Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12020043 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13691) (13692) (13693) (13694) (13695) (13696) (13697) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
cheesy
Blueelf:

Basketballer wey no fit score header. That one na Abia warriors basketball team captain na

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
And how many goals did he get before the injury?
komekn:

It's not tenable, he had already been played for an inconsequential 5 years across Europe.

Ends up in the Segundo division and does very well, is it because the league is poor and he has found relevance in this poor quality league. Or is there true progression, l really don't know.

He is in the much better La Liga, a much better test of his supposed ability, only time will tell.

Unfortunately, he is injured it's an ACL horrific injury pray he gets well soonest .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
BannedLarge:

To play for Liverpool as their main striker except he is going there as a backup. Napoli is actually a good team that osimehn needs to conquer before going to the next level. Osimehn hasn’t even scored 20 goals a season yet and a wrong move can possibly destabilize a player career I.e (Sanchez alexis)

Sanchez was 32!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tolu Arokodare wins a penalty that helps draw Amiens level in a Ligue 2 game vs Dijon. 63mins gone.

Tolu has won 2 penalties this season already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Utonwanne:

Sanchez was 32!
He was 30 when he left for Man Utd. I guess that was the wrong move he was talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
He is ready to lead the Liverpool attack lines. Truth is he will have Joy in the EPL playing for a side like Liverpool.

And a fit Osimhen is definitely capable of hitting 20 goals in a league season.

You must understand that since 2019/20, factors have prevented him hitting 20 per season.

In 2019/20, he was on 13 league goals with 10 games left to play and the league was stopped due to Covid. It never resumed.

In 2020/21, his first season at Napoli, he finished with 10 league goals. Injuries kept him out of action for slightly over 2 months or so combined.

In 2021/22, again injuries struck and he missed nearly 2 months of action but he finished with 14 league goals.

Now again, he's already on 2 league goals in his first 5 league games. Injuries struck again.

A Stably fit Osimhen will bag 20 easily. That's the truth.

Story story story. Yes, I believe that a fit Osimehn is capable of scoring 20 goals but let him do it first then he can think of transferring to a marquee club. The wrong move can totally destroy a player career

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tell me one time even a fit Morata registered 20 league goals for any side. Just tell me one.

I doubt you would find one yet Morata has featured for most marquee clubs (Real Madrid, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Juventus).

Now... You just read facts and called it story, story, story.

But since you believe and know what a fit Osimhen can do... then that settles this discussion.

The wrong move would have been Osimhen moving to Man Utd this summer like some Shameless Man U fans in here wanted but thanks goodness that didn't happen.

Next Summer, Osimhen will likely get his big move after having another strong season in the Serie A under his belt. Maybe Man U will be a better place by then... time will tell. Other options also exist. Next Summer will tell it all.

So chill out with your "wrong move-destroy career" talks. He's been at Napoli for 3 seasons now including this current one. You make it sound like he's been on the move every other season.

BannedLarge:

Story story story. Yes, I believe that a fit Osimehn is capable of scoring 20 goals but let him do it first then he can think of transferring to a marquee club. The wrong move can totally destroy a player career

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
Chidozie Awaziem came up clutch again today for his club. A last minute winner in the deepest period of added time alongside another fine defensive performance. Details later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Tell me one time even a fit Morata registered 20 league goals for any side. Just tell me one.

I doubt you would find one yet Morata has featured for most marquee clubs (Real Madrid, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Juventus).

But since you believe and know what a fit Osimhen can do... then that settles this discussion.

The wrong move would have been Osimhen moving to Man Utd this summer like some Shameless Man U fans in here wanted but thanks goodness that didn't happen.

Next Summer, Osimhen will likely get his big move after having another strong season in the Serie A under his belt. Maybe Man U will be a better place by then... time will tell. Other options also exist. Next Summer will tell it all.

So chill out with your "wrong move-destroy career" talks. He's been at Napoli for 3 seasons now including this current one. You make it sound like he's been on the move every other season.

must Osimhen move

Napoli is on an upward trajectory, they are thrashing the "marquee" clubs and will compete in UEFA competitions every season.

Osimhen needs to learn to take care of himself more and stop getting injured, If he needs to change his diet then he should change it and if he needs to rest more to prevent muscle tears then he should..

same thing goes for all Nigerian players, they should reduce whatever causing them to weaken their muscles and the Nigerian coaches should also help them by not calling them up for International matches...

Amoo, Sadiq, Tijani all have ACL injuries and Osimhen almost got an ACL injury but he was wise enough to stop running around and just lay on the pitch...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Raphael Onyedika have had a very bright game individually but his side is being knocked for 2.

Club Brugge losing 2-0 as at 90mins. Added time on now. Game to be over soonest.

Onyedika FT Stats details later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Maybe you should consult the context under which "Arguably" should be used.

