Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987978 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Messi was one of the best in the World when he burst into the scene. In few years he was the best player in the World. So that was not a case of given youngsters chance. He was the best. Rashford ain't the best. If you get what I am saying.
but at a club like Chelsea he wouldn't have been given the chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Conscience na

Concise on what?... He's talking about getting player of u17 then said they are u14...and I now ask what stop him from getting real u14 in Nigeria, then export them to UK...

Is it a crime?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
The way some people tremble whenever the name *Rashford* is mentioned here would tell even the blind who is better presently. I blv KC will bounce back but I'm afraid Leicester is a bad place to be right now with their kick/follow style.

Rashford had his chance served on a platter? Chai I can be patriotic but not preposterous, Rashford got his chance and seized it. Injury knocked off those above him, then, he was called up to fill in, he grabbed the little opportunity with both hands and since then, hasn't looked back. He never had it so easy though u can call him a lucky guy just because of how the first opportunity to play for the first came his way.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Why is there no mention of Kenny Otigba. I don't think Troost-Ekong had a better stat prior to his invitation to SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oh did you say real u14?

soetanoreoluwa:

Concise on what?... He's talking about getting player of u17 then said they are u14...and I now ask what stop him from getting real u14 in Nigeria, then export them to UK...

Is it a crime?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
Danielnino00:
This Rashford and Iheanacho comparison is totly unnecessary IMO.. Both are very talented but Rashford was just much more luckier than Kelechi.. If not for an injury crisis that made Van Gaal hand him him Man utd debut,he'd probably still be in the reserve team or maybe on loan already cause Mourinho isn't the type of coach that likes giving youth players chance.. he prefers to go for the ready made players.

If Kelechi had the same kind of opportunity at city he might be on a better level than Rashford now. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in Shakespeare's boring football system

#My2Cent

Had I seen this post in time, I wouldn't have dropped mine.

Nothing beats saying things the way they are, unlike having them embellished in whatever...as a tool to win an argument that is even purely academical

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
but at a club like Chelsea he wouldn't have been given the chance

The chance at Chelsea young players do not get is the chance to grow. Messi at a young age was phenomenal. Did not need that room to grow. He burst into the scene and took over. While Rashford is being groomed at the club. Messi would have played.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Leyqute(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bla Bla Bla.... Man Utd bullcrap!!

Last time I checked I don't see Rashford in the top 5 even of EPL's deadliest forwards....

But that list has Gabby Jesus topping it now, Followed by Aguero... and guess who comes next? Iheanacho... oya cringe again... cheesy

Rashford better indeed... Hahahahahahahahaha.... what do you expect to hear from EPL core apologists and man Utd faithfuls? The truth? grin grin

Is Iheanacho better or deadlier than Harry Kane? ROMELU Lukaku? Jamie Vardy? Diego Costa? Alvaro Morata?

We know Iheanacho as a bright prospect but don't over exaggerate things. At the moment he's struggling to get a starting berth at Leicester. No sensible coach leave a good player on the bench. If your favourite position is occupied you can still make do with another position in the team.

If Iheanacho is as deadly as you tout him to be, he'd be a regular at Leicester.

And don't play the race card, Okazaki, Mahrez aren't British but theyre a core part of the team.

Iheanacho is good but he won't make the top 10 deadliest attackers list in the EPL.

I even thought you were joking at first

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
You are being serious right?... shocked Awesome talent you gat there Man. Come on now.... what's stopping someone speaking up for you? There got to be someone in your family or among friends or relations who can help out somehow no matter how small... don't you think....

Besides is this where you see yourself headed Big time?

solonnachi:

Thank you very much Sir. I had this talent but presently looking for sponsors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dopeJemi: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bla Bla Bla.... Man Utd bullcrap!!

Last time I checked I don't see Rashford in the top 5 even of EPL's deadliest forwards....

