Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,356 members, 7,947,576 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12417646 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15627) (15628) (15629) (15630) (15631) (15632) (15633) ... (16666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:13pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Omeruo did the same thing during 2018 WC against Iceland.
He is good with long balls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:14pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
Frank the bulldozer 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Amokachi was calling him Onyekuru. I weak. But I love Amokachi. His positive vibe is infectious.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Haaa don't say this ooo. Kanu was good. The fact he didn't score Afcon goal does not diminish his impact. I remember then Kanu comes in and the dynamics of a game changes.

He's arguably the most intelligent attacker Nigeria has ever had. And to have battled that heart issue and play with such sleekness and power, Kanu had steel.
Sir,talking super eagles I don't rate him.

Papilo is a man I followed from Nationale,in fact against Ranchers Bees in 1992 FA cup match in Ilorin,I followed him with three of my friends to Circular hotel in Ilorin and had cool time with him,reason was his skill,came in from the bench and steal the show.

I respect him as a footballer and rated him as the best when we talk of our export to Europe and am waiting for Osimhen to beat that record.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:15pm On Jan 28
Blueelf:
@charlesemeka85, my headache has dissipated

I Forsee Angola defeating Nigeria 2:0

grin grin
😂😂😂😂 Get behind us!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 1:15pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
yea I knw. Also heard the brother was a good footballer even better than bassey but gang lifestyle didn’t allow him to concentrate

His brother was a youth player with watford
I thought his brother was a musician.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

He is good with long balls
Omeruo always showing that zeal in any tournament and I rate him highly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:17pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
If say Bassey grow for 9ja I swear that guy for be cultist 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Reminds me so much of Taribo West with the way he moves

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:
I thought his brother was a musician.
Yes a musician
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:19pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Reminds me so much of Taribo West with the way he moves
Bassey really surprised me and I want to give shout out to charlesemeka for always believing in him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:20pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Amokachi was calling him Onyekuru. I weak. But I love Amokachi. His positive vibe is infectious.
Oga make we just dey manage Amo Taxi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:21pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
he has been ok but not still comfortable with the ball on his feet

But person wey don surprise me for this competition na Ekong. The calmness and composure wey dey the guy body for this competition jus mk me Dey ask whether na the same ekong wey I knw Abi na em twin

The guy hv been flawless and composed. His balls out from our defense hv been top notch and world class. The guy is truly aging like wine 🍷

I was among those who didn’t want him in the team but with his performance so far he is still very important to the team atleast to the next afcon and World Cup

Another that deserves praise is Omeruo
Experience, that's what it does. This is his third Afcon. He's been to one WC. Has one Olympic bronze.

Experience is very important ooo. Shadow go make pikin dey cry. Papa go dey laugh because experience has taught him lessons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:22pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
and who be the keeper wey go mk the routine saves?
I will go with Leke. I don't know why you people think Uzoho is better than anyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 1:22pm On Jan 28
Una still dey find 3rd division Spanish RB to replace Osimhen?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28
WELCOME BACK TheSuperNerd

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:25pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Bassey really surprised me and I want to give shout out to charlesemeka for always believing in him.
Yeah charlesemeka85 is one of our respected contributors. Our FBs have channeled their in-born naija spirit and are playing with so much grit and power. Many people talk about Osimhen's pressing but Lookman dey press too ooo. As him body small, him Dey hustle from defence to attack

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28
TheSuperNerd:
I greet this house in the name of the Lord.

I am late and I am sorry. But I am here and what a weekend it is for Nigeria.

Peseiro, who I don't rate, has produced the best defensive setup I have ever seen the Super Eagles execute in the last couple of years. Kudos to him.

Aaah
Finally!
Welcome back the good Doctor @ bolded.. that right there is just an example of what sets you apart from a particular "Mr" here who never admits to anything.

This space just got more exciting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28
Reintroduction of Ekong into the team and lNwabali invitation brought real synergy to the team.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Yeah charlesemeka85 is one of our respected contributors. Our FBs have channeled their in-born naija spirit and are playing with so much grit and power. Many people talk about Osimhen's pressing but Lookman dey press too ooo. As him body small, him Dey hustle from defence to attack
Osimhen brings a lot to the team,he is the key whether he score or not,just check out Lookman first goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:31pm On Jan 28
Starboytwo:
Currently seeing the recap.

Mehn the true test of a central defender is when you come up against Osimhen.

