Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3096) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987283 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I do not appreciate such lousy jokes especially when it doesnt reflect me in anyway or when you give a mention to score cheap points or likes. So please, mention responsibly... The fact that my moniker is so easy to recall shouldn't be abused by you or anyone in anyway. Thank you. smiley

Lol easy bro. Obama, Trump etc are all subjects of regular jokes. You really cannot stop jibes from coming your way. You can only react. And your reaction is what defines who you are.
Its a light joke bro (born out of your glaring actions on this thread; I see you in a lot of controversy). Take it in good light. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Eagles, Beware Of These 5 Polish Players!

As the Super Eagles prepare to take on Poland in an international friendly in Wroclaw on Friday, Completesportsnigeria.com’s JOHNNY EDWARD presents 5 Polish stars Gernot Rohr and his men must be wary of…

1, Robert Lewandowski

Robert Lewandowski is the captain of the Polish national team and he is unarguably the biggest star in the squad. The Polish star moved from Borussia Dortmund four years ago to Bayern Munich and has blossomed into one of the finest strikers in world football. He’s a clinical finisher who also brings his teammates into play. The 29 year old who has been named the Polish Player of the Year a record seven times has scored 32 goals in 37 games for Bayern this season and Leon Balogun who is expected to feature for the Super Eagles in defence knows what to expect when he comes up against Lewandowski.
The last time both players met in the German Bundesliga earlier this season when Bayern Munich hosted Mainz, the Pole scored twice as the Bavarians won the encounter 4-0. The Pole has continued to score goals against the tightest defence this season and will, no doubt, be a threat to the Super Eagles on Friday.

2, Wojciech Szczesny

Wojciech Szczesny possesses an impressive record for Juventus this season despite playing second fiddle to Gianluca Buffon. The former Arsenal and Roma goalkeeper has kept 13 clean sheets in 17 games in all competitions for the top Serie A side conceding six times. The 27 year old’s wealth of experience in England and Italy has seen him being preferred to Swansea’s Lukas Fabianski and
Artur Bour at Bournemouth in goal for the Polish national team.

Super Eagles forwards must be in a killer mood like they were against Argentina to deny Szczesny his 15th clean sheet at international level.

3, Lukasz Piszczek

The 59-cap Poland international, Lukasz Piszczek is fit again and in top form once more. Piszczek has been an influential player for Borussia Dortmund this season. Since his return from knee ligament injury the 32-year old right wing-back has helped Peter Stöger’s team to an 11 game unbeaten streak.
Piszczek’s record this season with Dortmund reads 16 appearances, 10 wins, six draws and zero defeats. The Super Eagles attackers will need to bring their A-game to outdo Lukasz on the day.

4, Jakub Błaszczykowski

The VfL Wolfsburg midfielder, Jakub Błaszczykowski is in the twilight of his career with the Polish national team but he remains a key figure for them despite being plagued with injuries this season at club level. The 32-year old, short of game time with Wolfsburg with a goal in seven games is an awesome midfielder and will cause Nigeria problems once he gets into his rhythm. The former Borussia Dortmund star, Błaszczykowski will be looking to score his 20 th goal for Poland when he makes his 98 th appearance against Nigeria come Friday.

5, Grzegorz Krychowiak

Currently on a season-long loan at West Brom from PSG, Grzegorz Krychowiak offers shield to the defence line of the Polish team. Krychowiak is good at breaking the rhythm of play of opposing teams and launching swift counter attacks with his long range passes. For West Brom this season, the 28 year old has completed 568 passes with a pass accuracy of 80%, of which 82% were forward passes.
With the Super Eagles influential skipper, Mikel Obi out of the clash against Poland, Krychowiak will be out to stop either of Alex Iwobi or Kelechi Iheanacho who are expected to fill in for Mikel in the No.10 role.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/eagles-beware-of-these-5-polish-players/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 84 days 5 hours 45 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16am On Mar 22, 2018
Even the Jesus in your moniker was in a whole lot more controversies than I can ever be in. So it shows that uniqueness attracts controversies too... So if it is jibes you have come to throw at me because of controversy, just think of Jesus next time. Thank you again. wink

AllforJesus7:

Lol easy bro. Obama, Trump etc are all subjects of regular jokes. You really cannot stop jibes from coming your way. You can only react. And your reaction is what defines who you are.
Its a light joke bro (born out of your glaring actions on this thread; I see you in a lot of controversy). Take it in good light. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2018
Szczesny Wants Poland To Play Three-man Defence Against Nigeria

Polish national team goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, hopes his side deploys a three-man defence line when they take on Nigeria in Friday’s international friendly at the Milejski stadium on Wroclaw, Poland.
Szczesny who is targeting his 15th clean sheet for the Polish national team since making his debut in 2009 has been pleased with the tactical awareness of the team ahead of the encounter

“Looking at the training we’ve had so far and last matches of the team you can actually see that we are improving tactically,” Szczesny tells Polish media outlet polsatsport.pl .