But that list has Gabby Jesus topping it now, Followed by Aguero... and guess who comes next? Iheanacho... oya cringe again... cheesy

Rashford better indeed... Hahahahahahahahaha.... what do you expect to hear from EPL core apologists and man Utd faithfuls? The truth? grin grin

I don't see iheanacho's name in the top 10 best young talent in the world, I don't see iheanacho's name among the nominees for the golden boy award, I didn't see iheanacho's name when Ronaldo mentioned the top 7 players in the world that can take over from him when he retires

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

YOU ARE WRONG.

Rashford parents are from the Caribbean, his entire family background is black. And from Wythenshawe and the neighbourhoods of Moss Side, Hulme in Manchester.

Doesn't matter where you are from as long as you are not white you are black full stop.

Things are changing you are black you will face discrimination. However money has no colour. If you can produce then you will be on the ascendancy.

Rashford is not better than Tammy but he is in a team that will give youth players a chance. I have already talked about the dynamics at Chelsea race and nationality have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

The most influential person outside of Roman in Chelsea football club is EMENALO a former Nigerian international a black African.

There is no hype about Rashford he was simply given an opportunity and he seized it. If KC was at Manchester United he would certainly be a regular. There are different dynamics in each club.

A few months ago I was opportuned to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea U18. I was shocked the entire Chelsea team was black apart from the goalkeeper.

Chelsea is an international team on a lot of occasions they may not field one English player. So your perceptions and deductions are totally wrong.

Lukaku was not given a chance at Chelsea after hus move at 18 from Anderlecht, the rest as we say is now history, arguably the best striker in the premiership.

Across the top level if the EPL in thier academies there is now a racial bias in favour of strong, fast, athletic, technical players. Which simply means Black African origin players. I have had complaints from white players and thier associates saying. " You got to be black to get in, it's so unfair "
a kind of reverse racism.

If I didnt have conscience I would fly to Benin city pick out 3/4 top youth players of U17 from the various youth academies. Get them to England declare them as U14 and nurture them, put them through the system and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank and so will they.
Isn't he of Tanzanian descent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Never seen this moniker before so I can guess where it came from... but I Love your question because I have the perfect answer for it.

In all honesty... looking at all these players and their all round plays and contributions... come on now Brother... ask yourself this... is it fair comparing Guys with years of experience at the top with a lad like Nacho who is starting out? huh?

But I will still answer nonetheless.... wink

Better than Kane? No way!

Better than Lukaku? Come on man .. where did you get that? Are u ok? Nada... at least not yet...

Better than Vardy? Okay now... give me a break.. what part of NO don't you understand.. The N or the O? still not yet.. Vardy is 30.. Nacho is 20... come on !

Better than Morata? Chaaiiiii... morata? shocked Give Nacho a break...kid is U-21 dammit! cheesy

Look... I have said this before many pages ago and I will say it again.... I am not saying he is better than those strikers or even Kun Aguero... nope...

But I am saying he got something they (except Aguero) don't have... and that is the reputation of being among the top three deadliest forwards or strikers in the EPL based on goals per mins ratio... and that my friend is the koko... not who dribbles better or who does backlifts better or who got more pace or who does more snake bites or roulettes... or who moonwalks better... wink

It is about who scores at a more clinical rate.... and the job of strikers is to score goals. That is the hallmark of a striker or forward.

Tu comprends? smiley

Leyqute:

Is Iheanacho better than Harry Kane? ROMELU Lukaku? Jamie Vardy? Diego Costa? Alvaro Morata?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin grin grin

Onigbinde Blames NFF For Abraham’s Nigeria Switch Saga
3 September 22, 2017 10:18 am
Onigbinde Blames NFF For Abraham’s Nigeria Switch Saga

By Izuchukwu Okosi:

Former Super Eagles coach Adegboye Onigbinde has blamed the Nigeria Football Federation for the publicity mess of the international allegiance negotiation with Swansea loanee forward, Tammy Abraham, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

A picture of the Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick with the Swansea loanee from Chelsea went viral on Thursday prompting football personalities to express their opinions on the development.

