Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,801 members, 7,893,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12096102 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) (2885) (2886) ... (16443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Oasis007:
I wouldn't mind another logically proven Rationale why Dele Aiyenugba shouldn't be tried or considered!
why don't you forward this to rohr...
I believe him alone can provide you an answer....
but I will rather have Dele in the team in place of akpeyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
samtol4:
How will a local coach appoint a personal coach to a player when his salaries are not paid ?

Even if a local coach is paid 20M per month, he won't still think the way this man is thinking.

It is in the mind sir, it's all about exposure

Something is inherently wrong with the mind of the black man...

Let's talk about Oliseh...

When he was appointed just recently by Nigeria as the head coach, Amodu Pinnick made sure that his first 3 months salaries was paid ahead... As in, he was paid in advance!

Yet he couldn't do anything. Rather, He was always complaining about inner diabolic forces fighting him. SMH

He couldn't even stay in Nigeria to work. angry

Would you say he was owed?... Would you still say he wasn't given the right environment to work?

Comparing him in sharp contrast to Rohr

When Rohr was first hired, he said he doesn't care whether he was paid on time or not. He is here to work, and work he must..... Look at the results for yourself

Guy no vex me with this your talk this evening o!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
realpoacher:

How about giving Austin Eguavon a look in as well?...

No!.. Maybe Chidi Odiah will be better

SMH

Don't you guys get it?... If you must suggest a player, he must meet up two major criteria.

Age, and ability.

Can Efe currently displace Shehu Or Ebuehi?

Age wise can Efe play 2022 world cup?... Because aside this world cup we need continuity, the ability and Ages of Shehu and Ebuehi can give us that, but can we say the same for Efe?

Efe's time is past, and in ability he is just there, pretty much average. Funny thing is with all the experience he has so far, he is terribly prone to error.

At this stage, we have far gone past the idea of introducing new players. The fewer pool we have worked with is enough.

See how long it took us to see Ebuehi play, now we need to see more of him. We can't play 45 minutes with Ebuehi and conclude on him, then we play Efe another 45 Minutes and conclude on him too, then we play Obafemi Martin's another 45 minutes and so on for all these other players you all are suggesting.

Rather we need to see more of our current pool and fringe players in order to actually determine whether or not some formations or strategies can work.

There is NO TIME for all these "testing, testing microphone" we are doing upandan

Don't you all get it?

God bless you my brother,at times some people dey make me vex here,the way dem go see make dem invite this or that,so many people will fail as a coach,small time you will hear let dem invite juwon oshaniwa,i doubt many people here dont know he is clubless,person dey say efe ambrose? wetin dem wan use am do for super eagles,many people dey here wey i suppose quote,i just dey observe them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
Humility017:

provided one of ebuehi, Aina, Shehu and idowu is not dropped for him....

rohr is threading on a wrong path....by sticking to elderson

There is no way Echiejile will play and one of those you mentioned won't be dropped. I'm really worried about those boys, especially Aina and Ebuehi They have been really working hard and maintaining a good games in their clubs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Humility017:

provided one of ebuehi, Aina, Shehu and idowu is not dropped for him....

rohr is threading on a wrong path....by sticking to elderson

Boss no,because we don't want a player near a national team in nairaland doesn't mean its actually d same way in real life....same thing goes for d Gk issue,if rohr ends up taking Dele,ejide and akpeyi to d world cup, heaven won't fallor likewise taking d rookies. It doesn't change anything at d end....no b say we b favourite for d world cup sef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
elyte89:

Boss no,because we don't want a player near a national team in nairaland doesn't mean its actually d same way in real life....same thing goes for d Gk issue,if rohr ends up taking Dele,ejide and akpeyi to d world cup, heaven won't fallor likewise taking d rookies. It doesn't change anything at d end....no b say we b favourite for d world cup sef grin

Yep, Take the ngwo ngwos of the team because you are not Favourite.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
This March friendlies could be the last chance for Akpeyi and Echijele to redeem themselves.... Unless Rohr is being sentimental or forced by some big men in the NFF....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
@Tbaba1234, I believe u have watched some of Uzoho's games for his club this season...I'm curious to know how good is he with saving low shots? Almost all d shots he saved against Argentina were high balls.. Some tall goalkeepers have this weakness of conceding from.low shots...is it d same with Uzoho?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Too bad then, the coach surely knows what he wants
Icon4s:

No as of now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
William Troost-Ekong don Chop red card, Shehu and Mikel Agu all started. They are 2 goals down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Trust-Ekong with a straight red card for Bursaspor against Galatasaray. They are currently losing 2:0. Halftime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Danielnino00:
@Tbaba1234, I believe u have watched some of Uzoho's games for his club this season...I'm curious to know how good is he with saving low shots? Almost all d shots he saved against Argentina were high balls.. Some tall goalkeepers have this weakness of conceding from.low shots...is it d same with Uzoho?

