Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,245 members, 7,894,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 10:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12105380 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16233) (16234) (16235) (16236) (16237) (16238) (16239) ... (16445) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:39pm On May 30
We should line-up this way come 7th of June.
3-2-2-2-1

............. Nwabali...........

.......... Tiaminu...... Bassey ...... Ajayi.......

....Sodiq Osayi.......

.......... Yusuf.... Ndidi........

.......... Iwobi..... Lookman........

............. Boniface............

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:50pm On May 30
grin

Honestly I like what Finidi is doing, cos Aina ain't on the List, some fans were quick calling for his head without making inquiry why he didn't make the List.

Shebi una happy to see your faves on the list, now they are getting replaced one by one by players on standby List.

That Ranger LB is a great player, coz he is playing in the NPFL shouldn't disqualify him from repping GWG.

Sanni is a fine dribbler, very good player with Akwa United. If he gets a nod, I expect fans to be blown off with his.skills.

Olawoyin, an outstanding AM for his club. A product of NPFL who also had repped GWG at CHAN level.

Finidi ride on, we stand by you.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:50pm On May 30
EEGA:
3-2-2-2-1

....Sodiq Osayi.......

This one looks haram formation.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:58pm On May 30
Nomyth:

Wow.

He pain me small but then, Al Ahly no be small team so kudos to the hoopers for dragging them all the way.

That was Al Alhy Libya.. the bigger Al Alhy is the Egyptian team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:34pm On May 30
EEGA:
3-2-2-2-1

....Sodiq Osayi.......

Ajayi will struggle in that position
Best to switch with Tiaminu
Is Tiaminu not a left footer ?
They will bully Yusuf off the ball
Onyeka should preferably play the box to box roll
With Onyeka and Ndidi pairing in the middle
I see us crushing teams lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:36pm On May 30
Napoleon55:

This one looks haram formation.
Replace Ndidi with Rapheal Onyedika if you want more of building from the rear, as he is the only midfielder who can comfortably drop to the defence(functioning as a DLP).

Yusuf starts as the perfect box2box midfielder, since Onyeka isn't available.He has the work rate.

This is a crucial WC qualifier game.You don't
just have to attack and attack.You must keep it tight at the back.

Sodiq Ismail is the only player in my starting line-up who have not played with the team before.

Aribo shouldn't be starting a game of this magnitude since he is yet to recover his form.

Raphael Onyedika and Ndidi should not start as a midfied pair.From our friendly against Mali, there seem to be no clear definition of roles.One should start ahead of the other.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:38pm On May 30
yinkeys:

Ajayi will struggle in that position
Best to switch with Tiaminu
Is Tiaminu not a left footer ?
They will bully Yusuf off the ball
Onyeka should preferably play the box to box roll
With Onyeka and Ndidi pairing in the middle
I see is crushing teams lol
I don't really think Onyeka is 100% fit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:38pm On May 30
EEGA:
Replace Ndidi with Rapheal Onyedika if you want more of building from the rear, as he is the only midfielder who can comfortably drop to the defence(functioning as a DLP).

Yusuf starts as the perfect box2box midfielder, since Onyeka isn't available.He has the work rate.

This is a crucial WC qualifier game.You don't just have to attack and attack.You must keep it trtight at the back.

Sodiq Ismail is the only player in my starting line-up who have not played with the team before.

Aribo shouldn't be starting a game of this magnitude since he is yet to recover his form.
Onyedika that wasn’t good in the third group Afcon game
Except he has improved in his club after the tournament
Maybe bring him on second half
Aribo wasn’t invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:42pm On May 30
yinkeys:

Onyedika that wasn’t good in the third group Afcon game
Except he has improved in his club after the tournament
Maybe bring him on second half
Aribo wasn’t invited
Ok.noted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:45pm On May 30
EEGA:
Ok.noted.
Towards the end of the season
Onyedika was scoring though
Maybe he’s improved
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:02pm On May 30
Oasis007:
grin

Honestly I like what Finidi is doing, cos Aina ain't on the List, some fans were quick calling for his head without making inquiry why he didn't make the List.

Shebi una happy to see your faves on the list, now they are getting replaced one by one by players on standby List.

That Ranger LB is a great player, coz he is playing in the NPFL shouldn't disqualify him from repping GWG.

Sanni is a fine dribbler, very good player with Akwa United. If he gets a nod, I expect fans to be blown off with his.skills.

Olawoyin, an outstanding AM for his club. A product of NPFL who also had repped GWG at CHAN level.

