Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,508 members, 7,929,647 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12312077 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) ... (16538) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Obviously they are not adding. I'm saying that as it stands is not too much? Considering that players will be coming off the back of a hectic season. Injuries ooo and possibility of fatigue setting in during the WC is my concern ooo.
it is not too much...have you fogotten that the aim of the friendlies is also to help rohr arrive @ his 23 man squad....?

some players may not get to play all the match....it will surely go round..that will afford the coach to get his pick....

keshi team of 2014 played same between may-June...
Scotland,USA and Greece....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
NFF reveals World Cup program

To several applauses and commendation for good planning and focus, the Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday in Lagos made public its 2018 FIFA World Cup program for the Super Eagles, revealing venues and dates for six pre-World Cup friendly matches, kit launch, camping programmes and venues, the team base camp, sponsors’ event and how the team will travel during the World Cup finals proper.

NFF President Amaju Pinnick unfurled the entire program at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, immediately after the contract signing with Coca-Cola.

The program explained that the Eagles will play Poland, Serbia, Democratic Republic of Congo, England, Czech Republic an a yet-to-be-named South American team on the way to the World Cup finals in Russia.

On 7th February in London, kit sponsors NIKE will unveil the official kit the Eagles will use at the World Cup finals, while a Sponsors/Partners event will hold also in London hours after the friendly with England’s Three Lions at Wembley on 2nd June.

The team’s first phase camping will hold in Abuja or Uyo between 22nd and 30th May, while the second phase camping will hold at a health resort in Austria 3rd – 11th June.

The close camp at the Eagles’ official World Cup team base camp is at Yessentuki, Stavropol Territory in Russia’s southern region, starting 11th June.

KEY DATES

7th February: NIKE to launch official kit in London

23rd March: Friendly Vs Poland in Warsaw

27th March: Friendly Vs Serbia in London

22nd May – 30th May: First Phase Camping in Abuja/Uyo

28th May: Friendly Vs DR Congo in Abuja/Uyo

2nd June: Friendly Vs England in London. (Same night, Sponsors/Partners event in London)

3rd – 11th June: Second Phase camping in Austria

6th June: Friendly Vs Czech Republic in Austria

9th June: Friendly Vs TBC in Austria

From 11th June: Close camp at team base camp in Yessentuki

http://www.thenff.com/2018/01/nff-reveals-world-cup-program/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
Humility017:

it baffles me how you talk sometimes...
making reference to traore is quite funny...
can you compare goal scoring chances created by Chelsea in a match to that of leicester?
moreover when nancho was in a team that creates better goal scoring opportunities he scored even more goals and created a record in the epl as a player wit highest number of goals by per minutes ratio...a record troare never dare creates despite the huge goal scoring opportunities Chelsea creates...in his time...

in his sojourn in Ajax now Marseille he has never been short of game time...so why won't he deliver....?
even the Manchester prodigy who left for Lyon have been profilic in the French League likewise the erstwhile Chelsea (falcao) and man city (balotelli)

I swear the way you misunderstand people is baffling. Did I say Traore is better than Nacho? Someone pointed out that 10mins aint enough time to make an impact, I then used Traore as an example how is that bad?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Thanks Doc. I saw how they came for your head and it was funny to me. I laugh no be small and said kai na im good for you grin grin.
On a serious note though, I have said it that both those who mollycoddle Iheanacho and those who criticize him all the time are no good for him. At best a good mix is what is needed.
And again one is tempted to put Iheanacho down when one sees the unrealistically high praises he receives here with words like world class etc(personally I don't see him as world class at all. Just a good player at least for now). But then to do this is to REACT instead of to RESPOND. To respond means you state the facts as you see them not in reaction to the trumpeters.

As for the psychology you kukuma be dokita. I trust you know better. Cheers my man.

their attack sef tire me, like I said anything bad. Anyways I am glad you understood my point, that's why you be my man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's no reason to call him a goat Bro. We engage ourselves here in a civil manner. Kindly delete the insults. It's needless and in a certain sense shows you have no respect for yourself because if you do, you won't find it so easy to insult another just because he has a contrary opinion from yours.

No mind me jor I will apologise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Musa scores grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Famocious:
Musa scores grin

Our players no wan gree ooo grin cheesy grin grin
They are really working hard. But then, Musa deserves better, that guy have saved us so many times in his good days.

I should if he sees any opportunity for that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
I like this..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

If any man thinks he is wise let him become a fool for the wisdom of men is foolishness to God.

Your supposed wisdom that criticism is good is foolishness to me. And I can prove my word a thousand times that encouragement is a million times more beneficial than criticism.

I said encourage but your mind interpreted it as spoil, condone, pet. Naaa. Encouragement is never too much. Even your Bible in the book of Hebrews 3:13 says:But encourage one another every day, while it is called today...
Again In Hebrews 10:25 it says:but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching...

komekn says too much is not good. Bible says to encourage one another daily, all the more. Omo, make I follow Bible not komekn.

Seems you don't understand what encouragement means but let me illustrate what I mean by encouragement : Iheanacho, my boy, you have not been scoring goals anymore or playing well. Your body language shows nonchalance. What's the problem, why, what's happening (encouragement probes but criticism takes everything for granted because it is only concerned with results) I hope you know alot of people are looking up to you. I know you have it in you. Please work hard, work very hard and prove yourself to yourself, to your loved ones, to your nation.
This is the sort of thing good fathers and loving mothers do. But the foolish ones think they can criticize their children into success. I just dey laugh at their mumuness.

But unlike encouragement, criticism says Iheanacho you are not good, you are no good, you are no good, when he scores criticism says ohhh it's a weak team, when he scores against a strong team criticism twist and says ohh it was luck, when he scored one criticism says why did he not score two, ohhhhhh this, ohhhh that. Such criticism is a fraud. There's nothing more sneakily pernicious, more deadly than this kind of withering criticism.

I wanted to pose a test right here on this thread to illustrate human nature because we sometimes find it ever so easy to criticize Nacho because somehow he is an abstraction to us. We forget his humanity. I wanted to pose this simple test: if you know that in your personal life you do well when you are criticized, in fact you love being criticized click like, if you know you do well when you are encouraged then click share. But I refrained because it would have looked petty.

It's not for nothing that some shout hater, hatred here to some monikers in the face of their vitriolic, soul destroying criticisms. Criticism especially habitual criticism is really low grade hatred. If you love someone you will encourage them, you encourage them hard. Tough love. Have you seen Morgan Freeman's 'Lean on. Me'? Go and watch it if you have not so that you will understand what I mean by encouragement.

