Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,708 members, 7,889,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12074737 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16422) (16423) (16424) (16425) (16426) (16427) (16428) ... (16433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:54pm On Jul 08
Vischy:

What do you think about Estevao Willian?
On that I agree with TheSuperNerd!
Don't you see the way he strikes the ball?
I am a lefty so I admire lefties a lot except Messi! lol!
He is just like Vinicius but strikes the ball better at this stage.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:59pm On Jul 08
Haaa! Coachiee! TheSuperNerd is among coach selection committee. Don't make Lawyer Mujtahida job more difficult ooo!
elyte89:

Bro deres no difference between dt endrick guy and pius ikedia at ajax…pius better pass am sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:41pm On Jul 08
Endrick is not a winger. He is a striker plus He is 17. Where was Pius Ikedia at 17? What was his playing profile like?

elyte89:

Bro deres no difference between dt endrick guy and pius ikedia at ajax…pius better pass am sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08
It is already Mission impossible. Elyte89 should go start from Eagles Cement FC.

Marjoribanks:
Haaa! Coachiee! TheSuperNerd is among coach selection committee. Don't make Lawyer Mujtahida job more difficult ooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08
Alhassan is no Kante but we saw his effectiveness at the Afcon. He is a fine talented addition to the midfield. He more than tries

As for Endrick, trust master time to reveal all things.

Victory Beniangba?? He is in his 20s already. Yet to properly break into Genk's first team and is a lot taller than Endrick.

Endrick is 17 and 1.73m. Akin to a Romario profile

Which kain comparison be this? πŸ˜‚

Marjoribanks:
Alhassan has not being fantastic either, though he dey try!

I pray Endrick comes good too but I don't just see the hype.

Victory Beniangba is better than Endrick in every aspect possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:33am On Jul 09
Time will indeed reveal!
My point is simple at 17/18 years Victory was scouted by an Egyptian team from NPFL. At 19 he became a subject of transfer dispute between Celta Vigo & Genk.
Imagine a talent like Victory is playing in the Brazilian league and Endrick in Nigeria Bayelsa United! Nobody will even scout him! lol!
At 17 Victory showed more talent than Endrick playing for Balyesa United!
TheSuperNerd:
Alhassan is no Kante but we saw his effectiveness at the Afcon. He is a fine talented addition to the midfield. He more than tries

As for Endrick, trust master time to reveal all things.

Victory Beniangba?? He is in his 20s already. Yet to properly break into Genk's first team and is a lot taller than Endrick.

Endrick is 17 and 1.73m. Akin to a Romario profile

Which kain comparison be this? πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:59am On Jul 09
Mujtahida:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha okay na
The law... don't bring that book of codes out yet o.. na joke I dey joke grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:37am On Jul 09
charlesemeka85:
🚨 Ebenezer Akinsanmiro to Sampdoria is done. πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬βœ…

[@SkySport via @DiMarzio]

I don't like this move but all the best to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:38am On Jul 09
charlesemeka85:
Besiktas interested in Felix Uduokhai. Player already have agreed terms with the Turkish giants

Too bad what injuries have reduced this boy to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42am On Jul 09
I was hoping he would get Serie A football even if on loan at a team like Como or any small Serie A side for the 24/25 season but again Italian teams hardly give first team chances to their own youngsters not to mention a foreign talent.

I hope Akinsanmiro at Sampdoria works out so good that Inter takes him back and absorb him permanently into their first team and loan him out no more.

'Sincerely don't want Serie B football for this talented kid but let's make the best of it.

charlesemeka85:
Ebenezer #Akinsanmiro (born in 2004) to #Sampdoria from #Inter on loan is at the final stage. Samp want to include an option to buy, but then Inter will insert a buyback clause. #transfers

#NicoloSchira

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46am On Jul 09
Stephen Odey was scouted while playing for MFM FC straight to Europe (FC Zurich in Switzerland).

Why won't Endrick be spotted in the NPFL? This makes no sense.

Talents like Victory abound in Brazil but some Euro teams aren't looking their way just yet. So your assumptions don't have solid premise.

Marjoribanks:
Time will indeed reveal!
My point is simple at 17/18 years Victory was scouted by an Egyptian team from NPFL. At 19 he became a subject of transfer dispute between Celta Vigo & Genk.
Imagine a talent like Victory is playing in the Brazilian league and Endrick in Nigeria Bayelsa United! Nobody will even scout him! lol!
At 17 Victory showed more talent than Endrick playing for Balyesa United!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:55am On Jul 09
TheSuperNerd:
It is already Mission impossible. Elyte89 should go start from Eagles Cement FC.

