Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,454 members, 7,968,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12543116 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14121) (14122) (14123) (14124) (14125) (14126) (14127) ... (16749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:
Okay, Rodri's hand did not touch the ball according to you likewise there's no proof Rashford interfered with play as he didn't touch the ball, he was merely trying to come off from his offside position

This one is just evasion. Debate the point.

Rashford's own, there is clear evidence of interference. He pursued the ball all through and cause Akanji to change his direction. He interfered with the play. The referee knows it, the VAR officials know it, Bruno Fernandes knows it. You know it.

Rodri's case, there is a sleeve rule and there was not enough evidence for the VAR officials to rule. They even released a statement after the game which no one has contested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Everytime Liverpool loses, the Mane Memes surface gringrin

This one suggests how Mane was carrying Liverpool. Lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
mostob:
But City didn't find it difficult to break down teams seating deep last season. Somehow, the usually find a way to score thanks to their fluidity and technical abilities. From tactical point of view, do you think Haaland's signing is making it difficult to carve teams open this season?

We have always found it difficult to break teams. When we get an early goal, we have easy games and some time when we don't get an early goal, we find the match difficult. Still the same thing.

I think Haaland was an adjustment to the difficulties we faced last season. With teams sitting more deeper, we can now resort to crosses to a clever target man.

I think Haaland is even making us more effective.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
Oshoala continues her red hot form in Spain. Another 2 goals today vs Huelva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLXNruPTbU

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Chelsea have put on their Hijackers' Cap once again grin grin

And uhmm... It's escalating quicker than I thought. Hijack action in full play. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

This one is just evasion. Debate the point.

Rashford's own, there is clear evidence of interference. He pursued the ball all through and cause Akanji to change his direction. He interfered with the play. The referee knows it, the VAR officials know it, Bruno Fernandes knows it. You know it.

Rodri's case, there is a sleeve rule and there was not enough evidence for the VAR officials to rule. They even released a statement after the game which no one has contested.
Same way the refs apologized to Everton after the handball incident, you have no proof he was pursuing the ball since he never touched it for all we know it could be his way of distracting the defender which is not a crime. The point is the goal scorer Fernandes was not offside, here is another scenario where your team benefited from a similar rule against Aston Villa in 2021

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Everytime Liverpool loses, the Mane Memes surface gringrin

This one suggests how Mane was carrying Liverpool. Lol

Oure nonsense.. Mane was also around in 2020/2021 season when we were struggling.. He was so poor that season..
Even last season, he started very poorly.. Diaz was signed in January and immediately took over the LW while Mane was at AFCON..Klopp later switched him to the no.9 role where he excelled...
Mane was a great player for us,but to say he was carrying the team is rubbish...

Liverpool problem is the midfield...the midfield is aged and worn out.. We don't even play our traditional high pressing game anymore...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
komekn:

VO is one of them .

NWAKALI is a non topic.

I mean no effence,
How did u actually gave Osimhen that advice ?
Did u reached him personally ?
through his agent?
through his management ?
or did he read ur advice somewhere ?
We want to know,because u've said it several times that he took ur advice .
We want to know how.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Napoleon55:

I mean no effence,
How do u actually gave Osimhen that advice ?
Did u reached him personally ?
through his agent?
through his management ?
or did he read ur advice somewhere ?
We want to know,because u've said it several times that he took ur advice .
We want to know how.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
I agree with the midfield point. The moment Liverpool began this decline started when the right midfield profiles phased out and weren't replaced properly. It is kinda one of the major reasons you guys are struggling.

Liverpool has lost that Physicality mixed with Intensity and technicality that enabled their midfield Press, counter press and execute their usual heavy-pressure-on-the-ball style.

Liverpool's entire style (a style they would also need to adjust and refine) is all about putting pressure on the ball, closing down opponents quickly to force turnovers and quick transitions and they usually do so with intensity and structure and when that fails, their high line is left wide open.