I repeat even flowers and plants generally (and it's documented) blossom and become more fruitful when they are encouraged and wilt or die when they pick up negative vibes for example if the flowers are being watered by an unhappy critical person.

(forgive me forumites for making my point using religious text) You are a Christian but you seem not to understand the power of the word. You seem not to understand what faith means, it seems you don't understand what it means when your Bible says your God calls the things that are not as though there were, you don't understand it when the Bible says God calls light out of darkness. He doesn't do it by saying there's darkness(failure), there's darkness (failure) there's darkness (failure) No ooooooo. He looks at darkness and sees light and( in true metaphysical sense it's not even the darkness he looks at but himself) and says I see light(success) I see light (success) I see light(success) and then he lets out: let they be light and surely light comes.

But when you see Iheanacho all you harp on is his failure. Even more shockingly in the face of his little success you still remind him of his failure and comfort yourself by saying he needs to be consistent, he isn't convincing yet. You don't know that by talking about failure continously you increase its vibration and perpetuate it, meanwhile you keep getting frustrated because it's success you want but failure is what you get because you are violating the law of the seed, the law of vibration, the law of the universe. I remember when I was a child, one time my father was always criticising me that I breaking the plates while washing them. Omo, na so I continue to break plates dey go ooo even though I tried hard not to but for where. He called me plate breaker and plate breaker I became. As an adult I now understand the psychology behind it: we a word controlled beings. He sewed the seed of breaking plates in my heart and because every seed produces after its kind, it produced an harvest of plate breaking. I tell you encourage, don't criticize but you say I am talking foolishness.

At the beginning of his ministry Jesus looked at Simon (Simon means Reed, a plant that waffles in the wave of the waters) in all his weakness, his waverings and inconsistencies and saw beyond those flaws. That's why he said you are Simon (weak) son of Jonah BUT you shall be called PETER (rock). But then Peter still didn't become Peter. He betrayed Jesus when threatened by a little girl. Yet that did not change Jesus' conviction. Hence at the end of his earthly Ministry immediately he resurrected he told the disciples to go tell Peter that he's risen and later on he reinstated Peter himself. That's encouragement, that's the investment of belief that pays off as success. God asked Jacob 'what is your name?' My name is Jacob' he replied. God said to him, "Your name is Jacob, but you will no longer be called Jacob; your name will be Israel." So he named him Israel. Look deep and you will understand what is going on in the psychodrama between God and Jacob. Jacob is the name of his failure. God changed it.

Lastly you say my words are nonsensical and lack substance. No wahala. But I have noticed(and I trust others too have) however subtly that you have begun to temper your criticism with the salt of some little word of hope or at least some little positive word. My words as nonsensical and unsubstantiated as they are is percolating into you and causing some shift. It's not a victory for me. It's a victory for you my dear Sir komekn (how did you even come about this most oddest of monikers? grin grin grin)

This your write up is way too long.

The word of God is infallible.

However, when you take the word out of context then you have used the word to CON.

To those who have ears to hear let them hear, I have too much reverence of the word, to say anymore.

My comments where specific to the parts of your write that I put in bold.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
So it would be Poland, Serbia, England, Czech republic, DRC and then Chile/Morocco?

Is that it?

That Serbia game mhenn....

I'm just excited for it and I don't know why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
Icon4s:

They should just remember we are not going for a fashion parade.

Lolll.

I think it's for commercial purposes and to promote the Nigerian brand as well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
Meanwhile, The Walcott has passed his medicals at Everton.. and with Sanchez and Ozil future in doubt this January, our boy is gonna see more playing time at arsenal..

Hopefully,we will see less criticism on him...

Yes sir

Hopefully, he proves his critics wrong

And steps up big time to fill the vacuum (should Sanchez and Ozil leave this January)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Okay.... Still subject to approval. Well, five games are already more than enough but if we can make it six, then fine. No biggie. The more, the merrier in this case. wink

And on other matters, wow, very cool. Boosting our staff with competent nutritionists and then analysts will be just great. Very essential to the overall scientific approach a good team must employ on the global stage. Another psychologist in the team may also help out that is if we have one already.... We need the best of two shrinks working hand in hand and bouncing ideas off each other for the team's best.

Getting coaches to work with players at their clubs. True, you are right. We have already seeing that in action with Uzoho. Maybe Musa is also in the picture here who knows?

Very commendable from Rohr and the NFF and thanks for the top updates Sir Tbaba1234. Very exciting times ahead indeed. smiley

Bro, we don't have psychologists in the team.

We might tend to overlook that but in my opinion, it is quite worrisome

When the going gets tough, Rohr may not be able to motivate and Psyche up the players as well as a psychologist would because he would be overwhelmed with tactics and game-plans. I feel he would also benefit from the therapy of a psychologist too.

Managing the SE and Playing for the SE can take its toll emotionally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mickael2:

encouragement I can agree with, infact I dish it out times without number, heck I even said Iheanacho would be my first choice ahead of Ighalo going to the world cup, that's on record which is why I don't reply senseless comments tagging me a hater when I am just trying to be realistic.

Ok now let's look at it this way, Iwobi once had a bad game and as usual goldfish80 called him out for it, I believe it was only tbaba1234 and basco that came to his rescue which is why when tbaba1234 took up this Iheanacho matter with me I kept quiet believing that he is the type of guy who gives a soft hand to everybody, that I can accept.

But then 10mins into a game(AGAINST FLEETWOOD)people were already saying how improved Iheanacho's game is(AGAINST FLEETWOOD) and immediately I said wait for the game to finish, I had tens of guys coming for my head, one perpetual noisemaker even made a lame joke about secondary school when I said Fleetwood is a non-division side, the only time I have ever heard of Fleetwood was when Vardy led Leicester to the league title, I mean we were told that Leicester went from playing for a sunday league team to winning the Epl and since Fleetwood was his team I immediately thought they were still a sunday league team which I aptly corrected afterall. Ok now if Martins plunders goals against Chinese teams we say they are poor, but now Fleetwood is raising so much emotion in our bowls? When you have a kid who went from taking 1st to taking 20, what will you tell the kid when he starts taking 15 when you know very well he can take that top prize? If Mbappe scores a double against Amiens will people even talk about it? That is what it should be, I believe in encouragement but when you encourage mediocrity then there really isn't any room for us to move forward, when you tell a kid that his failings are as a result of everyother persons' fault except his then how is he expected to sit up?(cc theGoodJoe).

