Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12024747 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3877) (3878) (3879) (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) ... (16407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55am On Jun 03, 2018
EEGA:
At least Rohr confirmed he(Simy) offers something different.

Different is not the same as most effective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:56am On Jun 03, 2018
Humility017:

you really enjoying the mockery...
hope you confirm...the earlier perception of you on this thread....that you're not here to promote the eagles but to sell down some players pass our throat.

You talking utter arrant deranged Balderdash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57am On Jun 03, 2018
We need to stop the negative/conservative game and also learn from the three at the back defensive set-up. A defensive midfielder should be part of the defensive set-up, helping shield the defence and cover gaps created. If Onazi is not ready to sit, no need playing him there and leaving the team exposed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:04am On Jun 03, 2018
komekn:

Ebuehi has for me put Shehu into retirement NUFF said.

Joel Obi and Onazi have lost thier with Onazi carrying way too much weight.

Ogu did not stabilise the midfield, we were playing 3-5-2. He was left sided CB his lack of pace and recovery opened the door for Welbeck you almost have an open road to score goal if not for Ekong.

Etebo brought much needed invention, stability,mobility, attack and much needed defensive backtracking.

Musa gave Walker a lesson in sprinting.

With the work they did as a collective Mikel was unleashed with licence to roam. Iwobi is fast growing up and running � tings.

When will Aina get a game at RB or LB we really have not tested him properly.

Idowu has given Echiejile is pension, nuttin more to say.

Finally, football brought the Naija community out in full force LONDON shake no be small.

Met old classmates I hadn't seen for years and some Naija celebrity musicians.

GR8 Day in the end after causing cardiac arrest to the nation the revived themselves in the second half.

Had a number of friends at the stadium too. Ndidi and Etebo might be the best bet in the midfield. Your worries about the midfield were spot on but it got better.

I was encouraged that the team can actually do something with the right approach from the start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:05am On Jun 03, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Ighalo has not performed way way better than Nacho as a lone striker. Algerian coach said it that Nacho was the reason we won. You are only looking at chances and goal, forgetting the game has gone way beyond that.

Ighalo can not and will never offer the kind of movement Nacho gave us against Algeria. If jam body and fight is what you tag performing way way better, Gabriel Jesus would never wear nine for Brazil.

So after all the movement against Algeria how many times did our midfielders feed him? None. he was anonymous. If jam body will give you goals against Cameroon then come and continue doing it, I mean what does Drogba do?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:10am On Jun 03, 2018
Oasis007:
The first Half was completely off it. It's a Half to forget as quickly as possible cos its an Eyesore from the blast of the Whistle to the last Minute.

Rohr did a good Job in the 2nd Half of the Match. He twisted the Formation to 3 - 5 - 2 - played Omeruo as RCB; Ekong as CB; Ogu as LCB and it worked well defensively.

On the Flanks, Ebuehi proved himself once again that he's the best we've got as either a RB or a RWB. Idowu wasn't fantastic, hence I wouldn't mind seeing Aina play as a LWB or LB against Czech Republic.

In the Middle, I commended Rohr for doing the Needful and it was spot on. Etebo was very influential as a DM, Iwobi was outstanding until the last 15mins of the Match same as Mikel.

Upfront..... Moses is kinda too selfish for liking. I wish to see a better Moses in the next Game. Ighalo was average to be candid, thus I wish Rohr plays Iheanacho in the next Match.

Lest I forget, Uzoho has earned it, he should be the No. 1 Keeper for the Eagles at the Mundial.

#SoarEagles.
#NaijaAllTheWay.
How was the midfield? judge the middle before the forward na

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

So after all the movement against Algeria how many times did our midfielders feed him? None. he was anonymous. If jam body will give you goals against Cameroon then come and continue doing it, I mean what does Drogba do?

I have already addressed it and the point is so simple. The Algerians decided to cage Iheanacho, with that passing to him will be Limited. Iheanacho's movement also kept them distracted which created room for us to cause damage. It is so simple. That is why I said you are burying your head in a sand of lies to hide yourself from the truth.

Also with iheanancho's pressing, he took away the building strength of the Algerians. Jam body is out of vogue. How many top European teams rely on that. That is why I started with Mertens for you to know Jam body is not the only way to go.

Gerrit?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:12am On Jun 03, 2018
Afam4eva:

Abeg make we hear word. Even though i don't follow the super eagles as much as i used to. I remember when people used to hype Jel obi after every super eagles match about how good he is. All of sudden, just because he had a bad game, you think he's overated.
In which mach has he had a good game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 1:30am On Jun 03, 2018
komekn:

Ebuehi has for me put Shehu into retirement NUFF said.

Joel Obi and Onazi have lost thier with Onazi carrying way too much weight.

Ogu did not stabilise the midfield, we were playing 3-5-2. He was left sided CB his lack of pace and recovery opened the door for Welbeck you almost have an open road to score goal if not for Ekong.

Etebo brought much needed invention, stability,mobility, attack and much needed defensive backtracking.

Musa gave Walker a lesson in sprinting.

With the work they did as a collective Mikel was unleashed with licence to roam. Iwobi is fast growing up and running � tings.

When will Aina get a game at RB or LB we really have not tested him properly.

Idowu has given Echiejile is pension, nuttin more to say.

Finally, football brought the Naija community out in full force LONDON shake no be small.

Met old classmates I hadn't seen for years and some Naija celebrity musicians.

GR8 Day in the end after causing cardiac arrest to the nation the revived themselves in the second half.

After watching this game, my English boss sent me an email that the department didn't need to worry about either me or him taking leave to go watch WC final in Russia because both teams were awful tonight and neither of them can get to WC final.