Kpele Dan. Na Phase. grin

Danielnino00:

Oure nonsense.. Mane was also around in 2020/2021 season when we were struggling.. He was so poor that season..
Even last season, he started very poorly.. Diaz was signed in January and immediately took over the LW while Mane was at AFCON..Klopp later switched him to the no.9 role where he excelled...
Mane was a great player for us,but to say he was carrying the team is rubbish...

Liverpool problem is the midfield...the midfield is aged and worn out.. We don't even play our traditional high pressing game anymore...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wow... Lecce doing the Lord's Work against Milan in Italy to preserve My Boy's and Napoli's 10 points gap in Serie A. Yaassssss!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

And uhmm... It's escalating quicker than I thought. Hijack action in full play. grin grin

It has happened. MUDRYK to Chelsea.

Hijackers FC strikes again! grin

But is this a good move for Mykhaylo? He suited the Arsenal playing model more and was surely gonna boss that LW role in three Arteta system but naah... Shahktar did business and sold to the highest bidder.

Time will tell on Mudryk at Chelsea. But hey, Sterling (on the right), Felix, Mudryk could be uhmmm... well... Time will tell especially with respect to whether Potter's model can finally click at the Bridge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Greeting Great Comrades of the SE
I want to use this medium in expressing my Profound Thanks to you all, who had taken time from his/her busy schedules,And Vawulence heregrin To Celebrate with me on my Birthday, GOD bless and keep you all, And give us more celebrations to come Amen!!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
Haaland, de bruyne,mahrez etc

United were really scared today cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
Mofffiiiiiii what a goalllll!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
Moffi scores. This guy is too good to settle for ogc nice

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
Odunayaw:
You sef na January born cheesy

Mine was this time last week. Happy Birthday Sir

Yes ooocheesy,
I tell you before sef, But the Vawulence here Dry make person forget sometimes sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:
Same way the refs apologized to Everton after the handball incident, you have no proof he was pursuing the ball since he never touched it for all we know it could be his way of distracting the defender which is not a crime. The point is the goal scorer Fernandes was not offside, here is another scenario where your team benefited from a similar rule against Aston Villa in 2021

Fernandes was not the point of discussion here. Jumping to Bruno Fernandes means you are deviating from the point. Rashford ran a long length with the ball. You can not deny that. Rashford without chasing the ball will make it easier for our defenders and Ederson to getting it.

Look at this comment from a member of bluemoon.

Now mark the points and tell me which you disagree with. If not, he was offside.

Is he in the way of an opponent - Yes, Akanji and Ederson
Is he interfering with the movement of the player towards the ball - Yes, Akanji and Ederson
Is he impacting the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball - Yes, Akanji and Ederson

If he had not run with the ball literally under his feet for 15-20 yards, either one of Akanji or Eddie would have cleared it.

So, it is beyond Bruno Fernandes was not offside. It is a ridiculous call. They can enjoy their shafted win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Fernandes was not the point of discussion here. Jumping to Bruno Fernandes means you are deviating from the point. Rashford ran a long length with the ball. You can not deny that. Rashford without chasing the ball will make it easier for our defenders and Ederson to getting it.

Now mark the points and tell me which you disagree with. If not, he was offside.

Is he interfering with the movement of the player towards the ball - Yes, Akanji and Ederson
Is he impacting the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball - Yes, Akanji and Ederson

If he had not run with the ball literally under his feet for 15-20 yards, either one of Akanji or Eddie would have cleared it.

So, it is beyond Bruno Fernandes was not offside. It is a ridiculous call. They can enjoy their shafted win.
viva Man united. I tell una say tikitaka is dying off gradually

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
Danielnino00:

I think opposite. I think Mane's workrate upfront was underrated by the Liverpool's family. I think that is where the problem lies. That high press upfront relied a lot on Mane.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
viva Man united. I tell una say tikitaka is dying off gradually

You guys were totally outplayed today. We won the league 4 times in five seasons. Burnley is topping the league. Yet, tiki taka is dying. Think of a better joke. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:

That Aston Villa clip, are you not seeing the Villa Defender with the ball? As soon as the defender touched the ball, you can't rule offside for the City player. Na wa. I can't even believe it is that clip.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
I will not rate Osimhen until he starts winning European cups with Napoli, untill he beats Maradona s record at Napoli, untill Napoli changes the name of the stadium from Diego Amando Maradona Stadium to Victor Osimhen Stadium cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The VAR reviewed the incident and didn't find a clear and obvious sign of interference.
He never had physical contact with Ederson or Akanji, was not obstructing Ederson's view of the ball or Akanji's view. Did he hold Akanji's leg to prevent him from defending the ball?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
One player in the City team that annoyed me today was Bernardo Silva and I hope Guardiola gives him a hot scold today. There were times Haaland made some good runs but he held onto the ball.

