Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,769 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12002348 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) (3716) (3717) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Nigeria Italy USA 94.

Amokachi and Amuneke taken out,

Is like wrestling with someone , and accidentally his hand enters your mouth .... just dont do other thing ... begin chew the finger wey enter your mouth , with little effort you will win the fight grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On May 26, 2018
komekn:

You are taking comments out of context.

Train in the context of present continous not in the past.

Omeruo trained with Chelsea would you then say that he trains with the Chelsea team. This is very normal train pre season with your parent team doesn't mean you are in the team or train with them on loan.

Even youth players on trial not so signed train with the first team.

What exactly is your point to mislead and misrepresent to portray a view that's not true.

Day you know how many thousands of players are a work in progress. When the work is finished let him show his quality. He is not too young to show that quality consistently and continously in the league he is in.

When you play well you get noticed.

Do you know how many clubs are clamouring for loan moves for Bobby Adekanya, Ademola, Tega Abrahams and Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, because they have performed

Honestly, I really rate these players especially Onomah. He is a very good player.

I followed Bobby from his days at PSV before he moved to Barcelona. He even begged to play for Nigeria but he was subbed many times.

There a a video of his skills at 10 or 14, I can't remember. He dribbles like Messi. grin

I knew when Barcelona was banned from buying players because of him, and that made him to move to Liverpool.

I don't know much about him because I no dey scout players again but I think he must have progressed alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:37pm On May 26, 2018
LieDetector:
BBC reporting that Salah dislocated his shoulder hence will miss the world cup cry

I feel sad for Salah
Do they have village people in Egypt? because I see they've upgraded their skills
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:42pm On May 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
Do they have village people in Egypt? because I see they've upgraded their skills
even village people in Egypt can never work against Salah. I am sure they must be working overtime to ensure Salah is healed in time.

Salah is like a god in Egypt and the Arab world as a whole. Dem go use their remaining fasting days to pray for Salah.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:42pm On May 26, 2018
I kid you not, All mummified Pharaohs of old will be having a great meeting today discussing how Ramos destiny must & will be fingered

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2018
safarigirl:
even village people in Egypt can never work against Salah. I am sure they must be working overtime to ensure Salah is healed in time.

Salah is like a god in Egypt and the Arab world as a whole. Dem go use their remaining fasting days to pray for Salah.

I am expecting to see some Arabia juju healing that lad. I can't afford to watch a WC without him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:
Sir between Simy and Joel cos Rohr is going to WC with 8 defenders but if i have my way i will pick Joel Obi.

I'm okay with Ighalo, Iheanacho and possibly Musa as CF and we should know that the new SE doesn't depends on arrow head CF to score,our qualifiers and friendlies is a testimony that we don't depend on CF.

You people are playing with fire.

How can we take only one striker to the world Cup?

It is better Simy makes the list.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:54pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Rohr said that Simy and Lokosa will get their first cap against DRC.

If it's true, I think they are not in his plan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:55pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:
Three players with injury issues,

Ekong, Simon Moses and Ndidi.

Na wa ooooooo.

Hope it's not serious?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:57pm On May 26, 2018
AIG07:
It's part of the game bro.
It's not part of the game. No make me vex abeg. Which kain talk be this?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2018
safarigirl:

Arabs are just like the Fulanis. They don't forgive.

Should Mohammed Salah miss this WC Sergio Ramos and Spain as a whole should better watch it. Football is more than a game in Egypt.

Salah is like a God to the Egyptians. They have toiled for 28 years without going to the WC. Mohammed Salah helped them qualify. But one wicket Sergio Ramos dislocated his shoulder blade. And if Salah misses the WC..... truly it can soil diplomatic relationship between Egypt And Spain. I won't be surprised to wake up tomorrow morning to hear that the Spanish embassy in Cairo has been burnt down.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
AIG07:
It's part of the game bro.

No. It is not part of the game. It is dirty and should be condemned by all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
LieDetector:
BBC reporting that Salah dislocated his shoulder hence will miss the world cup cry

I feel sad for Salah
And then I'm being told it's part of the game. Dislocating someone's hand. Matuidi taking out Onazi is part of the game. It would be part of the game when somebody gets killed too abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
solonnachi:
LESSONS TO NIGERIA FROM THE UCL FINAL 2018
1. Super Eagles should play safe during these friendlies and trainings. No injury please
2. Rohr should check our goal keeping department again and again against immature and school boys mistakes
3. Watch that boy Luka Modric from Croatia. He is a threat.
4. Watch out for game changers like Gareth Bale.
GOD HELP NIGERIA
For me I would say a quality bench.