Tammy Abraham put out a statement hinting he is still available for international football in the colours of England following efforts by the Nigeria Football Federation to have him switch allegiance to Nigeria

“Yes, we should beg them since there is no meaningful, functional developmental programme at home in Nigeria. It’s the football Federation’s fault here,” Onigbinde said furiously during an exclusive chat with Completesportsnigeria.com on Friday morning.

“If we have had functional development programme, no player would be in position to take Nigeria to ransom. Ideally, the nucleus of the national team should be home-based.That is what I have always said, but nobody seems to be interested in taking that piece of advise.

“Why won’t the young man make the statement on social media. I do not really blame him. What happens to the many talents in the Nigerian league back home. There are good players of Nigerian descent abroad quite alright but it seems they are practically begged to represent Nigeria now.

“South Africa came to beat us on our ground with nine home-based players in their lineup, and we got the result we deserved with our foreign based players,” the football technocrat concluded.

The Super Eagles squad list for the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Zambia in Uyo is expected to be released next week.

--completesportsnigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Seriously - how is Iheanacho better than Rashford?? Just asking (p.s I'm an Arsenal fan)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hmmmmm... another quote on this rashford ish... seems I hurt. a lot of man Utd fans today... loll... na wa ooo.. make una calm down naa... cheesy

Last time it was Mikel that brought scores of monikers to this thread now, it is Nacho and rashford... Hahahahahahahahaha.... I see a trend... wink

Anyway....

But he made The Top 10 in the Golden boy awards last year... wink

He made the UK Telegraph's prestigious list of world's best 50 young players U-21... a list topped by Mbappe and Donnarumma.

He also makes the Top 3 of the EPL's deadliest forwards in terms of Clinical scoring ratios.

And yes I saw that interview by CR7... good for him... I didn't read or see him mention Gabby Jesus, Paul Pogba, Harry Kane, Paulo Dybala, or even Marco Veratti or Isco... does it mean they are sh**ty too? cheesy
Recall Rinaldo also said "and some others"..

Ohhh it is because he mentioned Rashford huh? Same Ronaldo who went to man mark Iheanacho himself for a last minute cornerkick for Man City in the 2015/2016 UCL semi 2nd leg in the same period that Nacho was commanding stats which made him the Deadliest and most clinical forward in Europe... lol

Oga... tell me something else.

dopeJemi:

I don't see iheanacho's name in the top 10 best young talent in the world, I don't see iheanacho's name among the nominees for the golden boy award, I didn't see iheanacho's name when Ronaldo mentioned the top 7 players in the world that can take over from him when he retires

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
edi287:
Seriously - how is Iheanacho better than Rashford?? Just asking (p.s I'm an Arsenal fan)

True talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oga, it's mostly subjective. Rankings etc. For us here we will keep ringing about the minute to goal ratio because that stat no be beans, and it supports our argument

You don't go to a Man U thread and say a damn thing about any of their special players and get away scott-free.

This is a pro-Nigeria thread. Should a Ghanian come here and say any trash about our players, he will get enough rain of abuses.

Anyone who comes here and chooses to talk down on our players should not expect a different treatment. If you really think Rashford is better you can keep that argument within yourself, else expect anything here.

Just as England holds dearly their own, we also hold dearly ours.

But let's call a spade, a spade. Iheanacho is class. He has scored more goals for Nigeria than Rashford has for England. And Rashford will most likely never win a senior international trophy. But guess who definitely will, before he hangs his boots? grin

So if you like keep using England celebrated ManU as your yardstick. Now, does it hold?

dopeJemi:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
Which part of the phrase "just returned from a troubling injury" don't you understand mister?

And I just told you he is top 3 deadliest/most clinical in the EPL and you are saying he doesnt make Top 10... shocked Don't you read?

Why do you guys of the EPL fans club love running on half truths and turn blind eyes to the whole truth? Smh... waste of time explaining further.. next plss...

Leyqute:

Is Iheanacho better or deadlier than Harry Kane? ROMELU Lukaku? Jamie Vardy? Diego Costa? Alvaro Morata?

