Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,616 members, 7,975,389 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 02:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12585051 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13563) (13564) (13565) (13566) (13567) (13568) (13569) ... (16802) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:

Also the same way bassey was talked about here when he wasn’t even a regular at rangers but today he has made a name for himself in Scottish football and moved to ajax

You get another name wey I been hype mk u mention am cheesy

Atleast few wey I carry their matter for head here since I join this thread are doing well and playing in better leagues and clubs after just few years of notice

What about James Igbekeme that was also in the Segunda division at that time? You hyped him well here..Andrew can testify to that...How far with him?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Point of correction! That was not our worst AFCON in history. We came fourth in 2008 without 2 red cards.
The last 2 AFCONs that we won were pure luck. The one in Cameroon and the last one in Ghana. In the one in Ghana, we beat Cameroon and South Africa on penalties after playing two soulless non-scoring draws.
We played some of the worst football in our history.
The Ivorians even stopped us from participating in the last Olympics.

This guy took over last year. Defeated a solid Ivory coast and Ghana team with a team made up of 80 % new players to qualify for AFCON.
At AFCON, his team forced the host to penalties with nine women.
The Morrocan stood no chance even with 10 women.
Forced Canada to a draw. Played the United States game for game with almost 6 starters missing.
The man is building a formidable team. Give him time!
Danielnino00:

After over two years and playing over 20 games together with the girls, the man doesn't even know his best starting eleven.. And he keep using players out of their main position.. preferring to use makeshifts...

Very good coach my ass... The man is a part time coach who coaches a college team... Lead us to our worst WAFCON performance in history!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
Omanambala:

My comment were never to cause pain , rather to state my observations, shikena.

I still maintain my stance on Aribo and Iwobi. Both are very minimally talented or below average. They are seeing playing time because of their Englishmen status.

If the like let them crucify Nwakali it would still not change my assessments. I don't even watch SE matches anymore and I have peace. Have a great day
oh now it's both of e'm having having Englishmen status right? iwobi and aribo below average but nwakali is class? Wonderment!!!. I don't blame you I really don't angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ppogbae:
Osimhen good to go for the Liverpool Clash! Full strength Napoli squad!
good,, I want vigil vandyk to feel the heat from osimehn

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
fabyom:
Point of correction! That was not our worst AFCON in history. We came fourth in 2008 without 2 red cards.
The last 2 AFCONs that we won was pure luck. The one in Cameroon and the last one in Ghana. In the one in Ghana, we beat Cameroon and South Africa on penalties after playing two soulless non-scoring draws.
We played some of the worst football in our history.
The Ivorians even stopped us from participating in the last Olympics.

This guy took over last year. Defeated a solid Ivory coast and Ghana team with a team made up of 80 % new players to qualify for AFCON.
At AFCON, his team forced the host to penalties with nine women.
The Morrocan stood no chance even with 10 women.
Forced Canada to a draw. Played the United States game for game with almost 6 starters missing.
The man is building a formidable team. Give him time!

You need to get your facts right before making arguments..
First of all, we didn't finish fourth at the 2008 edition of the WAFCON..we finished third..2012 was the last time we finished fourth..
Secondly, we might have won the 2018 WAFCON by luck because we played poorly,but don't forget that before the WAFCON, the NFF abandoned the girls for over a year after their 2016 WAFCON victory because of the sit in protest they had... they were inactive for that long and there was little magic they could perform because other countries had improved too.. The 2016 edition you mentioned wasn't won by luck...we won our group comfortably and beat the host Cameroon in the final...
Thirdly, Randy didn't take over last year .He was appointed in 2020 and has overseen more than 20 games since that time.. No coach in the history of the super has enjoyed much support like he has .. Drawing with Canada doesn't mean anything..we have beaten Canada before...
And finally, the man isn't building any formidable team .Instead he is sabotaging the team.. I don't think you're in touch with things happening in the team cus it's been alleged that he doesn't work in hand with his Nigerian assistants nor take inputs from them..only his American assistant . Plus ,some players have spoken out against his methods openly.. Ashleigh Plumptree spoke out after our first game at the WAFCON..Ngozi Okobi also spoke out in a recent interview she gave...That isn't team building at all..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
maidaboi:
and was rightly so at that time
was never so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:

Also the same way bassey was talked about here when he wasn’t even a regular at rangers but today he has made a name for himself in Scottish football and moved to ajax

You get another name wey I been hype mk u mention am cheesy

Atleast few wey I carry their matter for head here since I join this thread are doing well and playing in better leagues and clubs after just few years of notice

Not just only Bassey, Aribo lookman, Maja before joking bordoux , And some other Komekn bois who are yet to join the big leagues you,

worst still there is Omerou, and James Igbekeme

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
do4luv14:

Not just only Bassey, Aribo lookman, Maja before joking bordoux , And some other Komekn bois who are yet to join the big leagues you,

worst still there is Omerou, and James Igbekeme

So you self remember James Igbekeme cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Danielnino00:

they told us he’s zidane and makalele’s love child grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
jihday:
they told us he’s zidane and makalele’s love child grin
If I remember correctly, he was being mentioned as some sort of competition to Nwakali in the same Segunda division
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
BannedLarge:

If our Epl players are deemed below average then what will a segunda player b deemed?

