Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,153 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12133125 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13550) (13551) (13552) (13553) (13554) (13555) (13556) ... (16452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2022
You asked....

Barryseal:
Is anyone keeping an eye on Balogun? The Arsenal guy on loan at Remis? Apparently, he's breaking records and doing Kylian Mbappe numbers in the French league. Is he still eligible for Nigeria?

Here is your answer....

TheSuperNerd:
Anglo-Nigerian, Folarin Balogun FT Stats for Reims today.

Angers 2-4 Reims

*Came off the bench on 64mins and shone brilliantly

Played 26mins+.
1 goal.
1 assist.
1 shot on target.
1 penalty won.
1 chance created.
1 big chance created.
20 touches.
6/6 accurate passes.
100% passing accuracy.
4/9 ground duels won.
1/3 successful dribbles.
6 recoveries.
2 fouls committed.
Was fouled thrice.

*Folarin takes his G+A tally to 4 goals, 1 assist in 5 league games (3 starts). LAD ON FIRE.

And yes... He is Eligible to play for Nigeria but needs a switch first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:27am On Sep 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Which records is he apparently breaking, sir?
He broke his club's 47yr old record. Scoring in consecutive games I think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

You asked....

Here is your answer....

And yes... He is Eligible to play for Nigeria but needs a switch first.
The guy will come good. He's a top talent, the highest rated player in Arsenal academy and from the looks of it, he's transitioning into a phenomenal striker in men's football.
Hopefully the Americans are blind to ignore him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

Lampard is getting the sack after this game.. cheesy cheesy
don’t think so, they’ll wait till shortly before or immediately after the WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2022
jihday:
don’t think so, they’ll wait till shortly before or immediately after the WC

Why would they do that? What if their form doesn't improve before then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
No my good man, it is very much in context with your reply.

You were stressing Ndidi's 81% passing accuracy in the opposition half after 5 EPL games as proof that he is an accomplished ball passer and I brought the breakdown to show you that it doesn't depict such. Simple. Ndidi's passing range is limited. That is the Truth.

Let me give you a quick summary of how the discussion evolved:

Ndidi recorded a high passing accuracy of 90%.
TheGoodJoe said "This was phenomenal",
TheLoneCitizen replied "Regular stats for any average defender against a good team".
Hatakekakashi replying TheLoneCitizen said "Exactly. Most of those passes are between him and his CB partner, that's why he has 90% pass accuracy

Following the discussion, and especially taking note of the reply given by Hatakekakashi, i decided to come in to give the notion that Ndidi has always recorded a high passing accuracy, whether played as a CD or DM. I went on to reveal stats regarding the accuracy of his passes in the opposition's half. This putting to rest the suggestion that the high accuracy of the passes he recorded in the last game might be as a result of an interchange of passes between him and his CB partner.

TheGoodJoe:

Who let the MONSTER out? This was phenomenal.

To the best of my knowledge, Ndidi started as a central defender. Maybe, he is being played off position.

TheLoneCitizen:

Those numbers aren't impressive, brother. Regular stats for any average defender against a good team.

If he got those as a DM, then they became eye-catching.

hatakekakashi:

Exactly. Most of those passes are between him and his CB patner, that's why he has 90% pass accuracy.

Meliforme:

Stats says otherwise. Ndidi has good numbers in accuracy of passes whether as a CD or DM.
It should interest you that Ndidi's percentage of accurate passes in the opposition's half is at 81% and that is astonishing for someone reputed as being a poor passer of the ball.

This was how you went out of context.
A good football analyst, knows that whenever percentage of accurate passes is mentioned, it is obviously short passes that is implicated except otherwise indicated as long pass, chipped pass etc. This is because short passing is basic. That is what was being discussed. Ndidi recorded a high passing accuracy. How you went ahead to add to what was not discussed surprised me. One of your additions included saying that i labelled Ndidi an accomplished ball passer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2022
from 99 problems of Ja606:

For all Rodgers' protests that he is being let down by the Srivaddhanaprabha family's reluctance to improve his squad, it is worth remembering that he has, since his arrival three-and-a-half years ago, spent more than £223 million in the service of that very cause.

Four players – Ayoze Perez, Dennis Praet, Patson Daka and Timothy Castagne – account for almost half that outlay. But for a critical match against United, Rodgers left all four of them on the bench, entrusting them with a combined total of six minutes’ game-time. So, does responsibility truly lie with the Thai benefactors' refusal to recruit players? Or is this more a question of Rodgers' inability to develop them?

My take from the Brendan Rodgers and management war has to do with the club deciding to control the buying of players. I think Rodgers has his ideas and over the years, the club is not supporting him.

