Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,418 members, 7,937,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12356964 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14119) (14120) (14121) (14122) (14123) (14124) (14125) ... (16578) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
Danielnino00:

I wish somebody can dig out all those doomsday predictions he made back then.. screenshot it, frame it and hang it at the NFF secretariat so our young cadet player can see it and know that they can reach whatever height they want as long as they are focused and hardworking...

I hope Nwakali story has a happy ending soon too
Lolssss you guys are not nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
#ManchesterDerby Day: The rest of the league + Man Utd's UEL Opponents, Barca to Man City today. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Story, Story, Story... You also said Osimhen is not even on the bus in comparison to your World Class Fred Onyedimma. grin grin

For every shalaye quote you give me, I quote you with one of your farts from years ago. grin You game?

LMAO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ppogbae:
Chai they have brought out the receipts grin!

Vawulence in 4K definition!!
no b small thing o.. I just dey laugh since... omo diz life just work hard and pray, every thing will fall in line at the right time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
andrewbaba44:
Messi gave me joy and made me happy ,even football banters doesn’t get to me anymore grin

Victor osimhen all I want for you is a seria A title and maybe APOTY ,it’s been long I witness such feelings from a naija player
I pray so, we really deserve such feeling it's been a long!!!!! Time we had such feeling, since Mikel obi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kog45:
Hmmm Kelechi Nwakali,very different scenarios.Osimehn moved from Wolsburg to very lowly Charleroi and see where he is now. Sadiq failed in Roma and Rangers but went to Croatia league to rediscover himself,moved to very ambitious Almeria in Segunda,at the end in Real Sociedal.Awoniyi was a globetrotter,played in Holland,Belgium and Germany until he proved himself with Union Berlin,now enjoying good wages with Nottingham...i remeber and I said will Profindana provide a good platform for Nwakali to step up,which am doubting but I hope to see him moving up.
Exactly what I've been saying, his agent needs to work hard to be getting him decent deals and not the useless clubs he's been signing for.
Imagine going from Arsenal to Maastricht and VV Venlo, Ponferradina is a very poor side and he's not been exceptional in Segundo 2. Imagine a situation where his team gets relegated and at almost 25 years it will be very difficult to make a leap to a team in La Liga or any serious team for that matter considering his not very impressive club history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
United, one more goal abeg and we will close shop ... grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
Manchester Utd closing in on a sweet revenge and they are doing so from a comeback position. Ten Hag's wards have matched Pep's wards tactics for tactics indeed. The momentum of the game definitely titled slightly towards Man Utd with that equaliser.

Man City's Sustained Possession and pressure plays vs Man Utd's counter pressing and Sound Structural Positional setup akin to ETH standards.

Elite Game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2023
It is about time we brought in Arthur Okonkwo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Been impressed in my coverage of the lad this season.

'Been saying on twitter that if Ghana could bring in a Wollacott from EFL League 2 to star at the Afcon and also use him against us in the WCQs then what stops us from giving Okonkwo a shot to further thicken the completion in the GK dept?

PS: Wollacott now plies his trade in EFL League 1.

ChrisKels:
It is about time we brought in Arthur Okonkwo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
How has Iwobi recovered from this in a week.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
do4luv14:
Good Beautiful morning guyz,

Thanks to Osimhen for that beautiful Amazing performance yesterday, It was a perfect pre bBirthday gift to Me

It's my birthday ,Am Plus 1 today, And I don't do it all by myself, It's GOD all the way, and will only be GOD all by Himself

Happy Prolific Birthday to me cheers!!!!!

Happy birthday bro

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Cc TheGoodJoe

What a huge compliment from Pep on Rico Lewis. Massive.

The kid actually fits that profile already and he's still growing.

We don't look the same without Rico Lewis. Pep just has to let the kid play. Honestly, Walker's time is almost up. He even makes us not miss Cancelo.

On another side, I think Ake is phenomenal. I can watch him all day. He is just brilliant. I am feeling him more than Akanji.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

How is that not a red card?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
David okereke currently in action for Cremonese
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Manchester Utd closing in on a sweet revenge and they are doing so from a comeback position. Ten Hag's wards have matched Pep's wards tactics for tactics indeed. The momentum of the game definitely titled slightly towards Man Utd with that equaliser.