That club of yori years, is the club still functions sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:56am On Jul 09
Would have preferred he find a club in Serie A or any club in the top division leagues in Europe that said he needs playing time which I hope he will get at Sampdoria.

charlesemeka85:
Ebenezer #Akinsanmiro (born in 2004) to #Sampdoria from #Inter on loan is at the final stage. Samp want to include an option to buy, but then Inter will insert a buyback clause. #transfers

#NicoloSchira
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46am On Jul 09
TheSuperNerd:
I was hoping he would get Serie A football even if on loan at a team like Como or any small Serie A side for the 24/25 season but again Italian teams hardly give first team chances to their own youngsters not to mention a foreign talent.

I hope Akinsanmiro at Sampdoria works out so good that Inter takes him back and absorb him permanently into their first team and loan him out no more.

'Sincerely don't want Serie B football for this talented kid but let's make the best of it.

Amazing. Andrea Pirlo is manager of Sampdoria. I hope he got some bright brains to offer our lad.

Keep Soaking.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:49am On Jul 09
Since Wafu B started, esp the u17, how many have progressed from the Nigerian side to at least be considered for the Super Eagles so far? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Or at least to the u17 squad for the WC

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:27pm On Jul 09
TheSuperNerd:

Na bricklayer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09
TheGoodJoe:

Amazing. Andrea Pirlo is manager of Sampdoria. I hope he got some man brains to offer our lad.

Keep Soaking.

You go sabi drink garri ooo, soak soak soak everywhere 😁😁😁

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09
ChrisKels:

I don't like this move but all the best to him.
it’s better than playing primavera football next season

He needs the opportunity to test himself in men’s football. If he does well with Samp under Pirlo the next step is loaning him out to a midtable serie A team or a return to Inter Milan

To me that level of football is what he needs for further development and a gradual entry into professional football

Na small small dem take dey lick hot soup 😊

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09
AndSunGorilla:

Na bricklayer?
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

My belle wan burst 🀣🀣🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09
TheSuperNerd:

to me this move is what his needs in this stage of his career. Miles better than playing primavera football next season

This move will aid his development as well as affording him the exposure and taste of professional football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09
ChrisKels:

Too bad what injuries have reduced this boy to.
solid defender but injury prone

If he can switch to us it will give us more options in our defense. Besiktas better pass Ihefu fc 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 1:05pm On Jul 09
I hope peseiro returns. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09
daveP:
Since Wafu B started, esp the u17, how many have progressed from the Nigerian side to at least be considered for the Super Eagles so far?

Or at least to the u17 squad for the WC
When last did we qualify for U17 WC?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09
joelsteron:
I hope peseiro returns. grin
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:55pm On Jul 09
charlesemeka85:
it’s better than playing primavera football next season

He needs the opportunity to test himself in men’s football. If he does well with Samp under Pirlo the next step is loaning him out to a midtable serie A team or a return to Inter Milan

To me that level of football is what he needs for further development and a gradual entry into professional football

Na small small dem take dey lick hot soup 😊

Wow! Pirlo is the coach of Sampdoria? It is a good move then because they might even gain promotion to the Serie A, and if that happens, it would make more sense if he opts to stay with them than hurriedly return to his parent club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:56pm On Jul 09
charlesemeka85:
solid defender but injury prone

If he can switch to us it will give us more options in our defense. Besiktas better pass Ihefu fc 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Very solid defender.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09
mostob:
When last did we qualify for U17 WC?
no be my focus be that sef. My own na has any that repped under any Wafu competition made any reasonable progress career wise?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 4:13pm On Jul 09
TheGoodJoe:

Amazing. Andrea Pirlo is manager of Sampdoria. I hope he got some man brains to offer our lad.

Keep Soaking.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:12pm On Jul 09
mostob:
The law... don't bring that book of codes out yet o.. na joke I dey joke grin grin
No lele my brother

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:13pm On Jul 09
Marjoribanks:
This my client is not helping matters. Be like he will be Finidi 2.0 oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09
jihday:
nothing wrong with Vinny or Jude winning it, I mean Figo Owen and Nedved won it in the past, they aren’t so much better
oga you say wetin Figo and Nedved were not special? Make I leave Owen out. Figo, Nedved and Recoba were few special players I so much admire. But you will consider backham as special abi?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16422) (16423) (16424) (16425) (16426) (16427) (16428) ... (16433) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, EEGA and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.