Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,162 members, 7,896,953 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12133812 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13548) (13549) (13550) (13551) (13552) (13553) (13554) ... (16452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
@Bolded... I can tell you the one game responsible for this aberration. grin

De Bruyne vs Crystal Palace. The 4-2 game. Damn, my Guy Kevin "De Brains" was not in his elements that day. He misplaced close to 20 passes. Very unlike him.

And you are right... Passing accuracy does not reveal passing ability. This has been cleared.
I mean, CBs are always likely to statpad in this metric and hit 95% even. Doesn't make them better passers than their midfielders.

Laporte was Man city's top man last season in Passing accuracy but does thay make him a better passer than KDB or Rodri? TheGoodJoe will roast me if I dare think of yes. grin

So that's since settled.

On a flip note though...
One fact that still makes me go like wow... although I understand why, is this:

Toni Kroos has never gone below 90% passing accuracy in a single la liga season since he joined Madrid. Since 2014/15 season, I believe, that German genius be scoring 90+. German Efficiency.

Here is the reason why I call Laporte, Angel of Pass. Got some mad passing skills. Watch full to BelleFull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoIwe22huUU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oh come on... grin I have this clip in my Youtube Library FR.
Laporte is a high level CB naa. I mean in comparison with KDB or a Rodri. But especially KDB.

KDB is definitely the best ball passer in Man City and in the EPL. You agree don't you? wink

TheGoodJoe:

Here is the reason why I call Laporte, Angel of Pass. Got some mad passing skills. Watch full to BelleFull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoIwe22huUU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Oh come on... grin I have this clip in my Youtube Library FR.
Laporte is a high level CB naa. I mean in comparison with KDB or a Rodri. But especially KDB.

KDB is definitely the best ball passer in Man City and in the EPL. You agree don't you? wink

Rodri and KDB are just phenomenal. Much respected in the pass game. I am just saying the Laporte is a talented passer but these guys are just on another level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Meet Raphael Onyedika: Club Brugge's New Boy and CDM/CM pearl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGD102H879k
Just 2mins 40 secs of your time. wink

And below are a few Lineup options featuring Raphael Onyedika Nwadike in the near future as CDM considering that Ndidi is moved to CB. This is just 4 out of the many possibilities I've been considering and analysed personally. I could paste all in one post but 4 is allowed per post. Have your say, if you must. wink

only the 3rd formation which includes Moffi and Osimhen is good, the rest didn't give SE the desired results in AFCON and WC qualifiers...

SE has Osimhen, Sadiq, Moffi, Awoniyi, Dessers, Ihenacho, Victor Boniface, Yira Sor , Ejuke e.t.c.

at worse, 2 of those strikers must be in the starting 11.

at normal, 3 of those strikers must be in the starting 11..

SE needs goalscorers and assist providers on the pitch...

Moses Simon and Chukwueze should be benched or not invited...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ofcos Laporte is a fine ball passer. Anything "Man City" is high level. You guys are among the Elite clubs of Football today so of course!!!

'Was just making a point on Laporte, a CB, topping your team's Passing accuracy last season not being a true reflection of who Man City's Best Ball passer is.

And I'm glad you agree to that because Indeed, KDB and Rodri are phenomenal in the passing game.

TheGoodJoe:

Rodri and KDB are just phenomenal. Much respected in the pass game. I am just saying the Laporte is a talented passer but these guys are just on another level.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
@Bolded... I can tell you the one game responsible for this aberration. grin

De Bruyne vs Crystal Palace. The 4-2 game. Damn, my Guy Kevin "De Brains" was not in his elements that day. He misplaced close to 20 passes. Very unlike him.

And you are right... Passing accuracy does not reveal passing ability. This has been cleared.
I mean, CBs are always likely to statpad in this metric and hit 95% even. Doesn't make them better passers than their midfielders.

Laporte was Man city's top man last season in Passing accuracy but does thay make him a better passer than KDB or Rodri? TheGoodJoe will roast me if I dare think of yes. grin

So that's since settled.

On a flip note though...
One fact that still makes me go like wow... although I understand why, is this:

Toni Kroos has never gone below 90% passing accuracy in a single la liga season since he joined Madrid. Since 2014/15 season, I believe, that German genius be scoring 90+. German Efficiency.

De Bryune average passing accuracy per season is in the early-80s, so this season isn't far behind his highest in England.

Regarding Kroos passing accuracy.

Well both Kroos and Modric combined had the same number of through balls as Iwobi last season.

One played 28 games for 16th placed Everton, the other two played 56 games for title-winning Madrid.

