Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12320531 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) ... (16541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

Kelechi has scored all kinds of goals for Nigeria. Header, long distance shot, tap-ins...

What has he scored as a striker is wat we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
lol like video game
lexyman:
the second goal of Real Madrid is a prove that Ronaldo is a cheat grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

Andy Johnson played in a terrible crystal palace team but was still one of the highest scorers in the league.
A good scorer will take advantage of the scraps fed to him and yes sometimes scorers had to be selfish.

Alan Shearer scored plenty goals out of nothing and smashed goals from distance, He did not have to run with the ball to score than many goals.

how many scrap was fed to ighalo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
lexyman:
the second goal of Real Madrid is a prove that Ronaldo is a cheat grin grin grin

That was a beautiful bicycle kick and difficult to execute too.. The ball was behind him and he still produced that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

Ighalo 4goals in 17matches for naija 2 from pks

Only one was a PK but that was not the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Humility017:

so unfortunate...I think it should be 5 goals..I remember he scored against Luxemburg.

a very poor stats...I think the goals were that low...because chances were never created for him.....*a lame excuse I will call it....a very lame one.

Baba,its obvious u don't like ighalo as a striker,boss kog45 gave u a a gud point,BUT u couldn't defend IT, concerning KANU

KANU stats too was very poor as a striker whether he plays as 8 or 9,all na striker,weda supporting o,canvassing striker,THEY ARE ALL STRIKER,dey are listed as "strikers".KANU Is a striker,he played 87times for eagles and he only scored a paltry sum of 12goals..extremely poor,cos u once said it ursef DT,d major function of striker is to score,every oda things follows,judging from d above statement u made earlier on this thread.....KANU IS THE WORST STRIKER WE EVER HAD IN D HISTORY OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
in 2022 komekn and forgiveness will start clamoring for this player because of this feat. grin

Nigerian Striker Nominated For League Two Player Of The Season Award
Published: April 03, 2018
Nigerian Striker Nominated For League Two Player Of The Season AwardNigerian striker Adebayo Akinfenwa has been nominated for the Sky Bet League Two Player of the Season award.

The Wycombe Wanderers frontman has been shortlisted for the accolade along with Mohamed Eisa (Cheltenham Town) and Billy Kee (Accrington Stanley).

The 2018 EFL Awards will be held on April 15th at the London Hilton on Park Lane and awards will be given out across twelve categories.

The only player of Nigerian descent that made the shortlist, Akinfenwa, has been in brilliant form for Wycombe Wanderers in the fourth-tier of English football, scoring 17 goals in 39 starts while notching up 14 assists.

Whatever the outcome of the Player of the Season award, the 35-year-old will certainly walk away from the ceremony with his head held high as he has been named to the Team of the Season in the division.

In a 4-3-3 formation chosen by managers of clubs in League Two, Akinfenwa was one of the three strikers selected.

The former Watford youth-teamer lists Leyton Orient, Swansea City, Millwall, Northampton Town, Gillingham and AFC Wimbledon amongst his former clubs.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
ON TORUNARIGHA:

“I recently called the Nigerian coach, Gernot Rohr, and explained to him that Jordan would continue to play for Germany in the future. He thought it was a pity, but he understood”, Zorn was quoted as saying by German publication B.Z.

Same publication also quoted the defender as saying “The opportunity to play for Nigeria at the World Cup would, of course, have honoured me. After all, my father played for this country, too.”

“However, it quickly became clear to me that I wanted to prove myself to the DFB. I’m new to the U21 and I really want to assert myself there.”

-- OGN

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
OGN RUMOR:

Musa Yahaya to EPL club, Huddersfield?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
elyte89:

Baba,its obvious u don't like ighalo as a striker,boss kog45 gave u a a gud point,BUT u couldn't defend IT, concerning KANU

KANU stats too was very poor as a striker whether he plays as 8 or 9,all na striker,weda supporting o,canvassing striker,THEY ARE ALL STRIKER,dey are listed as "strikers".KANU Is a striker,he played 87times for eagles and he only scored a paltry sum of 12goals..extremely poor,cos u once said it ursef DT,d major function of striker is to score,every oda things follows,judging from d above statement u made earlier on this thread.....KANU IS THE WORST STRIKER WE EVER HAD IN D HISTORY OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL grin

kanu was never a top 9 but often play as 8....

he was a striker if he does not score goals...he can help others score goals...

what can you say of Ighalo in that regard?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2018
solonnachi:

Mr O pari. I get you clearly but if the team that played Serbia faces Iceland, we will be flogged badly. I understand your worries but Rohr understands that Nigerian mentality which says WIN AT ALL COST. He is doing all last minute arrangement to perfect his team, lets allow him scout for more players. We still have DRCongo, England, Czech Rep and another country to face. Allow the man to sharpen his side. The NFF are dangling 'world cup carrots' at foreign born talents. Lets allow him

That team lost against Serbia but won Poland...iceland lost in there friendly.

every game is different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Only one was a PK but that was not the point.