Icon4s was making a lot of sense though, we should rejoice with him, we learn things about psychology and during marriage counselling we do tell parents that it's not all the time that you will show your kid that you are pleased with what they did outrightly, I mean if your 16year old kid boils yam for the first time, you may be happy but calm down, act is if you missed it and tomorrow he will cook yam porridge to impress you more, then and only then will you now congratulate him for that one and for the one he cooked the day before that. You are more into law which entails attacking things outrightly which is why I understand your stand, I am only suprised that someone like theSuperNerd does not understand my own point of view, but then again it's because it's me,if I say Nacho has a bad firs touch I am a hater

Hmmm.

As I said earlier, Oga Mickael2 may appear as a firm critic but I believe his firm belief in KC may inform his stoic criticisms

I feel he expects him to repeat such a fine performance against top-class teams consistently

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
Humility017:

adding to this will be too much...

And on TheNFF website they are considering playing Morocco / Chile on the 9th though subject to the coaches approval.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kog45:
My man are you saying playing for U23 which is youth football is enough for WC bound player

You know there is a huge gulf between U23's football and senior team football. Indeed many U23's EPL sides will be flogged by a good non league side.

It's a fools paradise to think you are improving keeping fit yes. But match fit and sharpness a big No No to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
komekn:

You know there is a huge gulf between U23's football and senior team football. Indeed many U23's EPL sides will be flogged by a good non league side.

It's a fools paradise to think you are improving keeping fit yes. But match fit and sharpness a big No No to me.

I hope Musa is looking for a move this january to at least get him in shape for the WC.

Under 23 is not good enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I congratulated Funke. In fact, when some were trying to play down on its achievement at the time, I had to remind them that Avengers:Infinity war will be one of 2018's best and most profitable movies financially at the box office, so being part of a project like that even as a cameo background character is quite an attainment.

But now you speak of Nacho - Kayode.... please who castigated Kayode because of Nacho's performance yesterday? I think I only saw one moniker who did so.... Realpoacher. The guy is one that I know mentioned Kayode and to me, I was like... "not again sad "

But who else Elder Kog45 because I fear your accusation on guys who stand up for Nacho is totally misplaced.

Iheanacho is the most vilified and most castigated player on this thread and in NL as a whole. The boy is almost always being put down by a host of people who feel he can easily be replaced despite his good run of form and records for the Super Eagles.

And please don't forget where all this nacho-kayode comparison began. It began with Egbon Forgiveness... (Ehmmmm... Egbon Sir Forgiveness... abeg no vex... I just wan make point okay. Hope say u dey okay. I never see you for a while now sef.)

Now, Egbon Forgiveness started it as a way of showing all that Nacho can be replaced and by who? Well , he brought up Solanke and then later Kayode as better options upfront.

Now before this, There was no issues with anyone being tribalistic as regards showing support and love to one of Nigeria's Golden boys , Kelechi Iheanacho (take or leave it, you know he is one of Nigeria's most beloved players thus must also have the highest no. of critics).

But when Egbon Forgiveness brought up this issue and was always persistent with it as regards Nacho being trash upfront and brimimg up Kayode or solanke (way back then) as a better option, that was when people like me had to step in and try to balance things by saying that he should not rubbish Nacho just because he wants to make a case for Kayode or any other. That it is not fair and it is unhealthy.

Others got into the mix of the arguments too and as usual a mentality was formed for most. Someone even called Nacho useless as a no.9 (Sir Goldfish80 to be precise). Sir Goldfish80 also went on to make the bold prediction that Kayode will soon bang his first LA liga goal soon enough based on his attitude and dare. He said that as a way of saying Kayode will even get a league goal in Spain before Nacho. Look... guys, I don't forget things oooo... I watch and I take note.

Now because of all these... it is not surprising to see someone like Realpoacher always on Goldfish80's and Mickael2's cases... but I must use this opportunity to finally call him out. Omo Sir Realpoacher... Abeg. even if you must tackle or oppose their views, don't do it in a manner that defames their character biko. Those guys are valuable members of the thread and have been here long enough before you showed up. So please accord them that respect even if you must oppose okay. Thanks man. smiley

Now back to the matter of tribalism.... elder kog 45.

It is not as if anyone wants Kayode to fail just to prove a point. Nope... because from all I have observed so far, na only Realpoacher call out Kayode and obviously becos Kayode is always being used by Egbon Forgiveness and the other Nacho critics to run down Nacho and make him look like a lost cause.

So this is the true angle. I do not support running down of any player to uplift another. Nooooooo.... but I pray that all desist from using a player to run down another. If you must castigate a player, then do so with care and love and not with pull down mentality.

Iheanacho, it is not his fault that he is well loved in Nigeria and as well have more critics. It is obvious... he is one of our golden boys. See the views this thread got just because Nacho was in action and reviews of his performance were coming left, right and centre... iwobi, moses, and even Ndidi have never garnered such views like Nacho on this thread. Only Mikel rivals Nacho for such views sef but Nacho still edges slightly.

You cannot accuse people who speak up for Nacho for tribalism becos from my observation, guys here who speak up for him and won't go down hard on him in a near destructive manner like The critics do cut across the length and breadth of Nigeria. All major tribes represented here have guys and laides who will speak up for Nacho. So the point of tribalism is absurd.

Like I said, there was never a debate on players comparison until Egbon Forgiveness brought that in. So when people speak up for Nacho, it is to counter what Forgiveness have said to rubbish Nacho and praise Kayode or Solanke. That is the gospel truth.
And it also leads to a psychological reaction to always praise Nacho's good moments in order to drown the earlier opinions of Nacho being trash and way below Kayode and Solanke.

Egbon Forgiveness started the comparison and players rubbishing. He started that and we all cannot deny it if we are truthful but then I feel he was just doing it in the way he understood. He may not change but I have learnt to avoid towing that line with him now coz I am focused on the bigger picture. But what I have outlined is the truth. Showing Love and support for Nacho is not a case of tribalism but rather a case of a psychological defensive reaction against repeated comments washing down Nacho and making Kayode and Solanke gods over him in terms of talent and potentials.

Biko... I know the tides here so I won't lie. Let us be careful and wish all our players well. But don't expect a handshake when you bash one of our best Players in the GWG in order to praise another GWG player who is still seen as a fringe player in the team. Kayode for now is a fringe player and one of our own. He is a very fine player but for the team's sake, he is behind Nacho in the pecking order. Bashing Nacho so that you can make a case for Kayode will only lead to people defending Nacho's relevance and pointing to Nacho's records for us and if you are not observant and careful, you will think it is tribalism.

