Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,261 members, 7,894,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12106011 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1842) (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) ... (16446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justvictor57(m): 5:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Onyekuru doesn't wanna know if you're a big player or not. If he has made up his mind to dribble you, he will surely get past you. Thats the confidence in him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:49am On Oct 19, 2017
junnyjake:
This Noah Bazee, seems to be rated highly by Rorh. I won't be surprised if he makes the world cup squad.
The guy looks great. We might have a potential gem in our hands

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
Wenger suddenly knew Alex Iwobi was a good player after he was called up for Nigeria, and decided to renew his contract. You had a good argument initially considering Iwobi had barely made the first team at the time, but you went on to mess it up.
Wenger also tried to block him from playing for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:10am On Oct 19, 2017
edi287:

The guy looks great. We might have a potential gem in our hands

Is d guy now injury free?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:24am On Oct 19, 2017
elyte89:

Is d guy now injury free?
Yeah he's back in training.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:27am On Oct 19, 2017
edi287:

Yeah he's back in training.

If DT shld b d case,l hope rohr will hand him an invitation for d next game

And I hope he won't turn out to b another Mikel Agu wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
when people say let's go back to the days, I start to wonder, when countries are moving forward. If we want to develop football from the grassroots let's learn from those who got it right over the years and possibly improve on it -- why not?
Like i said before, it would take sincerity and integrity to accomplish this. Our pursuit of abroad-bred players is a different kettle of fish. Smart countries get the best talents wherever and whenever they can.
Yes we need to go back to d day of principal cup,YSFON,NIPOGA,NUGA and other youth development programs with honestly and sincerity,i thinks something w comes out of it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:39am On Oct 19, 2017
elyte89:

If DT shld b d case,l hope rohr will hand him an invitation for d next game

And I hope he won't turn out to b another Mikel Agu wink
Lmaoooooo nerves can make players look useless.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
Thank you! I don't think we ever had it right with grassroots development.

If u are talking about grassroots development in d 80s,I w say we got it right until politics and corruption set in and ruined d whole thing.

I can tell u 75% of our athletes then were from youth sport festival,NIPOGA and NUGA games and 1985 U17 winning team were from Principal Cup and YSFON tournaments, d problem started when we started introducing d leagues players to U 17,no thanks to our coaches and officials.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2017
DrKlever:
Bro my nephew is 13. dude took wassce this year. and he is about 6ft tall with beards. so i don't even know what. you guys are arguing about. someone says he is 20, accept it unless you have a proof to discredit their claim... If you see me presently you might think I'm probably 20 cause of my young look and scanty beards. I don't understand why Nigerians derive joy in ridiculing our own and when foreigners starts calling us name, we join force to fight then yet we gave them what they use against us... please stop making Nigeria and Nigerians look bad, even if we cheat, we ain't alone in it. south americans etc cheat... Look closely at coasta and tell me he looks his age. how many times have you seen Spaniards call him out for age cheating This nonsense must stop. some fools even fake stories claiming they attended same schools with the player just to ridicule them. it might sound funny to you but it's foolishness. No be una born them!
Don't mind us,ask most of them here to bring their birth certificate, what they w bring out is court affidavits.Most have rolled their age backwards but when it comes to players we keep on criticising and telling them they are crooked.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Kog45:
Jobie pls has anybody on this thread condemned our pursuit of foreign born players

Sir, if people are singing the song of pursuing foreign born players today, I taught them that song whole heartedly for donkey years before they started dancing to the tune and now sanging d sung.. grin

In short, I was almost crucified for that but here we are, all the foreign borns are currently the best in the team. Mikel Obi excluded. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Corruption everywhere. Grassroot football is not spared, corruption is a scurge we can't help but live with in naij.
One academy like that went for a competition outside their state . I think they lost in the group stages of the tournament, you know what their manager did? He simply walked into a sports shop and bought a trophy to show the club financier.. Lol
Haba goldfish80 u want to kill me with laughter, a manager bought a trophy, d club financier must be a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

I never under rated Tega just didn't expect him to be this good so soon.

Solanke yes but was proved wrong.

Bobby I am saying too much I see very very regular training and in games predominantly U23 and I just haven't seen anything exceptional to warrant an immediate call to the Eagles.

In my opinion Seyi Ojo is better, I would rate Fred Onyedinma above him as well. But a lot of the time football is about that big word, OPPORTUNITY and what you do with it.
to be honest wit you....I thibk Bobby may prove better as he progress....
it is more easier going after players willing to play for us...than going after those who are indifferent...

better we get him capped and as such prepare him for the next Olympic tournament.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Big YES
Kog45:
Jobie pls has anybody on this thread condemned our pursuit of foreign born players

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2017
Nobody denied that
edi287:

Wenger also tried to block him from playing for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2017
When did corruption start in Nigeria, and when will it end?
Now that we have MRI hopefully we will use it with all sincerity.
I hope you know where I am going? It's a pipe dream..