Man will bring it to you so much you will work for that big salary and bonuses...
I'm just in awe of Osimhen. All I can say is thank God he is a Nigerian

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:35pm On Jan 28
ChrisKels:

He tore apart the Camerounian defense, especially Christoph Wooh and Gonzalez. Both became overly jittery at the sight of him and started committing errors
Even me wey no dey pitch, I could see fear in their eyes. They looked small around him (I don't mean physically) to the extent that I was telling the guy watching the match with me that these boys na small boys oo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28
owbabs:

I have a feeling Cape Verde will edge Morocco, maybe Pks, but still early talk.
You are 100% correct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:38pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

I'm just in awe of Osimhen. All I can say is thank God he is a Nigerian
I've said the same thing today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:38pm On Jan 28
Realmrsean:
make nwabali do comeback abeg, that uzoho na our nemesis
If Uzoho keeps, we will concede. Osasu said yesterday that JPes said he wants Nwabali back and the players want him back too. Nobody trust Uzoho even his teammates.

He should just be dropped. We need solid back up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28
owbabs:
Four more games to go.

Nigeria vs Cameroon
Nigeria vs Angola
Nigeria vs Cape Verde
Nigeria vs Senegal
I’m never doubting your football acumen again
You really know the game
This is what will happen
We’d definitely meet Senegal in the final

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 1:41pm On Jan 28
Last night on X (twitter) when the Cameroonians were lamenting on their space, a Nigerian was allowed to speak and this happened :

NIGERIAN: Comment tu t'appelles? We just came to make friends...

SPACE HOST: pls pls😠

NIGERIAN: Na you we beat, but una no be our problem, na those Ghanaians be our problem. You people no make mouth nau. Abi you make mouth?

HOST: NO!

NIGERIAN: Good. 😂😂😂

Nigerians are troublesome walahi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Even me wey no dey pitch, I could see fear in their eyes. They looked small around him (I don't mean physically) to the extent that I was telling the guy watching the match with me that these boys na small boys oo.
if I'm Cameroon CB, nobody can blame me oo.

I will just tell them, play against Osimhen make I see weda white man go fit sign you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:48pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Osimhen brings a lot to the team,he is the key whether he score or not,just check out Lookman first goal.
The whole of our attack is built around him. And the guy comes into the midfield and defence to put leg oo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:48pm On Jan 28
Starboytwo:
if I'm Cameroon CB, nobody can blame me oo.

I will just tell them, play against Osimhen make I see weda white man go fit sign you.
😂😂😂😂 He destroyed them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Oga,Osimhen is ahead of Kanu in eagle history and still has more records to break......I don't rate Kanu in eagles,my opinion.

I'm a real Orthodox football analysis who always center his point on Super eagles rating not club rating.
nawa to you bros 😳

I go start to dey see u as ikorodu version of komenk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:50pm On Jan 28
Koboko99:
Last night on X (twitter) when the Cameroonians were lamenting on their space, a Nigerian was allowed to speak and this happened :

NIGERIAN: Comment tu t'appelles? We just came to make friends...

SPACE HOST: pls pls😠

NIGERIAN: Na you we beat, but una no be our problem, na those Ghanaians be our problem. You people no make mouth nau. Abi you make mouth?

HOST: NO!

NIGERIAN: Good. 😂😂😂

Nigerians are troublesome walahi
I listened to it last night laff wan kii me

The Nigerian guy subtly humbled them 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:54pm On Jan 28
TheSuperNerd:
I'm good namesake.

Peseiro who I never rated going into the tournament is the same one giving me reasons to be excited.

What happened? He dropped that silly 442.

It was risky wating till this afcon to try a 3 man midfield for the first time but it worked. It was worth it. But trying the 343 is the true masterclass change I was waiting for. I suggested it much earlier that we should be going 3421 under JPes with the players we have on board and with Nwakali not in the picture.

3421 is 343 but with the wingers playing much closer to Osimhen.

So far, it is lookman who seems to understand the assignment of playing closer to his pointman.

Yeah. I remember you clamoring for 343. It worked. My overall top joy is seeing an attacking pair of 2013 kind replicated in this AFCON. This style should be a permanent template going forward.

More needs to be done for when Osimhen turns provider. Once he has the ball, green shirts should rush inbox for pass options. He's had 4 of such moments so far. Only 1 has turned to goal. Kudos to the assistants of Jpes too. It's the era where they're are key to our national teams cohesion, just like Waldrum's assistant too. I hope NFF are not going to press that forbidden red button with some silly acts anytime soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:55pm On Jan 28
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Football is all about good days and bad days.
His presence alone means alot regardless if the performance was great or not.
If you noticed Iwobi was defending and attacking

The opponents will always factor Iwobi as a threat so far he is on that pitch.
True. They factor his abilities even if he's not delivering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15627) (15628) (15629) (15630) (15631) (15632) (15633) ... (16666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lexyman(m), Sugarboyy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.