Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,052 members, 7,976,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12595321 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13998) (13999) (14000) (14001) (14002) (14003) (14004) ... (16816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
super eagles issue is beyond lack of quality midfielders

The biggest problem is you all are blinded by hype and sentiment which made you to turn blind eyes to the fact that the current super eagles team is not as good as hyped here coupled with bad tactics and coaching that doesn’t suit the team

Actually, many of us here recognize how bad we are. For over three years before Rohr's sack, I and others screamed that his football was taking us nowhere.

That is why we think of solutions of how the team can improve.

Saying the team is not good is easy. How do we get better. Until you start making suggestions on how to improve the bad team, there is no use fighting people's propositions.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Spain is so good that you mock them for reaching the Quarter finals.
na you know where you dey divert dey go

All I want you to know is that super eagles problem is far beyond having an average midfield

From organization, management and coaching no dey work

Nigeria hv decent footballing personnel’s doing well in top leagues in europe to do well in major competitions so no dey divert go where I no knw cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, many of us here recognize how bad we are. For over three years before Rohr's sack, I and others screamed that his football was taking us nowhere.

That is why we think of solutions of how the team can improve.

Saying the team is not good is easy. How do we get better. Until you start making suggestions on how to improve the bad team, there is no use fighting people's propositions.
from your post your insinuation and that of many here is that once nwakali is installed in the heart of our midfield that we can beat any team in the world cheesy

Una need open una eyes to reality

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Quarter finals?

R16

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
Thegoodjoe Ghana that knocked us out during the World Cup qualifiers who was their midfield conductor in both games? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odunayaw:
Quarter finals?

R16
thanks bro cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
LOL! Wahala plenty for US jare, my Oga! I know say na US you dey but na wetin Oracle see be that! Oracleee!!
AndSunGorilla:

Haha oga Major, make I correct Oracle small, you fit change the Kingdom to States and the prediction may have a chance, lol. Football here in the US for kids is capital intensive and stressful for the parents. As for me, am not ready to pay thousands of dollars just so my son will be playing football at a high level and I can't be driving everywhere or flying around because of football. One oyinbo once joked that, most US parents spend a lot of money on sports for their kids in an effort to at least get a college scholarship, according to him, the scholarship money is already in the money used to attempt to earn it for the child. Bottom line if God says na im way of cos but nna men, I no see dat kain talent inside d boy jare grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

I agree wholeheartedly with you. See ehn there's something about Nigerians. There's no field of human endeavor that you will not find a Nigerian shining and setting the pace. Is it literature? Is it music? Medicine, Art, science?

Eguavoen's Super Eagles played well. He was never given opportunity to learn and correct his mistakes.

Unfortunately for eguavoen ,he lost two most important matches,to forgive him will b very hard base on our impatience record.

Had it been Dey were just friendly games those matches he lost,he would still b d eagles coach

Do u think ppu won’t have come for paisero heads too with d way he’s losing games if Dey were “important” matches smiley

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Spain no good. The Spanish know so that they are underperforming, it is you who thinks otherwise.

Charlesemeka85 please help me post the full report contained in this link. I've forgotten how to do it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63879153

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
elyte89:

Unfortunately for eguavoen ,he lost two most important matches,to forgive him will b very hard base on our impatience record.

Had it been Dey were just friendly games those matches he lost,he would still b d eagles coach

Do u think ppu won’t have come for paisero heads too with d way he’s losing games if Dey were “important” matches smiley
and the same eguavoen na head of nff’s technical department cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Thegoodjoe Ghana that knocked us out during the World Cup qualifiers who was their midfield conductor in both games? cheesy

I am more concerned with Nigeria becoming a formidable force than who played what for Ghana.

My focus is how we can improve, hence you have identified us as a weak team. So what are your suggestions for us to improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

Spain no good. The Spanish know so that they are underperforming, it is you who thinks otherwise. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63879153

That is the class of Spain. Semi finals Euros and World Cup quarter finals is underperforming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I am more concerned with Nigeria becoming a formidable force than who played what for Ghana.

