Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,308 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12219837 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (16503) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
Enyimba is up 1-0

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
andrew444:
Onazi scores for trabzonspor
Nice!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Onazi with a Man of the Match performance.. Azubuike Okechukwu had a poor game.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
tbaba1234:
Mikel Obi with 2 assists
you don't mean it.... the old dude don't wanna leave football for the kids....and that's my delight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
Great to see Onazi back in the groove.... I wonder who Rohr will wanna start in midfield against Poland considering he speaks of a new formation different from 3-5-2/5-3-2 and 4-2-3-1. We haven't seen much typical 4-3-3 under Rohr tho. Hmmmm...

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
Akwa United playing a goaless draw a with Al-Ittihad of Libya. 24 minute gone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
Icon4s:

Ndubuisi Okosieme.
He was a product of the 1985 Flying Eagles. He alongside Monday Odiaka and Samson Siasia were some of the standout performers from that class.

But just like most other youth players of his time he failed to perform at the senior level.

Odiaka and Okosieme made the Maroc '88 Green Eagles team. A lot was expected of this duo but they didn't leave up to expectations.

The memories of his miss against Cameroon in that final still flashes through my memories alongside the disappointing scream from the late commentator Earnest Okonkwo: "Okosieme ooooo!!!!! ".

That was the last time we saw Ndubuisi Okosieme in the Super Eagles

Full of promises but failed to deliver at the senior level.

His younger Sister Nkeiruka Okosieme featured with the golden generation of the Super Falcons (late 90s to mid 2000s)
Whao what a history! Yes a member of Paul Halmjton U 20 team to Russia 85 but a fringe one who had only 7 minutes appearance against Canada cos we have better player In Augustine Igbinabairo.

This team produced Samson Siasia,Monday Odiaka,Osaro Obabaifo,Augustine Igbinabairo,Waheed Akanni,Andrew Uwe,Alloy Agu,Christian Obi,Ndubuisi Okosieme,Mike Anunobi,Niyi Adeleye,Godwin Ekeh,Mike Odu,Michael Dominic,Wasiu Ipaye,Kingsley Onye,Ike Ukeogu

At Maroc 88 Okosieme had a good tourney cos i remember he had a goal against Kenya and in the final gave that superlative cross to Henry Nwosu which was disallowed for no reason.He had Wole Odegbami to contend with and their situation can be likened to that of Finidi and Tijani but that missed well one of those thing in football.

Yes Monday Odiaka failed woefully cos he was a player everyone expected to lighten maroc 88 but the presence of Yekini was just too overwhelming for him and his great partner Samson Siasia was not released by Lokeren for Afcon.A lot later realised that Siasia was the brain behind Odiaka,he fizzle out after Maroc 88

Truly Okosieme despite the talents failed to live up to expectations and still surprised why he left the stage so early cos i still remember his days in Flash Flamingos of Benin and ACB,this guy was damn good, great guy with Siasia in Flamingos.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Enyimba is up 1-0

Enyimba already won the first leg in Benin Republic..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
terzurum5:
EXCLUSIVE: Turkish club can't afford Chelsea loanee Omeruo

Omeruo signs for Kasimpasa on loan from Chelsea last year

by Samm Audu

Turkish club Kasimpasa will not sign Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo on a permanent transfer at the end of this season, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal.

Omeruo has shone in Turkey, featuring in 18 matches and Kasimpasa are eighth on the Turkish Super Lig table.

Kasimpasa have the option to sign him permanently, but sources told AfricanFootball.com the modest Istanbul club do not have the cash for that and would rather want to have him on loan again for another season.

“Kasimpasa don’t have the money to buy Omeruo outrightly at the end of the season. They rather want another loan for the player and it may now mean the player will have to return to Chelsea,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

Omeruo still has two more years on his contract at Premier League champions and if there is no agreement between ‘The Blues’ and Kasimpasa, the 22-year-old central defender will return to Stamford Bridge at season’s end.

