Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,017 members, 7,933,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12334623 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14914) (14915) (14916) (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) ... (16553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
chrisooblog:
Chief but seriously where's this hate you speak off? Most posters that criticize Nwakali always give fair assessments of his performances.

Plus why would anyone hate a player who can improve the SE if he's doing well?

There is literally a campaign against Kelechi Nwakali here and it has nothing to do with his performance. Most who criticize are actually people that have watched nothing about him. It is not issue based but just pure negativity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
daveP:
Mikel didn't even get this hype

Infact mikel is the most dragged sef despite all his exploit. Nobody said we hate mikel. Abi has anyone forgotten how safari used to defend mikel that year ni due to the dragging?
Yes people dragged Mikel no be small o…I remember my cross with Michael2 on Mikel here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wait. Who never play for SE for AFCON?
daveP:

The thing is we should hype with sense. Once a hype peaks the Delulumeter, no sort of explanation or defence can make it settles ever again.

Someone has not played for SE in even an afcon, and they're already saying he's better midfielder than Sofyan that was consistent with top Performance at the World cup vs teams that SE can't even really brag of defeating??

Then someone added KDB to the mix

I have to lose it. I must lose it like the basketball babe that gave Liz Cambage flying Stone cold punch. Haba.

It's further annoying that the hype is way more than what others have gotten in last 20yrs from Naija football.

Kilode!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
It’s a hype when you make it seem bigger than what it is.

Was Nwakali one of the best in the Segunda last season? YES.
Has he started this season brightly? YES
Is he SE material today? YES if he continues this way in Liga Portugal.
Is SE in need of his skill set (dead balls, hold up play, pin point long passes etc)? YES

O pari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
charlesemeka85:
which Amoo🥱😳

No be only Amoo na Amu 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:
Yes people dragged Mikel no be small o…I remember my cross with Michael2 on Mikel here.
many were not here when Mikel been world class debate happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
maidaboi:
many were not here when Mikel been world class debate happened
Walai Mikel suffered for here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
I don’t think it all started that way. There was a time I argued that Nwakali has not performed to warrant invitation to SE. And it was the fact then because the stats were not good enough even in a lower league.

It was me and some of us against Nerdie and a host of others then. I remember cautioning one of those in my group that if we are not careful some of us will never see anything good about the player no matter what. So we need to separate these things and not be biased.

When a player is doing well, say it as it is. If the player is not meeting up, say it as well.

Modified
If you are playing in a lower league you have to be among the best there. It has to be proven.

TheGoodJoe:

There is literally a campaign against Kelechi Nwakali here and it has nothing to do with his performance. Most who criticize are actually people that have watched nothing about him. It is not issue based but just pure negativity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:

Is SE in need of his skill set (dead balls, hold up play, pin point long passes etc)? YES

O pari.
Sincerely we need him in SE based on what we have but when there is contrary opinion it is hate on him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
If anyone feels another player is better, they should make their argument
Kog45:
Sincerely we need him in SE based on what we have but when there is contrary opinion it is hate on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:

O pari.

Next the haters crew will say you are hyping him too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
I still dey wait for who go accuse me of hyping Nwakali grin.
TheGoodJoe:

Next the haters crew will say you are hyping him too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:

Hate is when someone says Kelechi Nwakali is being hyped when no is hyping him.

If someone has a contrary opinion, the person should state it.

The person can say we do not need his attributes or there is a player that offer the attributes better than Kelechi Nwakali.

Any other thing is not logical in the debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:
I still dey wait for who go accuse me of hyping Nwakali grin.
your turn is coming 😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Hate is when someone says Kelechi Nwakali is being hyped when no is hyping him.

If someone has a contrary opinion, the person should state it.

The person can say we do not need his attributes or there is a player that offer the attributes better than Kelechi Nwakali.

Any other thing is not logical in the debate.
Southgate will come with he plays for relegation team, his team don't have money, he earn peanut e.t.c 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:
Wait. Who never play for SE for AFCON?
But Joe,yes Nwakali played in AFCON but what about the comparison to KDB and the temerity to say Nwakali is better than Amrabat?
Anyway make I talk my own, Moses Simon is better than Messi and Messi won't make our 1st 11 grin : shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:
I don’t think it all started that way. There was a time I argued that Nwakali has not performed to warrant invitation to SE. And it was the fact then because the stats were not good enough even in a lower league.

It was me and some of us against Nerdie and a host of others then. I remember cautioning one of those in my group that if we are not careful some of us will never see anything good about the player no matter what. So we need to separate these things and not be biased.

When a player is doing well, say it as it is. If the player is not meeting up, say it as well.

Modified
If you are playing in a lower league you have to be among the best there. It has to be proven.