Kog45:
Yes we need to go back to d day of principal cup,YSFON,NIPOGA,NUGA and other youth development programs with honestly and sincerity,i thinks something w comes out of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
when people say let's go back to the days, I start to wonder, when countries are moving forward. If we want to develop football from the grassroots let's learn from those who got it right over the years and possibly improve on it -- why not?
Like i said before, it would take sincerity and integrity to accomplish this. Our pursuit of abroad-bred players is a different kettle of fish. Smart countries get the best talents wherever and whenever they can.
When we are saying let go back to d old day doesn't mean go back to d old system.

But let have a modern day plan for our young ones with youth programs like Principal cup,YSFON, NIPOGA,NUGA instead of focusing on local league for our under age national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
When did corruption start in Nigeria, and when will it end?
Now that we have MRI hopefully we will use it with all sincerity.
I hope you know where I am going? It's a pipe dream..

Yea I understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
Big YES
OK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
You have been seeing him since he was 15, what has that got to do with what tbaba123 said? Aina looks older today at least on pics. I agree with that.

The diction, That's a BIG FAT LIE is wrong and really I withdraw that with humble pie apology.

What I should have said I DISAGREE STRONGLY it's an opinion not a fact. And to be honest Tbaba has always been a gentleman so that's ungentle manly conduct on my part.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
Big YES
OK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2017
I didn't expect that from you. But thanks so much for the apology.

komekn:

The diction, That's a BIG FAT LIE is wrong and really I withdraw that with humble pie apology.

What I should have said I DISAGREE STRONGLY it's an opinion not a fact. And to be honest Tbaba has always been a gentleman so that's ungentle manly conduct on my part.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Lugo is second on the league and Ramon Azeez has started and finished all their matches so far.

How do you see his game? grin

the guy has been very good which is why when theGoodJoe said he isn't fast I was left confused, the same Azeez that plays for Lugo? The guy has a nice passing range, he isn't the most flashy but he does his work with diligence. Watching him I think he can play both the CMF and DMF role very well, beats me how he is playing for Lugo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:25am On Oct 19, 2017
I think the problem we have and it will take us years and years for it to go away is that we don't have computerized way of keeping records.
In fact almost all health institutions in NIGERIA have refused to embrace the technology of keeping records. I remember going to a National hospital in Abuja the other day, and a patient will have to move from one office to another within the hospital before you finally get to the queue to be seen by a doctor. In this age? it's crazy. Forge affidavit of age declaration is so common. I wonder why everybody seem to have lost their original birth certificates. I still have mine till this day. Corruption is now our culture.. Although I believe some Nigerians are not corrupt, but even the masses partake in corruption like it is the only way to get by. The situation is just pathetic.

Kog45:
When we are saying let go back to d old day doesn't mean go back to d old system.

But let have a modern day plan for our young ones with youth programs like Principal cup,YSFON, NIPOGA,NUGA instead of focusing on local league for our under age national team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

the guy has been very good which is why when theGoodJoe said he isn't fast I was left confused, the same Azeez that plays for Lugo? The guy has a nice passing range, he isn't the most flashy but he does his work with diligence. Watching him I think he can play both the CMF and DMF role very well, beats me how he is playing for Lugo

Is he as fast as Onazi?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2017
He made the drop with Almeria. Bad agent at work. Usually, he should have been retained by another La Liga side.

Mickael2:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Kog45:
Don't mind us,ask most of them here to bring their birth certificate, what they w bring out is court affidavits.Most have rolled their age backwards but when it comes to players we keep on criticising and telling them they are crooked.

I honestly cannot believe you bought that ridiculous story. Growing beards at 13? Except he has a rare case of hormonal imbalance then it isn't possible. He may have one or two strands of beard on his cheek but once he cuts them off they aren't growing back. I know we all want to believe Iheanacho's age and I do, but telling ridiculous stories such as this won't help our claim
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

I am talking playing with pace and you are talking passing range. Na wa. Is Azeez a pacy player? The talk was in respect to dealing with a pacy player like Matuidi. Get the point before writing thegoodjoe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Is he as fast as Onazi?

depends on what you mean by 'fast'. If you mean straight line pace then YES he is, but if you mean rushing at players, marking aggressively with pace then NO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

I honestly cannot believe you bought that ridiculous story. Growing beards at 13? Except he has a rare case of hormonal imbalance then it isn't possible. He may have one or two strands of beard on his cheek but once he cuts them off they aren't growing back. I know we all want to believe Iheanacho's age and I do, but telling ridiculous stories such as this won't help our claim

Iheanacho passed the MRI scan test. Whether you want to believe it or not, it makes no difference from scientific facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2017
u can exaggerate sha o.. na ur way

forgiveness:

Sir, if people are singing the song of pursuing foreign born players today, I thought them that song whole heartedly for donkey before they started dancing to the tune and now sanging d sung.. grin

In short, I was almost crucified for that but here we are, all the foreign borns are currently the best in the team. Mikel Obi excluded. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am talking playing with pace and you are talking passing range. Na wa. Is Azeez a pacy player? The talk was in respect to dealing with a pacy player like Matuidi. Get the point before writing thegoodjoe.

if Matuidi is your own definition of a pacy player then YES Azeez is pacy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1842) (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) ... (16446) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, delana(m), opes and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.