhen does not do this especially with the glaring flaws he has currently he will never get to that Haaland/Mbappe or even Vlahovic level. He has been too raw for too long, he is 23, by now he should be entering full blown maturity technically football-wise.

He doesn’t need any move now. This is a player that scored 16 goals so far in 28 games and doesn’t respond well to criticism. You want to send a 23 year old black man to Real Madrid so his confidence level can depreciate if there are any lack of form? I want to see Osimehn play for one full season at Napoli uninterrupted I.e Injuries or illness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Basco baba,pls with this your comment,it seems you are very close to Osimehn to know his real behavior.

Sir,there was nothing disrespectful with Nigerians comments on Osimehn that warrant such responds from him.

Do you see any Azurri players saying anything despite barrages of criticisms they received after they failed to qualify for WC.

I wish the young man well but he can do better with his social networking cos he is a role model to the young ones.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

One Rocket is club in uyo.
Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Sir,if I have my way I would have suggested 70% players from football academies for our U20 and truly young ones from NPFL make up 30%...seriously,
not really important winning the U20 but Bosso should give us future eagles stars with good performance.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Pick genuinely young talented players and give them the platform to advance their careers.

Looking closely at the CM/AM options in this team.

These are the kind of things the technical committee of the NFF should prioritize.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
baba forget that thing many Italian pundit criticize osimehn on his weakness and he can't talk shit back to them, am sure he won't dare ask a Napoli fan to go ask his father for a question thrown to him online he will rather ignore it just to avoid troubles wink

Victor doesn't speak Italian so how will he know? U are just making up a fake scenario. If a Napoli fan tells him he is faking an injury in an insulting manner I guarantee his father gets talked about also.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
zuchyblink:
I laugh in Greek

Business as usual cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Victor doesn't speak Italian so how will he know? U are just making up a fake scenario. If a Napoli fan tells him he is faking an injury in an insulting manner I guarantee his father gets talked about also.
who is making up fake scenario here if not you what the guy asked him was about him having covid-19 or not and Victor asked him to go ask his father and not what you painted here to suit your narrative now ask your self will he tell same to an English speaking Italian wink

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Osimehn aside,how do you see Bosso team list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Basco baba,pls with this your comment,it seems you are very close to Osimehn to know his real behavior.

Sir,there was nothing disrespectful with Nigerians comments on Osimehn that warrant such responds from him.

Do you see any Azurri players saying anything despite barrages of criticisms they received after they failed to qualify for WC.
I wish the young man well but he can do better with his social networking cos he is a role model to the young ones.

Of course I don't know Osimhen personally. U are the one claiming to know his real behaviour if u are saying he will change his personality just because he is dealing with a Napoli fan.

Do u follow Azurri players online I certainly don't so how do I know. I have seen players in the EPL go back and forth with fans and pundits. I have seen athletes in different sports do the same. Victor won't be the first or the last.

Nobody is perfect, we all saw what Ronaldo did to that poor iPhone and he is still a great role model to have.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Of course I don't know Osimhen personally. U are the one claiming to know his real behaviour if u are saying he will change his personality just because he is dealing with a Napoli fan.

Do u follow Azurri players online I certainly don't so how do I know. I have seen players in the EPL go back and forth with fans and pundits. I have seen athletes in different sports do the same. Victor won't be the first or the last.

Nobody is perfect, we all saw what Ronaldo did to that poor iPhone and he is still a great role model to have.

Okay Sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
who is making up fake scenario here if not you what the guy asked him was about him having covid-19 or not and Victor asked him to go ask his father and not what you painted here to suit your narrative now ask your self will he tell same to an English speaking Italian wink

You were making a false scenario. How is Victor going to know what an Italian analyst said about him when he doesn't speak Italian? U saying he doesn't respond to Italian analyst is completely bogus.

What did I paint? Why wouldn't he do the same with an English speaking Italian? And if he did what will happen? Will "ask your father" suddenly turn into a racial slur or a hate speech?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
Odunayaw:
Does Haaland score long rangers?

And Osimhen isn't too right footed as you claim. The heat maps of his games say otherwise

Don't say that again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kog45:
Osimehn aside,how do you see Bosso team list.

Bosso and friends. He better win is all I will say.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Mr Basco, TBH I like Osimhen just like you even defending his tweets as well but rethinking all this, I have to agree that Osimhen is becoming quite uncouth and wild.

If I were to see him on the streets, I would be anxious about approaching him for fear of being disrespected. TBH Ikpeba didn't say anything wrong. I Know that Nigerians can be annoying without minding their business, but someone who has an uncouth behavior is equally as bad.

Honestly, there's nothing in this life that commands more respect than having self control and treating others with respect. Osimhen wasn't this loud online before his Napoli transfer. Money corrupts in a way. Take a look at Elon Musk, he wasn't this loud and silly on Twitter before his wealth skyrocketed in 2020.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

You were making a false scenario. How is Victor going to know what an Italian analyst said about him when he doesn't speak Italian? U saying he doesn't respond to Italian analyst is completely bogus.

What did I paint? Why wouldn't he do the same with an English speaking Italian? And if he did what will happen? Will "ask your father" suddenly turn into a racial slur or a hate speech?
I laugh you in Spanish be here forming osimehn spoke's man and if you think osimehn is though look at baloteli osimehn isn't half as rugged as balo but Italian made him cry with their actions osimehn knows his limit and for him not understanding Italian to get what they are talking about, you must think this is stone age where things are difficult to translate undecided undecided undecided, and I hope you will be cool when you ask question from someone on here and the person replied you by saying "go and ask your father" I will be here to defend that person wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Dessers got the first goal for feyenoord, hoping to see him in the final and next team list of the super Eagles wink

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
U see lookman na baller. Miles ahead of moses. (No sentiments )

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Calvin Bassey is mint

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I laugh you in Spanish be here forming osimehn spoke's man and if you think osimehn is though look at baloteli osimehn isn't half as rugged as balo but Italian made him cry with their actions osimehn knows his limit and for him not understanding Italian to get what they are talking about, you must think this is stone age where things are difficult to translate undecided undecided undecided, and I hope you will be cool when you ask question from someone on here and the person replied you by saying "go and ask your father" I will be here to defend that person wink

This is 2022, FIFA laws say the game can even be suspended so what are u talking about? Balotelli was raised by a loving white family and it hurt him that white people never accepted him. Now what does Osimhen have to do with that situation? Man was raised in the streets and u are talking about crying.

I am glad u know this is not the stone age, so u know he doesn't have to find translations for Italian programs when he can just watch Netflix, YouTube, etc on his phone or TV.

Bro anybody can type insults. I can either ignore or insult back either way I'm not tripping.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

This is 2022, FIFA laws say the game can even be suspended so what are u talking about? Balotelli was raised by a loving white family and it hurt him that white people never accepted him. Now what does Osimhen have to do with that situation? Man was raised in the streets and u are talking about crying.

I am glad u know this is not the stone age, so u know he doesn't have to find translations for Italian programs when he can just watch Netflix, YouTube, etc on his phone or TV.

Bro anybody can type insults. I can either ignore or insult back either way I'm not tripping.
yeah anybody can troll or trow insult and the best way is to ignore and make them look stupid that what we want osigoal to do, some trow insult just do drag you into unnecessary stuff cool cheesy cheesy cheesy and you that I know on here will most time ignore wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13089) (13090) (13091) (13092) (13093) (13094) (13095) ... (16500) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Marjoribanks, Truidstarr, Kingjite1, Kog45(m), elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.