I repeat, defending or being happy for Nacho is not tribalism. It is only because he has been much vilified and insulted here and overly castigated. Itz a simpu sturvs rily.... wink

May the good Lord Bless you immeasurably for this post.

You have just dissected the crux of the matter to those that are willing to know the Genesis of this hullabaloo.

I will not turn a blind eye to the real motives of the critics of Iheanacho and the Super Eagles in general, even if we all refuse to see it. The rate at which they vilify Iheanacho and the SE is no longer constructive criticism but destructive criticism. Eventhough @muljtahida have tried to prevail on them, no, they just won't stop. Let me borrow the phrase of muljtahida "you do not beat a man who is already down"... This statement he has rang several times to them but they have taken no heed.

Someone have to stand up to them, someone have to put them down... If you all are not courageous to call them to order then I will do just that.

These monikers @mickel2, @komern, @goldfish80, @forgiveness and their newest entrant @olorioko are the chief culprits of brazenly turning the truth on its head on this thread. It is like a sworn oat to castigate a particular player and the team as a whole. At a point you begin to question what their motive really is, you begin to question where their allegiance lie... To them, nothing good can ever be said about our team.

We win... Trouble, we lose.... Trouble, we play well and lose.... Trouble, we play badly and win... Bigger trouble!! They are either severing a player's head or are completely disbanding the team.

Wake up people, these set of guys don't want the success of this team and players as a whole. Contrary to what they want to make us believe that they are only criticizing constructively, it should be noted that people who criticizes constructively will always still hail you and celebrate with you when you do well. The same cannot be said for this set of critics, their pattern of criticism and complaints have given them out... Everywhere on planet earth, we always disagree to agree. But no! Not with these sets of critics, they are diehard with their views. Even in the face of glaring stats and results, they still remain adamant on their negative views.

Now it begs the question, to what purpose?... To what what end?... What do they stand to gain?... It goes beyond passion,... It goes beyond love for Nigerian football glory... It goes beyond tribe... Something else is the motivation for their gloating...

It's simple people,.. These guys are either agents for some of these fringe SE players and might have collected money from them under the promise of getting them on the plane to Russia. It is either that or I daresay that they're moles planted on here to weaken or destabilize our dear SE before the world Cup.

Or how else do we explain the fact that these particular set of guys don't see anything good whether we win or lose. Whether the boys played well in their respective clubs or not.? I have only decided to keep calling them out for what they are, really before they succeed in polluting this thread, polluting our minds and ultimately polluting the mind of Rohr to bend to their caprices.

Before a solution will be proffered, the root cause of the problem must be tackled. These five guys I mentioned must be called out and put to check on their constant bickerings and the negative vibes they exude concerning our team on this thread.

I have been on the sidelines for a better part of last year when @komern and @forgiveness were constantly running amock with their peddled lies and satanic agendas, I couldn't take it anymore and I had to come up to them directly. I needed to put them in their place.

Was it not on this same thread that @forgiveness accused Rohr of being corrupt?.. Didn't he say that Rohr had taken bribe?... On which legal jurisdiction does he stand to make such an indictive allegation?

Severally he has compared Iheanacho to kayode... Asking Iheanacho to be dropped for kayode... I make bold to say that it was because of @forgiveness that I dragged kayode into my post yesterday. I love kayode but @forgiveness constant comparisons between Iheanacho and kayode is beginning to make me loathe kayode. The same Olarenwaju Kayode that I so much love from his first U-20 days. This is the same kayode that @forgiveness want me to start loathing because of his constant berating Iheanacho for, when it is obvious that currently kayode is down the pecking to Iheanacho both at Club and country. The small point that @forgiveness has failed see or acknowledge.

I am igala man and based in kogi state, but I grew up on the streets of shagamu in Ogun state and Lagos state. I am fluent in both igala and Yoruba, therefore I should be lenient towards Yoruba players but I am first a Nigerian and stand for the overall benefit of anything Nigeria before anyone else. I don't care if all our players are hausa or ibo or Yoruba... What I care about is performance. Just put our current best(which Iheanacho is part of) and I will support them till tomorrow instead of complaining upandan like a woman on menses

These five critics are the masters of double standard of measurement.

-For country, you say that kayode is not performing for country because he has not seen quality time on the pitch. You claim that given more time, kayode would have scored as much as Iheanacho.

-For club, You berate Iheanacho daily, telling us how poor he is, how he can't trap a ball, he can't run, he can't play and he doesn't score forgetting that Iheanacho is not getting game time at all, many times he is not on the bench, the few times he was on the bench, he always comes in at 90' minutes whereas somewhere in Spain kayode do get a handful of time on the pitch, yet he keeps firing blanks.

The few times Iheanacho plays, he is scoring, but the same cannot be said for kayode. These critics say that we always defend Iheanacho but they forget the fact that when we defend him, his stats are there for all to see. But their defense of kayode is weak, very weak. Imagine the last time @forgiveness was saying that kayode wasn't scoring at Girona because his teammates were deliberately not passing the ball to him. How ridiculous can such an excuse be?.. I bet Girona players are corrupt too... Or maybe they were bribed? undecided

If these guys don't stop coming at our players, then I too won't stop going at them... If going personal will keep them at bay.... Then I am all for it!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mickael2:

I swear the way you misunderstand people is baffling. Did I say Traore is better than Nacho? Someone pointed out that 10mins aint enough time to make an impact, I then used Traore as an example how is that bad?
compare traore 10 mins sub appearance while in Chelsea and same for nancho when he was still in man city...and tell me who was more profilic..

you did not get my point...probably the above will help.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
darkelf:

That Serbia game mhenn....

I'm just excited for it and I don't know why

Mikel v Matic

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abolarin91(m): 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
You can now pay your Electricity bills, PayTv, Internet and even recharge airtime, all with your Smart Phone and get profit for your transactions. Click on the link below to download TopUp Africa from Google Play Store and start enjoying huge rewards.
https:///9fXZKF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

After Rangers was awarded a penalty, i was a bit scared that they have come again.

Should a ref avoid a clear penalty because bad ones have been given in the past?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Is anyone watching Chelsea vs Norwich?

The level of competitiveness Norwich has shown is top notch matching every chelsea players man for man. The intensity of the game speaks it all. They've not taking their feet off the gas thereby forcing an equalizer in the stoppage time.