Only Idiots will tell me Bellingham is in the argumentative conversation of Best MF on the planet.

Pseudointellectual club of jokers. Lol

The Idiocy of the Kom-Minion FC. Always defending their dumb master.

The word "arguably" has contextualize his whole assertion as self-birthed and as an opinion,

Jude is arguably the best midfielders in the whole world is different from Jude is best midfielder in the whole world; the phrase "arguably" has put it in a place of an opinion subject to an argument or criticism

N.B I know you're you're reputed for insult,backlashing and using of gutter words if you wanna quote me try and reasonable enough

T for thanks

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sergio Ramos' 28th Career Red Card grin

Football Heritage indeed. What a Guy. Only his 2nd at PSG too.

Awwwwn.. dude has missed being sent off.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
The post you quoted, replied you already by default in bold.

You don't even understand the dictionary reference you make.

Have a nice evening, attention seeker Astrid, One of Kom-minion FC's benchwarmers.

TheSuperNerd:

Only Idiots will tell me Bellingham is in the argumentative conversation of Best MF on the planet.

Pseudointellectual club of jokers. Lol

Astrid4:

The word "arguably" has contextualize his whole assertion as self-birthed and as an opinion,
Jude is arguably the best midfielders in the whole world is different from Jude is best midfielder in the whole world; the phrase "arguably" has put it in a place of an opinion subject to an argument or criticism.N.B I know you're you're reputed for insult,backlashing and using of gutter words if you wanna quote me try and reasonable enough.T for thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Chidozie Awaziem came up clutch again today for his club. A last minute winner in the deepest period of added time alongside another fine defensive performance. Details later.

I,just like many others here we're disappointed in him moving go Croatia, but his performance so far has been awesome...Some "lion in a small league" thingy.... I wonder if Komekn would acknowledge that in the future or disregard it with his "for context, the Scottish league is rated on the same level as the English league one....bla bla...."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
codemaniacs:

must Osimhen move

Napoli is on an upward trajectory, they are thrashing the "marquee" clubs and will compete in UEFA competitions every season.

Osimhen needs to learn to take care of himself more and stop getting injured, If he needs to change his diet then he should change it and if he needs to rest more to prevent muscle tears then he should..

same thing goes for all Nigerian players, they should reduce whatever causing them to weaken their muscles and the Nigerian coaches should also help them by not calling them up for International matches...

Amoo, Sadiq, Tijani all have ACL injuries and Osimhen almost got an ACL injury but he was wise enough to stop running around and just lay on the pitch...
upward trajectory cus they won off form liverpool and Ajax team?

No be the same Napoli wey go Bleep up drop to 4th position for serie A like 5 weeks to the end of the season?

Na so una eye go Dey deceive una once mediocre clubs start to perform wen season start. The same story with leicester few seasons ago when all thought they would finish in top 4 and for that reason advised ndidi not to leave for man united or arsenal

If the likes of liverpool, man united,arsenal,psg,ATM, Madrid,Bayern even inter and juve show genuine interest in osimhen he should leave Naples ASAP next summer

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

I, just like many others here we're disappointed in him moving go Croatia, but his performance so far has been awesome...Some "lion in a small league" thingy.... I wonder if Komekn would acknowledge that in the future or disregard it with his "for context, the Scottish league is rated on the same level as the English league one....bla bla...."

Including me Dan. I was very disappointed I won't lie and I showed it here on this thread. I can still remember my words on his move. Damn, I felt he could do better than Croatia.... and I still do.

But I agree with you. He has dropped quite some wonderful showings at Hajduk Split this season.

Awaziem is akin to an Enigma, somewhat.

As for that Scam Theory, "Lion in a small league, mouse in a big league..." whatever, you already know how it goes on Kom-minions' Twisted Boulevard.

It would not apply obviously because the author of the Scam theory won't allow it apply. He will just turn the blind eye.... or even worse... he will Super glue his eyes on this like seen below.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

I,just like many others here we're disappointed in him moving go Croatia, but his performance so far has been awesome...Some "lion in a small league" thingy.... I wonder if Komekn would acknowledge that in the future or disregard it with his "for context, the Scottish league is rated on the same level as the English league one....bla bla...."
performing in lowly rated Croatian league doesn’t mean em don arrive

Awaziem by now suppose to dey play for atleast the French ligue 1, bundesliga or even Belgian top flight

Even playing for any of the Scottish giants Celtic or rangers will be far better than in hadjuk at this stage of his career in europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Unfortunately, just like in cooperate america, a white player can fail multiple times and still be given opportunities but if a black man fail once, he might be done. The guy is still a young player that will have time to play for a big club. For now, let him give us 20 to 25 goals

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

am still disappointed till date cheesy

The move still Dey vex me. Even a move to slavia prague for dey better to me self cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

Croatia is a Backwater league sorry I don’t even rate backwater leagues

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
BannedLarge:

Croatia is a Backwater league sorry I don’t even rate backwater leagues
I swear bro. If awaziem no shine for Croatian league where for europe em wan shine again?

