Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,357 members, 7,947,576 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12417646 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15628) (15629) (15630) (15631) (15632) (15633) (15634) ... (16666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:55pm On Jan 28
I like this comment. Some daft people are attacking Iwobi. The thing pain me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:56pm On Jan 28
M7even:

Very good display. He got tired but still effective. He was able to contribute to the second goal. The bench team understands why they could not substitute him. I am beginning to think players who played early in European academies have a better technical understanding. Look at the second goal, all starting from Bassey winning a freekick, and then himself, lookman and Iwobi doing the job to score the second goal. That was beautiful.
I want to see a 7.5 upwards sha. Abi is he on the Uzoho path? Cos shooting wey he sabi don turn hilarious thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Bassey really surprised me and I want to give shout out to charlesemeka for always believing in him.
bros Tnks. I am not among the best analyst here but when it comes to spotting raw talents I hv good eyes for that

From the very first day I saw bassey against arsenal playing for Rangers in a preseason game I knew that we hv a gem in our hands

Then he was still very raw but his talent were obvious. All he needed was good nurturing and I must commend Steven Gerard for giving him the opportunity to build on his game

Bassey is a superb talent and to me the best LCB in Africa. He is just 24 and yet to develop to his full potentials. Ajax goofed big time allowing him leave prematurely

Also remember i also warned all who hv been bashing Onyeka. Onyeka is not your xavi or iniesta kinda of midfielder but a dependable one who can be instructed to man mark any dangerous opposing midfielder just to render him useless and impotent

Another is onyedika, I pray soon he will hv enough chance in the team for you all to notice how good he is

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28
Koboko99:
Last night on X (twitter) when the Cameroonians were lamenting on their space, a Nigerian was allowed to speak and this happened :

NIGERIAN: Comment tu t'appelles? We just came to make friends...

SPACE HOST: pls pls😠

NIGERIAN: Na you we beat, but una no be our problem, na those Ghanaians be our problem. You people no make mouth nau. Abi you make mouth?

HOST: NO!

NIGERIAN: Good. 😂😂😂

Nigerians are troublesome walahi
Dem go later pursue us from this continent grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
nawa to you bros 😳

I go start to dey see u as ikorodu version of komenk
No wahala baba.....I have two Kanu in mind......one King Kanu Nwankwo of Ajax,Inter Milan and Arsenal and Kanu Nwankwo of Super eagles,I rate former highly but later no o😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
the reason is that they don’t produce this big bodied players anymore

Then, skill and talent wise we had it over them but they were too physical and robust when compared to our style of play

Also they can run for 120 mins nonstop
that endurance part especially. Chai. I fit call am PTSD sef. 😂😂😂 i watched the pain live.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28
komekn:

Complete footballer ⚽
will like to see him more in long freekicks too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:

Una still dey find 3rd division Spanish RB to replace Osimhen?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:01pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
bros Tnks. I am not among the best analyst here but when it comes to spotting raw talents I hv good eyes for that

From the very first day I saw bassey against arsenal playing for Rangers in a preseason game I knew that we hv a gem in our hands

Then he was still very raw but his talent was evident. All he needed was good nurturing and I must commend Steven Gerard for giving him the opportunity to build on his game

Bassey is a superb talent and to me the best LCB in Africa. He is just 24 and yet to develop to his full potentials. Ajax goofed big time allowing him leave prematurely

Also remember i also warned all who hv been bashing Onyeka. Onyeka is not your xavi or iniesta kinda of midfielder but a dependable one who can be instructed to man mark any dangerous opposing midfielder just render him useless and impotent

Another is onyedika, I pray soon he will hv enough chance in the team for you all to notice how good he is
Good to have all these guys,all na for super eagles glory.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 2:02pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
go back to your hole and continue resting 🥱

Sure , you don get mouth to speak ... I will be back weekend ... It's not a good bye , it's a see you soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:
I like this comment. Some daft people are attacking Iwobi. The thing pain me
the same iwobi I made many here to understand that he is the most important player in our midfield. His level of intelligence and awareness can’t be compared to any currently in our team

Bobo na Arsenal groomed player which is evident in his style of play. The very reason wenger trusted him and brought him to the first team when he wasn’t even among the best in his set playing for Arsenal’s youth teams

Wenger noticed his selfless style of football with good link up and one touch play. Iwobi hv always been a midfielder but I believe the reason he started his arsenal career as a winger was because of the stiff competition in Arsenal’s midfield then

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:06pm On Jan 28
Daninya33:
Angola will throw caution to the wind as they will come at us with everything they have from the blast of the whistle.

Their attacking style of play will be their bane.
I doubt. They will be scared. Their attack is all they have. Our defense biggest test will be against Morocco or Senegal. Angola should be the one cautious of our depth. Their gk isn't even good as ondoa. Both. Not saying they won't play. But they look unlikely to be the 1st team to make this solid defense crack down. Attack is mostly individual play.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
If say Bassey grow for 9ja I swear that guy for be cultist 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
his reply to that goal scoring problem is proof that this guy na uk ghetto boy. If na naija, he fit be cultist true true. He no send anybody. Not even Osimhen. Notice his reaction to iwobi fluffed chance. He just turn back like say nothing happen. The perfect "do your part, I'll handle mine" guy needed in every organization. He's also playful despite all that hard face😂😂😂

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:10pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Reintroduction of Ekong into the team and lNwabali invitation brought real synergy to the team.
initially I was against it but the guy don mk me eat my words. Ekong hv been too classy so far in the competition

