Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12376029 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16469) (16470) (16471) (16472) (16473) (16474) (16475) ... (16595) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 11:19am On Jul 30
TheLoneCitizen:
It's a shame though that a player of Osimhen's clout, Africa's best player, is not trusted enough to be bought outright.

It’s not about footballing reason but regarding his attitude and injury reasons. It’s a huge risk signing osimehn now but I believe that he can prove the doubters wrong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by HotepKang: 11:28am On Jul 30
BannedLarge:

It’s not about footballing reason but regarding his attitude and injury reasons. It’s a huge risk signing osimehn now but I believe that he can prove the doubters wrong

Osimhen isn't the only top player with an attitude, there are many who had worse attitudes before him and still had great careers. I think it has more to do with his injury records than anything else, I hope he gets a really good physiotherapist this season to improve his fitness.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Flamemignon1(m): 11:50am On Jul 30
Odunayaw:
Took you long enough to pass wind. That's some serious health issue I suspect
Yea, conversion therapy is a bitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Flamemignon1(m): 11:57am On Jul 30
lovewins:

You probably need to find the right section to accommodate the topic. I don't think it's against Nairaland is averse to discussions like this (I stand corrected).
Trust me, I've tried. Maybe you can create one then you tag me on it

lovewins:
The illustration on Ben and Dave you gave didn't quite justify why you easily tag people with contrary views hateful. Let's start with the definition of the word "phobia". It literally means extreme or irrational fear for something. "Aerophobic" people have extreme fear of flying. It however doesn't translate into them hating planes. I could list many other phobias to establish my point, but I believe you get it. It is only when it concerns LGBTQ folks phobia assumes a new meaning. It is termed hateful, prejudice, discrimination etc. People only take exception to being termed homophobic because the term as assumed a new meaning hinged almost entirely on hate and all of this is done simply to stifle speech and make people so afraid of sharing their views for fear of being seen as hateful

It's why I referenced earlier how scientists now changed terms and tailor researches to drive certain agenda and suit narratives. I recall how that during the pandemic, the CDC in their bid to shill for big pharma quite literally changed the textbook definition of vaccination, all simply because the experimental vaccine for COVID while it helped wasn't effective enough to be termed a vaccines as people who got "vaccinated" could still get infected. That's a discourse for another day.

So while that fear (phobia) may be rooted in hate, the vast majority of people do not fall into these category. Fir example, Dave and Ben are colleagues who work together and agree on a vast majority of things. Ben's position on the subject is largely religious. He probably holds same position on premarital sex too. It doesn't mean he hates those who have sex outside marriage. You see how lazy that thinking is?

Finally on voting against positions like this. I'm sometimes startled by those who hold liberal views and who most times posture as vanguards of democracy who literally do not understand how democracy works. It's literally a people's government. It means if the bast majority of people hold on to certain views and certain values, they are likely to vote for someone who they believe will help in the furtherance of it. I hope you know pedophiles believe they are being denied their right. They are even rebranding and in many universities in the US are now being referred to as Minor attracted persons (MAP). And hope you know if they have the numbers they would vote in someone who will help make legal their "rights". It's quite literally how democracy works. So what we do is have conversations like this to convince people to our side in hope that we get the numbers to either further or keep our values as the law of the land.
I really don't want to deviate from this thread as football fans are noticing and are beginning to get mad. I have lots to say so if you can create one, that will be great, just tag me there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30
Flamemignon1:

Trust me, I've tried. Maybe you can create one then you tag me on it

I really don't want to deviate from this thread as football fans are noticing and are beginning to get mad. I have lots to say so if you can create one, that will be great, just tag me there
To what end.

