Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001620 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16378) (16379) (16380) (16381) (16382) (16383) (16384) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 3:51pm On Jun 22
I suppose we could say that's unique to African elders. No problem with being unique.

And you need to stop this nonsense of condescending to others with the 'y’all haven’t lived outside the shores of Nigeria'. No be you go first go abroad. people don dey go abroad since 18 kokoro. Nigerians/Africans have communities that manifest in churches e.t.c. In these communities, these cultural values are in place, perhaps to a lesser degree.

Asians:Japanese, Chinese, Indians, e,t,c- have their cultural quirks too, sometimes similar in purpose to ours.

If you are frustrated that we are low on initiativeness as far infrastructural development e.t.c, fine. You are not alone in that feeling. However we need not pull down our structure of values for it. Others have prospered flourished economically and still hold those values dearly.
typicalgamer:

Only an African elder would want someone younger than him to treat and address him like an elder

Seems some of y’all haven’t lived outside the shores of Nigeria

There’s no Ekaro sir for abroad

It’s a free world I’m surprised a 3rd world country is so adamant on respect and acknowledgment when there’s a bigger problem out there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22
jihday:
it’s our culture, don’t see a problem with that. We don’t have to copy the Europeans/Americans

True
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:53pm On Jun 22
Odunayaw:
They will have to decide if they are going to host it in a 4yr cycle or they don't care about the Europeans.

The Asian cup even though it is a 4yr cycle still holds in January like our AFCON and the Asians are not genuflecting for anybody

I dunno why they have to kowtow. Pisses me off.

jihday:
Hayatou must be credited for how adamant he was about Afcon date, that January date was very sacrosanct to him, he never changed the date for anybody/anything despite the huge pressure from Europe/Fifa

I remember his strong head on the January too. E reach this one turn he dey do like say na SAFA na CAF. Smh. Besides, they got a FIFA exec as caf exec on tournament scheduling. That one no go reason better thing in caf favor as priority na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22
benji93:
I suppose we could say that's unique to African elders. No problem with being unique.

And you need to stop this nonsense of condescending to others with the 'y’all haven’t lived outside the shores of Nigeria'. No be you go first go abroad. people don dey go abroad since 18 kokoro. Nigerians/Africans have communities that manifest in churches e.t.c. In these communities, these cultural values are in place, perhaps to a lesser degree.

Asians:Japanese, Chinese, Indians, e,t,c- have their cultural quirks too, sometimes similar in purpose to ours.

If you are frustrated that we are low on initiativeness as far infrastructural development e.t.c, fine. You are not alone in that feeling. However we need not pull down our structure of values for it. Others have prospered flourished economically and still hold those values dearly.

You have a very valid point and I agree with everything you wrote 💯 percent

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:02pm On Jun 22
typicalgamer:

It’s outdated very very outdated

I’m not saying we should take the white mans religion of how they view respect

But common sense would make one not to get infuriated if a younger person did not address how you’re supposed to be addressed

When that said younger person has a lot of people speaking in his ear of how he’s the next best thing after the moon landing

We take such trivial stuff like how we’re addressed by the younger generation so seriously when most of us don’t have the titles that suit how we want to be addressed

Only basis is that we’re older than them

Some people expect Victor to say sir, baba my lord, his royal majesty then coach finidi.

You can clearly see the man is agitated just finidi is enough but we want to enforce our morals on everyone

Like I said before most of us haven’t lived abroad

Be a janitor in the uk in a school and how a student address you ( an example )
I watch podcasts where ex players come and they talk about their coaches. Even those who had a rough patch with their coaches talk with a certain courtesy even arrogant players like Ibrahimovic.