To me he is the best CB in this competition so far

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28
ChrisKels:
Iheanacho deserves some good minutes against Angola.
Imagine a lineup that is difficult for Seniorman to enter. I never ever anticipated this considering how important he is to gwg attack sequence. But here we are.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28
daveP:
Imagine a lineup that is difficult for Seniorman to enter. I never ever anticipated this considering how important he is to gwg attack sequence. But here we are.
the honest reason why Nacho haven’t gotten a chance is because his poor work rate

With the formation the team hv been playing so far every player is expected to be on his toes till the final whistle

Also the reason Chukwueze is out of the starting 11 is his selfish style of play

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:16pm On Jan 28
Bassey made Ekambi useless in that game 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

I'm just in awe of Osimhen. All I can say is thank God he is a Nigerian
Italian mafian spirit don enter that guy, see the way he ginger the fans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
the honest reason why Nacho haven’t gotten a chance is because his poor work rate

With the formation the team hv been playing so far every player is expected to be on his toes till the final whistle

Also the reason Chukwueze is out of the starting 11 is his selfish style of play

Quite true. Simon has improved. Chuks saw shirt and didn't impress. Can't wait for

Tella
Daga
Nnadi
Tosin
Frederick
Akor
To join the team. Since he no wan show say he sabi drop AFCON standard performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 2:21pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
Bassey made Ekambi useless in that game 🤣🤣🤣
Ekong just made that Maggi boy reconsider his career choice.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28
daveP:

Quite true. Simon has improved. Chuks saw shirt and didn't impress. Can't wait for

Tella
Daga
Nnadi
Tosin
Frederick
Akor
To join the team. Since he no wan show say he sabi drop AFCON standard performance.
if you noticed in our first Abi second game in the group during one of the water break finidi called moses by the side and instructed him to be putting in crosses more than trying to dribble pass defenders

After that instruction his game hv improved

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:
Ekong just made that Maggi boy reconsider his career choice.
and what marvels me the most his how clean Ekong’s tackles hv been so far

His wealth of experience playing in top leagues like the epl and serie A over the years is obvious in this tournament

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28
daveP:

Tella
Daga
Nnadi
Tosin
Frederick
Akor
Fredrick’s never ready abeg. As a youth player he is doing well and shouldn’t be hurried to the super eagles

He needs to start playing mens football first. I would prefer any of Ogbu or Tosin instead for now

Same goes to daga

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28
daveP:

Tella
Daga
Nnadi
Tosin
Frederick
Akor
Chuckwueze needs a coach to sit him down and say why wasting this special talent.Chuckwueze should be a player to do it.I just don't know what is wrong with him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 2:28pm On Jan 28
gustav25:

Sure , you don get mouth to speak ... I will be back weekend ... It's not a good bye , it's a see you soon
You’re indeed shameless!!!

You better go help your team pack their left over belongings in Ivory Coast 🤣🤣

Bad belle dey kill ooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 2:29pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:

This tournament is tailor-made for Nigeria.
Ivory Coast should be able to knock Senegal out. At least that's the least they can do to reward their fans.

We should be able to win Morroco or Cape Verde easily.

I'm looking at a Nigeria vs Egypt final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:
Ivory Coast should be able to knock Senegal out. At least that's the least they can do to reward their fans.

if we meet Morocco dem go chop reach 3

I am not trying to be boastful but based on how they play. This our formation will easily destroy any attack minded team

The teams I believe will be tough nuts for us to crack is Senegal and Cape Verde

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Yeah charlesemeka85 is one of our respected contributors. Our FBs have channeled their in-born naija spirit and are playing with so much grit and power. Many people talk about Osimhen's pressing but Lookman dey press too ooo. As him body small, him Dey hustle from defence to attack

I've been to several yotu games in the UK where parent's are talking to their children in Yoruba and Igbo plus Warri pidgin giving their boys crucial instructions from the touchline.

Some of these boys speak 🗣️ fluently but have never been to Nigeria. And somebody here will think they are more Nigerian than them.

The assumption that because you were born in Europe and American,etc you are not strong is nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:

I don't see CIV beating Senegal it's going to be very tough but my money 🤑 is on Senegal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Chuckwueze needs a coach to sit him down and say why wasting this special talent.Chuckwueze should be a player to do it.I just don't know what is wrong with him.

Very simple it's the cultural dynamics of our football ⚽ where greater emphasis is placed on individual skill dribbling and self centered play.

Less on end product and football ⚽ intelligence.

Habit is the beginning of character.

A kind of misplaced complacency when everyone around you is telling you are great and better than Mbappe,etc. When in reality you have so much to Learn.

Admittance of failure is the beginning of success.

When you criticise these players the vast majority will tell you it's HATE.

Consider the hype around around Nwakali, people really believe here, that he is a top quality player when he simply is not. Essentially, because they have not considered the requirements for top level competitive football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 2:44pm On Jan 28
I’ll be in support of The NFF in giving Pasero more chance extended till World Cup , hopefully we qualify…

I can see he’s getting to gel the team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28
Princezibk:
I’ll be in support of The NFF in giving Pasero more chance extended till World Cup , hopefully we qualify…

I can see he’s getting to gel the team
the man now know his first team as well as starting 11

All he needs now is just more quality to fortify the bench/reserves as well as to hv more competition for a starters shirt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15628) (15629) (15630) (15631) (15632) (15633) (15634) ... (16666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.