Oga na two oo from my source, and thats the point Ighalo is 29 he cant learn new thing, doesnt have basic striker instinct, no good positioning infact we no get striker joor.

4 goals from 17caps 2 penalties shows u he only scored 2 goals from open play, doesnt mean that they have not been feeding him passes??, very poor stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
Martz101:

you guys are all trying to defend poor performance...

I never knew that the super eagles was that poor...that the midfield merely creates one chance for the striker to score goals...

please you should tell me something else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
Martz101:

Throughout his super eagles career?? Are you trying to say, he has not had chances in 15 games to have scored more?

Scoring depends on a number of factors. Positioning, runs behind the defence, finding space....

The world best finishers, Inzaghi, Van nisterooy etc had those qualities... Inzaghi can be offside 20 times in a game but he needs just one onside call.

Perhaps, he'd have more joy if we crossed the ball more.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

Oga na two oo from my source, and thats the point Ighalo is 29 he cant learn new thing, doesnt have basic striker instinct, no good positioning infact we no get striker joor.

4 goals from 17caps 2 penalties shows u he only scored 2 goals from open play, doesnt mean that they have not been feeding him passes??, very poor stats
my brother thank you...sometimes when you talk they will say you hate the player...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

Name them? Because the only one I know was against Chad. Two goals against Cameroon and one vs Luxemburg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Name them? Because the only one I know was against Chad. Two goals against Cameroon and one vs Luxemburg.

The stat was pulled from espn and wikipedia, his second goal was a friendly against cameroon on 11 Oct 2015, i guess thats where he scored the second penalty.
hope you know he was once the skipper of our U20 team.
If u can be able to pull his assist for the eagles my be I will have a rethink about his contribution to d eagles, cos right now he is not adding anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
Orkpekyandega:
Ebere Eze On Target In 4-1 Demolition Of Norwich City

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6921580_ebereezescores_jpeg09bc920e972a8f401bcc872b8fefe55c

Ebere Eze Scores (courtesy QPR)

Nigerian wonderkid Ebere Eze was on the scoresheet as Rangers come from behind to batter Norwich 4-1 at Loftus Road on Easter Monday.

The 19 year old was at his brilliant best producing a classy first half display showing as usual his flashes of skill and brilliance before capping it up with a superb goal in the 2nd half.

The hosts had gone behind in the first half through an own goal as Nelson Oliviera was adjudged to have gotten the final touch towards the target for the visitors.

But QPR responded inside 90 seconds when Massimo Luongo poked home into the bottom corner inside the box to even scores at 1-1.

Another brilliant youngster Matt Smith rose highest to head Rangers in front, before Nigerian Ebere Eze produced a classy low finish from close range after being teed up by Smith to make it 3-1.

The youngster latched onto Smiths headed down ball from Scowen’s long ball and then held off Ivo Pinto before slotting past Gunn in goal for Norwich
The Rampant Rangers didn’t stop there, however, as Ryan Manning got in on the act with a glancing header from Jake Bidwell’s pinpoint cross to kill off the game completely as a contest.

It’s the first time this season that QPR have scored 4 goals in a match.

Ebere has been in phenomenal form for QPR since returning back from a short loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers and has now scored 2 goals for the Rs
Calls continue to come in from fans of the Super Eagles for the youngster who trained with the Super Eagles in March 2017 to be included in the World Cup squad

http://www.soccerassembly.com/ebere-eze-target-4-1-demolition-norwich-city/
the flying eagle need his service if he hads not been cap at youth level

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

This was a player DT once had d highest goal chart in d English football league in d year 2015 ahead of harry Kane with 3goals totalling 30goals in a calendar year

Oga sontoly,u can't achieve DT feat if u don't av good striker instinct, positioning, etc as u claimed in ur post

Its eida our coaches here don't knw aw to get d best out of him or d S.E team itself is bad generally in open play as some monikers claimed DT he wasn't giving proper "servicing " from d midfield dept cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
enomakos:
the flying eagle need his service if he hads not been cap at youth level

He is too old for the flying eagles team.. Super eagles or a standing under 23 team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

Why would Yahaya never be considered a RB??

You seem to forget that Mikel was the second best player at an under 20 tournament and was capped by Nigeria soon after... So even as he was being converted to a defensive player, he was still playing an offensive role for Nigeria.