I don't know where you got your expectation but it's not outdated to respect elders. Even wild animals do that.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22
Kvara weytin sup na, why everywhere Dry like that biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22
do4luv14:
Kvara weytin sup na, why everywhere Dry like that biko
A whole king of Naples o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22
chrisooblog:
Onyeka's defensive midfield displays especially in the AFCON have dwarfed whatever Ndidi has done in the SE. Even though Wilfred has a bigger profile and a better goal scoring record (except in GWG) his defensive attributes have dropped. I don't necessarily want a goal scoring DM since we have enough attacking talent in the national team.

based on the conversion rates of the so called attacking talents, we might need even a goal scoring defender if we want to make it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22
typicalgamer:

It’s outdated very very outdated

I’m not saying we should take the white mans religion of how they view respect

But common sense would make one not to get infuriated if a younger person did not address how you’re supposed to be addressed

When that said younger person has a lot of people speaking in his ear of how he’s the next best thing after the moon landing

We take such trivial stuff like how we’re addressed by the younger generation so seriously when most of us don’t have the titles that suit how we want to be addressed

Only basis is that we’re older than them

Some people expect Victor to say sir, baba my lord, his royal majesty then coach finidi.

You can clearly see the man is agitated just finidi is enough but we want to enforce our morals on everyone

Like I said before most of us haven’t lived abroad

Be a janitor in the uk in a school and how a student address you ( an example )
Oyino dey respect their elders….Osimhen expression of words is the issue.He was damn too arrogant on his choice of words in that IG rants.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22
benji93:

Thank you my brother,I remembered entering metro train and saw white guys standing up for their elders to sit down but here some go dey tell us Oyinbo no get respect.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:57pm On Jun 22
benji93:

Japanese have a high culture of real respect but what we have is a respect for hierarchy. In Japan, everyone is respected regardless of class or social status.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22
mostob:
A whole king of Naples o

chaiii, no be king of nipples again??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22
Kog45:
Oyino dey respect their elders….Osimhen expression of words is the issue.He was damn too arrogant on his choice of words in that IG rants.

Why not spend all these resources to fish out the said (air claws) journalist or platform that spread the misinformation in the first place

But all agenda na towards osimehn why nobody is talking about who dropped the bomb in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22
Mujtahida:

Japanese have a high culture of real respect but what we have is a respect for hierarchy. In Japan, everyone is respected regardless of class or social status.

God bless you 10 fold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:16pm On Jun 22
Please stop misinforming people. There's social hierarchy in Japan too. A student would bow lower/longer in greeting a teacher in comparison to a fellow student for example. And please be careful how you use the word "real". There seems to be an underlying assumption that since the Japanese have flourished economically, their form of respect must be the real one. Very dangerous thought process, if that's what's going on here. The socialization of a people is not necessarily dependent on their economic strength. Their are areas for which they are independent. They may combine to produce some emergent behaviour, but you have to have good reasons for thinking certain manners or habits we cultivate are necessarily a product of both.
Mujtahida:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:24pm On Jun 22
In all of this politics of taking sides, i have a question. Did Finidi George truly say that 'He cannot beg Osimhen to play'?. is there an audio evidence or sth? Or is it just another report distorting facts to captivate an audience?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:25pm On Jun 22
jihday:
it’s our culture, don’t see a problem with that. We don’t have to copy the Europeans/Americans
To give respect to elders is not our culture only,
it's doing what is right,it's universal.

Let's not mind that guy that want us to think that he is that which he is not.
Even the Europeans and Americans he want us to think he is like,which he will never be anyway,are more morally sound than us.

The Osimhen he is trying to defend knows what he did,
and knows he is wrong ..