Man City's Sustained Possession and pressure plays vs Man Utd's counter pressing and Sound Structural Positional setup akin to ETH standards.

Elite Game.

Come on. The Ref literally gave Manchester United that game. Repeated uncalled foul. That Fernandes goal is never a goal. That is a classic case of interfering with play by Rashford. Let them enjoy the win but match tactically, I totally disagree. We were by far the better side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
elyte89:
We do dis almost every weekend wout a fuse

Make I find trouble small #teamhaaland grin grin

The only special thing Halaand can do with city this season is to break the premier league goalscoring record. And also winning the UCL.. anything aside that would be ordinary..

But you see Osimhen,if he leads Napoli to the Serie A title, they might probably build him a statue in Naples... It's going to be very very special for them....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
cc: TheSuperNerd

How is this not interfering with play?
grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Moffi and Iwobi are childhood friends sir we have been told. We have even seen their childhood picture together. So that means Iwobi too is 35. I can confirm at least that Awoniyi is 40, right, Kog45 the real sir K can confirm Awoniyi's age as he know am reach house. Also please also say that Osimehn is 40 too. Thank you.

You are very wise as you have been told so much from so many who know,. WISE MAN.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
cc: TheSuperNerd

Still not interfering with play.

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dude is a machine how do you go from being potentially out for the season to starting the next match? shocked

TheLoneCitizen:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Iwobi don turn Inaki Williams grin

Iwobi starts against Southampton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
Joe Aribo on then bench for Southampton against Everton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

Knowing all you wrote above, wisdom demands that you don't make negative definitive statements on a player's career when it appears that their prospects for the time being looks dim. Learn to use the words 'probably', 'maybe', 'it is possible', 'it could be that', etc rather than speaking with so much certainty. No one knows tomorrow

I agree with you wholeheartedly and without question.

The WISDOM that the INTENDED recipient V.O. followed to the letter, i.e. Drop to lower less competitive league, reinvent himself, develope and progress and then move up , if you like , stoop to conquer

Don't you think I should commended for such apt and progressive constructive advice that became. TRUE.

Thank you for such WISDOM.

As opposed to deceptive over exaggeration that says your great, fantastic, the best and everybody is just discriminating against you. That's the recipe for failure.

There is still the KC group he is the best marksman and clinical finisher in Europe, where has that advice got KC.❓ I will not talk about the Nwakali praise singers choir and leading vocalist quartet, that's over kill.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
chrisooblog:
Komekn Komekn smh. Sometimes it pays to just acknowledge you made a mistake, be gracious and move on instead of all this bulaba bala blu that doesn't in any way exonerate your initial faux pas.

Wise man joining the rabble in wisdom.

I quote myself and tell my how what has transpired much beyond all expectation, is a mistake please without prejudice.

It seems V.O. Took my advice dropped from Bundisliga as I advised to Belgium league did very well got a move to French league one did well and went to Seria A and is doing better, this is his best season of his entire career.

So who gave the most objective, balanced and ⚖️ forward driving progressive advice me or you the egoistical football ⚽ hype man MC

Consider the Bold is that true or not ❓❓❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

How is that not a red card?

Fine tackle. Looks worse in still.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
chrisooblog:
Dude is a machine how do you go from being potentially out for the season to starting the next match? shocked

Unadulterated Nigerian.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
I just don't wanna talk about the Rashford interference controversy. grin

I know it helped swing the momentum Man U's way but still taking nothing from ETH. He coped much better with your side's 3-2-5 Positional offensive/sustained possession phases until Man City’s first goal ofcos.

This was an improved game tactically from the 6-3 bashing they suffered at your hands. In that game, Man City’s xG was even far better compared to today. Today, Man U trumped City in xG count. They had sight of goal more than City despite City’s sustained possession plays.

But ofcos you guys were better for the most parts but kudos to ETH's Man Utd. Fine improvement I must admit.

