Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,054 members, 7,980,752 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 12:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12621237 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) ... (16832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

we made the round of 16 and barely lost out to France, wasn't that a success?
Well with intact 2013 afcon team with few changes at WC may be we would be talking about qtr final now.

Remember 2nd round record belonged to Westerhoff though Keshi equal it which to me not a failure,hope Rohr would surpasses it cos anything short of qtr final not really good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Well with intact 2013 afcon team with few changes at WC may be we would be talking about qtr final now.

Remember 2nd round record belonged to Westerhoff though Keshi equal it which to me is not a failure,hope Rohr would surpasses it cos anything short of qtr final not really good.
keshi team had the opportunity to move beyond the round of 16....but the team lack the quality and motivation....

keshi never helped in his players selection...players imoh Ezekiel,Kenneth otigba, hope akpan etc were ignored

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

apart from babatunde. ...who else amongst the Rockies played really good football in that world cup...?
uchebo,Gabriel, nwafor, agbim,shola etc

Oshaniwa

modified: Shola and Uchebo also had decent games in some of our preWorld Cup matches, just that they didnt get enough time to impact on the world cup.

That said rewatch the Bosnia game and see just how vital Shola's introduction was, he held up the ball brilliantly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

one slot just wasted on akpeyi...
hope rohr is not planning of taking him to the world cup....
The team has a psychologist now. Let's see what he does with Akpeyi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:

Remember 2nd round record belonged to Westerhoff though Keshi equal it which to me not a failure,hope Rohr would surpasses it cos anything short of qtr final not really good.

well if Matuidi had been sent off and that penalty against Evra awarded, we may yet be talking about the quaterfinals now. So was our failure down to the players he paraded?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Oshaniwa

modified: Shola and Uchebo also had decent games in some of our preWorld Cup matches, just that they didnt get enough time to impact on the world cup.

That said rewatch the Bosnia game and see just how vital Shola's introduction was, he held up the ball brilliantly
oshaniwa would have still make the team...he was a backup to elderson
but how Gabriel, agbim, uchebo made that team still a mystery

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Keita is more of a Kroos kinda player not exactly Pogba. Kroos has thrived as a DMF in a counter attacking system under Ancelloti and coincidentally, that is the kind of system Klopp employs.

Then who is the back-up to Mohammed Salah? We don't even know his name because he has probably not played up to three games this season, that should tel you a lot about Klopp's rotational policy
You do have a point re rotation. However Klopp isn't going to win titles if his squad is not big enough especially with his gengen pressing style.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
No Andrew i always see you as a good football analyst and full of respect but you are being harsh here,just take it cool coz we want to learn from you guys not trading words.Respect.
lol, na only me you never use this line for.

God is watching all of us sad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Oshaniwa

which decent game has uchebo? you mean the goal against Scotland...?
apart from that goal...he played trash that day....

how he made the team over imoh Ezekiel who despite being a second striker for his team in Belgium scored 12 goals and uchebo manage to get 5 for club de brugg

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
And who again is eplcatchup? Just a bunch of clowns behund a laptop and a myopic opinion? Please tell me something authentic not a some bunch if bofoons. What stops me from starting my blog and listing flops as well?

Kog45:
Alex Iwobi nominated for flop 11 in week 27,a list released by eplcatchup

CC tbaba1234

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You don talk am finish.... Just one thing I wanna correct. Like I said when defending Uzoho's 45-mins show against Argentina, his show was very decent, neat and composed but I won't use the word awesome just yet. We will get to see him in more games shaa alongside other goalie options and Rohr will make his choices.

On your analysis..... I say...

We no get keeper oo,just as kog said,I wish Ikeme was healthy,we no get keeper at all,people think that uzoho is the solution after good 45 minute against Argentina,with the way I am seeing things ezenwa will be 1st choice in Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

Iwobi was already shining with the reserves and got promoted before he made his debut for us. He scored against Lyon during preseason and Wenger refused to let him leave on loan.
Wenger refused to let him play for the Olympic team and that's when we invited him to SE.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/31/arsene-wenger-england-arsenal-alex-iwobi-roy-hodgson-burnley-fa-cup

God bless you for his useful information
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

As a Liverpool fan,I'm tired of hearing about next season abeg...
we will become serious title contenders if Klopp can fix the defence and let go of some of his ego..

