Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987818 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
I really didn't see what he posted about Zambia's strength cos I skipped so many pages due to the legendary argument. However, no one should be afraid of an opponent based o their performance against another opponent. Before we played CMR,
You would assume they were world champions, before we played Algeria, one would assume they had Messi, Mess I, Ronaldo, Modric, and Ramos in their team. Only people that down play the strength of the Nigerian team are just Nigerians due to what I term as "see finish". See ehn, if I was an opponent and I saw a team with Iwobi, Moses, Mikel even Iheanacho I go dread them for Africa. Senegal, Morocco, and CIV would accord Nigeria the ultimate respect and wish to play other teams instead. How much more Zambia with players from Zanaco et al. This SE team don suffer sha... Ask the Zambians that brag if they were to bet and realistically hope for monetary gains from such bet, I swear, 200 percent of their fans would bet on Naija winning. So don't let anybody tench your mind with how strong Zambia is. Chaiiii na Zambia we de talk of. Algeria see what u have caused, by losing to Zambia. We go cure their craze on Saturday.

safarigirl:
I watched their games against Algeria, both of the games, their wingers are good yes, but their midfield is useless.

Echiejile may be a weak link, but if V Moses is working on the same wing, he can bring in his defensive abilities and mute them down.

Once again, it could be a case of overrating them, because the opposition matters a great deal on what a team looks like during play.

As long as Rohr has worked on the wingers, I do not think those guys would give our CBs much trouble.

Maybe some people are now seeing them as Brazil which is laughable, but considering Algeria looked like Tahiti most of the time, I can understand why such people were seeing things.

I know how many times Algerians lost balls that simply shouldn't have been lost and their passing was horrific, it's like they had zero team chemistry and simply couldn't find each other in the final third. That was their biggest issue

I know many people will not regard my input because oga forgiveness has put the fear of God in them as he's wont to do....but I do believe we tackled this panic last month and icon4s put it to rest.

None of us on this thread want to be in Russia more than any of the guys on that team and most of them have never been to any major tournament, so, for once in this country, it would be nice if a little optimism was expressed rather than allowing rabblerousers get into your head

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Napoleon55:
is goal scoring not part of football?
u would even think goal keeping,marking,noding are not part of football,only dribbles?

goalscoring is not what makes little kids place blocks on the road just so they can play football. It's the skills, the trickery, the vision and stuffs like that. We have seen Suarez outscore Ronaldo, no reason why we can't assume that if you place another top striker in madrid for 10 years he won't score more than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has a team built around him, where he gets to play....this is a SE thread, let's go back to the main thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
From Roy Keane to Ronaldo and Iniesya, before you know it Ramos, Marcelo and Pique will join the argument.

It wpukd be nice if you alk agreed to disagrew ao we can get to the matter that brought everyone to this thread.

Cc Mickael2, bataderemi, Napoleon55, TheGoodJoe, goldfish80 and all other affected parties
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Danielnino00:
Seems like most people on thus thread are underrating Zambia already with the way they keep arguing about Mikel Legendary status, Lotha Mathus Roy Keane and now Pele undecided undecided
but you can start to overrate or even hype Zambia national team...now.
it is not too late...
after all some of their fans in Ghana already predicting they will win by a wide margin...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
safarigirl:
From Roy Keane to Ronaldo and Iniesya, before you know it Ramos, Marcelo and Pique will join the argument.

It wpukd be nice if you alk agreed to disagrew ao we can get to the matter that brought everyone to this thread.

Cc Mickael2, bataderemi, Napoleon55, TheGoodJoe, goldfish80 and all other affected parties

why is my name the first name kwanu?sad i mean I didn't start it and I have left the conversation since
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mickael2:

why is my name the first name kwanu?sad i mean I didn't start it and I have left the conversation since
you have? shocked

Your moniker is the most recent to dabble on the CR7 goal scoring matter, that's why your name is first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Clementoke:
I came back from church to discover 4 new pages. I was happy that I was going to read some nice analysis abt SE nd Chipolopolo. So sad nd disappointed seeing Roy Keane nd Lothar matteaus
that's what happens when sir goodfish and goodjoe are involve in an argument.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mickael2:

if football is all about goals then Romario is the second best player ever behind Pele because he too has 1k goals and some more. You are shouting Cr7 because you were born in this era, if you had the chance to watch Van Basten you would know that Ronaldo does not even come close as a goalscoring great to that guy. At age 28, the guy already had a lot of goalscoring records to his name, scored some truly ridiculous goals. Like KevinDein aptly pointed out, a lot of guys can lay claim to the title of being a football genius even before Cr7. Hazard is overrated but still he can do a lot with the ball than Cr7 PRESENTLY can

I'm not shouting. You do not have to be silly.
No one is talking about the 'greatest', just talking about being a genius. If your definition of ingenuity is what a player can do with the ball, then Ronaldo has been there.
Who is the genius, the street juggler or the one that sees space/creates space to receive the 'beautiful' passes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
safarigirl:

No vex. That's my last comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
safarigirl:

There is a difference between agree to disagree and blatant denial of pure facts which baffles me. Imagine Rooney saying Roy Keane passes well and someone here is trying to look for an excuse to show he knows more than Rooney. Nwannem I do not know how to agree that.

