Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,198 members, 7,963,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12517359 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) ... (16731) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
grin grin grin

Bro, in 1994 Bulgaria came 2nd in our group but they ended up winning the bronze medal. Whereas we who finished 1st crashed out in the round of 16. So it doesn't really matter who finished first or second ... as long as you're moving thru.

O pari

Lol grin...i see.. Looking like Argentina will not qualify... Just have a feeling... I dunno beware of Iceland.. Do you know the coach of Iceland?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
Because Nigeria will go through as the surprise team.

Icon79:
All the clowns on Fox Sports are picking Argentina and Croatia to advance out of the group. About 6 people on the panel and none of them picked Nigeria to go thru.

Clowns on TV angry sad

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
That former naija coach? Now worries, we'll beat them like a drum.

We'll make him pay for all the money he took from Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup grin

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:

Lol grin...i see.. Looking like Argentina will not qualify... Just have a feeling... I dunno beware of Iceland.. Do you know the coach of Iceland?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
terzurum5:
Brace scored by Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis in Lokeren 0-4 Club Brugge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjcyYyea-B4
Look at the first goal he scored.
The defender together with the goalkeeper managed to close up on him, yet he still had the confidence to slot the ball pass the goalkeeper in between his legs.

This guy can become a deadly striker.

Will he be eligible to play for the next U20?

No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
Bro take it from someone who knows, you'll be surprised when you see a rejuvenated Argentine team in Russia. I am actually glad that we're not playing them first .... that would give us a chance to watch them play. Saying that Argentina isn't gonna make it out of group D is not realistic. Our best option is to beat Croatia.

And in addition, I am picking Messi to win it all this time, so what do you expect to say? grin

O pari

. Definitely Argentina will want revenge and I'm so counting on that because by then we will counterattack and finish them off. I'm thinking of Iwobi disgracing Mascherano again like he did. Oh my,how joyful that would be to watch. I want Messi to win gold just as I want Buffon to win the champions league but definitely not at the expense of my beloved Naija and Barca. At the world cup our boys will be there fully,talking about Ighalo,Moses,etc. I so pity any defense with those two upfront.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kog45:
Yea such favour only exists in an unideal society where good performance is overlook and man know man reign supremely.

grin grin grin

No need to add anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
Joebie:
We will pay dearly if we use that friendly match to rate Argentina.

Who will do that? Croatia is very strong... Iceland is very strong too... Then we all know Argentina

Is not going to be a child's play but hard work and dedication... We won't underrate any team.

Work should start immediately by getting video tape of last Euro matches and Croatia games... Let start the studying now...

The race start today..

Proposed England, Uruguay and Belgium or Poland friendly..

It seems England and Serbia is kind certain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
I don't mind how unrealistic it seems but go and mark it down and refer to this post next year. We will thrash a team at the WC 7:0. Yes I said it.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
Fair group, one that we can come out of.. Croatia is tricky but so is Nigeria. A good result in the first game is vital.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon4s:

Don't blame them. Just like if you are asked who would qualify from Group B I am sure you'll pick Spain and Portugal but the Moroccans would believe they can go through.

But from my experience of past WCs, upsets do happen. Costa Rica topped a group that had Italy and Spain the last time.

This world cup would be explosive. So many teams are in form and there are no weak teams except maybe Panama.
Nope, he won't. He will pick Morocco ahead of Portugal because he's a Messi fan and he hates Ronaldo. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
It’s a great thing we are playing Croatia first. I think we will have best chance beating them that way. And hopefully we seal it up with Iceland. Argentina last.. great!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Amen cool

O pari

Joebie:
Because Nigeria will go through as the surprise team.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
That former naija coach? Now worries, we'll beat them like a drum.

We'll make him pay for all the money he took from Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup grin

O pari

Largebeer..sorry lars largebark ...i pray o... The man gonna dissect us serious.. He knows our weak point... Coach Rohr and other admins just need to start work earnestly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
Today is AmajuPinnick's Birthday! Happy Birthday Mr President

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kog45:
Do we really need these top friendly matches before performing at WC.I remember US 94 team did not really played any top friendly and they surprised all,our France 98 was exposed by Holland 5-1 before WC,what happened against Denmark 4-1 even in our group stage we lost 3-1 to Paraguay.