I think for the best of the team, Leicester City should be working on a replacement for Rodgers and this time prepare to allow the manager pick his team. This promotes harmony between the working staff and club management.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
from 99 problems of Ja606:

For all Rodgers' protests that he is being let down by the Srivaddhanaprabha family's reluctance to improve his squad, it is worth remembering that he has, since his arrival three-and-a-half years ago, spent more than £223 million in the service of that very cause.

Four players – Ayoze Perez, Dennis Praet, Patson Daka and Timothy Castagne – account for almost half that outlay. But for a critical match against United, Rodgers left all four of them on the bench, entrusting them with a combined total of six minutes’ game-time. So, does responsibility truly lie with the Thai benefactors' refusal to recruit players? Or is this more a question of Rodgers' inability to develop them?

My take from the Brendan Rodgers and management war has to do with the club deciding to control the buying of players. I think Rodgers has his ideas and over the years, the club is not supporting him.

I think for the best of the team, Leicester City should be working on a replacement for Rodgers and this time prepare to allow the manager pick his team. This promotes harmony between the working staff and club management.
This is the same excuse he gave while at Liverpool... He signed a lot of players but still complained that the board didnt get him the players he wanted... Now the same thing at Leicester.. Mind you, Klopp took over from him with thr same board still in charge and he got them to sign most of the players he wanted..
Maybe,just maybe, Rodgers is the spineless type...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

This is the same excuse he gave while at Liverpool... He signed a lot of players but still complained that the board didnt get him the players he wanted... Now the same thing at Leicester.. Mind you, Klopp took over from him with thr same board still in charge and he got them to sign most of the players he wanted..
Maybe,just maybe, Rodgers is the spineless type...

I do not believe a coach will lavish over 200 million pounds on players and keep them on the bench. A brief insight is Iheanacho's situation. It is clear Rodgers does not want Iheanacho in his team. Rodgers has made it clear as daylight. The fans know. However, Iheanacho ended up with a new contract. I do not think such behavior is harmonious for growth.

I think people like Rodgers can get the board to do what they want and Rodgers is still growing in rep to influence that. However, his next contract should see him looking at pointing out that he wants control of the signing of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I do not believe a coach will lavish over 200 million pounds on players and keep them on the bench. A brief insight is Iheanacho's situation. It is clear Rodgers does not want Iheanacho in his team. Rodgers has made it clear as daylight. The fans know. However, Iheanacho ended up with a new contract. I do not think such behavior is harmonious for growth.

I think people like Rodgers can get the board to do what they want and Rodgers is still growing in rep to influence that. However, his next contract should see him looking at pointing out that he wants control of the signing of players.

You just buttressed my point... The man is spineless.. he can't get the board to do what he wants ..
Look at Conte and how he openly criticized Spur's lack of quality players last season..This season,he has gotten some players he need...
Klopp also spoke out against our lack of midfield signing a few days back and we got Arthur on loan..
Rodgers only spoke out on the eve of the transfer deadline...where was his voice all these while?
If he suspected that the board's action was setting him up for failure,he shoulf have resigned..plenty of mid table European teams would be willing to hire him....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
[url][/url]
TheGoodJoe:

Talking about Iheanacho, he knew beforehand that Rodgers didn't really fancy him,but he still went ahead and signed a new contract with no guarantee of playing time....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2022
Meliforme:

Let me give you a quick summary of how the discussion evolved:

Ndidi recorded a high passing accuracy of 90%.
TheGoodJoe said "This was phenomenal",
TheLoneCitizen replied "Regular stats for any average defender against a good team".
Hatakekakashi replying TheLoneCitizen said "Exactly. Most of those passes are between him and his CB partner, that's why he has 90% pass accuracy

Following the discussion, and especially taking note of the reply given by Hatakekakashi, i decided to come in to give the notion that Ndidi has always recorded a high passing accuracy, whether played as a CD or DM. I went on to reveal stats regarding the accuracy of his passes in the opposition's half. This putting to rest the suggestion that the high accuracy of the passes he recorded in the last game might be as a result of an interchange of passes between him and his CB partner.

This was how you went out of context.
A good football analyst, knows that whenever percentage of accurate passes is mentioned, it is obviously short passes that is implicated except otherwise indicated as long pass, chipped pass etc. This is because short passing is basic. That is what was being discussed. Ndidi recorded a high passing accuracy. How you went ahead to add to what was not discussed surprised me. One of your additions included saying that i labelled Ndidi an accomplished ball passer.

Nope... you are cutting a part out of this. You are not being entirely honest. cool

Why did you leave out this part below in bold and seen clearly in your post below?

You added this...
"...and that is astonishing for someone reputed as being a poor passer of the ball"

Why did you have to add that line if indeed you were not trying to subtly talk up Ndidi's passing ability using passing accuracy in the opposition half?

You think you are so sly in this but my good man, I practically invented the word, "Sly". grin

The point of my posts were to address that line which you so slyly left out in your whole post of shalaye grin above.

