Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,809 members, 7,965,977 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12529356 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14915) (14916) (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) (14921) ... (16740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
chrisooblog:
I'm not an advocate of violence but omo the igbaju sweet my belle as e land for her face after all the trash talking and sneaky slaps/elbows from that Liz woman grin

The effrontery to claim we are chasing you to switch after hurling unprovoked insults at our team angry

It's how a 30-year-old girl could be telling such a huge lie about Nigeria wanting her to play for their basketball team. I like the reply from one official of our basketball association, he said it will be easier for an elephant 🐘but not a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for liz cambage to play for Nigeria..

When I saw that video of her assaulting, bullying and insulting people who should be her blood by home country, I instantly unfollowed her on all my social media pages

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

He brought a statistic and it is up to anyone who disagrees to counter with stats. Nothing else.

I am currently running the profiles of midfielders that can give you at least 1.8 to 2 accurate crosses per game.
I can only find two names for now:
Kelechi Nwakali
Kevin De Bruyne.
"He brought"

From where? Where's the proof? Pictures?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

So, if we don't have a player in the division one that offers such attributes, we should neglect it? The point is simple, we need midfielders that offer other attributes to those we already have in the team.
Pls name players who have the attributes we don’t have now in eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:
kelechi xavi nwakali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Scouts for club or any team for that matter must make a case with analysis and stats. The question, is the player proven? will always come up.

If you are not proven in a top league, at least be proven in a lower league.

Well, I guess we are saying the same thing

TheGoodJoe:

However, if we need a player who has a particular attribute that we need, and he is not the best in Europe but the best among those in our team, he should be called up.

Saying he is playing in a low league is missing out the key point, which is the attribute he offers. That must be factored into the debate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hahaha I cannot speak to that.

Maybe you can argue on specific attributes

AndSunGorilla:

But Joe,yes Nwakali played in AFCON but what about the comparison to KDB and the temerity to say Nwakali is better than Amrabat?
Anyway make I talk my own, Moses Simon is better than Messi and Messi won't make our 1st 11 grin : shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:
Scouts for club or any team for that matter must make a case with analysis and stats. The question, is the player proven? will always come up.

If you are not proven in a top league, at least be proven in a lower league.

Well, I guess we are saying the same thing

if u never chop try go arrange food chaw mk u get strength cus u go argue tire today

Also buy locozade and glucose near body

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Me I get work.

But hopefully the time go reach when we go fit compare Nwakali to one of the best midfield playmakers in the world.

charlesemeka85:
if u never chop try go arrange food chaw mk u get strength cus u go argue tire today

Also buy locozade and glucose near body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
BREAKING: Chidozie Awaziem at #FCNantes it's dead!

Boavista wants to take advantage of the player as late as possible before the end of the transfer window and delays the transfer!

The file being uncertain, the leaders preferred to look into other avenues...

#copied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Boavista wants to take advantage of the player as late as possible before the end of the transfer window and delays the transfer!

#copied
I for fear 😨, thought Awaziem was dead,who go replace am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

He brought a statistic and it is up to anyone who disagrees to counter with stats. Nothing else.

I am currently running the profiles of midfielders that can give you at least 1.8 to 2 accurate crosses per game.
I can only find two names for now:
Kelechi Nwakali
Kevin De Bruyne.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joebie:
Wait. Who never play for SE for AFCON?
amedino has brought it to my attention earlier. Make i go edit am. My point still stands without that part sha. 😎

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:
Here we go again Nwakili segunda accurate passes rating compare to other midfielders in top leagues.

There are attributes league quality can never take away from a player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

continue smoking kush
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

Whenever sentiments reign supreme, lies are inevitable.

Referring to Nwakali, your lies:
Someone has not played for SE in even an afcon,

The truth was presented to you, but you lost it
You gave a good explanation for your lies when you said:
I have to lose it.

Funnier it was when you insistently declared and i quote:
I must lose it...

That part was an error on my part, Amedino don correct me. My point still remains the same regardless. And i maintain everything else i said that you're trying to analyze to no avail here.

Will SE die if he isn't called?
Is he indispensable?

I've never been against his call up

Infact if you go 100pages back, you'll see me sitting on the fence and trying to calm those vehemently against his call up. But between then and now, I've seen a lot and i still maintain my stance

In a bid to hype his importance, it is totally delusional to talk down on Sofyan. C'est fini!