Who and who are our back-ups?

Especially back-ups for the CBs because we tend to struggle there without Balogun.

The central defence of the Super Eagles requires attention.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

No. It is not part of the game. It is dirty and should be condemned by all.
My brother help me hear such disheartening talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00pm On May 26, 2018
How Super Eagles Team A & B Lined Up Training, Iheanacho Hat-Trick, Joel Obi Stars, Ighalo Strikes
Published: May 26, 2018

[See Formation Attached]
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr split the squad into two teams after the usual physical exercises in Saturday morning's workout at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Team A who wore blue bibs on top of their green training jerseys contained : goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ola Aina, Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem in central defense, Brian Idowu left-back, Mikel Obi, Mikel Agu, Uche Agbo and John Ogu in midfield, and Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi in attack.

Team B with just the green training jersey had goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, Tyronne Ebuehi, central defenders Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun, left-back Elderson Echiejile, Joel Obi, Oghenekaro Etebo and Eddy Onazi in midfield, while Simy, Iheanacho and Junior Lokosa occupied the offensive positions.

Stephen Eze, Ahmed Musa, Abdullahi Shehu, Dele Ajiboye and Daniel Akpeyi were among the substitutes.

Team B won the practice game 3-1, with Iheanacho netting a hat-trick for his side and Ighalo scoring the only goal for Team A.

Though the Leicester City striker scored all the goals, it was Torino's Obi that stood out for Team B with his passes from deep midfield but he also closed down the opponents and sometimes won the ball back.

Stephen Eze replaced Omeruo, who himself subbed in for Ekong in the other team, Ahmed Musa replaced Iwobi, Agu was substituted for Shehu, while goalkeepers Ajiboye and Akpeyi replaced Uzoho and Ezenwa respectively after the water break.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Arabs are just like the Fulanis. They don't forgive.

Should Mohammed Salah miss this WC Sergio Ramos and Spain as a whole should better watch it. Football is more than a game in Egypt.

Salah is like a God to the Egyptians. They have toiled for 28 years without going to the WC. Mohammed Salah helped them qualify. But one wicket Sergio Ramos dislocated his shoulder blade. And if Salah misses the WC..... truly it can soil diplomatic relationship between Egypt And Spain. I won't be surprised to wake up tomorrow morning to hear that the Spanish embassy in Cairo has been burnt down.

My Nigerian friend in Egypt tonight said before the game he cannot support Madrid in the open!

Egyptians no dey joke with football. People that put Salah's name on presidential election ballot themselves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:03pm On May 26, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Lol see as u talk am. Na u be coach?

Rohr na my uncle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2018
bengine:
After this display by karius in the ucl final, I must confess now I'm getting scared of our gk dept..it seems sir icon4s has succeeded in putting fear in me when it comes to experience of our gk..

If Karius was Nigerian before this final, many will clamor we should play him based on his experience in the Champions League and EPL, being Liverpool's number one.

As I said, experience is not a guarantee for good performance. It takes bravery, determination and talent.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:05pm On May 26, 2018
Oasis007:

Check Iwobi Records as a Winger, then compare it to his Records as an AM, No. 10 precisely, hopefully you gonna understand my Point of view better Sir.

World Cup ain't a physical Battle like Africa WCQ Matches, it's more of a tactical Battle Sir. While Africa WCQ Matches are like a Game of Ludo - running to strikeout Opponent(s) or into a comfort Zone, World Cup Proper is like a Chess Game - you gonna have to be calculating with your Movements - Tactics.

What killed us at 2014 WC Sir, first we lost a very fit, dazzling AM in Babtunde, secondly our Engine Room collapsed the moment Onazi was injured - that's the Case of putting our finest Eggs in the same Basket.

I repeat again, do we have any creative Midfieder in the Team aside from Mikel and Iwobi?! Secondly you wanna keep playing Mikel for 90mins+ in all the Matches? At what Age Sir...... or you think Mikel is getting younger not vice versa?!

God forbids, if we lose Mikel to Fatigue and Iwobi to Injury in a Match, what's gonna happen?! Guess you ain't thinking of makeshift Subs cos its Creativity we are talking about here Sir.

