Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,699 members, 7,948,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12423620 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14989) (14990) (14991) (14992) (14993) (14994) (14995) ... (16668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
quality ko

He isn’t better than osimhen,bony,awo or even Moffi
well he's as good as awo and better than moffi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
Curtis Jones future Liverpool star
okay, yea heard he has Nigerian blood in him

Decent enough but doubt he will accept to play for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
well he's as good as awo and better than moffi
you lie

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
you lie
hahaha you can check stat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
no be the same solanke wey I Dey watch for epl?

I am not saying he is a bad player, I even think he is better than Akpom but not better than the others I mentioned in my response to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
you lie
just checked and England has capped him on 2017 as a 75th-minute substitute in a 0–0 draw against Brazil so he can't play for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
we don’t need strikers anymore

What we should be looking out for are midfielders (mostly CMs and CAMs) and center backs

Also goalkeepers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:

What we should be looking out for are midfielders (mostly CMs and CAMs) and center backs

Also goalkeepers
check the above
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
just checked and England has capped him on 2017 as a 75th-minute substitute in a 0–0 draw against Brazil so he can't play for us
that was a friendly game

He can still switch to us but we no want. Mk em check well em go get blood ties to any of Scotland, wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿Or Ireland 🇮🇪 through his mom 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nigeriagood:
check the above
I no Dey check 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Welcomme: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
ChrisKels:
Taiwo Awoniyi is becoming too religious in the game for my liking. You lot should learn to keep your religions away from the game.
The first time Ronaldo will ever make the sign of the cross after a goal/celebration was in Saudi Arabia. So how do you mean by saying Awoniyi is becoming too religious? All these Brazilian players nko?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the same way Zambia won it too 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Baba from 90-2000 African super powers then were Cameroon,Egypt,Nigeria and Ghana( to an extend)

Others like Tunisia,Morocco,CIV,Zambia,SA,Algeria etc were decent teams but below average
That is not teuw sir. Algeria made it to the 82 WC and put up a very decent performance, Morocco in 86 recorded Africa's first qualification past the WC group stage in Mexico 86, Zambia went and stunned the world at the Seoul 88 Olympics. Believe it or not Nigeria was never guaranteed to run over the so called minnows back then, I remember how we struggled against Angola in 1989 world cup qualifiers. Only SA wasn't involved because they were ostracized from the sporting world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

That is not teuw sir. Algeria made it to the 82 WC and put up a very decent performance, Morocco in 86 recorded Africa's first qualification past the WC group stage in Mexico 86, Zambia went and stunned the world at the Seoul 88 Olympics. Believe it or not Nigeria was never guaranteed to run over the so called minnows back then, I remember how we struggled against Angola in 1989 world cup qualifiers. Only SA wasn't involved because they were ostracized from the sporting world.
I said from 1990-2000
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I said from 1990-2000
CiV won ANC in 92, SA won in 96 with a solid team of Mark Fish, Radebe, Khumalo, Phil Masinga, and mind you after 94 Yekini's career was almost winding down with the Eagles with injuries and all. We all saw how Zambia played against us in 94 even after losing almost all their squad in that ill-fated air crash,, Tunisia was probably at their best then.. Morocco then with Naybet and Hadji were no pushover sir. I rest my case.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
No Nigerian referee made it to the AFCON 2024 referee list.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Also goalkeepers
I just don’t know what went wrong with Mikel,his retirement was too early and fact if he is still playing in championship or somewhere in Arab world or MLS,with this issue of CM and CAM,straight I will give him a recalling.The guy still look fitter and people were questioning is it true he has retired after legendary match between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
zicky:
oga sir APOTY is a big deal oh. 1999 was the last time a Nigerian player won it. For me Osimhen winning the APOTY put him on a different level.
I remember Ikpeba won APOTY…
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:
I just don’t know what went wrong with Mikel,his retirement too early and fact if he is still playing in championship or somewhere in Arab world or MLS,with this issue of CM and CAM,straight I will give him a recalling.The guy still look fitter and people were questioning is it true he has retired after legendary match between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
Make una allow Mikel enjoy em retirement..he has tried.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
yes of course. He is already tagged as one of the best strikers in the world currently and winning the Apoty will elevate he’s status more

Not winning a major trophy with Nigeria can’t and won’t rob him of he’s achievements
Ask Messi what World Cup meant to him.Fact most Argentines refused to give him due respect before he won WC.

Osimehn winning Afcon and qualifies eagles to WC would be a landmark for his status.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
Truidstar:
Make una allow Mikel enjoy em retirement..he has tried.
My point is clearly enough baba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:
I just don’t know what went wrong with Mikel,his retirement too early and fact if he is still playing in championship or somewhere in Arab world or MLS,with this issue of CM and CAM,straight I will give him a recalling.The guy still look fitter and people were questioning is it true he has retired after legendary match between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
mk we allow obi to enjoy he’s money abeg

He has done his part and no be every footballer go play till 38-40

Baba Dey chill now drinking beer and flexing which his profession denied him during he’s playing days

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:
Ask Messi what World Cup meant to him.Fact most Argentines refused to give him due respect before he won WC.