And please.... no, you are again not being truthful.
Any good analyst knows that when passing accuracy is mentioned, it actually includes all kinds of passes. Be it the Long Pass, short pass, chipped pass etc. Passing accuracy covers all. It is just for details' sake that we now break them down to know how many short, long, right-side, left-side, Backward, forward, Sideway or chipped passes are being delivered per player.

So your interpretation of Passing accuracy is VERY MISINFORMED, My dear Meliforme. wink Very Very Misinformed. It is NOT just about Short passes Basically.

And yes, you were subtly implying that Ndidi is an accomplished ball passer with That same line. Your subtle mockery of the truth of Ndidi being a poor ball passer was directly implying that it is false while also subtly establishing that Ndidi is actually very good in the passing game.
You even used the word, "ASTONISHING". Na wa Meliforme. Na wa grin

My Man, this is so simple... no need for this drag. Your line below is the reason for my response and it was indeed very much in context. Never go sly with a sly master. grin

Meliforme:

Stats says otherwise. Ndidi has good numbers in accuracy of passes whether as a CD or DM.
It should interest you that Ndidi's percentage of accurate passes in the opposition's half is at 81% and that is astonishing for someone reputed as being a poor passer of the ball.

Now it's time to watch Iwobi...... Cheers. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I don't think Iheanacho may be able to start at a Leicester level team even if he leaves Leicester. His problem is a bit like Nwakali. Both are very talented but coaches are not satisfied with their work rate.

If you think I'm wrong, first look at the kind of clubs that have asked for him. Fernabache and co.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
Balogun Folarin is a true and proud Naija boy but won't play for us! He will play for the United States. Facts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
I guess you may end up being right. He is eligible for them too. Lad is American-born, English-bred, Naija blood. 3 nationalities. Na wa. embarassed

fabyom:
Balogun Folarin is a true and proud Naija boy but won't play for us! He will play for the United States. Facts!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
fabyom:
US SOCCER is a far easier competition than the FA as long as it on the men's side. We capped Bright Dike when he was at Toronto FC.

The only problem is that they are not passive than England. We are at a level playing ground so they try to poach the players first. Missing the World Cup however, is our major disadvantage currently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
EPL Banter

Chaaiiii... this one enter. grin

Stray bullets hitting SPECIFIC targets.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
Transfer News: Dapo Mebude to Belgium

Scottish-Nigerian, he is. Yet to make his Senior Scotland debut. Might be soon.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

Why would they do that? What if their form doesn't improve before then?
they’ll want to give him time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I don't think Iheanacho may be able to start at a Leicester level team even if he leaves Leicester. His problem is a bit like Nwakali. Both are very talented but coaches are not satisfied with their work rate.

If you think I'm wrong, first look at the kind of clubs that have asked for him. Fernabache and co.

Clubs respond to the level of faith a manager has in the player. If clubs wanted Iheanacho when he was working with Pelegrini, the kind of clubs that would have come for him would have been high. I do not think it has to do with hard work off the field or work rate on the field.

If Rodgers gives Iheanacho a run of games, he would perform. Unfortunately, Rodgers does not like Iheanacho. Rodgers works a lot with sentiments, and not quality.

So Iheanacho needs to move to a place he will get a run of games to show his quality, before thinking of a leap to a big club. He has the quality. He just needs to show the goods consistently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2022
fabyom:
why are you this convince that he won't play for us??,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2022
Danielnino00:
[url][/url]

Talking about Iheanacho, he knew beforehand that Rodgers didn't really fancy him,but he still went ahead and signed a new contract with no guarantee of playing time....

That also has to do with his advisers and managers. I think they are just using Iheanacho to cash out. I hope Iheanacho stops feeling satisfied with just a paycheck and move to make an impact with his talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2022
Iwobi never passes back innit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
Forward-thinking Monster. Always looking to thread that forward pass through and he got timing. Near perfect timed release of those passes.

And you never got to answer my question. That's fine... I can see you deliberately dodged it. grin

TheLoneCitizen:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Josh Maja starts, as usual, for Girondins De Bordeaux vs Paris FC away in Ligue 2 Matchday 7.

Game on in 19mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2022
Once I saw Gana Gueye on the touchline, I knew it was Tom Davies coming out. Onana has been a warrior all game so far. Iwobi has been "his usual" cruise control self. Just had to be Davies.

Iwobi-Onana-Gueye midfield. Hmmm... won't be surprised if this becomes Everton's starting midfield 3 after a few more games.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Was he the one who set up that last counter attack?

Goal for Everton.
Modified: Offside embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
Merseyside is Blueeeeeee!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
Damn... forgot about the Li VAR pool embarassed

TheSuperNerd:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Lol. Cancelled.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol. Cancelled.

No remind me naa embarassed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
Aribo starts

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13550) (13551) (13552) (13553) (13554) (13555) (13556) ... (16452) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.