Stating this is not hating. It is a fact!!! I don't care what anyone else has to say, esp if they maintain this hating stance.

He's not the first, neither will he be the last!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Odunayaw:
This all started with the Philosopher guy insinuating if Nwakali continues his good showing will dominate a midfield that contains Amrabat

Fair point

In comes the bone of contention:

One would expect that this correction of Philosopher's admittance to him speaking under the influence of what — Patriotism?

Would be met with "pure facts" that was claimed

Alas, we did not see facts or records. Rather another dose of bold remarks. Or has any seen the facts or records?

Yet some want to spin it that there is a calumny of hate? I didn't know there were a bunch of housewives here angry

You are mixing things up and that makes it quite difficult for me to get what you are saying.
You need to calm down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
charlesemeka85:

#copied
abeg edit this thing. I don fear say him done die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Odunayaw:
"He brought"

There are many sites you can pull that from.
Sofascore is very popular around here. I will pull some images from there.

Please wait....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Amedino99:
abeg edit this thing. I don fear say him done die.
na translation no fear 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
daveP:

That part was an error on my part, Amedino don correct me. My point still remains the same regardless. And i maintain everything else i said that you're trying to analyze to no avail here.

Will SE die if he isn't called?
Is he indispensable?

I've never been against his call up

Infact if you go 100pages back, you'll see me sitting on the fence and trying to calm those vehemently against his call up. But between then and now, I've seen a lot and i still maintain my stance

In a bid to hype his importance, it is totally delusional to talk down on Sofyan. C'est fini!

Stating this is not hating. It is a fact!!! I don't care what anyone else has to say, esp if they maintain this hating stance.

He's not the first, neither will he be the last!!
u still Dey answer person wey say dessers is better than Haaland 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

There are many sites you can pull that from.
Sofascore is very popular around here. I will pull some images from there.

Please wait....

Bro's I like your stance on this Nwakali matter, bit dead this talk it's becoming stale in the midst of things,

Let him show himself in Portugal then we can hype him to heavens, He can bring this and that will take him nowhere if all he brings is for small teams, and in Under Top 5 leagues

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

You are mixing things up and that makes it quite difficult for me to get what you are saying.
You need to calm down.
What mix up? Show me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

What make league quality?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Alllnigeriasoccer.com has been told that Nigeria U17 international Usman Ajibola has landed in France ahead of the start of trials with French Ligue 1 club Lille.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Enyimba vs Al ahly Benghazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9Xnm4lF-Q

I’m so f*cking impressed with this performance wowowowowow

When you think of this you’ll know super eagles are trying for playing away all through at afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Meliforme:

There is one goalie in my area in our local league, that guy is good. Make I suggest am for invitation?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kog45:

The point is very simple. We need a player who has the quality of Mikel to dictate play with passes. Watch the clip posted of Kelechi Nwakali in the last game and watch him control and dictate play.

I don't know any midfielder in the current Super Eagles squad that dictates play with passes. That is why I feel Kelechi Nwakali is needed to add that extra attribute to the team we have.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
komekn:

Not too long ago many said the Championship was a farmer's league.

Meanwhile 3 games and he is doing marvelously well, don't you think that's a bit premature.

The Championship is not a sprint but a marathon, don't be over zealous with unmerited praise be objective.
So, what exactly is your point? I can't see the correlation between what you quoted and your response.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
charlesemeka85:
u still Dey answer person wey say dessers is better than Haaland 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don lose am. See towel for inside ring. I don meuve🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The point is very simple. We need a player who has the quality of Mikel to dictate play with passes. Watch the clip posted of Kelechi Nwakali in the last game and watch him control and dictate play.

I don't know any midfielder in the current Super Eagles squad that dictates play with passes. That is why I feel Kelechi Nwakali is needed to add that extra attribute to the team we have.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the here and now saying Nwakali shouldn't be in our midfield

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Odunayaw:
"He brought"

Check the right hand side of the image below to see sofascore's summary of Kelechi Nwakali's passes stats.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Sir extra attributes should not be only yardstick for invitation.Nwakili performance in the league should get him invitations and he has kick start based on reports here.

Did you see anyone saying Nwakili should not be invited but the discourses started with Nwakili better than Amrabat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14915) (14916) (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) (14921) ... (16740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.