I'm quite excited about having Ndidi in the squad though.. I'm not sure how true the rumours are cus Klopp isn't usually shy to make his transfer targets publicly...
We already have Keita coming in the summer,so I dunno where Ndidi will fit in... maybe as a CMF or backup for Keita

Wilfred Ndidi is a pure 4 a defensive M just like kante while naby Keita is a central M
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
safarigirl:

Safarigirl, I see you as a good football analyst and full of respect.
As per something about Feb 14 grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

where will Ndidi play? Ndidi going to Liverpool will be the worst mistake of his life. You have a coach who is always going to play a 4-3-3. In the middle you only have room for one destroyer(which is what Ndidi is), then consider the fact that you also have Naby Keita coming in who is a destroyer plus a brilliant ball player. I think this talk should die down until the transfer window comes around then we can see the clubs who actually have a deficiency in their DMF role and who are willing to take Ndidi. For me though, Leicester remains the best club for him

Naby keita is a central M,while ndidi is a defensive M,so don't mistake,or because he is a Nigerian player you think he won't make that Liverpool team?i don't know how true the news his,how can you say leichester remain the best club for him? If the offer is right he should move,naby keita did not hesitate to join Liverpool, player like ndidi can make Liverpool starting 11,because I see no special DMF there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
My man you are right but it seems as a fan we always let emotions reign supremely in our analysis and this should stop so that we can learn more here.

I will not deceive you we are not having it good in goalkeeping department,that's the truth cos a situation we are banking on a keeper keeping in regional league equivalent of division four for WC meaning we are in serious crisis.

Uzoho too is not finding it funny but we keep on rating him with performance in division three and now Uzoho is the fourth keeper in Deportivo though his 45 minutes against Argentina waa awesome,hope next friendly we see more of him.

Alampasu still number three in his club,not really good for his development just having training with main team meaning is match rusty.

Maduka from nowhere with no clear performance came into reckoning and guys believe he has what it takes to mann eagles post but forgetting this guy is keeping in junior regional league equivalent of division 4.

Ezenwa an home based keeper who some believe is not the best in local league but always find his way to national team but had a good WC qualifier exvept Algeria match,aso his performance against Angola at CHAN was damn good but till now Rohr doesn't truth him

Ajiboye another home based not rated by Rohr even Ezenwa the number one was not trusted by the same man.He had a good performance at CHAN especially against Sudan but can we trust him after seeing him against Morocco.

Now Akpeyi who Rohr rate highly but till today has not able to satisfy Rohr and his grace continue if truly he is on the list for March friendly.

Enyeama not coming back and if he does can we really trust him again cos out of active football for more than six months due to injury and walking straight to starting lineup might be disastrous just like what happened to Rufai at France 98.

Ikeme should have been the solution but health issue did not let us enjoy a good keeper.

Goalkeeping issue just too dicey and Rohr must made up his mind on time cos WC is approaching.

But enyeama kept training hard.. Who knows... Shocker recall
Uploaded his training some days back..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

we made the round of 16 and barely lost out to France, wasn't that a success?

We would have done better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Don't let sentiments cloud ur judgement yet... like I said,Klopp hasn't said anything on Keita. and the numerous Liverpool pages I follow don't have much details on that yet...

Klopp chased Keita all summer cus he needed him badly...
Ndidi is a DMF. he may have been deployed as a CMF sometimes for Nigeria but he is still a CMF.. the CMF role at Liverpool is for Hendo... And Keita will b d undisputed first choice in DMF .

for all we know,d deal mayn't happen self..

Dat Henderson if no b say na England wetin e dey do for that team? He is not better than emre can and co,the guy is just luck I must say and he is the captain so dem no go bench am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:
The Akpeyi that plays for Chippa United is not a bad goalie to take to the WC. However, that Akpeyi automatically disappears as soon as any Jersey with Green and White touches his skin.
This guy would probably faint from stage fright if he starts at the world cup. Rohr needs to hire a world class psychologist for him.

We have one already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

Iwobi was already shining with the reserves and got promoted before he made his debut for us. He scored against Lyon during preseason and Wenger refused to let him leave on loan.
Wenger refused to let him play for the Olympic team and that's when we invited him to SE.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/31/arsene-wenger-england-arsenal-alex-iwobi-roy-hodgson-burnley-fa-cup
The Olympics was in August 2016. Iwobi made his debut against Egypt in a nations cup qualifiers in March 2016

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

well if Matuidi had been sent off and that penalty against Evra awarded, we may yet be talking about the quaterfinals now. So was our failure down to the players he paraded?