Osimehn winning Afcon and qualifies eagles to WC would be a landmark for his status.
it added more to his name but not winning it wouldn’t hv robbed him of his goat status

He was already regarded as one of the goats that hv ever played the game many years ago before his World Cup achievement with Argentina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:
I heard that he balled wella in that game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
We cannot have Carney Chukwuemeka because he is also eligible to play for Austria if he doesn't secure England call up.
We don't need Madueke now.
We need Adarabioyo and Lesley Ugochukwu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:

I think is family was a big reason why he retired at the time. There were rumours at the time that his partner wasn't exactly pleased with the Kuwait move and didn't intend to move with him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
Yekini won just one AFCON and failed to score in both Semi finals and finals of that AFCON win.
Yekini statpaded teams like Ethiopia, Gabon etc.
Yekini has just one tap in World cup goal. Missed a sitter against ten men Italy. Abeg rest!
Many watched Yekini live here ooo.

Oshimen is just 24 years old and has not even been to any AFCON as a starter yet.
Please rest all this talk! He was the highest goal scorer at the World cup qualification.
Unfortunate to lose out on away goal rule against Ghana without most of our top midfielders available for that game.
Please rest all this full potential crap.
He still has 3 to 4 AFCONs to go.
Icon4s:

Yes, I quite agree. Osimhen is hardly yet to achieve anything with the national team.
Osimhen is just one goal short of Yakabu, three short of Odegbami and 17 short of Yekini. Barring any dip in form or long term injuries, he is looking on course to overtake Yekini.
...........but, just like many others, I still feel he is yet to attain his full potential for the national team. The Principe and Sao Tome games really helped his career. I don't know how many of such teams he will face for the rest of his career. Yekini was scoring braces against highly rated teams like Ivory Coast and Algeria back then. Osimhen is yet to taste any world cup action and yet to play in any AFCON final let alone to win it.

I still believe if Yekini was playing in today's football he will be ahead of Osimhen in the national team pecking order.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
zuchyblink:
We cannot have Carney Chukwuemeka because he is also eligible to play for Austria if he doesn't secure England call up.
We don't need Madueke now.
We need Adarabioyo and Lesley Ugochukwu
Adarabioyo yes, ugochukwu no for now because we hv also a young onyedika who is better than him

Chukwuemeka being eligible to play for Austria doesn’t mk him not eligible yo play for us as well, he will be the one to mk the choice if he doesn’t mk the grade to play for England, moreover Nigeria is a better footballing country than Austria 🇦🇹

We need Madueke who will serve as a good understudy/cover to Samu. He is younger and should be the perfect replacement for samu
When he is injured or out of form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
I prefer Tella to Madueke. Tella will definitely play for us and not as injury prone!
charlesemeka85:
Adarabioyo yes, ugochukwu no for now because we hv also a young onyedika who is better than him

Chukwuemeka being eligible to play for Austria doesn’t mk him not eligible yo play for us as well, he will be the one to mk the choice if he doesn’t mk the grade to play for England, moreover Nigeria is a better footballing country than Austria 🇦🇹

We need Madueke who will serve as a good understudy/cover to Samu. He is younger and should be the perfect replacement for samu
When he is injured or out of form

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
lovewins:

I think is family was a big reason why he retired at the time. There were rumours at the time that his partner wasn't exactly pleased with the Kuwait move and didn't intend to move with him.

Mikel should come back from retirment like roger milla did
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Marjoribanks:
I prefer Tella to Madueke. Tella will definitely play for us and not as injury prone!
I didn’t put tella up cus I knw he is ours already just matter of time

I only mentioned those who re yet to switch allegiance to us. For sure tella is better than Madueke

When tella gets an invite I think he will be more likely to battle lookman and Simon for a starter’s shirt than Samu who is the only left footed winger we can currently boast of but Madueke will be a like to like replacement for samu which solely depends on the tactical dimension the coach wish to apply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kog45:

The thing tire me o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Got you. At Leverkusen and Southampton, Tella plays on the right!
charlesemeka85:
I didn’t put tella up cus I knw he is ours already just matter of time

I only mentioned those who re yet to switch allegiance to us. For sure tella is better than Madueke

When tella gets an invite I think he will be more likely to battle lookman and Simon for a starter’s shirt than Samu who is the only left footed winger we can currently boast of but Madueke will be a like to like replacement for samu which solely depends on the tactical dimension the coach wish to apply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14989) (14990) (14991) (14992) (14993) (14994) (14995) ... (16668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.