“Personally, it does not make much difference to me, but I prefer playing with three defenders, but whether it will be right for the national team, time will tell.”

The Juventus shot stopper also stated it will be too early for coach Adam Nawałka to decide on his first choice goalkeeper with three months to the 2018 World Cup.

“I think it would be unreasonable to speak in March about who will be number 1 in June. There may still be many things along the way. Declines in form, injuries, all these are normal in sport,” Szczesny added.

The 28 year old is one of the four goalkeepers in the squad to face Nigeria for the first time. Bartosz Białkow, Łukasz Fabiański and Łukasz Skorupski are the other goalkeepers in the squad.

Meanwhile, later today (Thursday), both Poland and Nigeria will have a feel of the Wroclaw Stadium ahead of Friday’s encounter.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/szczesny-wants-poland-to-play-three-man-defence-against-nigeria/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 84 days 5 hours 38 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chiscodedon(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2018
maidaboi:
some even started from the old thread but hardly post here
Your head dey there... Started this thread the day it was created... Am a lover of Nigerian super Eagles, so always come here to be updated on things happening in camp... Though, I don't post

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2018
GOtv Subscribers gonna enjoy the Poland vs Nigeria Match on Channel 31 (SuperSport 1).

15 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Even the Jesus in your moniker was in a whole lot more controversies than I can ever be in. So it shows that uniqueness attracts controversies too... So if it is jibes you have come to throw at me because of controversy, just think of Jesus next time. Thank you again. wink

Are you a muslim or an atheist?

I see you are a student of psychology. I see the game you are playing on me.

You win. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2018
Looollll.... my signature gives me away naa... I am obviously a Christian. smiley
AllforJesus7:

Are you a muslim or an atheist?
I see you are a student of psychology. I see the game you are playing on me.
You win. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2018
Happy seeing @congo4ka viewing the thread grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:29am On Mar 22, 2018
Oasis007:
GOtv Subscribers gonna enjoy the Poland vs Nigeria Match on Channel 31 (SuperSport 1).

Thank God. We are on a NEPA day off today & will be on tomorrow around 9pm. Perfect timing!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

it seems Vic Moses is shy
. I thought I was the only one that noticed. People often tend to mistake timidity for pride.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34am On Mar 22, 2018
Just saw it on the scroll bar. Says 7 abi 9
AllforJesus7:

Bros Super Sports have declared they will no longer show the match.
Check their link below.

Just kidding grin SS8 will show it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Your last statement crack me up. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Choose your units... Threads per day speed, comments per day speed, comments by hour speed... Or threads per half day speed... grin

hahahaha
ok calculate all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Poland Goalkeeper Will Be Substituted At Half Time Against Nigeria

Poland national team coach Adam Nawałka intends to utilize all the four goalkeepers he has named to his roster for the upcoming friendlies against Nigeria and South Korea.

The goalkeepers invited for the two matches are former Arsenal stars Wojciech Szczęsny and Łukasz Fabiański,
Ipswich Town's Bartosz Białkowski and AS Roma's back-up goalie Łukasz Skorupski.

Przegląd Sportowy has reported that two of the aforementioned goalkeepers will get game time against Nigeria, one in each half of the game.

While Poland are not lacking personnel in the goalkeeping department, the same cannot be said for the Super Eagles as they have only two goalkeepers in camp following the arrival of Ikechukwu Ezenwa on Wednesday.

Chippa United star Daniel Akpeyi is out of the friendly against Poland as his passport is still at the embassy and might not even travel to London for the friendly against Serbia next Tuesday.