Finidi ride on, we stand by you.
Respectfully sir, have you seen Sani play a game before now sir,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:47pm On May 30
AndSunGorilla:

Respectfully sir, have you seen Sani play a game before now sir,

I have not but I watched some of his highlights on Oganla page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 8:00pm On May 30
do4luv14:

hehehehe 😁😁😁😁

make I sidon dey observe,

the Captain is back mehn 😎
E reach to ask na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:16pm On May 30
Oasis007:

I have not but I watched some of his highlights on Oganla page
Thank you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:18pm On May 30
So many big jobs were available and no one seemed to want Mourinho..
Na wa o
Na Guardiola boys full everywhere
Even Wayne Rooney got a job before Mourinho!!
Strange..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:36pm On May 30
lbrichman2:
Na wa o
Strange..

Maurinho does not make a player or team better. He just wins.
He does not change football at a fundamental level. His does not 8mprove a players tactical intelligence or technique. His players are like robots just following instructions to win.
Guardiola on the other hand makes a player intelligent and actually improves a team. Guardiola is not just winning trophies he is revolutionising football. Introducing new and innovative ideas like the inverted fullback.
Anybody can park the bus like maurinho but Guardiola view if football is more expansive and varied and intelligent.
Guardiola is a footballing institution and not just a medal winner.
Some coaches are popular not just because they win tropbut because they introduce innovations. If Guardiola does not win trophies he will still be respected for his innovations. Guardiolas vision of football goes beyond the simplistic need to win trophies. He is a visionary and innovator and he is re inagining football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:40pm On May 30
Philosopher1979:

Maurinho does not make a player or team better. He just wins.
He does not change football at a fundamental level. His does not 8mprove a players tactical intelligence or technique. His players are like robots just following instructions to win.
Guardiola on the other hand makes a player intelligent and actually improves a team. Guardiola is not just winning trophies he is revolutionising football. Introducing new and innovative ideas like the inverted fullback.
Anybody can park the bus like maurinho but Guardiola view if football is more expansive and varied and intelligent.
Guardiola is a footballing institution and not just a medal winner.
Some coaches are popular not just because they win tropbut because they introduce innovations. If Guardiola does not win trophies he will still be respected for his innovations. Guardiolas vision of football goes beyond the simplistic need to win trophies. He is a visionary and innovator and he is re inagining football

I agree with you
Mourinho didn't evolve with the times
That's why he is where he is..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:49pm On May 30
CaptainStephen:
E reach to ask na grin

E no even surprise me sef, naso this thread be,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:51pm On May 30
lbrichman2:

I agree with you Mourinho didn't evolve with the times That's why he is where he is..

You sure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:52pm On May 30
lbrichman2:
Na wa o
Strange..

Weytin Mourinho do you,

do you honestly think if he wanted to Coach again after Roma he won't get a job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:59pm On May 30
do4luv14:

Weytin Mourinho do you,

do you honestly think if he wanted to Coach again after Roma he won't get a job

I don't just think so.. I know so
You think Mourinho wouldn't have jumped at any of the big jobs that were opened if they wanted him?

He would definitely get a job but now he's being linked with clubs in Saudi and Turkey

So maybe yes, he would take those jobs if offered
But the big time?
Everyone seems to have moved past him..

I will however not rule out the fact that he can make a come back to the big leagues
But as we speak today, no big club is considering him and that says a lot..

Painful for me as a huge Mourinho fan
I have followed him everywhere since Chelsea
Now I never know where we dey go
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:27pm On May 30
lbrichman2:

I agree with you
Mourinho didn't evolve with the times
That's why he is where he is..

Wait o 🤣 are we talking about the same mourinho ??

You guys must be high on cheap wine 🍷 lol

Mourinho tell you say he they look for job ?

You’re telling me the coach Liverpool signed, coach Chelsea signed, and Tottenham coach are all better than mourinho 😂

If your name is not pep or ancelotti you have nothing on mourinho

Mourinho is one of the most popular coaches on the planet with more endorsements than pep and ancelloti combined

You’re telling me that a job will be difficult for him 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You guys sound like clowns 🤡 stop it

Vincent kompany is better than mourinho Omo things they happen for super eagles thread 😂

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:28pm On May 30
do4luv14:

You sure

Those guys are clowns no wonder this thread is dying full of dumb people with dumb debates and dumb takes Omo I’m in tears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:32pm On May 30
lbrichman2:

I don't just think so.. I know so
You think Mourinho wouldn't have jumped at any of the big jobs that were opened if they wanted him?

