Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987970 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
dopeJemi:

I don't see iheanacho's name in the top 10 best young talent in the world, I don't see iheanacho's name among the nominees for the golden boy award, I didn't see iheanacho's name when Ronaldo mentioned the top 7 players in the world that can take over from him when he retires
His name was mentioned but it was silent buahahaha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kelechi is being hyped? But the stats don't say so. 7 goals out of 11 international caps is no hype. Compared to Rashfords 2 out of 11 (coincidentally). EPL goals per minute ratio is not a hype. We have a sound argument. You can have your argument, but you won't win here anyway.

You will definitely win in English threads for sure.

Chrismario:

Bro,,,, you cant win dis kind of argument here.
You know why? Kelechi is a god here grin
He's being hyped here since time immemorial, say anything against him here, many will call you hater.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
When I told you to put a ring on it you were forming bad guy... now see? Anyway... just wait for me in the parlour first... I dey come.... grin

........... away from The O pari master.....

Sir TheGoodJoe.... seems our names don reach Man Utd thread oooo.... I just got a mention and I was kinda surprised to see I got a mention in the European section... lol

Honestly speaking I have never for one day or even a second set eyes on that thread.... looolll... but today of all days we have been mentioned... me who no even get EPL or European club sef... looollll... .Seems our super Eagles ministry is spreading... grin cheesy

Some Dollophead (forgive me for this Sir BascoVanVeli... I just had to) in the Man Utd thread called Mystic01 or Should I say mysticcrap... says you (TheGoodJoe) and I are one and the same.... loolll.... Calls us the most stewpid guys on NL for speaking the stats on deadliest/most clinical/most prolific in the EPL based on current stat reports....

But almost Everyone knows that if no man or woman here on NL sports can tell the difference between TheGoodJoe and TheSupernerd.... then that fella must indeed be the most lobotomised Dollophead I have ever heard of..... good lord! cheesy

Icon79:
Say what

Please say it isn't so! angry angry angry sad sad

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
Iheanacho's record internationally will continue to dwarf Rashford's. We can start from the U17s if you will, until now.

See you at the end of the current EPL season. Because even on that basis, we will have the last laugh.

eph12:

His name was mentioned but it was silent buahahaha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Never seen this moniker before so I can guess where it came from... but I Love your question because I have the perfect answer for it.

In all honesty... looking at all these players and their all round plays and contributions... come on now Brother... ask yourself this... is it fair comparing Guys with years of experience at the top with a lad like Nacho who is starting out? huh?

But I will still answer nonetheless.... wink

Better than Kane? No way!

Better than Lukaku? Come on man .. where did you get that? Are u ok? Nada... at least not yet...

Better than Vardy? Okay now... give me a break.. what part of NO don't you understand.. The N or the O? still not yet.. Vardy is 30.. Nacho is 20... come on !

Better than Morata? Chaaiiiii... morata? shocked Give Nacho a break...kid is U-21 dammit! cheesy

Look... I have said this before many pages ago and I will say it again.... I am not saying he is better than those strikers or even Kun Aguero... nope...

But I am saying he got something they (except Aguero) don't have... and that is the reputation of being among the top three deadliest forwards or strikers in the EPL based on goals per mins ratio... and that my friend is the koko... not who dribbles better or who does backlifts better or who got more pace or who does more snake bites or roulettes... or who moonwalks better... wink

It is about who scores at a more clinical rate.... and the job of strikers is to score goals. That is the hallmark of a striker or forward.

Tu comprends? smiley

Only you is just arguing with yourself. What should we make of the highlighted because it negates your previous arguments in the same post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Looollll... it has become just "my reasoning" now eh? cheesy

Not EPL site's or whoscored or Sqwuaka's reasoning abi? wink

Just classic... and you talk of Gabby Jesus being deadlier... loolll... the article I have shown you in a previous post showed Kelechi was at a point even more clinical and deadlier than C.Ronaldo himself.... beat that! grin

Stats don't lie.... they don't show you the full story but they certainly don't lie.... especially when it is a matter of goals naa....

Tu comprends Mon Frere? cheesy

Leyqute:

Okay. I see your reasoning.

According to you, Gabriel Jesus is the deadliest striker in the EPL because he has the highest goal/minute ratio.

Dries Mertens has scored a goal every 96 minutes for Napoli. To you, he is more deadly than C. Ronaldo who scores a goal every 102 minute for Real Madrid. Heck, Gabriel Jesus is deadlier than Cristiano Ronaldo too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Kelechi is being hyped? But the stats don't say so. 7 goals out of 11 international caps is no hype. Compared to Rashfords 2 out of 11 (coincidentally). Goals per minute ratio is not a hype. We have a sound argument. You can have your argument, but you won't win here anyway.

You will definitely win in English threads for sure.