Let this team play smaller team even club sides to enhance their cohesion and tactics and arrive WC fresh to unleash their weapons.

Good time for Rohr to sit down and start in earnest,enough of average switchers,what we need now is just back up striker for Ighalo and Iheanacho,GK he should just close his eyes and pick the three from Uzoho,Ezenwa,Akpeyi,Ajiboye and Alampasu.The rest are good to go,nothing to add in the Defence and midfield except we see exceptional player.

We need top friendlies if we are to identify our best players and polish our tactical play. Keep in mind, it was lack of exposure that made us fail in our game against Italy in USA '94.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
We are going to play Argentina last in the group stages, right? Who knows, both countries must have qualified before we play each other. And we may probably meet them again the finals grin

O pari

COOL10:
. Definitely Argentina will want revenge and I'm so counting on that because by then we will counterattack and finish them off. I'm thinking of Iwobi disgracing Mascherano again like he did. Oh my,how joyful that would be to watch. I want Messi to win gold just as I want Buffon to win the champions league but definitely not at the expense of my beloved Naija and Barca. At the world cup our boys will be there fully,talking about Ighalo,Moses,etc. I so pity any defense with those two upfront.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
jihday:
England not Spain
Yeah thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pascal679: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
jihday:
bros you like conspiracy theory sha
I but it is true ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Our players have changed so has out system of play since he coached us. So good luck with him trying to overanalyze our game.

I am not worried about Iceland. We are not England, we'll trash Iceland. Guaranteed! grin

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:

Largebeer..sorry lars largebark ...i pray o... The man gonna dissect us serious.. He knows our weak point... Coach Rohr and other admins just need to start work earnestly

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
Our players have changed so has out system of play since he coached us. So good luck with him trying to overanalyze our game.

I am not worried about Iceland. We are not England, we'll trash Iceland. Guaranteed! grin

O pari

You are sounding over confidence. I'm not with you... Need to check those team out first...

We just to keep our head down like we did during WC qualifiers... Then get the job done slowly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Haha!! Seriously, go back in time and double check what I said. Even South Africa got the easiest group in 2010! Japan and Korea has pretty easy groups in 2002.

O pari

jihday:
bros you like conspiracy theory sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
We are going to play Argentina last in the group stages, right? Who knows, both countries must have qualified before we play each other. And we may probably meet them again the finals grin

O pari

. grin Ah ah,God forbid. If that happens then you'll know that it's spiritual. After the group stages,we shouldn't cross paths again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
time to get Joel Obi into the team. We need his technical prowess to augment those of Mikel in the mid field. Should come in handy against Iceland especially, a team I feel would likely defend deep (my polite phrase for parking the bus) and play on the counter.

We need all the technicians we can lay our hands on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
Them wipe us since 1994 but power must change hands 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
The Icelandic team I saw during Euro should not defeat the current Super Eagles team. We gotta be having a really bad day for them to beat us. I am not even worried about Iceland to be quite honest with you. My big concerns are Argentina and Croatia.

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:

You are sounding over confidence. I'm not with you... Need to check those team out first...

We just to keep our head down like we did during WC qualifiers... Then get the job done slowly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
When Messi hears that his team will meet Nigeria again.

"Oh, my chest"!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
Just have a feeling that come 2018 Argentina won't beat us... Maybe draw or we win...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
The Icelandic team I saw during Euro should not defeat the current Super Eagles team. We gotta be having a really bad day for them to beat us. I am not even worried about Iceland to be quite honest with you. My big concerns are Argentina and Croatia.

O pari

Okay great.. Let wait and see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
junnyjake:

No
why day no...I will prefer that young boy over the Martins many are crying for here....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Baldg: 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Right now, I just dey reason CROATIA matter.. Modric... Midfield Maestro Rakitic.. Midfield Marshall. Kovacic.. Midfieldér Perisic.. Winger toh badt Mandzukic.. Lethal Striker. Subasic.. Good Goalkeeper.
sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Baldg: 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Truidstar:

Una don start ooooo

You de mind them.

If you can't qualify from this group, na group wen get France, Germany and Brazil you wan qualify from?

in the end I'd like that we surprise those who never gave us a chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) ... (16731) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Famocious(m), Pidginwhisper, Ppogbae, charlesemeka85(m) and 163 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.