Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12004529 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16331) (16332) (16333) (16334) (16335) (16336) (16337) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:07pm On Jun 14
elyte89:

The new coach would need to be a bit strict and brutal ,

If I were to b d new coach,I will make sure all dis content creators we parade as players need to sit up or Dey re shipped out of d team; reduce / eliminate unnecessary interviews(camp rules will b tightened a bit)

Search for more dedicated players that re ready to spill deir last sweat on d pitch(we av so many players inching to be invited to showcase what Dey can offer)…presently we av too many comfortable, unprofessional and unproductive players in our team. That needs to stop 🛑 .

I hear Finidi is a gentleman

But that rough arrogant style of coaching, dishing instructions and talking to players doesn’t always work
Heard Carlo Ancelotti is exceptional with regards to man management
I don’t think he’d be yelling at players even though réal Madrid have the best legs in the game

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14
jihday:
Olympics is just around the corner, no way Renard is leaving France
That's true. Do we have any qualifiers match again this year? Atall. 2months is long sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:13pm On Jun 14
elyte89:

The new coach would need to be a bit strict and brutal ,

If I were to b d new coach,I will make sure all dis content creators we parade as players need to sit up or Dey re shipped out of d team; reduce / eliminate unnecessary interviews(camp rules will b tightened a bit)

Search for more dedicated players that re ready to spill deir last sweat on d pitch(we av so many players inching to be invited to showcase what Dey can offer)…presently we av too many comfortable, unprofessional and unproductive players in our team. That needs to stop 🛑 .
for a start the next coach need to throw Awaziem away, since 2017 or so he has never been a starter despite playing under 4 different coaches. His spot should be given to a younger and more productive defender

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14
9JAMac10:
Simone pls tell why awaziem is still being invited to the team. That man has been in the team a long time with little effort and progress
didn’t even see this before I made my own comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14
mekabuachi:

The guy is really good... looks like he can match Hugo broos tactical acumen....

Yes he can

He is the best for the job at this moment

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14
Katcall:
A Tanzanian journalist has warned against hiring him

Anyone with unbiased mind knows that the super eagles job is way bigger than amunike

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14
daveP:
That's true. Do we have any qualifiers match again this year? Atall. 2months is long sha.
Afcon qualifier starts by September

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14
humility33:

Anyone with unbiased mind knows that the super eagles job is way bigger than amunike
I’d like to believe Keshi wasn’t taken serious as a coach in Nigeria until he took Togo to the World Cup
Amunike helped qualify Tanzania that’s probably not a serious football nation to the Afcon in a long time they hadn’t done that
Amunike helped conquer the u17 tournament
I’m assuming he’s probably doing something on the side with regards to coaching in Spain
I think he can do something amazing with the eagles, some of them are products of the u17 process he managed or assisted in

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 1:40pm On Jun 14
It will be beautiful to watch tongue embarassed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14
joelsteron:
I’m shocked people still mention Nwakali grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14
MetalJigsaw:
I was thinking as much! So those two are still available and NFF ignore them? Wow

There's this other guy that once coached B/Faso to Afcon '13 final against Nig
I don't think Renard is available
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:46pm On Jun 14
MetalJigsaw:
I was thinking as much! So those two are still available and NFF ignore them? Wow

There's this other guy that once coached B/Faso to Afcon '13 final against Nig
I don't think Renard is available,
but he can be persuaded to take the job

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi: 2:00pm On Jun 14
joelsteron:

Add dele-bashiru too..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 2:04pm On Jun 14
Ppogbae:

Exactly. Apologies for the pessimism, hopefully we can AT LEAST get a playoff berth. But I'm hoping that Zim or Lesotho spoils SA's party.

We should forget about that playoff, na long thing. We need to win our next four matches at minimum. SA will still drop points that one I’m sure of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14
daveP:

Joe, this is not league football where time exists. Anybody that can't offer the Target should getat. And yet, waving magic wand in football exists. Do i need to explain this basic historical fact to you? It exist all around us. Same crop of players, diff managers(with limited time) but big results. Whatever happens after is not relevant as what will be remembered is you came, you saw and you conquered. Simple!!

The examples you're giving is pissing me off a little.