My focus is how we can improve, hence you have identified us as a weak team. So what are your suggestions for us to improve.
to bench iwobi and bring it nwakali cheesy

If una want change Mk una first sack eguavoen as head of nff’s technical department and bring in someone who has modern and vast knowledge of the game cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

That is the class of Spain. Semi finals Euros and World Cup quarter finals is underperforming.
quarter finals abi round of 16? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Please o, me am learning o, did Liverpool have a midfield conductor when they won the EPL and UCL, I don't believe players like Henderson, Fabinho, Milner, wijnaldum are midfield conductors. Yes Thiago is but they haven't won the league or UCL since they signed thiago.
Having a Midfield conductor depends on the tactic.
Klopp's tactic then required combative midfielders who can press and defend effectively. Remember most of Liverpool's chances then were from both wings. Currently, we have
Jorginho is playing that role for Chelsea.
Silva, Benardo, KDB for city.
Xhaka, Partey, Ode for arsenal.
Iwobi for Everton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Read the report. It's not about class. It goes beyond that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
stringing which passes? Make we hear word abeg

Spain and all their passes in this ongoing World Cup where are they today?
Chai...Dey calm down bro.
When Morocco was playing, a lot of monikers here commented about how good their transition from defence to attack is. That's exactly what we are lacking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
elyte89:

But talk true Eguavoen's Super Eagles played with confidence and swiftness. Before Eguavoen I have been an ardent opponent of making local coaches Super Eagles gaffer but I supported Eguavoen and I feel local coaches are still better for us than foreign coaches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Partey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

Spain no good. The Spanish know so that they are underperforming, it is you who thinks otherwise.

Charlesemeka85 please help me post the full report contained in this link. I've forgotten how to do it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63879153

There is literally nothing in this article. What is the point you are trying to make with this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

Read the report. It's not about class. It goes beyond that

There is no point in that article. I read it and it is just a compilation of rants.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
quarter finals abi round of 16? shocked

Okay. Round of 16. Still does not change the point. The Spaniards dominated the game and lost by penalties. Nothing extraordinary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
to bench iwobi and bring it nwakali cheesy

If una want change Mk una first sack eguavoen as head of nff’s technical department and bring in someone who has modern and vast knowledge of the game cheesy

Can you propose the person you want as head of the NFF tech department?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
mostob:
Chai...Dey calm down bro.
When Morocco was playing, a lot of monikers here commented about how good their transition from defence to attack is. That's exactly what we are lacking.
and nwakali is the person wey go improve our teams transitional play? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odunayaw:
Quarter finals?

R16

Thanks. Spain was eliminated in the first round in France 98. They went on to win two Euros and a World Cup after that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
and nwakali is the person wey go improve our teams transitional play? cheesy

We are waiting for your suggestion of how we can improve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Okay. Round of 16. Still does not change the point. The Spaniards dominated the game and lost by penalties. Nothing extraordinary.
but they lost after having better possession of the ball and number of passes? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We are waiting for your suggestion of how we can improve.
Keep on waiting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
from your post your insinuation and that of many here is that once nwakali is installed in the heart of our midfield that we can beat any team in the world cheesy

Una need open una eyes to reality

No one made that insinuation. It takes bits to build a team. One thing we lack is coordinated midfield play. We can improve, (not final solution) by selecting better natural passers of the ball. Kelechi Nwakali is one of our best. Unless you have a better suggestion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
but they lost after having better possession of the ball and number of passes? grin

Manchester City have lost lots of games that we dominated possession overwhelmingly. So what is your point?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Keep on waiting

Because you don't have a suggestion. Yet, you are ready to fight propositions of others without any to offer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Manchester City have lost lots of games that we dominated possession overwhelmingly. So what is your point?
we are talking of Spain not man city

My point is it goes beyond having a good midfield to win games and competitions

(1) (2) (3) ... (13998) (13999) (14000) (14001) (14002) (14003) (14004) ... (16816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, Bbdot(m), Tessyy1701, Zonofman(m), lakesidepapa(m), jolly94, Sugarboyy(m), ThanosKilla(m), JorgedeToledo, TheGoodJoe(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Odunayaw(m), Pidginwhisper, Goke7, justvictor57(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.