However, if we need a player who has a particular attribute that we need, and he is not the best in Europe but the best among those in our team, he should be called up.

Saying he is playing in a low league is missing out the key point, which is the attribute he offers. That must be factored into the debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

But Joe,yes Nwakali played in AFCON but what about the comparison to KDB and the temerity to say Nwakali is better than Amrabat?
Anyway make I talk my own, Moses Simon is better than Messi and Messi won't make our 1st 11 grin : shocked

He brought a statistic and it is up to anyone who disagrees to counter with stats. Nothing else.

I am currently running the profiles of midfielders that can give you at least 1.8 to 2 accurate crosses per game.
I can only find two names for now:
Kelechi Nwakali
Kevin De Bruyne.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

PRO hyping…ANTI hating….but when logical one talk PRO take them up for saying negatives on Nwakili and ANTI take logical up for saying positives on Nwakili.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

He brought a statistic and it is up to anyone who disagrees to counter with stats. Nothing else.

I am currently running the profiles of midfielders that can give you at least 1.8 to 2 accurate crosses per game.
Kelechi Nwakali
Kevin De Bruyne.
I give up. Please cast your net far and wide for the profiles you are running.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

However, if we need a player who has a particular attribute that we need, and he is not the best in Europe but the best among those in our team, he should be called up.

Saying he is playing in a low league is missing out the key point, which is the attribute he offers. That must be factored into the debate.
Sir that’s short cut to eagles and such player will just relaxed cuz he has attributes that others don’t have…Nwakili just need to work more and good he is there now and nothing stopping him cuz he has the talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Abi Chidera ejike

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Abi Chidera ejike
I think Nwakali has earned a right to be called up to the team now but comparing him to KDB and putting down Amrabat is definitely an interesting position grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
That's the thing you make it sound as if people are beefing a player who has been doing averagely well for a couple of years while the reality is he hasn't exactly been anywhere noticeable to attract 'hatred'

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Kelechi Nwakali
Kevin De Bruyne.
Here we go again Nwakili segunda accurate passes rating compare to other midfielders in top leagues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:
Here we go again Nwakili segunda accurate passes rating compare to others midfielders in top leagues.

The league he plays in does not change the stat. You can say we can take the stat with a pinch of salt. I never saw anyone run down Mitrovic, Nathan Tella, or Akpom's championship stats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The league he plays in does not change the stat. You can say we can take the stat with a pinch of salt. I never saw anyone run down Mitrovic, Nathan Tella, or Akpom's championship stats.
Baba me no be division two fan so my judgement is always based on division one player,reason why I insisted Nwakili must move to division one then we talk and good he is there now,let’s keep on watching

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
chrisooblog:
That's the thing you make it sound as if people are beefing a player who has been doing averagely well for a couple of years while the reality is he hasn't exactly been anywhere noticeable to attract 'hatred'.

This is actually the point, it is about the attributes he brings to the Super Eagles. Tell me those doing exceedingly well for the last couple of years that offer better of the attributes Kelechi Nwakali offers.

Stick to the key subject of discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:
Baba me no be division two fan so my judgement is always based on division one player,reason why I insisted Nwakili must move to division one then we talk and good he is there now,let’s keep on watching

So, if we don't have a player in the division one that offers such attributes, we should neglect it? The point is simple, we need midfielders that offer other attributes to those we already have in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:

O pari.
If we stayed in this mentally defensible position. We'd be able to curb the thread page inflation.

But when people go about with inflammatory comparisons. What you have is open defecation everywhere
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
This all started with the Philosopher guy insinuating if Nwakali continues his good showing will dominate a midfield that contains Amrabat

Fair point

In comes the bone of contention:
Meliforme:

You are not exaggerating my good man.
Amrabat is a midfielder many admire, but i will tell you this:

Comparing Nwakali to Amrabat will fill you with admiration for the man Nwakali.
There are aspects of the game that I have found Nwakali to be ahead of Amrabat, because Nwakali is more technical.
Press resistance, defending and duels, long passes and crosses of the ball, dribbling etc, are areas Nwakali appears to be ahead.
Judging the abilities of both players, you will find Nwakali a more complete midfielder.

Let's jettison preconceived notions and face pure facts that are before us.
One would expect that this correction of Philosopher's admittance to him speaking under the influence of what — Patriotism?

Would be met with "pure facts" that was claimed

Meliforme:

Which records?
I beg you to please state the records

Amrabat will not enter Super Eagles first eleven with ease.

Alas, we did not see facts or records. Rather another dose of bold remarks. Or has any seen the facts or records?

Yet some want to spin it that there is a calumny of hate? I didn't know there were a bunch of housewives here angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14914) (14915) (14916) (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) ... (16553) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Kog45(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.