Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,459 members, 7,940,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12374413 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14085) (14086) (14087) (14088) (14089) (14090) (14091) ... (16594) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Karlovych:
Akpom scores
surprise of the season so far when it comes to Nigerian players in europe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
My point is to ascertain if you understand the study detailed in that article.
I am yet to draw any conclusions. I am just referring to the method employed by the study.

Very simple. Does the article detail an examination protocol conducted on a sample of players from four different countries? It's there in the article. You can pull up the article to check the details of the snippet. No need to rush to reply. Check the snippet against the article and confirm if that's what the study is about.

Don't be scared. cheesy grin. I will be gentle.
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know how this relates to your point. So, I can't say correct.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know how this relates to your point. So, I can't say correct.

I think it's the African team in it, That's related to his point,

His point is mainly, While using studies That compare between Africa And some European and American countries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Maduko dey colet better roasting. English fans no care about all this diplo diplo-hopeful mode we love to use to deflect reality. grin

Smh. That's a really silly goal to concede. Very poor positioning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
I don't know why Villarreal waited 25 minutes to give Samu the ball but he is heating up now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
Kompany is doing a superb job with burnley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

I think it's the African team in it, That's related to his point,

His point is mainly, While using studies That compare between Africa And some European and American countries

Many 20/21-year-old Sub-saharan African players will pass the MRI test.

He made a clearly bogus statement and includes a test without sub-Saharan Africans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
daveP:
Maduko dey colet better roasting. English fans no care about all this diplo diplo-hopeful mode we love to use to deflect reality. grin

Smh. That's a really silly goal to concede. Very poor positioning.

What do you expect, he had been confined to the bench for too long,
And then they played him with Defence that's not even good, You want him to become prime Jorge Campos abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
benji93:
My point is to ascertain if you understand the study detailed in that article.
I am yet to draw any conclusions. I am just referring to the method employed by the study.

Very simple. Does the article detail an examination protocol conducted on a sample of players from four different countries? It's there in the article. You can pull up the article to check the details of the snippet. No need to rush to reply. Check the snippet against the article and confirm if that's what the study is about.

Don't be scared. cheesy grin. I will be gentle.

There is nothing like being scared. If you have a teachable mind, you will always be eager to learn. What you are saying now does not relate to what you stated.

Just make your point. Show us how you came up with the idea that 20 to 21-year-old sub-Saharan Africans will pass the test. It is quite bogus. Tell us. We are eager to learn.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

He made a clearly bogus statement and includes a test without sub-Saharan Africans.

You could had seen where he said about the difference between FIFA MRI Rule on Africa, And that of the Studies he dropped

BTW it is well sir and Happy new year to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

You could had seen where he said about the difference between FIFA MRI Rule on Africa, And that of the Studies he dropped

BTW it is well sir and Happy new year to you

He should show us the study and let us dissect the point. He believes a study is credible, let him show us how he drew that inference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

What do you expect, he had been confined to the bench for too long,
And then they played him with Defence that's not even good, You want him to become prime Jorge Campos abi
abi prime pompedo cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the way una dey bias here for certain issues eeeh

Dennis hv to give the coach the reason to bench any of the duo u mentioned by doing well in training and games when the opportunity comes

Hv seen few of his games in the colors of Forrest and he hv been awful with I don’t care attitude

He is not serious at all and needs to do more to gain the coach’s confidence to give him more minutes or a starting shirt

Honestly u have absolutely no proof of what u are saying. I have watched Dennis play and I have never seen him act unprofessional. In the 3 starts he has had in the EPL this season he scored a goal and created an assist. He is even giving the business in another start as we speak so this ur doing well in games is bogus.

U are talking about a club that signed like 20 players in the off-season. It shouldn't be so hard to understand why the guy has not been given a real chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2023
That was a joke, I may learn something from this too. If you are having a supposed intellectual conversation with someone, both of you need to indicate that you do understand what you are talking about. The 20/21-year-old argument is my argument. You cannot find it directly in that article. To establish that it is a reasonable argument, I would have to demonstrate I understand the study detailed in that article in the first place. You cannot provide an informed opinion if you cannot process the science that lead to the adoption of the MRI scan. I am saying I can consider that submission quite reasonable from that article and the articles they reference. So you and I have to be on the same page regarding what the article is saying first before the extrapolation can be addressed. A useful article would tell the samples they considered in their study.

So again my question is do you know anything about the samples they considered in their study as detailed in the article?

Leave my conclusions for now. Let's talk about what the article actually says.
TheGoodJoe:

There is nothing like being scared. If you have a teachable mind, you will always be eager to learn. What you are saying now does not relate to what you stated.

Just make your point. Show us how you came up with the idea that 20 to 21-year-old sub-Saharan Africans will pass the test. It is quite bogus. Tell us. We are eager to learn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
abi prime pompedo cheesy

hahaha, Maduka should leave that club, It's looking like it was the Club that signed him not the Coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly u have absolutely no proof of what u are saying. I have watched Dennis play and I have never seen him act unprofessional. In the 3 starts he has had in the EPL this season he scored a goal and created an assist. He is even giving the business in another start as we speak so this ur doing well in games is bogus.