We know Iheanacho as a bright prospect but don't over exaggerate things. At the moment he's struggling to get a starting berth at Leicester. No sensible coach leave a good player on the bench. If your favourite position is occupied you can still make do with another position in the team.

If Iheanacho is as deadly as you tout him to be, he'd be a regular at Leicester.

And don't play the race card, Okazaki, Mahrez aren't British but theyre a core part of the team.

Iheanacho is good but he won't make the top 10 deadliest attackers list in the EPL.

I even thought you were joking at first

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dopeJemi: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmmmm... another quote on this rashford ish... seems I hurt. a lot of man Utd fans today... loll... na wa ooo.. make una calm down naa... cheesy

Last time it was Mikel that brought scores of monikers to this thread now, it is Nacho and rashford... Hahahahahahahahaha.... I see a trend... wink

Anyway....

But he made The Top 10 in the Golden boy awards last year... wink

He made the UK Telegraph's prestigious list of world's best 50 young players U-21... a list topped by Mbappe and Donnarumma.

He also makes the Top 3 of the EPL's deadliest forwards in terms of Clinical scoring ratios.

And yes I saw that interview by CR7... good for him... I didn't read or see him mention Gabby Jesus, Paul Pogba, Harry Kane, Paulo Dybala, or even Marco Veratti or Isco... does it mean they are sh**ty too? cheesy
Recall Rinaldo also said "and some others"..

Ohhh it is because he mentioned Rashford huh? Same Ronaldo who went to man mark Iheanacho himself for a last minute cornerkick for Man City in the 2015/2016 UCL semi 2nd leg in the same period that Nacho was commanding stats which made him the Deadliest and most clinical forward in Europe... lol

Oga... tell me something else.

iheanacho is so good he is playing from the bench at Leicester City, fncking Leicester City, Rashford will walk into their first team

best young talents in the world, kelechi is missing, gold boy nko, kelechi is missing, nobody calls kelechi anymore when they talk about the best young talents in the world, if you say kelechi is better than rashford then he is also better than mbappe, dembele, Asensio because these are players rashford is being compared with
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Never seen this moniker before so I can guess where it came from... but I Love your question because I have the perfect answer for it.

In all honesty... looking at all these players and their all round plays and contributions... come on now Brother... ask yourself this... is it fair comparing Guys with years of experience at the top with a lad like Nacho who is starting out? huh?

But I will still answer nonetheless.... wink

Better than Kane? No way!

Better than Lukaku? Come on man .. where did you get that? Are u ok? Nada... at least not yet...

Better than Vardy? Okay now... give me a break.. what part of NO don't you understand.. The N or the O? still not yet.. Vardy is 30.. Nacho is 20... come on !

Better than Morata? Chaaiiiii... morata? shocked Give Nacho a break...kid is U-21 dammit! cheesy

Look... I have said this before many pages ago and I will say it again.... I am not saying he is better than those strikers or even Kun Aguero... nope...

But I am saying he got something they (except Aguero) don't have... and that is the reputation of being among the top three deadliest forwards or strikers in the EPL based on goals per mins ratio... and that my friend is the koko... not who dribbles better or who does backlifts better or who got more pace or who does more snake bites or roulettes... or who moonwalks better... wink

It is about who scores at a more clinical rate.... and the job of strikers is to score goals. That is the hallmark of a striker or forward.

Tu comprends? smiley

People do not get that those stats are made for life and shows Nacho is a clinical finisher. All he needs now is to find a manager who suits his pattern and who will gain exceptionally from Nacho's quality.

Simple, the young man is a lethal finisher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
dopeJemi:

iheanacho is so good he is playing from the bench at Leicester City, fncking Leicester City, Rashford will walk into their first team

best young talents in the world, kelechi is missing, gold boy nko, kelechi is missing, nobody calls kelechi anymore when they talk about the best young talents in the world, if you say kelechi is better than rashford then he is also better than mbappe, dembele, Asensio because these are players rashford is being compared with

Continue arguing. I remember years ago having this kind of Argument for Diego Forlan when he was a young lad at Manchester United. Many screamed how useless he was and that he was on the bench. I was fortunate to watch Forlan in Nigeria 99 and I knew the young man was quality.