So this explains why Kroos passing record is so clean. No risk, no loss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Actually, Citizen, KDB's average passing accuracy per season in the EPL is mostly in the 80s. Not 70s.

Perhaps you need to check that again.

Also, Iwobi only attempted 6 through ball passes last season in the EPL. Toni Kroos had 4 in La Liga. Modric had 11.

You sure we are on the same page here?

But yes ofcos... I already said I understand why but still... such consistency over a period of 8 la liga seasons (not counting the current one) is what makes me go Wow for the guy.

Toni Kroos gives a pretty high volume of no-risk passes (mostly sideway passes) yet he somehow manages to stay forward-thinking in his plays and Midfield conduction. Interesting midfield case.

TheLoneCitizen:

De Bryune average passing accuracy per season is in the 70s, so this season is so far his highest in England.

Regarding Kroos passing accuracy.

Well both Kroos and Modric combined had the same number of through balls as Iwobi last season.

One played 28 games for 16th placed Everton, the other two played 56 games for title-winning Madrid.

So this explains why Kroos passing record is so clean. No risk, no loss.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Actually, Citizen, KDB's average passing accuracy per season in the EPL is mostly in the 80s. Not 70s.

Perhaps you need to check that again.

Also, Iwobi only attempted 6 through ball passes last season in the EPL. Toni Kroos had 4 in La Liga. Modric had 11.

You sure we are on the same page here?

But yes ofcos... I already said I understand why but still... such consistency over a period of 8 la liga seasons (not counting the current one) is what makes me go Wow for the guy.

Toni Kroos gives a pretty high volume of no-risk passes (mostly sideway passes) yet he somehow manages to stay forward-thinking in his plays and Midfield conduction. Interesting midfield case.

Regarding Bruyne's passing accuracy, I corrected that immediately.

But for through balls, you are checking last two seasons numbers where Modric's numbers were 11.
Last season both Kroos and Luka had 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hmmm... yes, I can see you did. Wanted you to point it out to me yourself coz I quoted 70s. wink

And uhmm... I am using Squawka powered by Opta.

Modric's Through Ball attempts numbers in La Liga for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 are 7, 8 and 11 respectively.

Kroos in same time frame recorded 4, 8, and 4 respectively.

Iwobi's 9, 2 and 6 for 19/20, 20/21, 21/22 respectively.

TheLoneCitizen:

Regarding Bruyne's passing accuracy, I corrected that immediately.

But for through balls, you are checking last two seasons numbers where Modric's numbers were 11.
Last season both Kroos and Luka had 3.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Onyeka? Disrespect? I am here knocking Ndidi for his underpar ball-playing and bang average progressive plays and you bring up Frank Onyeka??

Come on now, Onyeka is Far Worse!! Lol

And I just put it out there... 3 at the back is a possibility I had to show as well because I already mentioned that I made so many analytical possibilities on formations and personnel based on the technical and tactical qualities of the players we have. I only just showed 4.

No Africa DM ball plays. Onyeka is box to box just like Yusuf. No coach will start Yusuf ahead of Onyeka. Onyeka will walk into that Royal Antwerp team. Facts!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Do you know who Alhassan Yusuf replaced at Antwerp? Just answer the question.

fabyom:
No Africa DM ball plays. Onyeka is box to box just like Yusuf. No coach will start Yusuf ahead of Onyeka. Onyeka will walk into that Royal Antwerp team. Facts!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
And on this @bolded... Please, have you heard of Ismael Bennacer?

fabyom:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Do you know who Alhassan Yusuf replaced at Antwerp? Just answer the question.

Tell me who did Alhassan yusuf replace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
Martin Hongla. Now at Hellas Verona. That guy is a tank like Onyeka but a better ball player than Onyeka. Lad is tough in duels.
I have watched him and still do. Very decent hardworker who compliments his brawn with fine confidence and ability on the ball.

Antwerp didn't replace the guy, size for size... they replaced him Brains, Brawn and workrate for Bigger Brains and Insane workrate.

Yusuf came in and cemented his place easily yet he is 1.75m and that guy is close to 1.83m, almost Onyeka's height and similar to Onyeka in size.

And oh.... forgot to add that he's Camerounian.

Philosopher1979:

Tell me who did Alhassan yusuf replace

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmm... yes, I can see you did. Wanted you to point it out to me yourself coz I quoted 70s. wink

And uhmm... I am using Squawka powered by Opta.

Modric's Through Ball attempts numbers in La Liga for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 are 7, 8 and 11 respectively.

Kroos in same time frame recorded 4, 4, and 4 respectively.

Iwobi's 9, 2 and 6 for 19/20, 20/21, 21/22 respectively.

Now I understand.

Squawka shows through balls attempted not accurate.