Ebuehi did himself a lot of good by not joining this side. He would have ended up on bench. The Benfica move is a Smart One.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
Please did Eyeama later complete his Angers move?

He's not on the starting lineup neither was he on the substitute bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I congratulated Funke. In fact, when some were trying to play down on its achievement at the time, I had to remind them that Avengers:Infinity war will be one of 2018's best and most profitable movies financially at the box office, so being part of a project like that even as a cameo background character is quite an attainment.

But now you speak of Nacho - Kayode.... please who castigated Kayode because of Nacho's performance yesterday? I think I only saw one moniker who did so.... Realpoacher. The guy is one that I know mentioned Kayode and to me, I was like... "not again sad "

But who else Elder Kog45 because I fear your accusation on guys who stand up for Nacho is totally misplaced.

Iheanacho is the most vilified and most castigated player on this thread and in NL as a whole. The boy is almost always being put down by a host of people who feel he can easily be replaced despite his good run of form and records for the Super Eagles.

And please don't forget where all this nacho-kayode comparison began. It began with Egbon Forgiveness... (Ehmmmm... Egbon Sir Forgiveness... abeg no vex... I just wan make point okay. Hope say u dey okay. I never see you for a while now sef.)

Now, Egbon Forgiveness started it as a way of showing all that Nacho can be replaced and by who? Well , he brought up Solanke and then later Kayode as better options upfront.

Now before this, There was no issues with anyone being tribalistic as regards showing support and love to one of Nigeria's Golden boys , Kelechi Iheanacho (take or leave it, you know he is one of Nigeria's most beloved players thus must also have the highest no. of critics).

But when Egbon Forgiveness brought up this issue and was always persistent with it as regards Nacho being trash upfront and brimimg up Kayode or solanke (way back then) as a better option, that was when people like me had to step in and try to balance things by saying that he should not rubbish Nacho just because he wants to make a case for Kayode or any other. That it is not fair and it is unhealthy.

Others got into the mix of the arguments too and as usual a mentality was formed for most. Someone even called Nacho useless as a no.9 (Sir Goldfish80 to be precise). Sir Goldfish80 also went on to make the bold prediction that Kayode will soon bang his first LA liga goal soon enough based on his attitude and dare. He said that as a way of saying Kayode will even get a league goal in Spain before Nacho. Look... guys, I don't forget things oooo... I watch and I take note.

Now because of all these... it is not surprising to see someone like Realpoacher always on Goldfish80's and Mickael2's cases... but I must use this opportunity to finally call him out. Omo Sir Realpoacher... Abeg. even if you must tackle or oppose their views, don't do it in a manner that defames their character biko. Those guys are valuable members of the thread and have been here long enough before you showed up. So please accord them that respect even if you must oppose okay. Thanks man. smiley

Now back to the matter of tribalism.... elder kog 45.

It is not as if anyone wants Kayode to fail just to prove a point. Nope... because from all I have observed so far, na only Realpoacher call out Kayode and obviously becos Kayode is always being used by Egbon Forgiveness and the other Nacho critics to run down Nacho and make him look like a lost cause.

So this is the true angle. I do not support running down of any player to uplift another. Nooooooo.... but I pray that all desist from using a player to run down another. If you must castigate a player, then do so with care and love and not with pull down mentality.

Iheanacho, it is not his fault that he is well loved in Nigeria and as well have more critics. It is obvious... he is one of our golden boys. See the views this thread got just because Nacho was in action and reviews of his performance were coming left, right and centre... iwobi, moses, and even Ndidi have never garnered such views like Nacho on this thread. Only Mikel rivals Nacho for such views sef but Nacho still edges slightly.

You cannot accuse people who speak up for Nacho for tribalism becos from my observation, guys here who speak up for him and won't go down hard on him in a near destructive manner like The critics do cut across the length and breadth of Nigeria. All major tribes represented here have guys and laides who will speak up for Nacho. So the point of tribalism is absurd.

Like I said, there was never a debate on players comparison until Egbon Forgiveness brought that in. So when people speak up for Nacho, it is to counter what Forgiveness have said to rubbish Nacho and praise Kayode or Solanke. That is the gospel truth.
And it also leads to a psychological reaction to always praise Nacho's good moments in order to drown the earlier opinions of Nacho being trash and way below Kayode and Solanke.

Egbon Forgiveness started the comparison and players rubbishing. He started that and we all cannot deny it if we are truthful but then I feel he was just doing it in the way he understood. He may not change but I have learnt to avoid towing that line with him now coz I am focused on the bigger picture. But what I have outlined is the truth. Showing Love and support for Nacho is not a case of tribalism but rather a case of a psychological defensive reaction against repeated comments washing down Nacho and making Kayode and Solanke gods over him in terms of talent and potentials.

Biko... I know the tides here so I won't lie. Let us be careful and wish all our players well. But don't expect a handshake when you bash one of our best Players in the GWG in order to praise another GWG player who is still seen as a fringe player in the team. Kayode for now is a fringe player and one of our own. He is a very fine player but for the team's sake, he is behind Nacho in the pecking order. Bashing Nacho so that you can make a case for Kayode will only lead to people defending Nacho's relevance and pointing to Nacho's records for us and if you are not observant and careful, you will think it is tribalism.

I repeat, defending or being happy for Nacho is not tribalism. It is only because he has been much vilified and insulted here and overly castigated. Itz a simpu sturvs rily.... wink

Just saw these mentions now and I think I should put things straight.

I have never compared Kayode with Iheanacho or anyone else for that matter.
Mind you,I think Kayode is not best suited as a striker, he's more like a wing forward in my opinion. Anyone who have followed my comments will know I like my strikers big, fast, technical and CAN PLAY WITH BACK TO GOAL. Comparison with Kelechi is out of the question. I mentioned Kayode will aoon break his his duck in Spain when I noticed people took turns in trolling him unjustly. Had absolutely nothing to do with Kelechi.

Finally, I said Kelechi was useless as a LONE FORWARD (Did you deliberately forget this? Only you can answer that).And yes! I still stand by this statement and will defend saying this, anytime, any day, be it in a shrine, church or mosque.
At least last night proved what I have been saying all these while. Slimani provided the foil for him and he thrived.
Look, I have long gone past looking at football as just a spectator. I have lost count tye number of predictions and analysis which have turned out to be true in the fullness of time.
I read Tbaba's comment which he said Kelechi have been coached by managers who dwelled more on his finishing than developing his all round game.
I smiled when I read this because this is what I have been saying for the better part of 2yrs.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Should a ref avoid a clear penalty because bad ones have been given in the past?