U are talking about a club that signed like 20 players in the off-season. It shouldn't be so hard to understand why the guy has not been given a real chance.

no try paint am say na the coach fault that Dennis isn’t playing much

Few games I hv seen him this season play he has not been convincing. They signed him because of his impact with watford in the epl before they got demoted and till now he is yet to replicate that form

He needs to do more to warrant a starters shirt. No right thinking coach will leave a performing player on the bench/reserves. Also he needs to work on his attitude

Na so una talk say porto dey sign Nigerian players just to kill their career but sanusi proved us all wrong cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

hahaha, Maduka should leave that club,
It's looking like it was the Club that signed him not the Coach
he said he will like to return to the Dutch league on loan if watford will allow that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

He was suppose to be a started but him nyash open for pre season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nigeria has more both in the Premier league and the Seria A. Maybe equal in Spain and Germany. They only best us in France even that is debatable! Show us the proof. Only two of their forwards are starters in the top five league! Mane and that guy in Salertina. Only the Ivorians can compete with us in West Africa in terms of players in the top leagues.
komekn:

Let me reiterate, my proposition once again as you are clearly struggling to comprehend.

Senegal has the most African players in the top 5 Leagues of Europe, we are talking numbers of players not value a fluctuating variable.

The five top Leagues in Europe are
EPL
La Liga
Bundisliga
Seria A
French league 1.

You have submitted an article on player value which has absolutely nothing to do with my assertion. It's even done in isolation.

If you struggle to make a substantive contribution, why not just keep quite and not expose your limited understanding and capacity to be kind.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
Samueltemi337:
He was suppose to be a started but him nyash open for pre season

Which yansh, with that Defence that carried Watford back to Championship from EPL,
Abeg Free the Guy,

If e Easy go keep

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
he said he will like to return to the Dutch league on loan if watford will allow that

He should try Force a Move

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2023
cheesy
do4luv14:

Which yansh, with that Defence that carried Watford back to Championship from EPL,
Abeg Free the Guy,

If e Easy go keep
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2023
benji93:
That was a joke, I may learn something from this too. If you are having a supposed intellectual conversation with someone, both of you need to indicate that you do understand what you are talking about. The 20/21-year-old argument is my argument. You cannot find it directly in that article. To establish that it is a reasonable argument, I would have to demonstrate I understand the study detailed in that article in the first place. You cannot provide an informed opinion if you cannot process the science that lead to the adoption of the MRI scan. I am saying I can consider that submission quite reasonable from that article and the articles they reference. So you and I have to be on the same page regarding what the article is saying first before the extrapolation can be addressed. A useful article would tell the samples they considered in their study.

So again my question is do you know anything about the samples they considered in their study as detailed in the article?

Leave my conclusions for now. Let's talk about what the article actually says.

Just teach us why you feel 21 years old sub-Saharan African men will pass a highly accurate MRI wrist scan.

I do not need to be on the same page with you for you to teach me. In a nutshell, why do you think 21 years old will pass the wrist MRI scan?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

Abeg Free the Guy,

If e Easy go keep
I'm not a goalkeeper by profession undecided
he should be good at what he does with or without a good defence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2023
Samueltemi337:
I'm not a goalkeeper by profession undecided
he should be good at what he does with or without a good defence

Ofcos he Should,
oya shift make I see front cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no try paint am say na the coach fault that Dennis isn’t playing much

Few games I hv seen him this season play he has not been convincing. They signed him because of his impact with watford in the epl before they got demoted and till now he is yet to replicate that form

He needs to do more to warrant a starters shirt. No right thinking coach will leave a performing player on the bench/reserves. Also he needs to work on his attitude

Na so una talk say porto dey sign Nigerian players just to kill their careers but sanusi proved us all wrong cheesy

Who said it was the coach's fault? It's like u just want to argue.

All I see is u trying to kick someone while they are down. We have seen countless coaches take new jobs and make a bit part player a key player in their team. Samuel Chukwueze is now a full time starter when he barely was starting before. I believe Unai Emery is a great coach but he was not using Samu like he being used now. U have Rudigar at Chelsea. He was even supposed to be sold before the German coach made him a big piece of the UCL winning team. So this no well thinking coach will never leave a performing player on the bench is nonsense. Every coach has his own plan and sometimes a player doesn't fit into it. That doesn't mean the player or even the coach did anything wrong.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2023
I cannot make that argument if you don't understand the details of the article. It will just fly over your head. That's rather simple. Do you know what a prerequisite means? Knowing what the article is about is the prerequisite for this conversation. If either of us doesn't understand it won't be fruitful. There's no point continuing the conversation.

The article says they conducted examination protocols on some players from four countries. Did they say that or not? Confirm this then we can move on to the next step.
TheGoodJoe:

Just teach us why you feel 21 years old sub-Saharan African men will pass a highly accurate MRI wrist scan.

I do not need to be on the same page with you for you to teach me. In a nutshell, why do you think 21 years old will pass the wrist MRI scan?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
do4luv14:

Would you made the same excuse if na Uzoho? Be sincere.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Who said it was the coach's fault? It's like u just want to argue.

All I see is u trying to kick someone while they are down. We have seen countless coaches take new jobs and make a bit part player a key player in their team. Samuel Chukwueze is now a full time starter when he barely was starting before. I believe Unai Emery is a great coach but he was not using Samu like he being used now. U have Rudigar at Chelsea. He was even supposed to be sold before the German coach made him a big piece of the UCL winning team. So this no well thinking coach will never leave a performing player on the bench is nonsense. Every coach has his own plan and sometimes a player doesn't fit into it. That doesn't mean the player or even the coach did anything wrong.
but you insinuated that the coach preferring Johnson and the other you mentioned isn’t Dennis fault

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
Chukweze wan kill that Mendy guy! lol!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
cheesy
Marjoribanks:
Chukweze wan kill that Mendy guy! lol!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14085) (14086) (14087) (14088) (14089) (14090) (14091) ... (16594) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi, Philosopher1979, elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.