Na em be say em go move to Iraqi or Indian league na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Na only here I dey see many rate players in obscure league more than those making a name for themselves in top leagues in europe cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
BannedLarge:

Unfortunately, just like in cooperate america, a white player can fail multiple times and still be given opportunities but if a black man fail once, he might be done. The guy is still a young player that will have time to play for a big club. For now, let him give us 20 to 25 goals

This is not corporate America, Man. This is Football.

Now, tell us one time George Weah himself dropped 20 league goals in one season before or after he won the Ballon D'or.
Infact, tell us he dropped a 20-goals season overall (not league alone ooo) in his 1995 Ballon D'or year.

Talk. I dey wait.... grin

And oh... he was a black man by the way.

Hehehehehehehe... Checkmate-in-waiting. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
I swear bro. If awaziem no shine for Croatian league where for europe em wan shine again?

Na em be say em go move to Iraqi or Indian league na cheesy
or Kuwait cheesy cheesy

To be honest, I was disappointed with the move too. This is someone starting for Nantes a couple of years back when he was on loan at from Porto.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
mostob:
or Kuwait cheesy cheesy

To be honest, I was disappointed with the move too. This is someone starting for Nantes a couple of years back when he was on loan at from Porto.
if em like mk em score 1000 goals there I won’t be moved at all cheesy

Na young players outta Africa dey start for leagues like the Croatian as a headway to mainstream European leagues not agbaya wey no fit make the cut for turkey,Spain,France and Portuguese leagues

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omo....this one don pass juju o cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
if em like mk em score 1000 goals there I won’t be moved at all cheesy

Na young players outta Africa dey start for leagues like the Croatian as a headway to mainstream European leagues not agbaya wey no fit make the cut for turkey,Spain,France and Portuguese leagues
Maybe his agent didn't do his work properly.

He should go employ Choupou-Moting's agent. He will get better club.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
cheesy
mostob:
Maybe his agent didn't do his work properly.

He should go employ Choupou-Moting's agent. He will get better club.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

This is not corporate America, Man. This is Football.

Now, tell us one time George Weah himself dropped 20 league goals in one season before or after he won the Ballon D'or.
Infact, tell us he dropped a 20-goals season overall (not league alone ooo) in his 1995 Ballon D'or year.

Talk. I dey wait.... grin

And oh... he was a black man by the way.

Hehehehehehehe... Checkmate-in-waiting. grin

Look at this CRIMINAL trying to change my words. I said “20 goals a season” and not 20 league goals. More so, I hope the Criminal isn’t trying to compare Osimehn to weah? I remember how the begging agent was saying Osimehn is better than Haaland until haaland made him drink shit. Anyway, osimehn has the potential to be a World class striker but, he needs to refine his game and score 20 goals for Napoli before aspiring to sign for Marquee clubs. Marquee clubs aren’t patient with Black players and if you no perform, dem go Finish you. Now, go and beg for a New Jersey Nnama

George weah: 1991/92 stats
Total 91/92: 47 23 8 2

23 goals in all competitions for Monaco then he transferred to Milan. Also, the 1990’s was more difficult to score than presently

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
BannedLarge:

Look at this CRIMINAL trying to change my words. I said “20 goals a season” and not 20 league goals. More so, I hope the Criminal isn’t trying to compare Osimehn to weah? I remember how the begging agent was saying Osimehn is better than Haaland until haaland made him drink shit. Anyway, osimehn has the potential to be a World class striker but, he needs to refine his game and score 20 goals for Napoli before aspiring to sign for Marquee clubs. Marquee clubs aren’t patience with Black players and if you no perform, dem go Finish you. Now, go and beg for a New Jersey Nnama

This is how you know you have someone checkmated. grin

He begins to rant and blab more nonsense (e.g. Twisting a simple Osimhen is more well rounded than Haaland to Osimhen is better than Haaland. Lol... Just nonsense twists to digress).

Just see how you went off-tangent really quick. Lmaoooo.

Truth is when you are schooled with facts, your reaction is always acerbic and predictably unintelligent so much that you drop lies laced with yoghurt of fallacies like every other baby Analyst I school.

This is Checkmate, Man. You did yourself in.

Enjoy the evening. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Did I just see 1990s more difficult to score grin

what a joke grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Na only here I dey see many rate players in obscure league more than those making a name for themselves in top leagues in europe cheesy
No de stir wetin no de abeg

Awaziem having a good season is not hype. Reporting him is not "rating" like you are saying.

Fair reportage of Nigerian players is what is done in this thread. No come waste Nairaland pages with unnecessary agenda

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13691) (13692) (13693) (13694) (13695) (13696) (13697) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, TradingGod and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.