Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,336 members, 7,974,426 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12576943 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16659) (16660) (16661) (16662) (16663) (16664) (16665) ... (16788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 7:06pm On Sep 11
Meliforme:

Yes, he will help keep the ball high up in the opposition's half because he is very tidy with short passes.
No one in the team bests him in the game of accurate short passes.
His movements are very good.
He is a fine dribbler, and can score goals.

However, He is not that creative, this limits him in the attacking midfield role and his poor showings in contributions to defense throws him further down the pecking order in our midfield setup.
You will only notice Bashiru when we have the ball, but without the ball he just strolls.

In my opinion, his uniquenesses does not gift us any advantage, he lacks in the very things we need the most.
We need midfielders who can put in decent defensive shifts.

We need very creative midfielders

We need midfielders with a sound reading of the game

Hamzat Ojediran and Christanthus Uche are the midfielders we should be discussing about.

Alex lwobi and Fisayo Dele-Bashiru are more like forwards to me.

We need genuine midfielders.
Bros abeg rewatch the match and stop all this your analysis wey get k-leg.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 7:09pm On Sep 11
I just rewatch the game!!!
The Rwanda keeper was the difference between the draw and a white washing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11
That same Rwandan Keeper was saved by the crossbar and also the ref's silly decision to cancel a good goal by lookman. So no... the ref was the difference followed by the Rwandan goalie. Nigeria walks away with at least a 2-0 win if that ref wasn't diabolical.

kentebemoney:
I just rewatch the game!!!
The Rwanda keeper was the difference between the draw and a white washing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:22pm On Sep 11
TheSuperNerd:
That same Rwandan Keeper was saved by the crossbar and also the ref's silly decision to cancel a good goal by lookman. So no... the ref was the difference followed by the Rwandan goalie. Nigeria walks away with at least a 2-0 win if that ref wasn't diabolical.

Now just imagine if I was d coach …we for win 4-nil 😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:23pm On Sep 11
potland:
Give oliseh the job

Oliseh ke, half of the players go waka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:25pm On Sep 11
Mujtahida:
Owngoal will destroy Nigerian football one day with their many atrocious lies. They were the ones who came up with the news that Eguavoen has quit.

Turns out it's a lie.

Is that their name not owngoal, wetin you expect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11
SamueItem337:
😂
grin ehhh Eternal dragging

They also have beef with their neighbors, Ivory Coast so using their stadiums too will bring dragging even though it is nothing compared to what they will receive from Nigerians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 7:42pm On Sep 11
SamueItem337:
😂

The would rather prefer Ivory Coast than coming to Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 8:08pm On Sep 11
elyte89:

Den dt means I am more suitable for d job den cos I am better Dan both 😎

Soak up the knowledge from the Pep's school of Tiki Taka and TheGoodJoe will support you.

But this one route/ Kati Kati football is no no for TheGoodjoe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11
chrisooblog:
The boys played well can't honestly fault them. Only thing I will be nitpicky about was the free header we allowed them in the first few minutes other than that were it another day could have been a dominant 2-0/3-0 result.

Can't also blame the players too much for not converting their chances the Rwandan keeper was solid and in form.

The ref denied us a probable win with his dodgy officiating. The tackle on Boniface before halftime in the box should have been a pen.

All told good international window. Top of our group, 4 points, and clean sheet.

AE should continue for now then the NFF revaluate after AFCON qualifiers.

My own fault is the players not protesting the decision of the referee. He could have changed his mind if they protested. If he refused to and give yellow card, the card can be appealed after the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:11pm On Sep 11
TheSuperNerd:

Yea !!!!
Did you notice Ndidi made lots of progressive passes and chukwueze balled in the first half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11
Meliforme:

Yes, he will help keep the ball high up in the opposition's half because he is very tidy with short passes.

However, He is not that creative, this limits him in the attacking midfield role and his poor showings in contributions to defense throws him further down the pecking order in our midfield setup.
You will only notice Bashiru when we have the ball, but without the ball he just strolls.

In my opinion, his uniquenesses does not gift us any advantage, he lacks in the very things we need the most.

Hamzat Ojediran and Christanthus Uche are the midfielders we should be discussing about.

I pointed out his inability to create play the day we played Rwanda. Anyone can play one touch football ,all you need is communication. But Dele Bashiru is not that creative player we have been yearning for.

I haven't seen the Ojediran and Uche play. Until then, we don't have a reliable creative midfielder

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11
SamueItem337:
😂
we no gree 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11
opes:

The would rather prefer Ivory Coast than coming to Nigeria.
CIV is more closer to them so mk dem go there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11
Tessyy1701:

Soak up the knowledge from the Pep's school of Tiki Taka and TheGoodJoe will support you.

But this one route/ Kati Kati football is no no for TheGoodjoe
Elyte hv his own style which is Kati Kati football 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11
mank1234:

My own fault is the players not protesting the decision of the referee. He could have changed his mind if they protested. If he refused to and give yellow card, the card can be appealed after the match.
that moon head ref go share all of them yellow card 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11
What Mikel said about Eguavoen

I know the interim manager now, Augustine Eguavoen who managed me when I was a kid. U17, he was my coach, took us to the World Cup.

