Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12027809 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (16409) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2018
gbosaa:
Nike is doing the Nigerian fans and themselves lots of disservice by delaying the sales of the new shirts.

I searched online and this is what I found. It’s being sold in China already...

Already in Nigeria. Lagos to be precise but not sure of quality cos it is online thing. Being sold 12k ...

I will wait till June .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2018

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2018
Nice one.. Joel's all smiles.

Was watching Shehu live yesterday when Musa called the wife.

The wife started saying.. "no go give person Belle for Poland o".. Musa went quiet. I thought heard him wrongly. The call was on speaker phone. I guess that embarrassed him because the call went off few seconds later.

Women and insecurity.

tbaba1234:

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2018
komekn:

If I said the same it would be termed mockery of our players. In addition to regarding all things English as being superior.

Hahahahahah! Please, express yourself freely here.

It's fun having different view point. We are learning from each other. So, have fun and take nothing here seriously.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2018
We are beginning to have new faces here. .. Very nice

You are all welcomed.!!!

Lakesidepapa never reach one day here, he don begin quarrel angry

Take ya time o!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2018
for Joesl Obi......Prayer warriors join me please
gamaliel9:

O heavens allow our prayers to pierce you and come back to us with joy....O Spirits, preserve his veins ....all you Angels , guard his muscles...Host of Archanges, into your hands we commend his bones. Ameeen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2018
Icon4s:

All the prayer warriors in the house oya join me.

We need to embark on 21days fasting for this dude.

Major prayer point: ALL HIS "VILLAGE PEOPLE" SHOULD GO TO SLEEP FROM TODAY AND SHOULD NOT WAKE UP TILL AFTER THE WORLD CUP!

Who will join me in this fasting?

Team doctor just need to give him special consideration.

God will continue to protect him throughout WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:09am On Mar 22, 2018
gamaliel9:
for Joesl Obi......Prayer warriors join me please

Amen o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
but him and Simon are the shortest in camp

No ooooooo. He the same height with Victor Moses but taller than Simon, Musa, Aina, Shehu, and Onazi. Even Etebor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 8:15am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Yes, you are right Keshi team did it but with BP, hypertension, heart attack, kwatankwa football etc. grin

I hope you can spot the difference. grin
Well in 1994 we had to beat Ivory Coast on penalties, and the Zambians dominated a great part of the second half hitting the woodwork even with the quality on our side, so it's not that different in terms of performance but l agree we had really technical individuals then admired across the globe, we had Finidi, Taribo, Yekini, and later on Kanu and Okocha who were well known in 1998.
ln terms of the quality of players and the club's they played for, l agree we can't compare this team to that of 1998( or even 1994) but team work is what matters, and this generation can really do better than the set of the nineties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2018
realpoacher:

You are all welcomed.!!!

Take ya time o!!
lakesidepapa senior you for this thread, he comes and goes, but he has been here for years.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diana158(m): 8:16am On Mar 22, 2018
Please who knows Which Channel is going to broadcast the Poland vs Nigeria Match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:17am On Mar 22, 2018
AllforJesus7:
Brother Liedector be serving us hot bowls of lies like we are in a rice and plantain party. grin

Bros kindly show me clear video evidences of Messi partaking in fun activities with his NT mates.
The Messi I know is a very discreet individual like Moses

Ain't a Messi fan but I have to be honest here, there was a youtube video of him shirtless, waving his jersey,. dancing and singing what I don't understand with his with other Argentine team mates after the match that he scored hatrick to qualify them. Maybe it was the euphoria that came with the narrow escape of not qualifying.

That video made me smile even though I didn't understand What they were singing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:18am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

No ooooooo. He the same height with Victor Moses but taller than Simon, Musa, Aina, Shehu, and Onazi. Even Etebor.
how can you say Joel Obi is taller than Ola Aina? Bros, you don't know how to gauge heights from pictures?

Aina is taller than Joel with at least three inches, don't rank him with short people abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:28am On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Well in 1994 we had to beat Ivory Coast on penalties, and the Zambians dominated hitting the woodwork in the second half even with the quality on our side, so it's not that different in terms of performance but l agree we had really technical individuals then admired across the globe, we had Finidi, Taribo, Yekini, and later on Kanu and Okocha who were well known in 1998.
on terms of the quality of players and the club's they played for, l agree we can't compare this generation, but team work is what matters, and this generation can really do better than the set in the nineties.

Ok na.

Ehen, there was no expectation on Keshi's team but there was in 1994.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Already in Nigeria. Lagos to be precise but not sure of quality cos it is online thing. Being sold 12k ...

I will wait till June .

It’s FAKE. Nike hasn’t started selling it yet. In China the retail price is between $11 and $15. It’ll be much cheaper for those buying in bulk.