On the bench is not career defining. There was a time Mascherano and Tevez were on the bench in West Ham. Football is a dynamic game. Not static. Rossi went from on the bench in Manchester United and Newcastle into one of the most lethal forwards in Europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
EPL is the new Kolonialism grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
dopeJemi:

Anybody comparing Rashford with Asensio must be high on Kunu. Please go and Google Asensio vs Macedonia during one of the U21 games and tell me Rashford can even dream of such performance.

This is the hype I am talking about. Because Manchester United gives him playing time, he is the real deal since Giggs.

Allow the young man work hard for his future. Leave the hype.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
*yawns* I didn't even bother finishing this crap you wrote down there...

I stopped when you said "bench again"... like seriously ... this guy didn't have a preseason and in hia first game for them had an assist for the winning goal and moments later, he picks up a toe injury... wow! he only just made his first start last week against Huddersfield I think... so what is your problem? cheesy

Shakes and the club have been working so hard to get Nacho into the best physical shape and up his fitness level because of the injury and because he was behind in fitness and physical conditioning having not had a preseason... or you wanna throw that out the window?

U think the club will risk starting a player who is still building his fitness levels... na wa ooo... don't you understand some science in the beautiful game? or maybe you just watch Man Utd with some popcorn and coke and shout goals and don't give a hoot about some other aspects of the game.

He got his first start against Huddersfield.. and he played in an U-23 game before that to help build his fitness level. I personally gave Nacho a timeline of this Month end till early october to be almost ready or at 100% physically and fitness wise... So why don't you give him a break? and also try to be holistic in your views of Nacho's situation instead of just blabbing because you wanna defend your beloved Rashford... lol

dopeJemi:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dopeJemi: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Oga, it's mostly subjective. Rankings etc. For us here we will keep ringing about the minute to goal ratio because that stat no be beans, and it supports our argument

You don't go to a Man U thread and say a damn thing about any of their special players and get away scott-free.

This is a pro-Nigeria thread. Should a Ghanian come here and say any trash about our players, he will get enough rain of abuses.

Anyone who comes here and chooses to talk down on our players should not expect a different treatment. If you really think Rashford is better you can keep that argument within yourself, else expect anything here.

Just as England holds dearly their own, we also hold dearly ours.

But let's call a spade, a spade. Iheanacho is class. He has scored more goals for Nigeria than Rashford has for England. And Rashford will most likely never win a senior international trophy. But guess who definitely will, before he hangs his boots? grin

So if you like keep using England celebrated ManU as your yardstick. Now, does it hold?

what is that international trophy kelechi will win before rashford? Nigeria's lack of quality strikers is the reason why kelechi can start for the eagles, was it not ighalo that led the line against Cameroon, fncking ighalo

in a team that has vardy, Harry Kane, Rashford still starts, in a team that has ibrahimovic, Lukaku, martial, rashford still starts but when it was just Aguero and Wilfred bony, Kelechi couldn't start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ronaldo didn't even mention Dybala sef... so does it also mean Rashford is better than Dybala... I laugh oooo

TheGoodJoe:

Anybody comparing Rashford with Asensio must be high on Kunu. Please go and Google Asensio vs Macedonia during one of the U21 games and tell me Rashford can even dream of such performance.

This is the hype I am talking about. Because Manchester United gives him playing time, he is the real deal since Giggs.

Allow the young man work hard for his future. Leave the hype.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Bonyyyy? shocked shocked shocked Nacho got a few starts here and there naa and even became CITY's Second choice striker by displacing Bony... na wa oooo..

dopeJemi:

what is that international trophy kelechi will win before rashford? Nigeria's lack of quality strikers is the reason why kelechi can start for the eagles, was it not ighalo that led the line against Cameroon, fncking ighalo

in a team that has vardy, Harry Kane, Rashford still starts, in a team that has ibrahimovic, Lukaku, martial, rashford still starts but when it was just Aguero and Wilfred bony, Kelechi couldn't start

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dopeJemi: 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
*yawns* I didn't even bother finishing this crap you wrote down there...