I just sent him an LOL response.

I didn't bother to reply him that our concern in Nigeria was how to survive the group stage and no expectation of final. I also didn't bother to ask whether he was truly expecting England to get to WC final, even before this game.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:32am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

Like you seriously want to believe that Nacho should be the lone man forward? When has he ever had a good game in that position?

Aston Villa: (4-3-2-1) Guzan; Bacuna, Richards, Clark, Cissokho; Veretout, Gana, Westwood (Okore, h-t); Gil (Grealish, 80), Ayew; Sinclair (Agbonlahor, 66).

Manchester City: (4-5-1) Caballero; Zabaleta, Sagna (Tasende, 80), Otamendi (Humphreys, 88), Clichy; Navas, Delph, Fernando, Fernandinho (Celina, 78), Sterling; Iheanacho.

Referee: Michael Jones.

Man of the match: Iheanacho (Manchester City)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/aston-villa-vs-manchester-city-match-report-kelechi-iheanacho-hits-hat-trick-as-to-keep-quadruple-a6843796.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CLT123(m): 2:00am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

Like you seriously want to believe that Nacho should be the lone man forward? When has he ever had a good game in that position?
Iheanacho scored 2 goals in a match as a lone striker for Leicester.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:41am On Jun 03, 2018
comodo:

Ball was quick, Ekong was in front of him. So he saw that ball very late. Dude that would have beaten any GK. There was no school boy error. He has a good command of his area. I no sabi why people are always watching his errors self. Cut this guy some slack joo.

Simply, the GK is too tall, same thing happened to Courtious against Barcelona, the taller the keeper, the longer it takes to get down, but with experience he will hone this ability.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Mujtahida:

Let's not be carried away with Ogu as a LB. He should play as LMF. there we can maximise his strength and minimise the damage teams will likely inflict if he plays as a LB.

Sorry I got this Mention late but worth replying. Ogu didn't play as a LB, rather as a LCB in a 3-Man Defence. It's Idowu that played the LB on the first Half and later played as LWB in the 2nd Half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:14am On Jun 03, 2018
Is Shehu Muslim??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2018
Oasis007:

Sorry I got this Mention late but worth replying. Ogu didn't play as a LB, rather as a LCB in a 3-Man Defence. It's Idowu that played the LB on the first Half and later played as LWB in the 2nd Half.

That 3 CB thing was probably at the later stages of the game. Ogu initially came in as a DM.

I also noticed he later went to LCB.

Good tactical switch from Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 5:45am On Jun 03, 2018
All you shouting for Ighalo..
If that ball nor hit bar.....enter post and the goal was his...una for dey praise am....see the tight angle he took the shot....
Come on na

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 5:47am On Jun 03, 2018
edi287:

Get a dictionary and look up the word "Sarcasm"
well your attempt at being sarcastic was lame. Maybe you should learn mastering the art.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:48am On Jun 03, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
We need to stop the negative/conservative game and also learn from the three at the back defensive set-up. A defensive midfielder should be part of the defensive set-up, helping shield the defence and cover gaps created. If Onazi is not ready to sit, no need playing him there and leaving the team exposed.

We have said it here before that we would need a DM that would easily join the defense line. And that was what Ogu did today.

For us to progress from that group we will really need to compact our midfield and defense.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:52am On Jun 03, 2018
LieDetector:
well your attempt at being sarcastic was lame. Maybe you should learn mastering the art.
Well if two people were smart enough to decipher it, I don't honestly care what you think seeing it was not your post I replied to with it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 5:57am On Jun 03, 2018
Can anyone remember d last good game onazi had in the team.... I feel like he is still chosen based on past glory

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2018
Someone said Onazi should be in the farm grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:59am On Jun 03, 2018
edi287:
Is Shehu Muslim??

Nope,Hindu grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:08am On Jun 03, 2018
I suggested if Ogu could play LB. But I was almost eaten raw by some people. Yesterday Ogu played LCB almost related to LB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:15am On Jun 03, 2018
edi287:
Is Shehu Muslim??

Yes, why?

His performance has nothing to do with fasting. He was caught out against Poland several times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:15am On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:
I suggested if Ogu could play LB. But I was almost eaten raw by some people. Yesterday Ogu played LCB almost related to LB

LCB is different from LB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Lucque:
Can anyone remember d last good game onazi had in the team.... I feel like he is still chosen based on past glory

Cameroon Away..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:17am On Jun 03, 2018
Ighalo and his barren spell for Nigeria continues...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:18am On Jun 03, 2018
Onazi was really poor...I think the time has come for us to realize that he is not a starter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 6:23am On Jun 03, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ighalo and his barren spell for Nigeria continues...

He virtually got the goal...
With no balla from midfield...what could he do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:27am On Jun 03, 2018
chilex9:

He virtually got the goal...
With no balla from midfield...what could he do

He did not get the goal. I am not convinced by his movement.

He was caught offside so many times even from routine passes in the first half. Even though Iheanacho is not best as a CF, I trust him more to get a goal than Ighalo. I hope we get to see Simy against Czech.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

He did not get the goal. I am not convinced by his movement.

He was caught offside so many times even from routine passes in the first half. Even though Iheanacho is not best as a CF, I trust him more to get a goal than Ighalo. I hope we get to see Simy against Czech.

Baba ball was a rebound .......
It hit the bar na
Give my brother some credit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:32am On Jun 03, 2018
chilex9:

Baba ball was a rebound .......
It hit the bar na
Give my brother some credit

I saw the goal but he still has a barren run.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3877) (3878) (3879) (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) ... (16407) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Ginistev and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.