"Fantastic guy, lovely guy, a manager who gives you all the freedom in the world to express yourself, speaks to you really well.

"He reminds me so much of Carlo Ancelotti, no jokes about that, his man management is top. He speaks to players really well. He is so humble. He communicates with players really well, puts his arm around you.

"He gets his players on his side, that's so important. You could see coming in short notice and getting the team to play so well. You can't teach them so much is such a short space of time.

"It's about the communication, it's about the man management of making the players so relaxed so they can perform and that's what I saw when I watched the game because the team performed really well, the first game, and also the second game. Of course we didn't win it but there was so much positivity.

"The team played really well yesterday and I thought we could have won the game."

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:56pm On Sep 11
charlesemeka85:

I know the interim manager now, Augustine Eguavoen who managed me when I was a kid. U17, he was my coach, took us to the World Cup.

"Fantastic guy, lovely guy, a manager who gives you all the freedom in the world to express yourself, speaks to you really well.

"He reminds me so much of Carlo Ancelotti, no jokes about that, his man management is top. He speaks to players really well. He is so humble. He communicates with players really well, puts his arm around you.

"He gets his players on his side, that's so important. You could see coming in short notice and getting the team to play so well. You can't teach them so much is such a short space of time.

"It's about the communication, it's about the man management of making the players so relaxed so they can perform and that's what I saw when I watched the game because the team performed really well, the first game, and also the second game. Of course we didn't win it but there was so much positivity.

"The team played really well yesterday and I thought we could have won the game."
Eguavoen also gave him his first Super Eagles cap as well.
BTW wetin Iwobi do am wey e go sit down for naughty corner on the stadium tracks like say dem punish am.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:59pm On Sep 11
charlesemeka85:

U sha Dey campaign for eguavoen …no worry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11
Meliforme:

I actually disagree with your view on Fisayo here. One place he shone for me yesterday was how he covered defensive gaps. He might not go haywire in pursuing opposition players with the ball but if you watch his movement, he always goes to block dangerous areas. This makes him important in defense.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:21pm On Sep 11
elyte89:

U sha Dey campaign for eguavoen …no worry
nooooo but e go good mk u comot mind for super eagles job and consider Tonga’s offer ooo

Just saying 😏🤣🤣

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 9:30pm On Sep 11
If Rwanda president no come watch them for all the remaining match with super eagles (whetter home or away)...

Shame na e own😒
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11
viccy12:

I pointed out his inability to create play the day we played Rwanda. Anyone can play one touch football ,all you need is communication. But Dele Bashiru is not that creative player we have been yearning for.

I haven't seen the Ojediran and Uche play. Until then, we don't have a reliable creative midfielder

Tell me which central attacking midfielder you know in any top club that plays the way you are yearning for?

Creative midfield is no more a one man show but a team work business.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11
do4luv14:

Question or not, there are those who had been send on such missions and had performed by qualifying us,

Buh can same be said of AE??
no vex oo who are the those…for years our qualifiers has always been started by a coach and seeing it through to the end, na only when we get k-leg them go bring in AE
is it Amodu?
Is it keshi?
Is it Gernot Rohr?
is it peseiro?
Is it Westerhorf
Which qualifying series AE started and finished biko?…remind me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11
humility33:

Besides Amodu I can't remember anyone else
Amodu was employed in 2001 and was relieved in 2002 meaning he oversaw the team’s qualification to world cup and Afcon from beginning to the end
also the 2010 WCQ and AfconQ he started and ended both campaigns…not as if he was drafted to lead the team and perfom magic for two remaining matches just like how they use to do eguavoen
in 2006 WCQ and 2022 WCQ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11
potland:
you did not see keshi. Keeping skipping
Keshi was employed fully
He started AfconQ campaign from 2012 and ended and led the team to Afcon 2013 and started his WCQ campaign from beginning to the end and led the team to R-16 of the WC, He was allowed to continue till we lost Afcon ticket in 2015
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11
SamueItem337:
😂
It will be a good boost for the hotel and tourism industry of akwa ibom. The seed of Godswill Akpabio. Infact why isn't Benin Republic playing their matches in Nigeria as well. Nigeria ought to have both Abuja and the Akwa ibom stadium up to standard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11
charlesemeka85:

i think he also gave Mikel his first senior team call up in 2005 and scored his first afcon goal against Zimbabwe in the group stage under AE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11
potland:
Give oliseh the job

this thread has been peaceful grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11
lexyman:

this thread has been peaceful grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11
minfelix:

i think he also gave Mikel his first senior team call up in 2005 and scored his first afcon goal against Zimbabwe in the group stage under AE
and took him to 2003 u17 World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Charlesemeka ... there are some things you rather not say in public ... not because they are bad . but just not to bridge peace and harmony ...i dont know where that guy came from .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16659) (16660) (16661) (16662) (16663) (16664) (16665) ... (16788) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lyster360(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.