Someone trying to play down the DMF role because he wants to taint Mikel's impact is a no, no for me. I do not know how to agree to disagree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

There is a difference between agree to disagree and blatant denial of pure facts which baffles me. Imagine Rooney saying Roy Keane passes well and someone here is trying to look for an excuse to show he knows more than Rooney. Nwannem I do not know how to agree that.

Someone trying to play down the DMF role because he wants to taint Mikel's impact is a no, no for me. I do not know how to agree to disagree.
I think...I am with you on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Something is obviously wrong with you people still arguing about roy keane and legendary nonsense, when we have a match on Saturday.. shame on you all for spamming this nice thread undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
Back to the issue at hand

Leicester City Trio, Mikels, Ighalo, Balogun, Ekong & Abdullahi Join Super Eagles Camp In Uyo
Published: October 02, 2017

Leicester City Trio, Mikels, Ighalo, Balogun, Ekong & Abdullahi Join Super Eagles Camp In Uyo
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the Super Eagles players and officials have safely landed in Uyo ahead of the World Cup qualifier against the Copper Bullets.

The Dana Air plane that brought the team touched down at the Akwa Ibom Airport at approximately 1925 hours, and there was a coach with the inscription, ''Godswill Akpabio International Stadium'', that transported the delegation to the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort soon after their arrival at the airport.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr was the first person to step down from the flight, followed by his players.

The players on the plane from Abuja include Leicester City trio Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi, Tianjin Teda's John Obi Mikel, Bursaspor pair Mikel Agu and William Troost-Ekong, Leon Balogun, Odion Ighalo and Shehu Abdullahi.

Six players Anthony Nwakaeme, John Ogu, goalkeepers Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Dele Ajiboye, Elderson Echiejile and Oghenekaro Etebo checked into the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel on Monday afternoon.

On Tuesday evening, the Super Eagles will begin shaping up for Saturday’s Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B match against Zambia.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--AllNigeriaSoccer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
DrKlever:
Something is obviously wrong with you people still arguing about roy keane and legendary nonsense, when we have a match on Saturday.. shame on you all for spamming this nice thread undecided
relax bro ..the players have still not arrived camp yet...
when they arrive we will start talk tactics...
I am enjoying the argument though...learning one or two things

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
Humility017:

that's what happens when sir goodfish and goodjoe are involve in an argument.

Not really. One person here is doing his best to bury the truth. I am trying to make sure the truth stays alive.

When once I posted Rooney's comment of Roy Keane being the best Passer, that is enough for someone to know he made a mistake, learn from it and move forward. Instead he went to a forum, selected a few negative views and made it a concensus.

Reaching there, the remarks were opposite. That is not argument again. That is blatant denial and trickery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
safarigirl:
you have? shocked

Your moniker is the most recent to dabble on the CR7 goal scoring matter, that's why your name is first

you know these newbies can make person vex. You understand na, you have been there before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Exclusive Interview With Super Eagles Coach Rohr Shortly After Arrival In Uyo

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr spoke exclusively to allnigeriasoccer.com shortly after his arrival in Uyo for Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying match with Zambia.

ANS : How do you assess your team right now?

Rohr : ''We will try to prepare well, we will have two training sessions everyday, then we will assess the video of our past match and also the video of our opponent. The Zambians are a different team from the one we played in October last year.

''They are a younger team, they are much quicker and better than when we last played them. And you know of course not all the players have arrived.''

ANS : What is the target for the match on Saturday?

Rohr : ''The target always is to win but if we don't win we draw. We must not lose the game. It is a different Zambian team from the Cameroonian team. It is an even more difficult game.

''They have analyzed us just as we have analyzed them, so they know us better, hence it is going to be a tough game.''

Interview by Kekere Asuquo Nkop/ANS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Not really. One person here is doing his best to bury the truth. I am trying to make sure the truth stays alive.

When once I posted Rooney's comment of Roy Keane being the best Passer, that is enough for someone to know he made a mistake, learn from it and move forward. Instead he went to a forum, selected a few negative views and made it a concensus.

Reaching there, the remarks were opposite. That is not argument again. That is blatant denial and trickery.

I had to leave...when one of my bro...refused to accept the message from Chelsea hurdle...calling mikel a legend.
the way assumptions and prepositions were drawn up to refute the statement leaves me baffled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
I sincerely wish the legendary argument(chuckles) ends tonight. phew!!