Osimhen has lived outside for quite some time yet when he saw Drogba he almost prostrated to greet him,he didn't forget to show Drogba that kind of respect.
He deliberately called Finidi by his name to fully disrespect him.
He wouldn't call his Napoli coach by his name,and we don't see other players calling their coaches by name in Europe

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22
do4luv14:

chaiii, no be king of nipples again??
Bahd guy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 5:44pm On Jun 22
Katcall:
“I call finidi”
The above statement by osimhen typifies the level of disrespect we have for our local coaches. Finidi is old enough to be your father. You address him with respect like I called coach finidi

Finidi is his name, what's with all these nonsense respect we do in Nigeria that doesn't lead us anywhere, the fact that he had to call him to alert him of his injury shows that he has accorded him the highest level of respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22
Subzerooo:

Finidi is his name, what's with all these nonsense respect we do in Nigeria that doesn't lead us anywhere, the fact that he had to call him to alert him of his injury shows that he has accorded him the highest level of respect
Respect ain't nonsense man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:58pm On Jun 22
I looked to Turkiye to bring sacrifice to the banter gods embarassed

It's not been a good tournament for banters mehn. England, Spain and Portugal hasn't lost. Do something ye gods sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22
komekn:

What you cannot do week in week out in your club and league with consistent outstanding top level quality YOU WILL NOT DO IN THE NATIONAL TEAM.

How many career goals has Yusuf, Onyeka , Ndidi and even Iwobi scored.
And you think they will come to the SE and all of a sudden become prolific.
Onyedikachi has started shooting though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22
Odunayaw:

It's not been a good tournament for banters mehn. England, Spain and Portugal hasn't lost. Do something ye gods sad
E go favour your odds abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22
Odunayaw:

Unfortunately Portugal had been offering the Turkiya as a sacrifice instead 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22
Subzerooo:

Bros leave them make them continue, na here we dey, Shebi na respect dem dey find

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22
do4luv14:

Bros leave them make them continue, na here we dey, Shebi na respect dem dey find
Disrespect is capable of causing damage in any organized setting.
It's far more better to respect the order of things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 6:45pm On Jun 22
They said own goal has been the highest goal scorer at the Euros.

6 own goals so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22
Nomyth:
They said own goal has been the highest goal scorer at the Euros.

6 own goals so far.
And Mbappe get mind talk say Euro is bigger than World cup.

If not for hype, the just concluded AFCON >>>

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:54pm On Jun 22
Napoleon55:

To give respect to elders is not our culture only,
it's doing what is right,it's universal.

Let's not mind that guy that want us to think that he is that which he is not.
Even the Europeans and Americans he want us to think he is like,which he will never be anyway,are more morally sound than us.

The Osimhen he is trying to defend knows what he did,
and knows he is wrong ..

Osimhen has lived outside for quite some time yet when he saw Drogba he almost prostrated to greet him,he didn't forget to show Drogba that kind of respect.
He deliberately called Finidi by his name to fully disrespect him.
He wouldn't call his Napoli coach by his name,and we don't see other players calling their coaches by name in Europe

Eur:opeans that invaded Asia, America and Africa and killed a lot of the indigenes are the ones you're calling morally sound..

You have a mental problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22
Napoleon55:

Disrespect is capable of causing damage in any organized setting.
It's far more better to respect the order of things

Sir I fully understand, Thing is Finidi is no longer there, or do you thing if he is Victor would had addressed him like that,

Besides the main actors, are not even condemning VO about it, it's just here we are doing so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:23pm On Jun 22
Katcall:
“I call finidi”
The above statement by osimhen typifies the level of disrespect we have for our local coaches. Finidi is old enough to be your father. You address him with respect like I called coach finidi

Maybe he has been giving Finidi money, freebies and goodies while he was the assistant coach. I still cannot comprehend how on earth he could drag Finidi into such mud of disrespect.

The following day Osimhen went ahead for a charity donation where he donated 15 million naira, which is the amount Finidi earns as a super eagles coach. Is there any coincidence here though. That he can pay Finidi what he earns since he donated that amount for charity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 7:28pm On Jun 22
Napoleon55:

Respect ain't nonsense man.

Informing Finidi beforehand and sending him videos of his injury and calling him 'coach' which one is actually respect, we like to major on the minor

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16378) (16379) (16380) (16381) (16382) (16383) (16384) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.