He has already been shipped out on loan by Chelsea to Dutch ADO Den Haag and English Championship side Middlesbrough.
http://africanfootball.com/news/622810/EXCLUSIVE-Turkish-club-can-t-afford-Chelsea-loanee-Omeruo
that's his problem....let him keep shuttling from one club to another...while his mates stay one place to develop themselves and grow their potentials....

he is not even sure of makinh the world cup roaster...same player who was the toast of nigeria defense prior the 2014 world cup....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yea... I know... By 2-0. You were among those that reported the first leg I think.

tbaba1234:

Enyimba already won the first leg in Benin Republic..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Humility017:

that's his problem....let him keep shuttling from one club to another...while his mates stay one place to develop themselves and grow their potentials....

he is not even sure of makinh the world cup roaster...same player who was the toast of nigeria defense prior the 2014 world cup....
My Oga pls try and read the post again cos it was stated that the club don't have the cash to make the deal permanent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Uzoho starts in Spain..

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
Nacho start for leichester against Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
tbaba1234:

I am exicted seeing that all our players are beginning to play regularly especially for Onazi and Ezenwa ...

I wonder what kept him on the bench all these while? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Leicester vs Chelsea FA Cup Quarters....

Ndidi starts in midfield alongside Iborra.

Iheanacho starts upfront behind Vardy.

Victor Moses also starts for Chelsea in his usual RWB role.

The hour is here....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kog45:
My Oga pls try and read the post again cos it was stated that the club don't have the cash to make the deal permanent.

I am deeply concerned...regarding his willingness to remain a Chelsea player...when it is obvious for all to see that Chelsea don't have him in their plans...
he keep extending his contract season after season.......then Chelsea offload him on loan to a championship or a Turkish club...

he should seek a permanent leave...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
realpoacher:

I am exicted seeing that all our players are beginning to play regularly especially for Onazi and Ezenwa ...

I wonder what kept him on the bench all these while? undecided

Onazi has been playing.. He is not always on the bench.... He does not start all the games but he gets a good number of starts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kog45:
Whao what a history! Yes a member of Paul Halmjton U 20 team to Russia 85 but a fringe one who had only 7 minutes appearance against Canada cos we have better player In Augustine Igbinabairo.

This team produced Samson Siasia,Monday Odiaka,Osaro Obabaifo,Augustine Igbinabairo,Waheed Akanni,Andrew Uwe,Alloy Agu,Christian Obi,Ndubuisi Okosieme.

At Maroc 88 Okosieme had a good tourney cos i remember he had a goal against Kenya and in the final gave that superlative cross to Henry Nwosu which was disallowed for no reason.He had Wole Odegbami to contend with and their situation can be likened to that of Finidi and Tijani but that missed well one of those thing in football.

Yes Monday Odiaka failed woefully cos he was a player everyone expected to lighten maroc 88 but the presence of Yekini was just too overwhelming for him and his great partner Samson Siasia was not released by Lokeren for Afcon.A lot later realised that Siasia was the brain behind Odiaka,he fizzle out after Maroc 88

Truly Okosieme despite the talents failed to live up to expectations and still surprised why he left the stage so early cos i still remember his days in Flash Flamingos of Benin and ACB,this guy was damn good, great guy with Siasia in Flamingos.

Yeah you remind me of the other members of that team. Andrew Uweh also made the Maroc '88 team. He had a descent outing though. What ever happened to Waheed Akanni, dude just fizzled out so quickly after a great outing in Moscow '85. He was a house hold name though in the Nigerian league. Same goes for Obobaifo and Igbinabaro. Alloy Agu became Super Eagles number 1 from 1990 to 92.

That Flying Eagles team lost 2-0 to a stars studded Brazilian team in the semis. We played better than them if you recall.
Monday Odiaka was a joint highest highest goal scorer in that WYC. As for him competing with Yekini , even greats like Victor Ikpeba and Jonathan Akpoborie could not displace the Yeking of goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

The hour is here....
Supernerd and the memes, really have missed a lot on nairaland. Moses has reply dipped in form except he is saving himself for the world cup. Nacho is building up confidence and Ndidi is really a good buy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
Akpeyi kept a clean sheet yesterday.. Hope he carries the confidence to the Super Eagles camp.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Awwwwwwwn... Yet another angle to this. So he belongs to the U-20 class of 1985. Hmmm... Very talented class that was. Thanks for your time Chief..... Buuuttttttt.....