Modric had 3/11
Kroos 3/4
Iwobi 6/6
De Bryune 10/20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Yeah... squawka uses "attempted" not "completed".

But then, you said something about Modric's 11 being from 2 seasons before.

Just curious, Which Stats ref are you using for this particular discussion?

Meanwhile small correction... For Kroos his 2020/21 was 8 through balls attempted not 4.

TheLoneCitizen:

Now I understand.

Squawka shows through balls attempted not accurate.

Modric had 3/11
Kroos 3/4
Iwobi 6/6
De Bryune 10/20

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
And on this @bolded... Please, have you heard of Ismael Bennacer?

I meant Black African! Bennacer is good but his marking is not that great. That's why Milan uses double DM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Martin Hongla. Now at Hellas Verona. That guy is a tank like Onyeka but a better ball player than Onyeka. Lad is tough in duels.
I have watched him and still do. Very decent hardworker who compliments his brawn with fine confidence and ability on the ball.

Antwerp didn't replace the guy, size for size... they replaced him Brains, Brawn and workrate for Bigger Brains and Insane workrate.

Yusuf came in and cemented his place easily yet he is 1.75m and that guy is close to 1.83m, almost Onyeka's height and similar to Onyeka in size.

And oh.... forgot to add that he's Camerounian.

You saying Yusuf is better than Onyeka? Lol!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
With my full chest!!! Ofcos! Don't you watch football?? Loll

Passing - Yusuf trumps.
Ball-playing - Yusuf trumps.
Workrate - Both are similar.
Defensive actions - Both are similar.
Press-resistance - Yusuf trumps.

How is Yusuf not better? Abeg, this Onyeka talk is pure sentiments.

fabyom:
You saying Yusuf is better than Onyeka? Lol!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lol.... and he thinks I don't have a list. Have you heard of Mohamed Camara? He just moved to Monaco from Salzburg and had a really solid game vs PSG. Do you know him?

You didn't know Hongla you know? grin

How about Anguissa? Is he white? Lmaoooo

This your "No African DM Ball plays" is very untrue.

fabyom:
I meant Black African! Bennacer is good but his marking is not that great. That's why Milan uses double DM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Danielnino00:

It's looking like Awoniyi move there was a bad one.. They now have many forwards.. All 21 new players can't even make the matchday squad at the same time...
absolutely, they (club) don't have a definite direction, just signing every available player they could... honestly I feel really sad and fear for the future of awoniyi cuz relegation is inevitable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Emmy450:
absolutely, they (club) don't have a definite direction, just signing every available player they could... honestly I feel really sad and fear for the future of awoniyi cuz relegation is inevitable.

I don't think they would relegate. If you've watched their games you'll share same sentiment. Overall they play very well, a few more games are they are likely to start getting results; enough to keep them in the premier League
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
elyte89:
And someone here want us to believe haaland is just a lucky lad grin grin
grin someone even said if given the opportunity of halland he would score more like Whaaaat!!! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
Raphael Onyedika on the bench for his possible debut game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Onyedika subbed in for his debut 29 minute.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrflex999: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Emmy450:
Walai that club no get direction at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nathan Tella just win a pk

Cc thegoodjoe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
With my full chest!!! Ofcos! Don't you watch football?? Loll

Passing - Yusuf trumps.
Ball-playing - Yusuf trumps.
Workrate - Both are similar.
Defensive actions - Both are similar.
Press-resistance - Yusuf trumps.

How is Yusuf not better? Abeg, this Onyeka talk is pure sentiments.

Brentford won't sign a player who can't or does not do all those stuffs for a club record fees!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Lol.... and he thinks I don't have a list. Have you heard of Mohamed Camara? He just moved to Monaco from Salzburg and had a really solid game vs PSG. Do you know him?

You didn't know Hongla you know? grin

How about Anguissa? Is he white? Lmaoooo

This your "No African DM Ball plays" is very untrue.

How are those guys you listed better than Ndidi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EgusiShankly: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
fabyom:
Partey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
But Bundesliga no bad sha...

Their matches can be very interesting and tactical aswell

It is just that Bayern is to strong for everyone of them, the only thing the other teams can do is to try to continuously step up their game and make themselves tough to beat and in no time, there will be competition among teams.

It's not Bayern's fault Bundesliga isn't so competitive anyway.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
lovewins:

I don't think they would relegate. If you've watched their games you'll share same sentiment. Overall they play very well, a few more games are they are likely to start getting results; enough to keep them in the premier League
I hope so, for our players sake

(1) (2) (3) ... (13548) (13549) (13550) (13551) (13552) (13553) (13554) ... (16452) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.