This homosexuality thing is disgusting.
Just take it out of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30
Flamemignon1:

Yea, conversion therapy is a bitch
Yawn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:09pm On Jul 30
Shey those back and forth arguments with the blue font man no better pass these homo talk?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30
Mujtahida:
This NFF guys, what is the reason for the delay in hiring a coach for the Super Eagles? This is taking too long. I thought some urgency was required in hiring a coach. This is August.
the current NFF board too useless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:26pm On Jul 30
lolll!! My Good Lawyer! No alert keee? Na CV dey the envelop ooo, I no see shishii!
Afghanistan dey find coach ooo! I gat link for dat side!! lol!
Mujtahida:

At this stage I'm calling on the elders of this thread to save me from my client. 😂😂😂. I've never had this kind of client before with sweet mouth. Till date no alert. Instead it's Oga Majoribanks that has received brown envelope. He will tell this thread that he has paid but behind he is saying we will share his first salary 50:50. Ordinarily, this should be confidential between him and I but I am bringing the matter here cos you guys were all here when he briefed me.

It's just that I believe in his yori yori football philosophy as the best pattern for Super eagles. I'm afraid that if he doesn't get this job, Super Eagles will hire a tiki taka coach. And I dread that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30
TheLoneCitizen:

PSG was a mandatory buy option.

This Osimhen would return if he flops. Imagine
you are funny sir. You think Osimhen will flop.

Victor Osimhen has passed the stage of flopping in his career.

Hojlund can flop
Zirkzee(I pray not) can flop etc.

You feel me, there are levels to this thing.

I don't really care if osimhen moves or not. Infact, If he stays in Napoli with Conte, he will be terrific and super hot. Conte is a good coach and will bring the ultimate best out of him.

I'm not concerned about his playing. He is a PROVEN goal scorer any day, anytime, any height, any how. Just give him ball and he will SCORE.

Osimhen should not be in any sentence containing flop. Where's the respect

Can Mbappe flop??

Osimhen will bench every and any striker in current man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool team.

APOTY flop embarassed how??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:30pm On Jul 30
Chelsea offer to Osimhen is stvpid and insulting!

For a conference league level team, proposing that to the 8th best player in the World is ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:51pm On Jul 30
Marjoribanks:
lolll!! My Good Lawyer! No alert keee? Na CV dey the envelop ooo, I no see shishii!
Afghanistan dey find coach ooo! I gat link for dat side!! lol!
From Tonga to Afghanistan? My God!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:53pm On Jul 30
M7even:

I think the NFF should come out and address us, we need to know what and what is going on about the new super eagles manager.
If not that protest go branch enter NFF house oo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30
Marjoribanks:

For a conference league level team, proposing that to the 8th best player in the World is ...

Some people way inferiority complex one kill for this thread will say otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GMBOFASIA: 2:06pm On Jul 30
Starboytwo:

Hojlund can flop

I don't really care if osimhen moves or not. Infact, If he stays in Napoli with Conte, he will be terrific and super hot. Conte is a good coach and will bring the ultimate best out of him.

I'm not concerned about his playing. He is a PROVEN goal scorer any day, anytime, any height, any how. Just give him ball and he will SCORE.

Can Mbappe flop??

Osimhen will bench every and any striker in current man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool team.

The way una day hype nigeria players eh
Yes anybody can flop even mbappe Kaka was Ballon d or 2 years before signing for Madrid and did not make any significant impact so what are you saying abi is the eden hazard

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 2:12pm On Jul 30
It was fake news afterall

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30
Let me just say i really feel pissed or pity for this go round debacle VO is in. It's annoying and frustrating. It looks like the suitable options are even avoiding. Meaning one thing....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30
GMBOFASIA:

The way una day hype nigeria players eh
Yes anybody can flop even mbappe Kaka was Ballon d or 2 years before signing for Madrid and did not make any significant impact so what are you saying abi is the eden hazard
can you bet your money on Mbappe to flop?? Highly unlikely.

Kindly mention a better striker apart from Halland, Mbappe, Harry Kane.

I'm waiting. Strikers that are better than Osimhen ooo. Pls do quick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30
Ofcos it is stupid. Because it is fake. Well said Marjoribanks. I can't believe some fell for it and instantly began using it to say stuffs like "Osimhen's stock has fallen". Very hilariously preposterous.