No, but i simply do not trust the officiating. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:05am On Jan 18, 2018
A post made last year september
AIG07:
Moses will get his share of games and not only against lesser oppositions.

All New EPL comers will fizzle out by January-this is not new... All the initial gragra go don subside by then and only seasoned premier league players will still be performing.

All this Shout about Mendy, Morata, Danilo, Lacazette etc go die down soon. Watch out.

Chelsea needs to re-inforce their attack if they 'll be challenging for a major trophy in England. Morata missed another clear cut chance again this evening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2018
You know I laugh at your comments when you say we promote mediocrity by celebrating Nacho's show yesterday.

Now tell me, what do you promote when you suggest that we dump Nacho and go with Kayode upfront in the GWG? Excellence at its best right? cheesy Do you see the folly of your double standards on Excellence vs mediocrity? You will drop our best in Nacho and go with a Kayode who has done nothing much in the GWG and who is not even in Nacho's class or league as an all-round footballer. Be factual... be truthful.. who is the better baller or better quality player between Nacho and Kayode? No, I didnt want to do this but this nonsense has to stop. We all know the truth deep inside of us.
But I know you have always gone for Kayode. If that does not reek of the basest mediocrity then I don't know what else does.

Now to the rest of your points and still touching on this mediocrity talk...

Nacho scored a brace yesterday after not seeing action for so long a time apart from the 10 mins he got against the same team he shone against just yesterday. People complained and some even said he is simply deteriorating because of lack of playing time. But yesterday we saw a guy who went about his business as if he had not been on the bench or left out in the cold for long. Nacho was sharp. Nacho was lively and very beautiful to watch yesterday. His touches suddenly became gold- something that actually requires more game time to get a good hold of but Nacho had obviously been working hard on the training ground and that showed just in one game. This was an FA Cup tie against Vardy's former team. You may downplay the opposition because they are third tier but you cannot downplay the occasion and the importance of that tie. It was an FA cup match not a friendly. It was a competitive game.

Nacho scored and shone despite little or not enough game time prior to the game and you expect us not to be happy for him? That guy is our top scorer! He finished the 2016 and 2017 calendar years as The Super Eagles Top scorer. He won two CNN international awards for his goals. He has proven his rising super quality over and over again but just haven't smooth in his club career so far.

Iheanacho is the definition of a bonafide Excellent talent in Nigerian Football. His football intelligence is uncommon. It is not common among Nigerian footballers. You see him on the field of play and you immediately notice his class and uniqueness. All soccer pundits recognise this everytime he performs and you say we promote mediocrity?? Lol

Don't bring in Mbappe scoring against Lesser teams... against Dijon did he score sef when played as a no.9?? Nooooo... so leave him out of this conversation plsss and face the main ish.

Ofcos I know that we should be expecting him to do much better even against the biggest guns. We want to see him week in and week out banging it in against the Madrids, Man Citys, Chelseas, Barcas, Arsenals, of this world and more..... but how would he get that chance if he is not bleeping played??!!

Nacho have been out of action because Puel prefers Vardy's direct running, Okazaki's headless pressings and all that route-one stuff. Nacho is not a route-one footballer... but he is been left out due to coach change at Leicester. Now the issue was "Nacho needs to be playing to not grow stagnant and wasted or transformed into Komekn's super certified version of a wasteman."

Oya... now... Nacho got his first start in months. Finally Puel starts Nacho again after a long while and ofcos many would have been content with just a decent outing and run out for him..... but guess what? Nacho scored a brace... or no... he actually scored a hat trick... but yeah one was ruled out no thanks to the ball not being in play before Gray put in the cutback.

Look... The celebration of Iheanacho's performance yesterday was expected because he is one of Nigeria's top hopes going to the world cup and thankfully he is not even among out starters but a sure weapon from the bench. But shaa in a 3-5-2, Nacho is very likely to start.

So Nigerians were celebrating the fact that The Class of Kelechi "Alien Kid" Iheanacho is still burning strong and bright... that is what we all were smiling about. And not because it was Fleetwood. We had no business with the kind of opposition... our business was with Nacho's show even after being frozen out for so long by Puel.

So that is not celebrating Mediocrity Mickael2... it is celebrating the fact that One of our finest players is still kicking on and will be in good shape for the mundial when June come calling and soon my friend, summer will come and Nacho will be needed. That is what Nigerians were celebrating most. It was far beyond the goals or performance.

You said in your post that you are surprised that "someone like me don't understand" your point of view. See ehn... I am not sorry to disappoint you. wink I am a super perfectionist. In fact, My father drilled that into me from a young age and I have always had this mind of excellence growing up. But my mom taught me something vital that makes my personality very balanced. She is a perfectionist but was more of a nurturer... she was what I called the nurturer-perfectionist. She made me understand that even though I should expect the best at all times and strive for the best, I must understand that I should also give myself time to evolve into that god I was born to be. She said this because she understood that patience and nurturing spirit are keys to what make one to attain perfection in anything too. It doesn't just come... and you won't always hit the target. So One must be patient with himself if he indeed must grow and live beyond the expectations of others..

I am a perfectionist Mickael2, you have no idea how much I push myself. But I also have a nurturing and patient heart. I try to balance the two daily. And I am used to the language and mentality of excellence... so when I spot excellence in someone, I will do anything to defend it.

Iheanacho is one of such excellent football gifts that the gods of football have blessed Nigeria with. He is going thru a rough patch but he is young and still has that class in abundance. He shows it almost every time he is on the field of play. Case study against Argentina and then against Fleetwood yesterday.

It is not everyday we get to hace class act players in the molds of Iwobi, Moses, Mikel and now Iheanacho... even Ndidi is a rarity. Sunday Oliseh have never truly been replaced and in Ndidi it seems we have found a true successor.

Iheanacho belongs to that special class of Nigerian talents that just ooze quality and fine football intelligence so this is why I will always defend him and speak against the negativity trying to soil his name and his talents. And ofcos, when he messes up, I bring out the cane and flog him... but I don't do that for long because we have a responsibility to build and nurture.