My above isn't all about international goal. I'm not blind, i know he's better than messi and Ronaldo when it comes international goals.

Like oga komekn always say, football has short memory.
No one remebers your yesterday, ask Bony wilfred,jese Rodriguez and host of others.

And yes, Kelechi is being hyped, I'm not trying to say that he's wowo player, Nop he is good to some standard but he iis being hyped in this particular thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Iheanacho's record internationally will continue to dwarf Rashford's. We can start from the U17s if you will, until now.

See you at the end of the current EPL season. Because even on that basis, we will have the last laugh.

You mean comparison between Nacho and Rash?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Another attention seeking Man Utd Babylonian.... Oga if you cannot comprehend "scoring at a more clinical rate"... I doubt you can engage me in a conversation on the beautiful game. Run along now... I got no time for passers-by.... smiley

eph12:

Only you is just arguing with yourself. What should we make of the highlighted because it negates your previous arguments in the same post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Work Permit Delays Amuzie’s Lugano Debut
1 September 21, 2017 12:55 pm
Work Permit Delays Amuzie’s Lugano Debut

By Johnny Edward:

Super Eagles left-back Stanley Amuzie is yet to make his much-awaited debut for his new Swiss League side FC Lugano because he has yet to procure his work permit, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Amuzie joined FC Lugano on a season loan deal from Italian side Sampdoria. He will play no part in their clash against Sion on Thursday due the work permit issue.

The former Nigeria U-23 defender has continued to shine in training for the Swiss club, and could be named in the squad for their weekend’s clash with Grasshoppers.

chaiii how many times nah. Abi nah LIBERO80)make you dey post am again, grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
For sure, I meant rash. Oh gosh does dusting/mentholated powder still work?!

eph12:

You mean comparison between Nacho and Rash?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Another attention seeking Man Utd Babylonian.... Oga if you cannot comprehend "scoring at a more clinical rate"... I doubt you can engage me in a conversation on the beautiful game. Run along now... I got no time for passers-by.... smiley

If Nacho is more clinical than other strikers, then you should have no problem saying he is better than them. After all, the primary duty of a striker is to score goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chrismario:

Bro,,,, you cant win dis kind of argument here.
You know why? Kelechi is a god here grin
He's being hyped here since time immemorial, say anything against him here, many will call you hater.
go to england thread and tell them moses is better than rashford and see

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Choose the speaker because the speaker mimicked the Voice... wink

Awwwwwwwwn... Safarigirl... come naa.. don't be shy... lol... my Joebie... Hahahahahahahahaha....

Joebie:
She said it in libero's voice hahahaha

Now who to choose, the voice or the speaker? hahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by imatalks: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
Statistics or no Statistics all i know is that if there's one African player that can fill the shoes of Samuel Eto' fils....it is Kelechi Iheanacho... with respect The prince of Monaco was only better than Rashidi Yekini in Club Statistics.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
maidaboi:
go to england thread and tell them moses is better than rashford and see

They may or may not but it wont change the fact that moses is no mate to Rash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kelechi has earned his name. When he started out with Man City under Pelegrini, was he hyped?

The point is we won't be conned at the antics of some powers that be. Kelechi has shown that he is class and no one will downgrade him just because Pep didn't give him a good run of games. After all, didn't Pep insist on a buy back clause?

Kelechi is special. And that's a fact! And there is no hype about that. Only special players begin their senior international careers with that kind of goals return.

Chrismario:

My above isn't all about international goal. I'm not blind, i know he's better than messi and Ronaldo when it comes international goals.

Like oga komekn always say, football has short memory.
No one remebers your yesterday, ask Bony wilfred,jese Rodriguez and host of others.

And yes, Kelechi is being hyped, I'm not trying to say that he's wowo player, Nop he is good to some standard but he iis being hyped in this particular thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
And is the primary duty of a striker not to score goals? undecided Who is this guy?

Is nacho more clinical? oh yes he is... look up the stats I put up in response to one of your EPL/Man Utd friends... I have said already that Stats tell a good part of the story but not the whole story... and stats do not lie. wink

Is he better than Harry Kane as an all-round player? No way will I say that... Kane has been at the top more than Nacho... and Kane has proven himself big time. Kane is more experienced.

Tu comprends... now scram! cheesy

eph12:

[s]If Nacho is more clinical than other strikers, then you should have no problem saying he is better than them. After all, the primary duty of a striker is to score goals[/s]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Bro, I am trying to oo. Didn't see the thread ... about a dude who sent a ring to his friend in Abuja? tongue

But looks like the long legged dudes are trying to outbid me. Anyway, it ain't ova until it's over!