He would definitely get a job but now he's being linked with clubs in Saudi and Turkey

So maybe yes, he would take those jobs if offered
But the big time?
Everyone seems to have moved past him..

I will however not rule out the fact that he can make a come back to the big leagues
But as we speak today, no big club is considering him and that says a lot..

Painful for me as a huge Mourinho fan
I have followed him everywhere since Chelsea
Now I never know where we dey go
Lol

Oga boss calm down you’re not a mourinho fan so quiet
There there’s no big job that is available anywhere

Only Chelsea, bayern and barca, barca is a no go area

Chelsea is a has been (been there done that)

Bayern sacked tuchel for being clueless, sacked a great coach in Julian nagelsmann mid season for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

You expect the special one to go there 😂

You endorses finidi and amunike, rorh and peseiro to lead super eagles to promise land but you say the special one playing style is outdated 😂

You give yourself a sound slap 👋

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:03pm On May 30
Laliga club Sevilla among clubs interested in super eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:50pm On May 30
TheGoodJoe:

From what I have seen so far, it goes deeper than that. For instance, number to attack a space when pressing, depending on the shape of the opponents. Either way, Finidi wants to teach the players his philosophy of attacking (which is deep) and defending (which is also deep). The more they understand this, the better the team stands chances to win, based on his philosophy. This to him is more important to win than the formation itself.

I think it is a very brilliant take by Finidi.

For the following words in quotes "Finidi wants to teach the players his philosophy of attacking (which is deep) and defending (which is also deep)"

How did you know that those are Finidi's philosophy?

Even if they are, those words stem from confusion, because you saying it can't even explain it.

I just want to know if Finidi in any way made those insinuations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:56pm On May 30
We may not like to say it but as far as this transfer window is concerned, the topmost discussion associated with Osimhen is his Afcon performance. I know what he can do but imagine using just that as it is the latest underwhelming folder to use.

Who gets VO regardless might just cook and shut everyone up for good. He's still him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:08pm On May 30
I think the real issue is his cost, fitness and character. Even the club president complained about it! Guirassy, Jackson, Salah, Kudus etc were even worse at AFCON yet clubs want them!
He can't just stay fit for a long period of time. No team will spend such amount on such a player with this FFP crap!

He should have left last season when a lot of teams were looking for strikers.

My advise for him would be to remain at Napoli and remain fit! They would come for him next summer! All those average strikers would flop again!

Man United, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, PSG, Liverpool, Bayern etc will be back in the market for strikers!
daveP:
We may not like to say it but as far as this transfer window is concerned, the topmost discussion associated with Osimhen is his Afcon performance. I know what he can do but imagine using just that as it is the latest underwhelming folder to use.

Who gets VO regardless might just cook and shut everyone up for good. He's still him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:14pm On May 30
Finidi should play 4-3-3.

Osayi-----------Awaziem-------Ajayi---------------Bassey

........--------Onyeka/Onyedika ----Ndidi

-----------------------------Iwobi

-----Lookman-------------------------------------Boniface

---------------------------Iheanacho

Iheanacho as false 9 in an Havertz role will bring the best out of Mola and Boni! Iheanacho passing and striking technique will bring needed fluidity to our attack.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 11:36pm On May 30
daveP:

He should stay in Napoli, score 20+ goals next season and they will be back for him..
He's in a very strong position contract wise, he doesn't need to rush or try to force a move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:28am On May 31
CaptainStephen:

Where are his Moroccan team mates also?

I don't know, Capitan!

But, at least they've got one lad still doing it. For us?

Zilch!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:33am On May 31
Nomyth:

No need to sugar coat it, those foreign borns are second rate anybody that doesn't like that fact can go to hell.

Let's develop our youth system that is what has been working for us from the start instead of some players who see us as a fall back plan.

What's so special about these FBs if I may ask?

Of all the ones we've gotten, only Victor Moses was impactful and really worth it. Others have been just about average.

And of all that we have missed, only a handful went on to be world beaters .A whole lot of them hv been us dodging a huge bullet.

Reliance on FB is what is affecting Cameroon today, they have lost their identity as a team and no longer carry the fearsome reputation of time past because they've diluted the team with some overrated FBs.

Of all our players that made the AFCON team of the tournament, Ekong, Aina, & Lookman, none of them were Home bred.

So, what's your point?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16233) (16234) (16235) (16236) (16237) (16238) (16239) ... (16445) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Philosopher1979, Samueldodo781(m), elyte89, lbrichman2, BankyGee(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.