Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019924 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13692) (13693) (13694) (13695) (13696) (13697) (13698) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
And you clearly knew I was referring to league goals when I dropped Osimhen's goals Stats from 2019/20 till 2021/22. Your reply didn't even try to say I was speaking off-point.

But then... since you say goals across all competitions in a season and not just league goals... then you again just shot yourself in the foot.... grin

You should know this....

OSIMHEN SCORED 20 GOALS IN BELGIUM AS A 19-20 year old in the 2018/19 season.

That alone renders your point as already dead, null and void on arrival.

P.S:
And those George Weah Stats are not for his 1995 Ballon D'or year, Sir. Go back and do a proper homework.

Besides... I clearly asked you to show me where Weah bagged 20 league goals in any season at all. Fact is he never did. His highest ever was 18.

Despite you trying to play smart, The context was always the league goals. Always.

Goodnight.

BannedLarge:

Look at this CRIMINAL trying to change my words. I said “20 goals a season” and not 20 league goals. More so, I hope the Criminal isn’t trying to compare Osimehn to weah? I remember how the begging agent was saying Osimehn is better than Haaland until haaland made him drink shit. Anyway, osimehn has the potential to be a World class striker but, he needs to refine his game and score 20 goals for Napoli before aspiring to sign for Marquee clubs. Marquee clubs aren’t patience with Black players and if you no perform, dem go Finish you. Now, go and beg for a New Jersey Nnama

George weah: 1991/92 stats
Total 91/92: 47 23 8 2

23 goals in all competitions for Monaco then he transferred to Milan. Also, the 1990’s was more difficult to score than presently

BannedLarge:

To play for Liverpool as their main striker except he is going there as a backup. Napoli is actually a good team that osimehn needs to conquer before going to the next level. Osimehn hasn’t even scored 20 goals a season yet and a wrong move can possibly destabilize a player career I.e (Sanchez alexis)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:18am On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Na only here I dey see many rate players in obscure league more than those making a name for themselves in top leagues in europe cheesy

Says the person that rates players in German fourth division and English league one...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 12:29am On Oct 09, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
And you clearly knew I was referring to league goals when I dropped Osimhen's goals Stats from 2019/20 till 2021/22. Your reply didn't even try to say I was speaking off-point.

But then... since you say goals across all competitions in a season and not just league goals... then you again just shot yourself in the foot.... grin

You should know this....

OSIMHEN SCORED 20 GOALS IN BELGIUM AS A 19-20 year old in the 2018/19 season.

That alone renders your point as already dead, null and void on arrival.

P.S:
And those George Weah Stats are not for his 1995 Ballon D'or year, Sir. Go back and do a proper homework.

Besides... I clearly asked you to show me where Weah bagged 20 league goals in any season at all. Fact is he never did. His highest ever was 18.

Despite you trying to play smart, The context was always the league goals. Always.

Goodnight.

My Apologies for calling you a CRIMINAL sha. Nonetheless, the Belgium league is a backwater league sha. In my opinion, I want Osimehn to score 20 to 25 goals a season before signing for a big club because big clubs aren’t patient with black players I.e Lukaku if you disagree with my stance, we can agree to disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:53am On Oct 09, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Tell me one time even a fit Morata registered 20 league goals for any side. Just tell me one.

I doubt you would find one yet Morata has featured for most marquee clubs (Real Madrid, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Juventus).

Now... You just read facts and called it story, story, story.

But since you believe and know what a fit Osimhen can do... then that settles this discussion.

The wrong move would have been Osimhen moving to Man Utd this summer like some Shameless Man U fans in here wanted but thanks goodness that didn't happen.

Next Summer, Osimhen will likely get his big move after having another strong season in the Serie A under his belt. Maybe Man U will be a better place by then... time will tell. Other options also exist. Next Summer will tell it all.