I stopped when you said "bench again"... like seriously ... this guy didn't have a preseason and in hia first game for them had an assist for the winning goal and moments later, he picks up a toe injury... wow! he only just made his first start last week against Huddersfield I think... so what is your problem? cheesy

Shakes and the club have been working so hard to get Nacho into the best physical shape and up his fitness level because of the injury and because he was behind in fitness and physical conditioning having not had a preseason... or you wanna throw that out the window?

U think the club will risk starting a player who is still building his fitness levels... na wa ooo... don't you understand some science in the beautiful game? or maybe you just watch Man Utd with some popcorn and coke and shout goals and don't give a hoot about some other aspects of the game.

He got his first start against Huddersfield.. and he played in an U-23 game before that to help build his fitness level. I personally gave Nacho a timeline of this Month end till early october to be almost ready or at 100% physically and fitness wise... So why don't you give him a break? and also try to be holistic in your views of Nacho's situation instead of just blabbing because you wanna defend your beloved Rashford... lol

I'll like you to put your money where your mouth is

iheanacho won't start as much games for Leicester City as rashford will for Man Utd

500 dollars

I am tired of long epistles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
ChrisKels:
The way some people tremble whenever the name *Rashford* is mentioned here would tell even the blind who is better presently. I blv KC will bounce back but I'm afraid Leicester is a bad place to be right now with their kick/follow style.

Rashford had his chance served on a platter? Chai I can be patriotic but not preposterous, Rashford got his chance and seized it. Injury knocked off those above him, then, he was called up to fill in, he grabbed the little opportunity with both hands and since then, hasn't looked back. He never had it so easy though u can call him a lucky guy just because of how the first opportunity to play for the first came his way.

Under Pellegrini, Iheanacho also grabbed his opportunity with both hands, feet and teeth. Even when Guardiola took over and Aguero got suspended, Iheanacho took his opportunity well. Guardiola just wants something different. A bit too deep for my understanding.

Guardiola actually prefers Gabriel Jesus to Aguero.

I am like Pep explain because I do not understand.

If Pellegrini did not go, this argument would not even happen. Kelechi Iheanacho was a perfect fit for Pellegrini. That is what I like about Pelz. His transformation of Guiseppe Rossi and Forlan was legendary. Sharp and direct chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dopeJemi: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bonyyyy? shocked shocked shocked Nacho got a few starts here and there naa and even became CITY's Second choice striker by displacing Bony... na wa oooo..

does this dispute my claim?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
Of course the Nations Cup. And who know's the World Cup possibly. We all know that England will never win the Euros or World Cup in our lifetime. Even they know it.

lol Ighalo

You want to trash the same guy who lighted the EPL, and was named player of the month at a time. Weren't some of your aforementioned present in the EPL at that same period? When Rashford faces his share of goals draught what will you say?

@bolded haha two different clubs. different coaches, different preferences. different circumstances. Flawed logic/comaprison. With England, what are Rashford's chances. A meager two goals in eleven international caps?

dopeJemi:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
On point!!!

TheGoodJoe:

Under Pellegrini, Iheanacho also grabbed his opportunity with both hands, feet and teeth. Even when Guardiola took over and Aguero got suspended, Iheanacho took his opportunity well. Guardiola just wants something different. A bit too deep for my understanding.

Guardiola actually prefers Gabriel Jesus to Aguero.

I am like Pep explain because I do not understand.

If Pellegrini did not go, this argument would not even happen. Kelechi Iheanacho was a perfect fit for Pellegrini. That is what I like about Pelz. His transformation of Guiseppe Rossi and Forlan was legendary. Sharp and direct chances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.