Etebo is simply workaholic not creative, Joel is superb as a deep-lying Playmaker not as a creative Midfielder. Then tell me who else we gonna play in the Hole? Mind you Iheanacho is more a supporting Striker - a Forward precisely not at all an AM.

having 2 players in each position is key, i don't know what else you want
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:06pm On May 26, 2018
Mikel Agu probably played at the right side of midfield for team A, because he was replaced by Shehu. While Agbo played at the left side of midfield. In another report, it was said that Ogu played a modern day DM, so mostly likely he played deep, whereas Mikel Obi played in an advanced position.

I'm not sure if Iheanacho actually played as a wing forward. But Lokosa most likely played from the left side.

Joebie:
How Super Eagles Team A & B Lined Up Training, Iheanacho Hat-Trick, Joel Obi Stars, Ighalo Strikes

[See Formation Attached]
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr split the squad into two teams after the usual physical exercises in Saturday morning's workout at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Team A who wore blue bibs on top of their green training jerseys contained : goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ola Aina, Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem in central defense, Brian Idowu left-back, Mikel Obi, Mikel Agu, Uche Agbo and John Ogu in midfield, and Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi in attack.

Team B with just the green training jersey had goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, Tyronne Ebuehi, central defenders Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun, left-back Elderson Echiejile, Joel Obi, Oghenekaro Etebo and Eddy Onazi in midfield, while Simy, Iheanacho and Junior Lokosa occupied the offensive positions.

Stephen Eze, Ahmed Musa, Abdullahi Shehu, Dele Ajiboye and Daniel Akpeyi were among the substitutes.

Team B won the practice game 3-1, with Iheanacho netting a hat-trick for his side and Ighalo scoring the only goal for Team A.

Though the Leicester City striker scored all the goals, it was Torino's Obi that stood out for Team B with his passes from deep midfield but he also closed down the opponents and sometimes won the ball back.

Stephen Eze replaced Omeruo, who himself subbed in for Ekong in the other team, Ahmed Musa replaced Iwobi, Agu was substituted for Shehu, while goalkeepers Ajiboye and Akpeyi replaced Uzoho and Ezenwa respectively after the water break.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:07pm On May 26, 2018
Joebie:

[See Formation Attached]

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

My boy Nacho Nwam ain't smiling.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
Jarus:

My Nigerian friend in Egypt tonight said before the game he cannot support Madrid in the open!

Egyptians no dey joke with football. People that put Salah's name on presidential election ballot themselves.

The passion with which the Arab world as a whole follow football is unimaginable.

They see it as war.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:
Mikel got him the deal and he even confirmed it after good performance in Greece league not westbrom.

Mikel got him the deal, how funny...please show us link of that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
How person name go be Karius and una expect say him go sabi keep? No be only Karius na Clarus plus Gringory
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On May 26, 2018
forgiveness:

Na wa ooooooo.

Hope it's not serious?

Ekong is fine

Simon Moses will have a scan

Awaziem is not serious

Ndidi is recuperating
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:11pm On May 26, 2018
Joebie:

[See Formation Attached]

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS
I thought it was reported here by Sir Kog45 that feelers from camp indicate that Joel Obi should raise is his game as his performance was below expectation now comes ANS saying Obi was the star for team B.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
Icon4s:

I always shake my head when I see comments like "Iwobi should come in for Mikel in the second half" as if they have predetermined how the game will go.

the thing tire me bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
Joebie:
Mikel Agu probably played at the right side of midfield for team A, because he was replaced by Shehu. While Agbo played at the left side of midfield. In another report, it was said that Ogu played a modern day DM, so mostly likely he played deep, whereas Mikel Obi played in an advanced position.

I'm not sure if Iheanacho actually played as a wing forward. But Lokosa most likely played from the left side.

From what i saw, Kelechi was on the left, Lokosa on the right, Simy in the middle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2018
On a side note. Salisu and co. should have invited Alampasu for the Atletico Madrid match. I wonder why he was not there. One of the importance of the team B is to help our special talents gain exposure. This was a good chance for Alampasu to show himself.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:14pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Moses was injured in the Argentina tie. Initially it skipped my mind that he was in the squad for the friendlies but he was just coming from a a two months injury and before the friendlies played just one match for his club coming in the 70 min. Don't you think that tilted the odds in iwobi's favour? That's why I say it's arguable. It can be argued Bro unlike Moses case. You can decide which side to stand but it can be argued. On the contrary can it be argued that Vicmo is a starter? No!

it might be your view though, some players has more strong hold on the team more than others. v.moses is more of a sure starter than iwobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:15pm On May 26, 2018
Iheanacho
Mikel
Iwobi
Ighalo
Balogun
Ekong

Should be rested for DRC. You can add more names. No stories oh..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) (3716) (3717) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.