So chill out with your "wrong move-destroy career" talks. He's been at Napoli for 3 seasons now including this current one. You make it sound like he's been on the move every other season.

nobody can tell me otherwise, Morata is a money laundry scheme

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:54am On Oct 09, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Chidozie Awaziem came up clutch again today for his club. A last minute winner in the deepest period of added time alongside another fine defensive performance. Details later.
e be like say na him level be this

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:13am On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Na only here I dey see many rate players in obscure league more than those making a name for themselves in top leagues in europe cheesy

You don't seem like someone who will do well in critical thinking question, because you see everything in black and white .....Otondo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2022
IDENNAA:

You don't seem like someone who will do well in critical thinking question, because you see everything in black and white .....Otondo
onye guff cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

Says the person that rates players in German fourth division and English league one...
and the one from German 4tier is a championship goalie now while the one frm league one stars for Southampton now grin

Is not God wonderful cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

and the one from German 4tier is a championship goalie now while the one frm league one stars for Southampton now grin

Is not God wonderful? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

I,just like many others here we're disappointed in him moving go Croatia, but his performance so far has been awesome...Some "lion in a small league" thingy.... I wonder if Komekn would acknowledge that in the future or disregard it with his "for context, the Scottish league is rated on the same level as the English league one....bla bla...."

When you as a player throughout your career of 7 years plus keep dropping to much lower and less competitive league.

It's not progression but an outright sign of poor quality and limited attributes. You then go to a lower league and are doing averagely well it's not progression, you have essentially found your LEVEL.

Put in context that the league is rated near 20 then a Lion in a lowe League and club is no longer applicable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2022
komekn:

When you as a player throughout your career of 7 years plus keep dropping to much lower and less competitive league.

It's not progression but an outright sign of poor quality and limited attributes. You then go to a lower league and are doing averagely well it's not progression, you have essentially found your LEVEL.

Put in context that the league is rated near 20 then a Lion in a lowe League and club is no longer applicable.

Awazeim has spent the better half of his career playing in the Portuguese, Spanish and French leagues... Those aren't obscure leagues... His problem is more of a lack of good agent or maybe lack of ambition.. He could have signed for Nantes permanently but they couldn't meet his valuation...

So,if leagues like Croatia doesn't meet your validation of "small league" perhaps you could give us a clarification of your definition of the term..Won't be surprised if it's limited to the English football space..

Your takes on certain issues are well known to be inconsistent...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:

Is it God wonderful? cheesy
So the one in Croatia now won't move to a better team later?
He already played in Laliga and Ligue 1,so why not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:
performing in lowly rated Croatian league doesn’t mean em don arrive

Awaziem by now suppose to dey play for atleast the French ligue 1, bundesliga or even Belgian top flight

Even playing for any of the Scottish giants Celtic or rangers will be far better than in hadjuk at this stage of his career in europe

He played a complete season with Nantes 2017/18 , players, coaches and fans all saw him.

But at the end of the season nobody in the whole of French league one, nobody valued him enough to buy him. I wonder WHY ❓

I remember he played against PSG and against Neymar he was playing as a RB, he got turned inside out and got a yellow card for his efforts.

Somehow he was described by the delusional praise singers here, as having pocketed Neymar.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2022
mostob:
Maybe his agent didn't do his work properly.

He should go employ Choupou-Moting's agent. He will get better club.

You can't sell bad market even to fools.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2022
IDENNAA:

Blind telling the man with two eyes � he cannot see.

Only here we such ludicrous nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

Awazeim has spent the better half of his career playing in the Portuguese, Spanish and French leagues... Those aren't obscure leagues... His problem is more of a lack of good agent or maybe lack of ambition.. He could have signed for Nantes permanently but they couldn't meet his valuation...

So,if leagues like Croatia doesn't meet your validation of "small league" perhaps you could give us a clarification of your definition of the term..Won't be surprised if it's limited to the English football space..

You are embellishing his attributes and over stating his qualities.

He played how many seasons in the youth team of Porto B and got 10 consolation games for the first team.

After excelling in French league 1 , he was rewarded with a esteemed move to the retirement league of Turkish football to the exceptional team of Caykur Rizespor.

He did so well him and his fellow CB partner in the SE were rewarded with a great move to La Liga in a relegation bound Leganes. They were promptly sent to the poor quality Segundo division at the end of the season.

From there to a relegation courting Boavista and after that back to the retirement league of Turkish football and now in Croatia.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble that's a journeyman career it is not a reflection of quality. He has been generally anonymous every where he has been.

Let's be honest and sincere, if not for undue favouritism should he even be in the SE. Even with all the SE packaging his career has not progressed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fotosify: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2022
Aina and Ebuehi starts for Torino and Empoli, respectively.

