Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987920 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16377) (16378) (16379) (16380) (16381) (16382) (16383) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:46pm On Jun 21
Kai I come here for update, I see say dem don start the tiki taka war. Make I run until next time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:54pm On Jun 21
Joebie:
Kai I come here for update, I see say dem don start the tiki taka war. Make I run until next time.

Who is nff talking to? To be d next super eagles coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21
yinkeys:

Onyeka
Ndidi
Iwobi
Yusuf
Should be taking accurate shots outside box 18 grin

What you cannot do week in week out in your club and league with consistent outstanding top level quality YOU WILL NOT DO IN THE NATIONAL TEAM.

How many career goals has Yusuf, Onyeka , Ndidi and even Iwobi scored.
And you think they will come to the SE and all of a sudden become prolific.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 3:05am On Jun 22
BankyGee:
Happy birthday to me everyone 🎂😌❤️

Happy birthday bro. Wishing you all the best in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:40am On Jun 22
Long life and prosperity bro
BankyGee:
Happy birthday to me everyone 🎂😌❤️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:46am On Jun 22
elyte89:

rumor says Thomas Saintfeit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:23am On Jun 22
jihday:
they will take another 3 months to hire a coach and still come up with rubbish. Ideally some persons in the glass house were supposed to lose their job for the shambolic way they went about hiring finidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:42am On Jun 22
Goke7:

I tell you o, we are kind of too hard on our players at times, makes me feel bad for ighalo back then.

Very true o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Katcall: 8:29am On Jun 22
“I call finidi”
The above statement by osimhen typifies the level of disrespect we have for our local coaches. Finidi is old enough to be your father. You address him with respect like I called coach finidi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi: 9:37am On Jun 22
jihday:

i really hope it's not true tho... just checked his stats that man is on a loosing streak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:52am On Jun 22
Katcall:
“I call finidi”
The above statement by osimhen typifies the level of disrespect we have for our local coaches. Finidi is old enough to be your father. You address him with respect like I called coach finidi
As an African man that part also got me feeling somehow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 9:53am On Jun 22
XshegzzyeeiX2:
The 2025 AFCON has been Postponed by 6 months! It will now be played in Morocco from 21 Dec 2025 to 18 Jan 2026.

CAF should rather have used this tournament to pick our representative.
Staggering qualifier for 3 years means some teams may loose form before the tournament proper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 10:51am On Jun 22
XshegzzyeeiX2:
The 2025 AFCON has been Postponed by 6 months! It will now be played in Morocco from 21 Dec 2025 to 18 Jan 2026.
I’m sure the competition will not hold on this dates, CAF is a confused entity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:32pm On Jun 22
yinkeys:

Onyeka
Ndidi
Iwobi
Yusuf
Should be taking accurate shots outside box 18 grin
Exactly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:34pm On Jun 22
Joebie:

Run but remember that tiki taka must perish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:05pm On Jun 22
lol can anything good come from them? They are back to their useless selves

elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:05pm On Jun 22
Na for here u wan perish am abi?

Mujtahida:

Run but remember that tiki taka must perish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:07pm On Jun 22
Philippines coach?
jihday:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22
All this useless tournament dates are the trademark of Motsepe tenure as CAF president. Wafcon 2024 in 2025?
AFCON during Christmas period? These guys are trying hard to make nff guys look like the lesser evil sooo bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22
Katcall:
“I call finidi”

Only an African elder would want someone younger than him to treat and address him like an elder

Seems some of y’all haven’t lived outside the shores of Nigeria

There’s no Ekaro sir for abroad

It’s a free world I’m surprised a 3rd world country is so adamant on respect and acknowledgment when there’s a bigger problem out there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22
typicalgamer:

Only an African elder would want someone younger than him to treat and address him like an elder

It’s a free world I’m surprised a 3rd world country is so adamant on respect and acknowledgment when there’s a bigger problem out there
Our culture of courtesy is not lesser than "abroad" especially seeing respect and acknowledgement doesn't debase or elevate anyone. Courtesy is not old fashioned

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:42pm On Jun 22
daveP:
All this useless tournament dates are the trademark of Motsepe tenure as CAF president. Wafcon 2024 in 2025?
AFCON during Christmas period? These guys are trying hard to make nff guys look like the lesser evil sooo bad.
They will have to decide if they are going to host it in a 4yr cycle or they don't care about the Europeans.