We missed tournaments but didn't come to win when we came back so we sef na example to use if the aim of that example is to show that MISSING OUT is no big deal. Lol. At the expense of teams like Benin and SA?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For the situation we are in now, i hate to repeat it but you're making me do

Amunike is NOT the Answer. He can't win 5/6 right now. Naaah. Beside, contrary to what you said, EVERYTHING is wrong with Finidi. We dey complain for white man too. So no be matter of preference for whoever. We screamed down Randy Waldrum's entire body frame when he was Messing up the female team till he downloaded sense. He has time. But for this very one, No Time to be using this volatile position to be finding lab scientists right now.

No one is the answer. The only answer is playing well and keep improving. Working on all factors to keep improving. Picking a sound coach is a start.

So using stakes and missing tournaments will actually keep us in the same position.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14
jihday:
No he didn’t

Explain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14
humility33:

But you preferred Finidi who is way smaller than Amunike in coaching. 😂

Please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:24pm On Jun 14
joelsteron:

Throwback.

My post immediately after the AFCON loss.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14
Onigbinde addressing National team problems in 80's.

https://x.com/OgaNlaMedia/status/1801570140674310399?t=Z1chIHxaUaibQ6NtjHvm9g&s=19

Modified: NL shortened the link. Quote post and extract link to watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14
Imagine Rohr and Peseiro could see a player like Onyedika and not identify he is a good talent.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 2:41pm On Jun 14
TheGoodJoe:

Throwback.

My post immediately after the AFCON loss.
Finidi made the mistake of playing both Ndidi and Onyedika in the same mid-field.The both failed to click as a double pivot.

Whenever they start together there is no clear definition of roles.

The pair did not click against Mali.

Against Mozambique a mid-field pivot of Onyeka and Onyedika clicked.

Our mid-field should have been Onyedika,Iwobi and Dele Bashiru.

or

Ndidi,Iwobi and Bashiru/Olawoyin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14
TheGoodJoe:
Imagine Rohr and Peseiro could see a player like Onyedika and not identify he is a good talent.

Fisayo did more for eagles with just 45 minutes and show more potential than onyedika did over a 2 year period

But you’re not ready for that conversation

If not for The goal against Benin onyedika was never in the conversation to begin with

If not for ndidi and onyeka sudden drop of form onyedika was never likely to make match day squad

Is this not the same paperweight onyedika at afcon ?

1 good game and all of a sudden he’s the next coming of Toni Kross

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14
jihday:
Afcon qualifier starts by September
I meant WCQ but thanks still. 🙌🏿
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:24pm On Jun 14
typicalgamer:

Fisayo did more for eagles with just 45 minutes and show more potential than onyedika did over a 2 year period

If not for The goal against Benin onyedika was never in the conversation to begin with

If not for ndidi and onyeka sudden drop of form onyedika was never likely to make match day squad

Onyedika was excellent against Mozambique.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 3:29pm On Jun 14
EEGA:
Onyedika was excellent against Mozambique.

Beyond excellent. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:46pm On Jun 14
typicalgamer:

Fisayo is an offensive midfielder and Onyedika is a deep lying playmaker. Comparing them is hilarious.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:51pm On Jun 14
Mujtahida:

Perception. How do our players perceive our local coaches? That's where local coaches fail or succeed. It's not about competence. It's perception.
God bless you. There you have it.
The summary of it all. The one and only reason a local coach will always struggle as a Super Eagles Gaffer unless he has godlike presence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14
EEGA:
Finidi made the mistake of playing both Ndidi and Onyedika in the same mid-field.The both failed to click as a double pivot.

or

I agree with the bolded but feel Kelechi Nwakali needs to be in the squad and pairing him with Onyedika needs to be experimented. Would like to see that in a friendly. But if we are not playing possession game, we have to shelve the idea.

I believe possession play is the way to go for the Super Eagles. I have seen enough of the "Rushians tactic" and I disagree with the Senior Super Eagles players that it is the ideal way to go.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14
EEGA:

or

Some senior Eagles players, most especially, Sylvanus Okpala, flirted with the idea of Nigeria needs to play all out offensive football.

I think I get the idea of it from Eguavoen and Finidi. Getting the ball forward as quick as possible and attacking at will.

With what I have seen, it leaves too much midfield gaps and makes it difficult to rearrange the team defensively when we lose the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14
EEGA:

or

I think the possessive way is the best for us and working with our best passers is the best way to achieve this. If that is the case, Onyedika and Kelechi Nwakali need to be experimented playing together.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:24pm On Jun 14
TheGoodJoe:

Can you explain the difference?
Mammals and dogs. Genus and specie. Fruit and orange. Do you understand now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16331) (16332) (16333) (16334) (16335) (16336) (16337) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.