Poland will take on Nigeria at the Municipal Stadium in Wrocław starting from 2045 hours.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : pzpn.pl

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27043

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 84 days 5 hours 14 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Training post yesterday though

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Mrphilia i see you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:46am On Mar 22, 2018
Farzat i see you too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2018
I just want to watch Uzoho, Joel and Ebuehi.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 10:48am On Mar 22, 2018
daveP:
I see no reason why we shouldn't win the next u20 WYC. Our hands are full than ever before.
only if we can qualified for the Africa championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:48am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Poland Goalkeeper Will Be Substituted At Half Time Against Nigeria

Poland national team coach Adam Nawałka intends to utilize all the four goalkeepers he has named to his roster for the upcoming friendlies against Nigeria and South Korea.

The goalkeepers invited for the two matches are former Arsenal stars Wojciech Szczęsny and Łukasz Fabiański,
Ipswich Town's Bartosz Białkowski and AS Roma's back-up goalie Łukasz Skorupski.

Przegląd Sportowy has reported that two of the aforementioned goalkeepers will get game time against Nigeria, one in each half of the game.

While Poland are not lacking personnel in the goalkeeping department, the same cannot be said for the Super Eagles as they have only two goalkeepers in camp following the arrival of Ikechukwu Ezenwa on Wednesday.

Chippa United star Daniel Akpeyi is out of the friendly against Poland as his passport is still at the embassy and might not even travel to London for the friendly against Serbia next Tuesday.

Poland will take on Nigeria at the Municipal Stadium in Wrocław starting from 2045 hours.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : pzpn.pl

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27043

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 84 days 5 hours 14 mins to go

So Akpeyi might miss Serbia friendly too... It is well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2018
How Super Eagles Line Up In 4-2-3-1 Formation During Training Session, Idowu Picked Ahead Of Echiejile

Owngoalnigeria.com has obtained details of how the Super Eagles of Nigeria lined up in their evening training session yesterday which was supervised by coach Gernot Rohr.

The team had a practice game with coach Rohr separating the players into two teams for a practice game which ended 3-1 in favour of the team that looks likely to start (Team lineup A).

Ikechukwu Ezenwa had his first session with the team, and he was in goal for the team many believe is the B team while Francis Odinaka Uzoho manned goal for the A team.

The shock inclusion in the A team was Brian Idowu who started as left back for the team that had lost of the likely starters. His selection ahead of Elderson Echiejile and Ola Aina was the only major change in the team A.

Line Up Team A:

Francis Odinaka Uzoho ( GK)

Shehu Abdullahi

Brian Idowu

Leon Balogun

William Troost-Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi

Ogenyi Onazi ( Joel Obi)

Kelechi Iheanacho

Alex Iwobi

Victor Moses

Odion Ighalo

Line Up Team B:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa ( GK)

Ola Aina

Elderson Echiejile

Chidozie Awaziem

Kenneth Omeruo

Uche Agbo

Joel Obi ( Eddy Onazi)

Moses Simon

Ahmed Musa

John Ogu

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/22/how-super-eagles-line-up-in-4-2-3-1-formation-during-training-session-idowu-picked-ahead-of-echiejile/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 84 days 5 hours 7 mins to go

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2018
isan:
Okay this is the clearer picture of Joel obi u are looking for and by my info i heard he is already showing his class in training
. Finally. I can rest at last cheesy. Thanks a lot man wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2018
Szczesny Wants Poland To Play Three-man Defence Against Nigeria
1 March 22, 2018 9:22 am

Polish national team goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, hopes his side deploys a three-man defence line when they take on Nigeria in Friday’s international friendly at the Milejski stadium on Wroclaw, Poland.

Szczesny who is targeting his 15 th clean sheet for the Polish national team since making his debut in 2009 has been pleased with the tactical awareness of the team ahead of the encounter

“Looking at the training we’ve had so far and last matches of the team you can actually see that we are improving tactically,” Szczesny tells Polish media outlet polsatsport.pl .

“Personally, it does not make much difference to me, but I prefer playing with three defenders, but whether it will be right for the national team, time will tell.”

The Juventus shot stopper also stated it will be too early for coach Adam Nawałka to decide on his first choice goalkeeper with three months to the 2018 World Cup.

“I think it would be unreasonable to speak in March about who will be number 1 in June. There may still be many things along the way. Declines in form, injuries, all these are normal in sport,” Szczesny added.

The 28 year old is one of the four goalkeepers in the squad to face Nigeria for the first time. Bartosz Białkow, Łukasz Fabiański and Łukasz Skorupski are the other goalkeepers in the squad.