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
When I told you to put a ring on it you were forming bad guy... now see? Anyway... just wait for me in the parlour first... I dey come.... grin

........... away from The O pari master.....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
At the end of the day, after all the bruhaha, if your international record is nothing to write home about, you are nothing IMO.

imatalks:
Statistics or no Statistics all i know is that if there's one African player that can fill the shoes of Samuel Eto' fils....it is Kelechi Iheanacho... with respect The prince of Monaco was only better than Rashidi Yekini in Club Statistics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Kelechi has earned his name. When he started out with Man City under Pelegrini, was he hyped?

The point is we won't be conned at the antics of some powers that be. Kelechi has shown that he is class and no one will downgrade him just because Pep didn't give him a good run of games. After all, didn't Pep insist on a buy back clause?

Kelechi is special. And that's a fact! And there is no hype about that. Only special players begin their senior international careers with that kind of goals return.

Ofcos i know all that.
Since pellegrini left City, Kc has been going downside. I pray he resurrects his career at Leicester.

Placing him above players that are doing much better than him at the moment isn't fair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Looooollll.... looks like you have fallen down the "pecking" order.... cheesy Work hard and Like TheGoodJoe will say... work hard, work on those drills... grin And hopefully you will make a comeback... But for now... sorry shaa... sad

Icon79:
Bro, I am trying to oo. Didn't see the thread ... about a dude who sent a ring to his friend in Abuja? tongue

But looks like the long legged dudes are trying to outbid me. Anyway, it ain't ova until it's over!

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
At the end of the day, after all the bruhaha, if your international record is nothing to write home about, you are nothing IMO.

That not so true tho it helps but not true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
U serious? shocked Shows further that this guy Rohr means more than business.... he always and always wants the progress of his finest players and proteges in the Super Eagles set-up... nice one smiley

BascoVanVeli:
Rohr was the one who made the phone call to help out Stephen Odey in his transfer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
Any player without a fulfilling international career will always feel empty. You can take that to the bank.

Chrismario:

That not so true tho it helps but not true

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And is the primary duty of a striker not to score goals? undecided Who is this guy?

Is nacho more clinical? oh yes he is... look up the stats I put up in response to one of your EPL/Man Utd friends... I have said already that Stats tell a good part of the story but not the whole story... and stats do not lie. wink

Is he better than Harry Kane as an all-round player? No way will I say that... Kane has been at the top more than Nacho... and Kane has proven himself big time. Kane is more experienced.

Tu comprends... now scram! cheesy

If you like throw tantrums that one no concern me grin

I'm just trying to agree with you and you're picking fight. Nacho has a better goal-minute record so he's better than other strikers, you say. No arguments from me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
Any player without a fulfilling international career will always feel empty. You can take that to the bank.

I agreed it helps but its not all.

Messi* and Eusebio comes to mind.

It helps but not all that matters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
When Kelechi was banging the goals at City was he revered above England youth players by the English press? No!

Think my brother. Let each one hold on to their stats and blow their own trumpets.

But don't forget this thread is dedicated to the Super Eagles, and Kelechi is King here because he already has 7 goals for us. Any other performance by the special lad na jara.

Chrismario:

Ofcos i know all that.
Since pellegrini left City, Kc has been going downside. I pray he resurrects his career at Leicester.

Placing him above players that are doing much better than him at the moment isn't fair

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eph12(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Joebie:
For sure, I meant rash. Oh gosh does dusting/mentholated powder still work?!

If you want to compare at the end of the season I can't stop you. As long as the coach can trust Nacho to play him first. He won't help your ministry from the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sir Joebie... I bet you that if Rashford was the one with Kelechi-like scoring stats The Man U and EPL fanboys will swing it like a double-edge sword and put it up our throats and shove it in our faces.... looollll

Even when it comes to International goals, Nacho trumps Rashford and here they are avoiding that route also.... Hahahahahahahahaha... bunch of Wailing dollopheads...... sorry I mean wailing Red devilheads... grin

P.S: Make no mistake about it... I got no EPL or European Club... so this is not hate. I even have a few favorite players in Man utd... I said that earlier to a certain Dope or something... what is his moniker again? (will check and modify)
*modified* DopeJemi smiley

I just hate it when Euro Club apologists cannot see past their club allegiances... lol... really myopic and irritating in soccer analysis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
haha Messi may not have won the world cup, but he's had quite a successful international career compared to many. But yet, at the same time, he does not feel he has achieved internationally. That even supports my argument. If there is anything that Messi needs badly, it is the World Cup trophy with Argentina.

Chrismario:

I agreed it helps but its not all.

Messi* and Eusebio comes to mind.

It helps but not all that matters

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Looks so, bro. But no worries .... my gems are on the way.

When it arrives, it would change thangz, believe me tongue

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Looooollll.... looks like you have fallen down the "pecking" order.... cheesy Work hard and Like TheGoodJoe will say... work hard, work on those drills... grin And hopefully you will make a comeback... But for now... sorry shaa... sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.