Why are you telling me about Segunda? Everything is not black and white. There are some players in Segunda more talented than players in Laliga.

I am saying Iwobi and Aribo are at best very basic. The hype is laughable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I kind of agree with the bolded but like Charlemagne the god normally says, u can't offend someone and tell them how to respond. If we really care we should nip the situation in the bud before it gets to that level.

I think we all need to understand that we don't have to see things the same way. It is ok to have different opinions. In fact that is what keeps sports going. If we all agreed with each other on everything this thread would be dead by now

Charles has no self respect. He behaves like an overfed spoiled little child who never go proper ass whooping.

By the way , a you man like Charles shouldn't be obese..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
Emmy450:
oh now it's both of e'm having having Englishmen status right? iwobi and aribo below average but nwakali is class? Wonderment!!!. I don't blame you I really don't angry

You guys drive me crazy with these redundant Nwakali talks. Why are you telling me about Nwakali now, if I did not compare him to the aforementioned players.

This is purely avoidance of duty to own up to the fact Aribo and Iwobi are very basic and will not add any quality to SE. Abeg , free me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
Danielnino00:

Igbekeme that year. No matter how talented a player is sometimes you may not make it to the top. It's just life
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Big day for Bassey as he starts his first UCL match.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
Omanambala:

Charles has no self respect. He behaves like an overfed spoiled little child who never go proper ass whooping.

By the way , a you man like Charles shouldn't be obese..
onye guff cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
Calvin Bassey, The Beast of Amsterdam getting into game mood through Channelled meditation.

Link here:
https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1567548575122423808?t=oOPMxhfJ7MK16YamfYq-lQ&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Official : CF Montreal loan out Nigerian striker to Belgian Pro League club
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=44739
Another one in Belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
Danielnino00:

What about James Igbekeme that was also in the Segunda division at that time? You hyped him well here..Andrew can testify to that...How far with him?

My guy hype am ,but as e see say the guy no upgrade e Japa grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fotosify: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bassey is a BOMB!

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Moffi with a goal against Lyon

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

My guy hype am ,but as e see say the guy no upgrade e Japa grin
him moving from Portuguese 3rd tier to Spanish 2nd tier side zaragoza caught my attention then, even he was decent then but I wait tire mk em do better gain interest from laliga mid table sides e no work I kuku comot body

Next wey I hear abt him be say em don go mls I kuku delete am from my head cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Omanambala:

You guys drive me crazy with these redundant Nwakali talks. Why are you telling me about Nwakali now, if I did not compare him to the aforementioned players.

This is purely avoidance of duty to own up to the fact Aribo and Iwobi are very basic and will not add any quality to SE. Abeg , free me
and nwakali is world class and the best thing to happen to humanity after bread n butter but still stuck in the Spanish 2nd tier cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
Osimhen and oyendika both start for napoli and club brugges respectively

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
Moffi is smoking hot this season ooo. Scored against Lyon few minutes ago and already has 4 goals this season

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
damagnificentusb:
Osimhen and oyendika both start for napoli and club brugges respectively
you see am! Small onyedika on the verge of making his ucl debut but many here no go allow us hear word cos of nwakali cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Moffi is smoking hot this season ooo. Scored against Lyon few minutes ago and already has 4 goals this season

Seriously making a case for a spot in the Super Eagles. He could just have cemented his place as no 2 in Jose Peisero's pecking order after Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Fotosify:
Bassey is a BOMB!
that’s what am talking about grin

Highest I give him 2 seasons in Amsterdam and the big boys in European football will come calling

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
lovewins:

Seriously making a case for a spot in the Super Eagles. He could just have cemented his place as no 2 in Jose Peisero's pecking order after Osimhen
based on current form osimhen,sadiq and moffi are super eagles top 3 strikers for jpes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmobi(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
based on current form osimhen,sadiq and moffi are super eagles top 3 strikers for jpes
Like play play Onuachu don comot from the list..
Less than a year ago, most people rated him highest of all our strikers except Osimhen...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
Calvin bassey recorded 142 accurate passes against his former club rangers

Boy is a hell of a baller!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13563) (13564) (13565) (13566) (13567) (13568) (13569) ... (16802) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.