Why is it thay Chief Icon4s no dey easily forget those players wey break him heart....? sad cry

Just like I don't forget those that broke our hearts I don't forget those that made us proud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
tbaba1234:
Akpeyi kept a clean sheet yesterday.. Hope he carries the confidence to the Super Eagles camp.

Yeah, I saw highlights of that game on Super sports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
Icon4s:

Just like I don't forget those that broke our hearts I don't forget those that made us proud.

Ofcos Dad.... You know I was just teasing ya... grin But I no talk "our" I talk "your" heart in particular... wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

The hour is here....

Preparing my bowl of popcorn with which to watch this encounter. Today na today.

Pro- and anti-nacho get ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Humility017:

I am deeply concerned...regarding his willingness to remain a Chelsea player...when it is obvious for all to see that Chelsea don't have him in their plans...
he keep extending his contract season after season.......then Chelsea offload him on loan to a championship or a Turkish club...

he should seek a permanent leave...
Well said but sometimes player can't forced their way out and player's wages need to be met or a little bit lowered wages can be acceptable by both parties and remember Chelsea we want to cash on him cos he signed another contract meaning still in Chelsea plan.

I think Moses should thank Conte for believing in him if not he would have been out on loan again though difficult for players when on loan but they can't forced themselves out when no club is ready to do business,just hear it Kasimpasa don't have the cash to pull the deal.

Mikel moved to China just cos Valencia are not even ready to.pay £80k he received at Chelsea,difficult decision to decide and remember these guys are Africans just like South Americans,money is the drive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Ofcos Dad.... You know I was just teasing ya... grin But I no talk "our" I talk "your" heart in particular... wink

In Buhari's voice : "I am for everybody and not for myself".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
lol, Chelsea fans and that Bakayoko(abi na Bakyoko) are like 5 and 6.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Icon4s:

In Buhari's voice : "I am for everybody and not for myself".

In bubu's voice you say.... ??

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
AKWA UTD 1-0 Al-Ittihad

1:1 aggregate..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Akwa United goes one goal up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
Icon4s:

Yeah you remind me of the other members of that team. Andrew Uweh also made the Maroc '88 team. He had a descent outing though. What ever happened to Waheed Akanni, dude just fizzled out so quickly after a great outing in Moscow '85. He was a house hold name though in the Nigerian league. Same goes for Obobaifo and Igbinabaro. Alloy Agu became Super Eagles number 1 from 1990 to 92.

That Flying Eagles team lost 2-0 to a stars studded Brazilian team in the semis. We played better than them if you recall.
Monday Odiaka was a joint highest highest goal scorer in that WYC. As for him competing with Yekini , even greats like Victor Ikpeba and Jonathan Akpoborie could not displace the Yeking of goals.
Waheed Akanni is presently top gun in Lagos state sports circle.I think he work with Lagos state government regards sports.

In the 80s most of these guys value education even more than football,you should remember Akanni left for United States with Dehinde Akinlotan,Niyi Aderinoku known as OBODO now a big time oil magnate,Tajudeen Disu junior bro to coach Tunde Disu,Fatai Atere,Jonathan Akpoborie,Mike Emenalo,Augustine Igbinabaro,Mark Anunobi,Godwin Ekeh,Paul Okoku to further their education.

They went on MKO Abiola scholarship and some went through Chief Nathaniel Idowu the Father of great Athlete Phillip Idowu of Great Britain and some with the assistance of Anthony Ikhazoboh,Patrick Okpomo,Emeka Omeruo, and SB Williams.

In the 80s guys mixed sports with education and they are happy for it now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
A few of them on twitter already feel like Leicester will knack them 4-0 because he is on the lineup.... Looollll...

Will love to see Ndidi against those two French dudes tho... Kanye and Bakayoko... wink

Daejoyoung:
lol, Chelsea fans and that Bakayoko(abi na Bakyoko) are like 5 and 6.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (16503) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, gamaliel9, Lyster360(m), Philosopher1979, elyte89, etebefia, M7even(m), iamdynamite(m), lbrichman2, Bannedlargejr and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.