If Yahaya moves to a bigger club and continues playing as a RB. Nigeria will most likely call him as a right back... Ndidi was a CB before he was converted to a DM. Iheanacho was not a CF in the youth ranks. Musa Muhammed started out as a CB in the youth ranks, Chidiebere Nwakali was a right back at the CAF under 17 and at the start of the under 17 WC.

Yahaya right now is a right back.. That is the role, he has played for a couple of years now.

Youth players are converted all the time..

You said if yahaya goes to a big club and continue playing as a RB then he will be called to play as a RB, don't that contradict Mikel case, chelsea is a big team and played Mikel every week as a DM but that didn't stop us from playing him in the AM position, even now Mikel still dont play in the AM position for his Chinese team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

Ronaldo is not a strike but scores more than any strikers in the world, maybe naija we dont necessary need a striker lets make use of what we have, find one goal scoring winger and we are good to go, onyekuru comes in mind.

Ronaldo plays the striking role now for Madrid and Portugal now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
andrew444:

But they won't call him

Dry sarcasm.

My statement was to correct a notion, nothing else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
elyte89:

This was a player DT once had d highest goal chart in d English football league in d year 2015 ahead of harry Kane with 3goals totalling 30goals in a calendar year

Oga sontoly,u can't achieve DT feat if u don't av good striker instinct, positioning, etc as u claimed in ur post

Its eida our coaches here don't knw aw to get d best out of him or d S.E team itself is bad generally in open play as some monikers claimed DT he wasn't giving proper "servicing " from d midfield dept cool

Ok that statement was very harsh, I apologize.

what am saying is that on GWG all his qualities disappear, am thinking if its psychological now cos he plays well in his club but Naija.

I dont know what excuse to give to him again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
sontoly:

The stat was pulled from espn and wikipedia, his second goal was a friendly against cameroon on 11 Oct 2015, i guess thats where he scored the second penalty.
hope you know he was once the skipper of our U20 team.
If u can be able to pull his assist for the eagles my be I will have a rethink about his contribution to d eagles, cos right now he is not adding anything.

Well go and tell ESPN and Wiki that Basco said they are quacks. I watched all these matches boss. Cameroon first came in a friendly, he nodded in a delicious cross from Echiejile(go figure). Luxemburg was a Nacho assist that could have been a tap in but he proceeded to dribble the keeper and fire in. The last one was against Cameroon in the massacre in Uyo.

Assists
His first was against Chad to Salami and that saved us from an embarrassing draw in Kaduna. Next was against Cameroon in our away leg to Simon Moses and we all know how important that was.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
Martz101:

You said if yahaya goes to a big club and continue playing as a RB then he will be called to play as a RB, don't that contradict Mikel case, chelsea is a big team and played Mikel every week as a DM but that didn't stop us from playing him in the AM position, even now Mikel still dont play in the AM position for his Chinese team.

But Mikel was already in the super eagles very early in his chelsea career.. That is the difference.. He did not join 2 years after playing as a DM.

Yahaya has been playing as a right back for 2 years now.. If he joined the super eagles when he was an attacking talent then it easy for him to continue in that role.. Right now, Yahaya is a right back..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
Martz101:

Ronaldo plays the striking role now for Madrid and Portugal now

may be for portugal but not madrid, that striking position is too restricted for ronaldo to play, he love to play anywhere in the front, calling him the striker doesnt look ideal cos benzema has that postion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Well go and tell ESPN and Wiki that Basco said they are quacks. I watched all these matches boss. Cameroon first came in a friendly, he nodded in a delicious cross from Echiejile(go figure). Luxemburg was a Nacho assist that could have been a tap in but he proceeded to dribble the keeper and fire in. The last one was against Cameroon in the massacre in Uyo.

Assists
His first was against Chad to Salami and that saved us from an embarrassing draw in Kaduna. Next was against Cameroon in our away leg to Simon Moses and we all know how important that was.
He once scored a penalty against Chad in kaduna.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
Humility017:

He once scored a penalty against Chad in kaduna.....

I already said that. I was recounting his open play goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
somehow:

Dry sarcasm.

My statement was to correct a notion, nothing else.

Okay sir

I am trying to tell you they won't call Ike uche ,but your shallow mindset make you think it's sarcasm.

Dry brain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Assists

So four goals and two assist, SMH, we really need a striker, may be not to displace Ighalo but to deputise and also make him sit up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
Humility017:

you guys are all trying to defend poor performance...

I never knew that the super eagles was that poor...that the midfield merely creates one chance for the striker to score goals...

please you should tell me something else.

which chance was created to him in Poland and Serbia match

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) ... (16541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), dadrenaline(m), Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.