To those overhyping Zambia, weldone o. At least prove that the calibre of players they have is way better than our bench. Their wingbacks go suffer from our Moseses. Then we know their game style. Abeg give SE some respect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
DrKlever:
if have something to contribute,lets hear from u,must u wait for another person to . or u better keep ur mouth lucked ok.
not all is arguing about the legendary stuff,don't insult all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mickael2:

you know these newbies can make person vex. You understand na, you have been there before
oya, no vex again. Sorry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Rohr sabi mind games too ha
"The target always is to win but if we don't win we draw"
draw ni

Joebie:
Exclusive Interview With Super Eagles Coach Rohr Shortly After Arrival In Uyo

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr spoke exclusively to allnigeriasoccer.com shortly after his arrival in Uyo for Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying match with Zambia.

ANS : How do you assess your team right now?

Rohr : ''We will try to prepare well, we will have two training sessions everyday, then we will assess the video of our past match and also the video of our opponent. The Zambians are a different team from the one we played in October last year.

''They are a younger team, they are much quicker and better than when we last played them. And you know of course not all the players have arrived.''

ANS : What is the target for the match on Saturday?

Rohr : ''The target always is to win but if we don't win we draw. We must not lose the game. It is a different Zambian team from the Cameroonian team. It is an even more difficult game.

''They have analyzed us just as we have analyzed them, so they know us better, hence it is going to be a tough game.''

Interview by Kekere Asuquo Nkop/ANS

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
haha.. he had a point sha o.. na spam

Napoleon55:
if have something to contribute,lets hear from u,must u wait for another person to . or u better keep ur mouth lucked ok.
not all is arguing about the legendary stuff,don't insult all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

okay, oya, don't agree. Just let the matter rest, you can pick it up on Sunday. Daalu smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Okay brothers and sisters. We know how it all started. All those derivative arguments. I thought we have all already agreed on the Mikel issue. I've been taking my time to try to bring you the latest from the camp. Let's redirect our focus.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
My sister. Rohr is far from arrogant. I am more convinced than ever now that we will BEAT the hell out of Zambia

libero808:
Rohr sabi mind games too ha
"The target always is to win but if we don't win we draw"
draw ni

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Joebie:
Back to the issue at hand

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the Super Eagles players and officials have safely landed in Uyo ahead of the World Cup qualifier against the Copper Bullets.

The Dana Air plane that brought the team touched down at the Akwa Ibom Airport at approximately 1925 hours, and there was a coach with the inscription, ''Godswill Akpabio International Stadium'', that transported the delegation to the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort soon after their arrival at the airport.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr was the first person to step down from the flight, followed by his players.

The players on the plane from Abuja include Leicester City trio Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi, Tianjin Teda's John Obi Mikel, Bursaspor pair Mikel Agu and William Troost-Ekong, Leon Balogun, Odion Ighalo and Shehu Abdullahi.

Six players Anthony Nwakaeme, John Ogu, goalkeepers Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Dele Ajiboye, Elderson Echiejile and Oghenekaro Etebo checked into the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel on Monday afternoon.

On Tuesday evening, the Super Eagles will begin shaping up for Saturday’s Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B match against Zambia.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--AllNigeriaSoccer

That's 15 players, where are the 8?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Areas i want our SE to improve on before the world cup:-

1. Each dept on the field of play must have 1 outstanding setpiece taker(1defender, midfielder, attacker).

2. Holding possession for at least 60passes.

3. Coordinated corner kick execution(like Mikel's goal against Cmr)

4. Tempo sustenance during the 2nd half. we lack this since 2006 afcon to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
daveP:
Areas i want our SE to improve on before the world cup:-

1. Each dept on the field of play must have 1 outstanding setpiece taker(1defender, midfielder, attacker).

2. Holding possession for at least 60passes.

3. Coordinated corner kick execution(like Mikel's goal against Cmr)

4. Tempo sustenance during the 2nd half. we lack this since 2006 afcon to my knowledge.

Good insight. But how about pacey play, not playing to the gallery at 0-0 and being business like and hungry for more goals even after leading by 1-0? These are also issues that frustrate fans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
We’re ready to die on the pitch on Saturday, says Mikel Agu
By Ayo Olu Ibidapo - October 2, 2017 26 0

Bursaspor of Turkey defensive midfield trojan, Mikel Ndubuisi Agu, has said that the Super Eagles will do everything, including dying on the pitch to ensure they pick the sole ticket of Group B in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against the Chipolopolo of Zambia on Saturday, AOIFootball.com reports.

The midfielder, who is one of the early birds in the Eagles’ camp for the game, says the players are self-motivated for the encounter and will leave no stone unturned against the Wedson Nyirenda’s led side.

“I believe each player invited for this game knows what is at stake. We have what it takes to beat the Zambians and we intend to continue from where we stopped against Cameroon,” the on-loan FC Porto player said.

Agu, who has started all the games involving Bursaspor this season lasting the entire games, said he is fit as a fiddle and ready for the make or mar encounter.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria will take on Zambia in Uyo this weekend, as they look to seal qualification to Russia 2018.

--aoiFootball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
safarigirl:
okay, oya, don't agree. Just let the matter rest, you can pick it up on Sunday. Daalu smiley

Or, pick up my Kung-fu shoes. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
solonnachi:

That's 15 players, where are the 8?

In sambisa forest grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.