The last World Cup shirt cost up to £69 if you customised it with name and number. I think the shirts would go as far as £50+. This is one area that Nigerians are united in buying and promoting fake products. I hope to buy the training shirt/jacket from them but if I see a good replica, I’d buy. Some of the fakes have bad spellings of ‘FEDERATION’...you’d see it written as NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDRATION. or FEDETION and the Nike can be spelt as NIKKE.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2018
safarigirl:
how can you say Joel Obi is taller than Ola Aina? Bros, you don't know how to gauge heights from pictures?

Aina is taller than Joel with at least three inches, don't rank him with short people abeg

My bad. Aina is taller than Joel Obi but with two inches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2018
AllforJesus7:
Brother Liedector be serving us hot bowls of lies like we are in a rice and plantain party. grin

Bros kindly show me clear video evidences of Messi partaking in fun activities with his NT mates.
The Messi I know is a very discreet individual like Moses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnUnUHNNyk

Need I say more ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:34am On Mar 22, 2018
safarigirl:
lakesidepapa senior you for this thread, he comes and goes, but he has been here for years.
some even started from the old thread but hardly post here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 8:38am On Mar 22, 2018
LieDetector:
I hope you do realise this is liedetector you're talking to grin
you go fear na grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

they are all taller than messi who is my G.O.A.T
so i don't care about there height
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Team doctor just need to give him special consideration.

God will continue to protect him throughout WC

He need as much physical confrontation as possible. Rohr should send Matuidi or Tottenham’s Dembele to man mark him. I trust rugged Stephen Eze to harass him very well during corner kicks or if he breaches his territory.

If he isn’t very fit, let him go back to Torino and enjoy pizza. No one wants to see an unfit Obi hobbling off in Russia after playing 10mins in a World Cup match. If he isn’t fit, he should leave camp. He is full of potentials but injuries have dealt badly with him. His last match for the Eagles at Craven cottage wasn’t very good.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:40am On Mar 22, 2018
gbosaa:

It’s FAKE. Nike hasn’t started selling it yet. In China the retail price is between $11 and $15. It’ll be much cheaper for those buying in bulk.

The last World Cup shirt cost up to £69 if you customised it with name and number. I think the shirts would go as far as £50+. This is one area that Nigerians are united in buying and promoting fake products. I hope to buy the training shirt/jacket from them but if I see a good replica, I’d buy. Some of the fakes have bad spellings of ‘FEDERATION’...you’d see it written as NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDRATION. or FEDETION and the Nike can be spelt as NIKKE.

I know is fake... June is sure banker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Lakesidepapa was here even before you Sir Poacher.... wink He's only just returned.

realpoacher:

You are all welcomed.!!!

Take ya time o!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Joel Obi isn’t taller than Aina. I don’t know about the others but he’d have to wear Goth shoes to level with Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 22, 2018
mazimee:

Ain't a Messi fan but I have to be honest here, there was a youtube video of him shirtless, waving his jersey,. dancing and singing what I don't understand with his with other Argentine team mates after the match that he scored hatrick to qualify them. Maybe it was the euphoria that came with the narrow escape of not qualifying.

That video made me smile even though I didn't understand What they were singing.

Bro that was euphoria. Completely different from the bone of contention. Messi is not such a lively individual.

The truth is that I worry about those complaining of Victor Moses' reservedness. Mikel is very reserved but no one complains. Mikel at a time deleted himself off social media. He shys away from the video whenever the boys start their jolly acts. No one complains.

We need not complain about people's nature. He is our best attacker on the field and his performances speak volume.

Besides many of those complaining here are no different, or even worse in real life.

If event and chance finds a way to bring all of us on this thread together n real life regularly, clearly there are some of us who will not relate. That's their character. No need to complain.

We have all kinds. There are some e.g thesupernerd who will take offence at any little thing and will find a reason to always quarrel grin grin (Bros na joke o ) grin

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 9:01am On Mar 22, 2018
Krattoss reporting live from Twitter grin cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Omo den plenty o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Den plenty sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fun2015: 9:08am On Mar 22, 2018
Morning sir. Plz do u fix game.
soetanoreoluwa:
We should sit back for like 15mins to frustrate the Cameroonians then launch our attack missles of Vic moss and Simon Moses... With our IGWE Mikel using RPG for the attack...

Like to see Aina today.... As a sub

All the eagles... #soarsupereagle #Russia2018. We don land...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Phythondancer(f): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
joel issa fine boy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2018
gbosaa:

bros, £50 is at least 25,000 naira, shey you know? Even my school fees is not that expensive

If you get that kain money, help a girl out or kuku allow us to buy our fake things in unity cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (16409) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Shegzdave, mostob(m), Marjoribanks and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.