The Asian cup even though it is a 4yr cycle still holds in January like our AFCON and the Asians are not genuflecting for anybody
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:44pm On Jun 22
Controversy here
People now think Onyeka proved himself at Afcon and should be starting ahead of Ndidi
They say Onyeka’s work rate is unmatched
He just doesn’t shoot
They say he’s improved and now better than Ndidi in the past 6 months
Both players don’t shoot though
Is this true?
Is Onyeka > Ndidi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:49pm On Jun 22
Joebie:
Na for here u wan perish am abi?

Anyhow, it must perish!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22
zicky:
they will take another 3 months to hire a coach and still come up with rubbish. Ideally some persons in the glass house were supposed to lose their job for the shambolic way they went about hiring finidi.

I tell you d NFF people are hell-bent on destroying Nigeria's football, especially d tenure of this Guso may go down in history as d most worst.

Well what do we expect from a quota system country without recourse to merit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22
Katcall:
“I call finidi”

Why not goan give him a slap,

You don't respect your junior and you want him to respect you

Respect is reciprocate my bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22
Odunayaw:
Our culture of courtesy is not lesser than "abroad" especially seeing respect and acknowledgement doesn't debase or elevate anyone. Courtesy is not old fashioned

It’s outdated very very outdated

I’m not saying we should take the white mans religion of how they view respect

But common sense would make one not to get infuriated if a younger person did not address how you’re supposed to be addressed

When that said younger person has a lot of people speaking in his ear of how he’s the next best thing after the moon landing

We take such trivial stuff like how we’re addressed by the younger generation so seriously when most of us don’t have the titles that suit how we want to be addressed

Only basis is that we’re older than them

Some people expect Victor to say sir, baba my lord, his royal majesty then coach finidi.

You can clearly see the man is agitated just finidi is enough but we want to enforce our morals on everyone

Like I said before most of us haven’t lived abroad

Be a janitor in the uk in a school and how a student address you ( an example )

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:29pm On Jun 22
Onyeka's defensive midfield displays especially in the AFCON have dwarfed whatever Ndidi has done in the SE. Even though Wilfred has a bigger profile and a better goal scoring record (except in GWG) his defensive attributes have dropped. I don't necessarily want a goal scoring DM since we have enough attacking talent in the national team.

yinkeys:
Controversy here
People now think Onyeka proved himself at Afcon and should be starting ahead of Ndidi
They say Onyeka’s work rate is unmatched
He just doesn’t shoot
They say he’s improved and now better than Ndidi in the past 6 months
Both players don’t shoot though
Is this true?
Is Onyeka > Ndidi ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22
typicalgamer:

it’s our culture, don’t see a problem with that. We don’t have to copy the Europeans/Americans

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22
daveP:
Hayatou must be credited for how adamant he was about Afcon date, that January date was very sacrosanct to him, he never changed the date for anybody/anything despite the huge pressure from Europe/Fifa

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrYa: 3:45pm On Jun 22
typicalgamer:

It’s outdated very very outdated

I’m not saying we should take the white mans religion of how they view respect

But common sense would make one not to get infuriated if a younger person did not address how you’re supposed to be addressed

When that said younger person has a lot of people speaking in his ear of how he’s the next best thing after the moon landing

We take such trivial stuff like how we’re addressed by the younger generation so seriously when most of us don’t have the titles that suit how we want to be addressed

Only basis is that we’re older than them

Some people expect Victor to say sir, baba my lord, his royal majesty then coach finidi.

You can clearly see the man is agitated just finidi is enough but we want to enforce our morals on everyone

Like I said before most of us haven’t lived abroad

Be a janitor in the uk in a school and how a student address you ( an example )

(1) (2) (3) ... (16377) (16378) (16379) (16380) (16381) (16382) (16383) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.