Hiding under the shadows of "But we should be expecting more and not celebrating goals against Fleetwood" to project yourself as one who stands for excellence is very funny because you have been known to hardly have anything good to say about Iheanacho. People will take this your "excellence stance" more seriously if you can at least praise the lad when he does well like he did against World class Argentina. wink

We are both in the medical field but we certainly are not the same..... and thing is the medical and science world is just one of the few worlds I live and excel in... I have other top interest areas I am deeply engaged in. I am a polymath Sir Mickael2... so please don't be disappointed that I do not seem to understand you the way you expect or want me to. Truth is I actually do understand you, but not in the manner you want me to, but again it is just that, You are playing the game of "twisting mirrors" wink

You are using the stick of "We should be looking at him scoring against Barca and not Fleetwood" to deflect from the actual truth which is that Nacho actually had a fine performance even when he had not been given enough playing action prior to the game. You cannot play or score against The Catalans unless you have been given a chance, or can you?

For once, Learn to give Nacho credit.... When i returned earlier this year, I read many pages backwards to times I was not here even during that friendly against Argentina. And Mickael2 guess what? I was not surprised to see that you did not praise Nacho enough... you did not admit that Nacho shamed your criticisms in a top-heavy flawless manner.

In finality, I am a staunch apostle of Excellence... I cannot stand the stink of mediocrity. I push my own siblings in huge ways. I tell them that the world only stands aside for you if you know where you are going and if you are just too good to ignore. I told them being the best is just a start... coz the target is to be gods in what we do. This is my mentality and that is why I expect so much from my self. I am never ruled by the expectations of others. My expectations are far and beyond what any man can lay on me. This was how I won my way to Hopkins research and won my way into medical school stepping things up into advanced phases.

So closing, on Iheanacho, there is this knowing within me that the lad will just come good. He is a bonafide treasure of Nigerian soccer in the exact same manner Mikel was when he burst unto the scene in 2005. Mikel and Iheanacho are mirrors of each other in many ways... both enjoy and enjoyed the huge love and most criticisms of Nigerian fans. Both always do or did well in the GWG.
Both came thru from the U-17s to the U-20s. Both wore the no.10 at the U-17s. Both made mixed starts to their club careers. Both were or are always in the limelight as one of the world's finest young talents. Both shone at age grade competitions finishing at the best in their set. I have seen this pattern before... and I know that the psychologist in me cannot be wrong.

Iheanacho is special. So very special. His records speak for him even at the nadir of his young career. And when he rises, he cannot have it this bad again. Iheanacho in his worst period of little or no match action or playing time still rises to destroy Argentina and rises to send Leicester into the Fourth round of the FA Cup setting a new record, yet again, in the process.

One bad chapter does not mean a bad story. I have learnt that much Mickael. About time you learnt yours... wink Ciao....

P.S: I told you all on January 1... I will never change on this. So no apologies for yet another long epistle. It just comes when it does or when the occasion calls for it.... grin

Mickael2:

encouragement I can agree with, infact I dish it out times without number, heck I even said Iheanacho would be my first choice ahead of Ighalo going to the world cup, that's on record which is why I don't reply senseless comments tagging me a hater when I am just trying to be realistic.

Ok now let's look at it this way, Iwobi once had a bad game and as usual goldfish80 called him out for it, I believe it was only tbaba1234 and basco that came to his rescue which is why when tbaba1234 took up this Iheanacho matter with me I kept quiet believing that he is the type of guy who gives a soft hand to everybody, that I can accept.

But then 10mins into a game(AGAINST FLEETWOOD)people were already saying how improved Iheanacho's game is(AGAINST FLEETWOOD) and immediately I said wait for the game to finish, I had tens of guys coming for my head, one perpetual noisemaker even made a lame joke about secondary school when I said Fleetwood is a non-division side, the only time I have ever heard of Fleetwood was when Vardy led Leicester to the league title, I mean we were told that Leicester went from playing for a sunday league team to winning the Epl and since Fleetwood was his team I immediately thought they were still a sunday league team which I aptly corrected afterall. Ok now if Martins plunders goals against Chinese teams we say they are poor, but now Fleetwood is raising so much emotion in our bowls? When you have a kid who went from taking 1st to taking 20, what will you tell the kid when he starts taking 15 when you know very well he can take that top prize? If Mbappe scores a double against Amiens will people even talk about it? That is what it should be, I believe in encouragement but when you encourage mediocrity then there really isn't any room for us to move forward, when you tell a kid that his failings are as a result of everyother persons' fault except his then how is he expected to sit up?(cc theGoodJoe).

Icon4s was making a lot of sense though, we should rejoice with him, we learn things about psychology and during marriage counselling we do tell parents that it's not all the time that you will show your kid that you are pleased with what they did outrightly, I mean if your 16year old kid boils yam for the first time, you may be happy but calm down, act is if you missed it and tomorrow he will cook yam porridge to impress you more, then and only then will you now congratulate him for that one and for the one he cooked the day before that. You are more into law which entails attacking things outrightly which is why I understand your stand, I am only suprised that someone like theSuperNerd does not understand my own point of view, but then again it's because it's me,if I say Nacho has a bad firs touch I am a hater

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:18am On Jan 18, 2018
I didn't say you compared. I said you called him useless as a no.9

Comparison talk was for Egbon Forgiveness. wink

And you like strikers Big abi? Yet you will pick Martins over Kelechi upfront? smh.

And you have lost number of predictions which turned out true abi? Well, you also said you predicted that Kayode will bang in a LA liga goal very very soon. You said that during the time Nacho was being villified. A subtle message I would say. Now how did that prediction turn out? wink

And hey, Kelechi under Pellegrini was not just coached to focus on his finishing. This is seen in Pellegrini's words himself....

“Kelechi for me is not just a finisher,” said Pellegrini. “He played very well. He must improve his control.

“But he always played with his head up so he made two important assists. He set up Kevin de Bruyne and after that, with more space, made a goal for Manu Garcia.
“He can play behind the striker and arrive in the box to finish, as he did for his goal.
“It was very important for him to make a very good performance - he is a very good player.
“He is not just a striker, because he assisted two goals, and I am very happy for him. He must continue working. He has a lot of things to improve but I am very happy for him.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kelechi-iheanacho-more-10350070

So much for trying to smile to yourself now because of what Sir Tbaba1234 said.... hahahahahahaha... well Pellegrini never saw Nacho that way. He saw more than a finisher and did try to coach him along those dynamics. #Fact

goldfish80:

Just saw these mentions now and I think I should put things straight.

I have never compared Kayode with Iheanacho or anyone else for that matter.
Mind you,I think Kayode is not best suited as a striker, he's more like a wing forward in my opinion. Anyone who have followed my comments will know I like my strikers big, fast, technical and CAN PLAY WITH BACK TO GOAL. Comparison with Kelechi is out of the question. I mentioned Kayode will aoon break his his duck in Spain when I noticed people took turns in trolling him unjustly. Had absolutely nothing to do with Kelechi.