Marjoribanks:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:25pm On Jul 30
Taliban get money oo! We get oil for that side ooo!! lol!
Mujtahida:

From Tonga to Afghanistan? My God!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30
"Avoiding" is the wrong word. Truth is they want him BUT can't Match the lad's valuation at present especially with other spendings already done in other departments and being planned.
And it is also still early in the market to rush in for a striker of Osimhen's caliber unless you have the exact release clause value to pay. Summer still dey start... watch and see.

daveP:
Let me just say i really feel pissed or pity for this go round debacle VO is in. It's annoying and frustrating. It looks like the suitable options are even avoiding. Meaning one thing....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:29pm On Jul 30
Starboytwo:

Hojlund can flop

Can Mbappe flop??

All this for something I never said.
Brother chill.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:29pm On Jul 30
Osimhen agent don clear them! Who go even believe such? A whole Osimhen!!
130m or no deal! Kolo Mauni 100m, Anthony 100m, Mudryk 100m, Nunez 100m etc but Osimhen on loan and dem believe am? lol!!
SamueItem337:
Some people way inferiority complex one kill for this thread will say otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30
opes:

Fake news afterall
imagine undecided saying Osimhen will/can flop??

Im forced to ask, don't you guys have eyes to see a baller when you see 1?

Best striker in Africa
Best striker to come out of Naija in decades. And we are a nation of strikers...

Assemble 10 boys from your street.
Everybody go say dem Wan play striker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:38pm On Jul 30
Of course! Well said , my good bro!

Those are the people who would get a visitor visa to Western countries and act as if they've achieved everything, only to realize that reality isn't what they expected. I just ignore those ridiculous individuals!
TheSuperNerd:
Ofcos it is stupid. Because it is fake. Well said Marjoribanks. I can't believe some fell for it and instantly began using it to say stuffs like "Osimhen's stock has fallen". Very hilariously preposterous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30
Bro doubled down.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30
All the big boys are coming out now.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/osimhen-napoli-situazione-paris-saint-germain-news

70 million plus Lukaku or loan with mandatory option is very good deal.

That's Chelsea's highest earner offloaded

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30
Marjoribanks:
Osimhen agent don clear them! Who go even believe such? A whole Osimhen!!
130m or no deal! Kolo Mauni 100m, Anthony 100m, Mudryk 100m, Nunez 100m etc but Osimhen on loan and dem believe am? lol!!
Na that one dey vex me pass
Imagine kolo Mauni and Antony was bought for 100m and one fool will come here and say Osimhen is not worth 100m

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Inansistalking: 3:13pm On Jul 30
Chat up

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30
TheSuperNerd:
"Avoiding" is the wrong word. Truth is they want him BUT can't Match the lad's valuation at present especially with other spendings already done in other departments and being planned.
And it is also still early in the market to rush in for a striker of Osimhen's caliber unless you have the exact release clause value to pay. Summer still dey start... watch and see.

That's why i said "it looks like"

Overall, it is frustrating. I don't want another sniff of him in Napoli. I wonder which will pay that off now. I dunno about Arsenal sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30
Marjoribanks:
Taliban get money oo! We get oil for that side ooo!! lol!
Blissful matrimony of haram coach and country. Matches will be...well, terrific

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30
comodo:

They are simply trying to arm twist the sports ministry into funding the employment of a foreign coach of their choice and not the ministry. Las las @ the dying minute, another clueless local coach will be drafted in as a stop gap again. I have said from onset that the world cup dream will be sabotaged. Unless, the players decided to work with whoever that will be drafted in to keep the hopes alive. The same way Mikel & the team worked with Siasia during the Olympics when the NFF frustrated the hell out of him
But wait oh. Wetin happen to that $250k that Japanese gave them.

The team shared it... according to Siasia himself

(1) (2) (3) ... (16469) (16470) (16471) (16472) (16473) (16474) (16475) ... (16595) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), lbrichman2, AndSunGorilla, Barryseal, superbloke(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.