The game kicks off in 10 minutes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:
But you hailed sadiq when he was at the same Croatian league oo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2022
Toylove:

Sadiq was in Serbia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2022
I was at Liverpool FC yesterday .

And it was interesting to see Wolves U21 get flogged and spanked like small children by Liverpool FC U21 5-0.

I was shocked, this is the team that got narrowly beaten 2-1 by Villa Real B who are above mid table in the Segundo division.

Liverpool FC will play Accrington Stanley on the 18th October. They will get beat in my opinion , this is a league one team at the lower end of the league one table.,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2022
Toylove:

yes I did cus he had good numbers in the league as an u23 player which attracted bigger teams and now with sociedad

Awaziem at this stage of his career ought to be playing in a decent league like better than the Croatian league

Am not saying he should be playing for the Madrid,Bayern,juve nor man city of this world but atleast in mid table club in the French,German or Dutch league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2022
Fotosify:
Aina and Ebuehi starts for Torino and Empoli, respectively.

The game kicks off in 10 minutes.
wow thank God ebuehi is back

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

hmmm u said lack of good agent? You must be good and convincing in any league no matter how lowly rated to get recognized by clubs in top leagues in europe

I bet you that if awaziem was as good as brandished here porto wouldn’t hv allowed him leave. Even when he played for leganes in laliga a midtable team from the league would hv snapped him up after the expiration of his loan deal

South Korean hotshot Kim Mae Jae was snapped up by fenebache direct from the Korean league and after just 2 seasons is with Napoli performing superbly well which hv already attracted the likes of spurs and Manchester United after just few months in Italy

Maybe his agent is the best in the business for the lad to be in hot demand after few months of monstrous performances in serie A

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2022
Odunayaw:
No de stir wetin no de abeg

Awaziem having a good season is not hype. Reporting him is not "rating" like you are saying.

Fair reportage of Nigerian players is what is done in this thread. No come waste Nairaland pages with unnecessary agenda
I wasn’t making reference to awaziem when I made the post

If you knw u knw cheesy

Happy Sunday chief!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2022
komekn:

Blind telling the man with two eyes � he cannot see.

Only here we such ludicrous nonsense.

Everyone here knows you are slow in reasoning. I pity people that create the time to entertain your witless drivel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2022
Premier League Hall of Famer reveals how Tella's move to Burnley came about
English Premier League Hall of Famer Vincent Kompany, who now coaches Burnley, has explained how Nathan Tella's move to the Clarets came about.

In search of regular game time, the Super Eagles hopeful joined Burnley on a season-long loan from Southampton on August 11.

Tella has exceeded expectations since his arrival at Turf Moor with five goals in eleven appearances.

The former Arsenal schoolboy helped Burnley extend their unbeaten run to ten games in the Championship on Saturday, scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 road win over Coventry City.

Kompany is very pleased with the signing of Tella and admitted that he was monitoring the progress of Tella for quite a while before getting the deal over the line.

Speaking on his pursuit of Tella, the Belgian coach said at his post-match press conference after the win vs Coventry City : "It was an opportunity given to us by some good contacts.

"He was a player I liked and followed for a long time.

"As soon as I heard there might be an opportunity to help him with game time, I made an immediate phone call".

Kompany continued : "When you have a player who plays with a smile on his face it usually tells you everything, he has a spring in his step and thinks he can do anything at the moment and we don't want to stop that. He is a great lad around the dressing room.

"We know we don't technically own the contract long term he has blended in as though he is going to be here for the next five or six years

"I don't take his attitude for granted, he comes in every day and is doing well and not changing habits."

Burnley, who are targeting an immediate return to the Premier League, are fourth in the table with 22 points, two less than Sheffield United who lead the way after thirteen matches in the Championship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2022
Ola Aina with an assist for Torina.

He has been very impressive.
-------------------------
Goal chopped off.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Sadiq was in Serbia
My bad,but they are similar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
charlesemeka85:
I wasn’t making reference to awaziem when I made the post

If you knw u knw cheesy

Happy Sunday chief!
You this man sef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
Odunayaw:
You this man sef grin
lemme ooo cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fotosify: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ebuehi with an assist!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ebuehi assist, beautiful goal meanwhile Aina’s header hit the post

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13692) (13693) (13694) (13695) (13696) (13697) (13698) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.