Finally, I said Kelechi was useless as a LONE FORWARD (Did you deliberately forget this? Only you can answer that).And yes! I still stand by this statement and will defend saying this, anytime, any day, be it in a shrine, church or mosque.
At least last night proved what I have been saying all these while. Slimani provided the foil for him and he thrived.
Look, I have long gone past looking at football as just a spectator. I have lost count tye number of predictions and analysis which have turned out to be true in the fullness of time.
I read Tbaba's comment which he said Kelechi have been coached by managers who dwelled more on his finishing than developing his all round game.
I smiled when I read this because this is what I have been saying for the better part of 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:38am On Jan 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I didn't say you compared. I said you called him useless as a no.9

Comparison talk was for Egbon Forgiveness. wink

And you have lost number of predictions which turned out true abi? Well, you also said you predicted that Kayode will bang in a LA liga goal very very soon. You said that during the time Nacho was being villified. A subtle message I would say. Now how did that prediction turn out? wink

And hey, Kelechi under Pellegrini was not just coached to focus on his finishing. This is seen in Pellegrini's words himself....

“Kelechi for me is not just a finisher,” said Pellegrini. “He played very well. He must improve his control.

“But he always played with his head up so he made two important assists. He set up Kevin de Bruyne and after that, with more space, made a goal for Manu Garcia.
“He can play behind the striker and arrive in the box to finish, as he did for his goal.
“It was very important for him to make a very good performance - he is a very good player.
“He is not just a striker, because he assisted two goals, and I am very happy for him. He must continue working. He has a lot of things to improve but I am very happy for him.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kelechi-iheanacho-more-10350070

So much for trying to smile to yourself now because of what Sir Tbaba1234 said.... hahahahahahaha... well Pellegrini never saw Nacho that way. He saw more than a finisher and did try to coach him along those dynamics. #Fact

I called him useless as " lone forward". From day1, I have always said he was a second striker. Manu Garba and his youth team coach said this.
Recall I championed the call for his replacement with a striker who can match the Camerounians power play.
I am mot the forgetful type, I am blessed with an above average retentive memory.

Again, saying Kayode will soon break his duck was never in the context of petty rivalry with Kelechi. It was just a straight up honest analysis of what was on my mind.
If you psyco analyze every word I dropped, you will always get me wrong.

Finally, not that I am gloating about Tbaba's comment. I was simply happy to see someone who finally saw through what I have preaching for the past 2 years.
If I wanted to gloat about anything, I will list 10 predictions/analysis I have gotten nailed on months/weeks before they came to pass.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38am On Jan 18, 2018
Mehn... you serious? shocked

I was. it so sure that was why I put it that wag sef... saying we need a second psychologist that if we have one already sef.

Omo, so we no get one psychologist at all attached to the Super Eagles? Please oooo, let Rohr add a good psychologist ooo. Sir Tbaba1234 said he spoke of Boosting the team's staff so hopefully they look into the matter of having a team psychologist. But I need to confirm this first. The Super Eagles don't have a team psychologist? This is quite unbelievable. How did we get through that group of death then? undecided Abeg ooooo.... lol

darkelf:

Bro, we don't have psychologists in the team.

We might tend to overlook that but in my opinion, it is quite worrisome

When the going gets tough, Rohr may not be able to motivate and Psyche up the players as well as a psychologist would because he would be overwhelmed with tactics and game-plans. I feel he would also benefit from the therapy of a psychologist too.

Managing the SE and Playing for the SE can take its toll emotionally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:53am On Jan 18, 2018
So it is I who is forgetful then? cheesy Lol... abeg drop that weak shade.

When I say no.9 what do i refer to? Or you have forgotten I used "Top striker" in a discussion I had with you about Nacho? If your memory is as great as you make it, then why don't the term "No.9" lead you to recall "Top striker" in our argument? Lone forward, Top9, No.9, Top striker... we spoke on this at length concerning Nacho so why making it sound like I mean something else when I said "no.9"?

You called him useless as a top 9, no.9, Top striker... that is The truth. But he has scored 3 of his 8 international goals as a no.9 (lone forward/top striker). And also plundered 21 for Man City playing in same position upfront most times. I use most times because I remember he also paired with Bony at times (he was no lone forward in those few instances and still scored).

And I recalled also being okay with having an Ighalo lead our attack against Cameroun because he is much more physical even though he is also blessed technically. And Ighalo can comfortably play with his back to goal. There are opponents where we are expected to utilise such tactics against. Cameroon was just one.

But again you call for a big burly " back to goal" top 9 took a twist when you started supporting the call for Martins later on to lead the line as the Top 9. How funny.

And there was no need for a deep psychoanalysis of your words on Kayode that day. I saw it all Sir. You said what you said and it was all under the same cloud of Nacho being castigated left right and centre by some monikers that day. You reckoned that Kayode will score soon enough after his move to Girona while Kelechi was still struggling to come back at Leicester. You even went as far as calling Peter Olayinka a true bonafide footballer and said you don't rate Bonaventure Dennis. I still remember the patterns and waves of discussions back then Sir Goldfish. smiley

And yes you were gloating about Tbaba's comments.... but again, both of you have it wrong. Pellegrini didn't just coach the finishing ability of Nacho because he certainly didn't see Nacho as just a finisher. I have shown that to you.

Lastly, I also have my fair share of predictions which came true dating back to the U-17s thread. We all cannot get it right all the time like how you also predicted cameroun to be our toughest battle only for it to turn out the easiest of matches... grin I recall stating casually that Zambia may turn out more difficult than Cameroun in the end and so it was. wink

But hey! I still doff my hats for how you saw that same Cameroonian team conquering Africa in 2017. Lol... that was a shocker.

goldfish80:

I called him useless as " lone forward". Recall I championed the call for his replacement with a a striker who can match the Camerounians power play.
I am mot the forgetful type, I am blessed with an above average retentive memory.

Again, saying Kayode will soon break his duck was never in the context of petty rivalry with Kelechi. It was just a straight up honest analysis of what was on my mind.
If you psyco analyze every word I dropped, you will always get me wrong.

Finally, not that I am gloating about Tbaba's comment. I was simply happy to see someone who finally saw through what I have preaching for the past 2 years.
If I wanted to gloat about anything, I will list 10 predictions/analysis I have gotten nailed on months/weeks before they came to pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) ... (16538) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Truidstarr, charlesemeka85(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.