He was called upon to make some low saves in the games that he played for the first team.

The friendlies should test his abilities
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

He was called upon to make some low saves in the games that he played for the first team.

He was called upon to make some low saves as how?
Please I don't understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
^^he has enough quality to make the team. End of story.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Icon4s:

He was called upon to make some low saves
as how?

If I'm not wrong, that should be that he made
some low shots saves fired at him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
You wouldn’t say the same if he were 18.

Icon79:
Goalkeeping is one area we desperately need to fortify, so I totally agree that he needs to be given a chance to stake his claims. However, I won't lose any sleep about him if Rohr decides to do otherwise. If he's that good, they should have recommended him during the qualifiers.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
You guys can’t wait to cry foul.. I dey look una..

Danielnino00:
This March friendlies could be the last chance for Akpeyi and Echijele to redeem themselves.... Unless Rohr is being sentimental or forced by some big men in the NFF....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

Yea.. we wanna see more of his abilities in the friendlies...his 45 minutes against Argentina was great but not enough...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
Icon4s:

He was called upon to make some low saves as how?

He made some low saves.. I remember he made one at full stretch against Girona.

I have seen several highlights and have not seen a goal, he conceded because it was low

We need to see more games to properly assess.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
owbabs:
^^he has enough quality to make the team. End of story.
seconded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Either way, we would have to support our team. But my point havs been Enyeama also needed to get game time after securing a new club to be considered. Now that’s because Lille was not going to give him a chance to play. All those blowing hot smoke about Ejide, has he even started playing yet?
And if he has, will he get an invite? And if he does, there will be no excuse not to invite Aiyegbeni as well. So many IFs. There is no smoke and u guys dey shout fire fire

elyte89:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
No be race matter na personality. Some people are all about money. Others enjoy their work and put accomplishment ahead of anything.
But a worker deserves his pay — and on time.

realpoacher:

Even if a local coach is paid 20M per month, he won't still think the way this man is thinking.

It is in the mind sir, it's all about exposure

Something is inherently wrong with the mind of the black man...

Let's talk about Oliseh...

When he was appointed just recently by Nigeria as the head coach, Amodu Pinnick made sure that his first 3 months salaries was paid ahead... As in, he was paid in advance!

Yet he couldn't do anything. Rather, He was always complaining about inner diabolic forces fighting him. SMH

He couldn't even stay in Nigeria to work. angry

Would you say he was owed?... Would you still say he wasn't given the right environment to work?

Comparing him in sharp contrast to Rohr

When Rohr was first hired, he said he doesn't care whether he was paid on time or not. He is here to work, and work he must..... Look at the results for yourself

Guy no vex me with this your talk this evening o!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Echiejile use friendly to redeem himself? You're talking about a player Rohr isn't ready to drop?

Sorry to disappoint you, he's only looking for a deputy for him and not replacing him except for injuries.
Danielnino00:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

He made some low saves.. I remember he made one at full stretch against Girona.

I have seen several highlights and have not seen a goal, he conceded because it was low

We need to see more games to properly assess.

If we recommend him as the number 1 goalie just because of those few games you saw, then we will be playing with fire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
somehow:
Echiejile use friendly to redeem himself? You're talking about a player Rohr isn't ready to drop?

Sorry to disappoint you, he's only looking for a deputy for him and not replacing him except for injuries.
lol your opinion though. on what basis would you have Echiejile as your first choice LB. This is the problem with you guys in Nigeria. so much sentiment over quality. Go give Buhari a second term, you deserve whatever you're experiencing cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
DrKlever:
lol your opinion though. on what bases would you have Echiejile as your first choice LB . This is the problem with you guys in Nigeria. so much sentiment over quality . Go give Buhari a second term, you deserve whatever you're experiencing cool

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
I don tire to talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
Humility017:

why don't you forward this to rohr...
I believe him alone can provide you an answer....
but I will rather have Dele in the team in place of akpeyi

grin

..... and you are quick to get upset if you are quoted or replied in the same Manner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

..... and you are quick to get upset if you are quoted or replied in the same Manner.
you asked a question naaaaa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
Icon4s:

If we recommend him as the number 1 goalie just because of those few games you saw, then we will be playing with fire.

My position has always been that we will see in the friendlies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
Humility017:

you asked a question naaaaa

If I do the same to you, hope you won't be angry?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
DrKlever:
lol your opinion though. on what basis would you have Echiejile as your first choice LB. This is the problem with you guys in Nigeria. so much sentiment over quality. Go give Buhari a second term, you deserve whatever you're experiencing cool

At the bolded,... I saw what you did there wink

You are telling us by style that you are out of the country

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) (2885) (2886) ... (16443) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.