TheGoodJoe:

Come on. The Ref literally gave Manchester United that game. Repeated uncalled foul. That Fernandes goal is never a goal. That is a classic case of interfering with play by Rashford. Let them enjoy the win but match tactically, I totally disagree. We were by far the better side.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
do4luv14:
Good Beautiful morning guyz,

Thanks to Osimhen for that beautiful Amazing performance yesterday, It was a perfect pre bBirthday gift to Me

It's my birthday ,Am Plus 1 today, And I don't do it all by myself, It's GOD all the way, and will only be GOD all by Himself

Happy Prolific Birthday to me cheers!!!!!

Happy birthday do4luv14, with loads of God's riches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:
Osimhen is not older than Dessers

In reality I actually think he is younger , but factually speaking �️ I don't know.

But using an substantive evidential basis, how do you actually know, in a country with no independent automatic birth data capture ❓❓❓

It's like saying 99% of Nigeria policeman do not take bribery and carry out institutional extortion. Because not up to 1% of Nigeria policeman have been convicted of bribery and extortion.

I can therefore conclude without any iota of doubt, 99% of Nigeria policeman are honest, truthful and of unquestionable integrity. Can you dispute my assertion claim and or agree with it ❓

With age creation cheating I simply take an evidential standing and that many of you struggle to accept

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
The EPL is simply the most competitive, physically taxing and fastest look league in the world.

Manchester United giving Manchester City a reality check.

Rashfords form in the now is just something else .

Making this run for the title so much more exciting, teams and defenders are learning of ways to deal with HAALAND.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
komekn:

This is a team that has left it's glory years behind. I still think the lower part of the Bundesliga is just about English championship level.

In this regard Osimhen should by now have claimed jersey.

March 20, 2017

This is what you were saying about an 18 year old lad who had battled injuries and was beginning to ease into Pro football. I don't see any advice here.

You were even berating the level of the club he played for. Mocking why he hasn't been starting enough games while ignoring his injury records there and the fact that they still featured him off the bench when he was fit.

komekn:

Osimhen is operating on past youthful glory as an U17 player, which is essentially small boys football. That as it stands is archived history of plus two years ago. No longer tenable or relevant for current assessment.

Currently, Solanke is the best player in the just recently concluded U20 World cup an accolade that is much closer to the professional senior game.

Solanke was already a regular on the Eredivisie as a 17 year old. Add to that was winning cups for Chelsea as the best youth team arguably in Europe but definitely in England.

Solanke is not just a bench warmer but a fully fledged senior team member for Liverpool.

Osimhen is struggling to warm the bench at Wolfsburg this is the reality. As it stands has he played up to one hour of football this season for struggling and lowly Wolfsburg.

This may be hard for some to digest but Osimhen will not enter the youth team of any top EPL club as it stands. If Indeed he could make the youth team of a Championship side that would be more probable but not certain.

So let's have no doubt Solanke is far ahead of Osimhen in every respect.

October 20, 2017: The Ultimate Fart

KomeCLOWN the liar. Kindly show us from the above where you advised Victor to take a step down to Belgium... or to leave the Bundesliga?? The Bundesliga whose bottom half or so you rated on par with the English Championship??

You are Shamelessly lying that you advised him to step down to Belgium when you literally said that he wasn't even probably good enough for the youth sides of Championship sides. You wrote him off!! And now you wanna turn it to advice?? What an unintelligent LIAR you are. You stink of Lies and Deceit, KomeCLOWN.

komekn:

Wise man joining the rabble in wisdom.

I quote myself and tell my how what has transpired much beyond all expectation, is a mistake please without prejudice.

It seems V.O. Took my advice dropped from Bundisliga as I advised to Belgium league did very well got a move to French league one did well and went to Seria A and is doing better, this is his best season of his entire career.

So who gave the most objective, balanced and ⚖️ forward driving progressive advice me or you the egoistical football ⚽ hype man MC

Consider the Bold is that true or not ❓❓❓

Komekn AKA KomeCLOWN AKA KomeFARTS. Stop farting more lies.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14119) (14120) (14121) (14122) (14123) (14124) (14125) ... (16578) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Raalsalghul, isan(m), elyte89, komekn(m), kennysville(m), opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.