That's a probability... What's it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
What is happening? 101 guests viewing this page . Hope is not robot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
SerVik:

The Olympics was in August 2016. Iwobi made his debut against Egypt in a nations cup qualifiers in March 2016
Read the link I provided. Iwobi made his debut against DR Congo. Oliseh capped him, not Siasia. I think Wenger was talking about the CAF U23 tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

But enyeama kept training hard.. Who knows... Shocker recall
Uploaded his training some days back..
When asked to list 35 players for the preliminary list, enyeama was part of my top 5 goalkeepers.

I see some are comfortable with the likes of alampasu and okoye ahead of enyeama. Truth is, enyeama and alampasu are in the same category having not played a game this season, but unlike alampasu, enyeama has experience working for him.

I say we invite him as part of the 5 goalkeepers and keep a close eye on him. If he is rusty, we can easily drop him but if he proves to be better than what we have, I say we give him a chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

how is Maduka getting the better education? I mean this boy's club literally bought a top class coach for him. See you can attend the best medical school in the world but someone who employs Keith Moore as a personal tutor is going to beat you in just about any anatomical exam. I believe Maduka is in the better system but Akpan for me is getting the better education. Also, considering the fact that his club was willing to hire a personal coach for him shows the huge potential he has and if anyone deserves the confidence boost, it is him.

I never said one is getter better education. I was not comparing.

I said Maduka is getting the best education in the german system. And Rohr is biased towards the germans.

I have no idea on Udoh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
Osas Okoro and Kalu Orji have left Rangers and Rangers does not know the club, they signed for.

This is according to the club's twitter handle. How does that even happen? NPFL magic.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

You guys on the rise compared to useless Arsenal. Good thing you guys got Van Dijk. All is left is a keeper and DM. I don't think your full backs are bad sef. Keita is more of an attacking play so he wouldn't be in competition with Ndidi. It'll be something like Ndidi/Gini/Henderson - Ox/Lallana/Lemar - Keita
Arsenal are so useless they got three FA cups in five years. Liverpool on the other hand haven't won a spoon for over a decade. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
safarigirl:

Ha MAMA in the house you don't have any issue cos i have a wife at home so normal for ladies to ........but seeing guys behaving like women is nauseating.Respect my big sister.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Dedebanky85:
And who again is eplcatchup? Just a bunch of clowns behund a laptop and a myopic opinion? Please tell me something authentic not a some bunch if bofoons. What stops me from starting my blog and listing flops as well?

Easy my man,i posted it to drawn you guys attention and specifically drew attention of tbaba1234 to it cos is a guru when it comes to information disseminations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
andrew444:

Naby keita is a central M,while ndidi is a defensive M,so don't mistake,or because he is a Nigerian player you think he won't make that Liverpool team?i don't know how true the news his,how can you say leichester remain the best club for him? If the offer is right he should move,naby keita did not hesitate to join Liverpool, player like ndidi can make Liverpool starting 11,because I see no special DMF there

Keita is very very comfortable playing as a DMF. And except you think Ndidi is going to come and send Henderson to the bench, I dont know what your point is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
SerVik:

When asked to list 35 players for the preliminary list, enyeama was part of my top 5 goalkeepers.

I see some are comfortable with the likes of alampasu and okoye ahead of enyeama. Truth is, enyeama and alampasu are in the same category having not played a game this season, but unlike alampasu, enyeama has experience working for him.

I say we invite him as part of the 5 goalkeepers and keep a close eye on him. If he is rusty, we can easily drop him but if he proves to be better than what we have, I say we give him a chance

simple and short!

No way Enyeama will not outperform all the other goalkeepers even if they all line up in the middle of goal at once

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

That's a probability... What's it

this one is not a probability at all.

Ok, let's assume Imoh Ezekiel was invited, he would have been on the bench anyways, would that force the ref to send off Matuidi or give us a penalty?

9 times out of 10, Matuidi would have been sent off, and 9 times out of 10 too, we would have gotten that penalty, let's say we are 1goal up and a man up, getting to the QF would have been easier than locating the clavicle. So I am not sure Keshi's team selection hindered us at the world cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) ... (16832) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), M7even(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.