Meanwhile, later today (Thursday), both Poland and Nigeria will have a feel of the Wroclaw Stadium ahead of Friday’s encounter.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/szczesny-wants-poland-to-play-three-man-defence-against-nigeria/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
How Super Eagles Line Up In 4-2-3-1 Formation During Training Session, Idowu Picked Ahead Of Echiejile

Owngoalnigeria.com has obtained details of how the Super Eagles of Nigeria lined up in their evening training session yesterday which was supervised by coach Gernot Rohr.

The team had a practice game with coach Rohr separating the players into two teams for a practice game which ended 3-1 in favour of the team that looks likely to start (Team lineup A).

Ikechukwu Ezenwa had his first session with the team, and he was in goal for the team many believe is the B team while Francis Odinaka Uzoho manned goal for the A team.

The shock inclusion in the A team was Brian Idowu who started as left back for the team that had lost of the likely starters. His selection ahead of Elderson Echiejile and Ola Aina was the only major change in the team A.

Line Up Team A:

Shehu Abdullahi

Brian Idowu

Leon Balogun

William Troost-Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi

Ogenyi Onazi ( Joel Obi)

Kelechi Iheanacho

Alex Iwobi

Victor Moses

Odion Ighalo

Line Up Team B:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa ( GK)

Ola Aina

Elderson Echiejile

Chidozie Awaziem

Kenneth Omeruo

Uche Agbo

Joel Obi ( Eddy Onazi)

Moses Simon

Ahmed Musa

John Ogu

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/22/how-super-eagles-line-up-in-4-2-3-1-formation-during-training-session-idowu-picked-ahead-of-echiejile/

ebuehi no partake?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Line Up Team A:

Shehu Abdullahi

Brian Idowu

Leon Balogun

William Troost-Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi

Ogenyi Onazi ( Joel Obi)

Kelechi Iheanacho

Alex Iwobi

Victor Moses

Odion Ighalo

Line Up Team B:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa ( GK)

Ola Aina

Elderson Echiejile

Chidozie Awaziem

Kenneth Omeruo

Uche Agbo

Joel Obi ( Eddy Onazi)

Moses Simon

Ahmed Musa

John Ogu

**Shedrack Obi

My fantasy line up prediction was right...for team A

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:03am On Mar 22, 2018
enomakos:
only if we can qualified for the Africa championship
i pray we will.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:04am On Mar 22, 2018
asha80:

ebuehi no partake?

Looking like sacrificial lamb or he's fit cos he just recovered from injury.

There will be a training session today though. He might partake and also being long Elderson play trying to see his fitness leVel.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2018
I expected this to be the first question... lol... I think the issue of his fitness is not being rushed by Rohr as you know he is still recovering. Remember he failed a last minute fitness test with his club over the weekend so Rohr would wanna take it easy on him I think.
Ebuehi trained alone shaa...

I expect Ebuehi to maybe star against Serbia.

asha80:

ebuehi no partake?

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
How Super Eagles Line Up In 4-2-3-1 Formation During Training Session, [b]Idowu Picked Ahead Of Echiejile

Line Up Team A:

Shehu Abdullahi

Brian Idowu

Leon Balogun

William Troost-Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi

Ogenyi Onazi ( Joel Obi)

Kelechi Iheanacho

Alex Iwobi

Victor Moses

Odion Ighalo

Line Up Team B:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa ( GK)

Ola Aina

Elderson Echiejile

Chidozie Awaziem

Kenneth Omeruo

Uche Agbo

Joel Obi ( Eddy Onazi)

Moses Simon

Ahmed Musa

John Ogu

**Shedrack Obi

Very good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:08am On Mar 22, 2018
bigomoh:
isn't that MFMs onuwa on the left?
yes that is onuwa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12am On Mar 22, 2018
Very likely lineup you have. And pretty strong too. Balogun to the left of CB with Idowu there balances the issue of pace on the left.... if that was Echiejile and Balogun on the left, in the words of my friend in Abuja, that would be "catastrophically suicidal"... Looolll.. cheesy

Echiejile's and Balogun's combo of poor and moderate pace will make that left side very vulnerable but with Idowu there, yes... that is expected to balance things on the pace angle giving Balogun more focus on his positioning and anticipation to make up for his own moderate pace. Idowu's pace and energy and Balogun's positional intelligence are the things I wanna see work down that left....

soetanoreoluwa:

My fantasy line up prediction was right...for team A

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CaptainStephen(m), kendrick9(m), Daninya33, MegaStarr(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.