I hope Guardiola notices and ensures the players utilize Haaland's runs more often. Give the pass and live the rest to Haaland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That Aston Villa clip, are you not seeing the Villa Defender with the ball? As soon as the defender touched the ball, you can't rule offside for the City player. Na wa. I can't even believe it is that clip.
In this case Fernandes was the one that touched the ball and not Rashford, only four players touched the ball leading up to the goal, DeGea--Wan Bissaka--Casmeiro--Fernandes. Which one of them was offside?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:
The VAR reviewed the incident and didn't find a clear and obvious sign of interference.
He never had physical contact with Ederson or Akanji, was not obstructing Ederson's view of the ball or Akanji's view. Did he hold Akanji's leg to prevent him from defending the ball?

What are you talking physical contact? Did you see physical contact in the point listed? Read them again and show me the one you disagree with. Forget VAR talk, they all knew he was off. It was a corrupt call.

Tell me which one you disagree with. If you can't, you are arguing against the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Karlovych:
In this case Fernandes was the one that touched the ball and not Rashford, only four players touched the ball leading up to the goal, DeGea--Wan Bissaka--Casmeiro--Fernandes. Which one of them was offside?

You must not touch the ball to interfere with the game. So talking touch is off point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You guys were totally outplayed today. We won the league 4 times in five seasons. Burnley is topping the league. Yet, tiki taka is dying. Think of a better joke. grin
totally outplayed with one shot on target cheesy

I know as you dey type tears dey roll down your cheeks cus wetin u see today u no believe say e dey possible cheesy

Congrats for winning four in a roll, united once dominated not only England but the whole of europe in different eras and on our way back to where we ought to be

You better be scared cus the Arabs are coming and when it’s done it won’t be normal domination for city and pep anymore

Thank God Arsenal are doing the needful currently and I pray they sustain it till the end of the season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
totally outplayed with one shot on target cheesy

I know as you dey type tears dey roll down your cheeks cus wetin u see today u no believe say e dey possible cheesy

Congrats for winning for in a roll, united once dominated not only England but the whole of europe in different eras and on our way back to were we ought to be

You better be scared cus the Arabs are coming and when it’s done it won’t be normal domination for city and pep anymore

Thank God Arsenal are doing the needful currently and I pray they sustain it till the end of the season

Na wa for you people and this one shot on target talk. Watch the game and even the commentators said it. Manchester city were far better. You guys were literally caged in your post because you know you were playing a side better than you.

One shot on target is because your players spent most of their time close to their post, not that you were playing better.

As I said, enjoy the win but don't try bending the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
If he moves towards the ball (which does) and faints a shot (which he does) he then attracts attention of all our players and keeper ( which does) and his presence allows Fernandes to sneak in and score.. it is offside as he couldn’t interfere more if he tried. He also faked a shot in faint to leave it for his mate to slot home.

Also, was it me or did the officials give it as offside only for VAR to intervene. In which case how on earth is it a clear and obvious error.

The bolded is the most interesting. The referee had blown offside after the linesman had flagged offside.

Now the interesting part. VAR only intervenes when there is a clear and obvious error.

In this case, Rashford was rightly ruled offside and VAR intervened for the wrong call. Amazing stuff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You must not touch the ball to interfere with the game. So talking touch is off point.
There was a VAR review and there was no clear and obvious interference

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14121) (14122) (14123) (14124) (14125) (14126) (14127) ... (16749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), elyte89, Mujtahida, daveP(m), Hotepking, tomsniel(m), Meliforme and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.