Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12132098 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4348) (4349) (4350) (4351) (4352) (4353) (4354) ... (16452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
would rather be the worst winner than the best loser”

A Loser is an ugly orphan, there is nothing good about losing let alone “best”
Don’t be fooled.

I have not come to terms that coach Rohr reduced himself to a bagger. That admission, for all intents and purposes, will earn you an automatic sack, in any western world.

Again did you guys notice that, some of the old players are using Rohr’s exact phrase, this our “young team” will improve.

The real young ones like Ebuehi and Iwobi are mad and angry about their exit.

I will rather fight in an army of sheep commanded by a lion, than in an army of lions commanded by a sheep.

Courage, self belief and ambition is as contagious as infriority complex,low self estim and lack of ambition.

ROHR simply poured cold water on the ambition and self confidence if this team.

And the crap about team unity is absolute nonsense. The unity that sacrifices self expression? The unity that allows Moses waste our set pieces, choose the position to play without anybody objecting?

The unity that allows IGHALO play all games at the expense of better players?

The unity that allows Mikel dictate where and how long he plays?

That was actually MAFIASO, a Mafia and not unity.

-Complete sports fan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
edi287:
Please let no one ever compare Iheanacho to Mbappe again. Let it end today.
Thank you.

cc:TheGoodJoe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joebie:
Uruguay VS Portugal

What are your predictions?

I predict another one-goal margin win.

Uruguay 3-2 Portugal. I see it going into extra time.

I hate both Uruguay and Portugal but I will support Portugal because they have black players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

To he honest, Gernot Rohr is kinda not a better Tactician than Samson Siasia. We are rating him higher because of his Skin Color - cos he has given his all at the Mundial.

Left for me he's a Goner already. But I hope he's retained cos he's building a good Project for the Future of our National Team(s).

He's helping us to fish out the hidden Talents across the World, especially the FB, coz it would be kind hard for the Indigenous Coaches to win them over!

However, if at all Rohr is gonna stay as the Super Eagle Coach, then I hope a tactical Magician is employed to support him instead of Salisu Yusuf.

Let me ask you something why do you think Rohr got the job ❓ He has been in Africa for 10 years understands the way things are done and arrangements are made.

Why do you think players who should be invited were not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joebie:
Oga cool down. It’s an open forum where everyone expresses their views.

Uv bn noticed. Oya run along grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Meanwhile I just want Portugal to beat and flog Uruguay.

After that cheat and liars handball in.South Africa.

But on paper Uruguay have the advantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Easy man. No names calling please.
Lol alright, MetalJigsaw I am sorry.
But Lille is in ligue 1 not 2 sha oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Chei see goal.

Cavani to Suarez and Suarez to Cavani it's a goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olibboy: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
*******-********★★★
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
Thank you.

cc:TheGoodJoe

Not over yet. I keep pointing out that Forlan was a total flop in Manchester United and many wrote him off. In Villareal under Pellegrini, he was the best striker in the whole of Europe, if not the World.

When Nacho had a healthy run under Pellegrini at City, he pulled stats that were up there with the best in the World. I will judge Nacho after a healthy run under the right system that suits him.

Apart from that, Mbappe's physical attributes are insane. Props to the young man.

cc: edi287
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
Fair enough

OMANBALA1:

I hate both Uruguay and Portugal but I will support Portugal because they have black players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Not over yet. I keep pointing out that Forlan was a total flop in Manchester United and many wrote him off. In Villareal under Pellegrini, he was the best striker in the whole of Europe, if not the World.

When Nacho had a healthy run under Pellegrini at City, he pulled stats that were up there with the best in the World. I will judge Nacho after a healthy run under the right system that suits him.

Apart from that, Mbappe's physical attributes are insane. Props to the young man.

cc: edi287

Is that how he will be jumping from club to club looking for a system that suits him? ,Must the system always be the one to just adjust to his style? Can't he also adjust to a system. Play-play play-play he go clock 30 you go still dey look for a system that suit him, before you can judge him. That boy was overhyped that is the plain bitter truth.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Osimhen should push for a loan move

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Since people have turned every competition/tourney into Messi and Ronaldo BS, I will be glad if both players are knocked out so that we enjoy our normal country versus country world cup fun. Messi is gone, CR7 should follow ASAP.

For that, I support Uruguay today!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joebie:
Osimhen should push for a loan move
Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nice one..
ChrisKels:
Since people have turned every competition/tourney into Messi and Ronaldo BS, I will be glad if both players are knocked out so that we enjoy our normal country versus country world cup fun. Messi is gone, CR7 should follow ASAP.

For that, I support Uruguay today!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
The frequent change of coaches in Wolfsburg has not helped his case. He is not cutting it there. He needs a fresh challenge.
Icon4s:

Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Is that how he will be jumping from club to club looking for a system that suits him? ,Must the system always be the one to just adjust to his style? Can't he also adjust to a system. Play-play play-play he go clock 30 you go still dey look for a system that suit him, before you can judge him. That boy was overhyped that is the plain bitter truth.

“He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me.

“We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man on man. That was the only way I could succeed in England.

“If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

“But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys... Luiz Suarez on Brendan Rodgers.

A big reason why some players who look good flop at another club has a lot to do with the system. A player can adjust but it is hard to replicate the form in his best system. That is why players must put in a lot of work before making transfers.

Nacho can work hard to adjust but it is best he plays in a system that naturally suits his skillset.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
Too early to say but in terms of drama, best World Cup ever.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol alright, MetalJigsaw I am sorry.
But Lille is in ligue 1 not 2 sha oo
Lille relegated last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

The Key word is "off season" every other thing u are attaching to it is a fabrication. Using ur offseason for something meaningful because of where u coming from doesn't make u a part time professional bro.

U got it all wrong is this one
OK let me rephrase, he is a footballer/factory worker.
Hope I got it right this time?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Just like fact of you rating Morocco as Africa's best is totally baseless and pointless.

I actually rate them second best behind Senegal because they played progressive football which neutrals like me find remarkable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

You would have tagged me with something unpleasant if I was responsible for this statement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
edi287:
Please let no one ever compare Iheanacho to Mbappe again. Let it end today.
I gave up on this thread the day they made a fist of this argument.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
edi287:

You are clearly a clown. If I ask you to point to where I said I was always a CR7 fan, your dumb ass head will struggle to point it out.
Typical moronic Nairalander jumping head on into a discussion they have no idea about.
Anumpam

Your Ronaldo is out and your enemy Messi

But I hope you won't kill your self tonight

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin grin I'm so happy right now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Typical of him. He will always make a case for any team against the Super Eagles.

I'm surprised at that attitude, even said we can't beat Iran, but we can beat Iceland cos they are a poor team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Icon4s:

My brother, some people just have that habit of over hyping average players. Nacho is just another over hyped footballer that's that's it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Goodbye Messi and Ronaldo. Very impressed with the standard of this WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
goldfish80:

After watching Iran against Spain and Portugal, you still think they are a poor side? Iran have proved to be one the most difficult and hard to beat teams in world cups in recent times. Nigeria wouldn't have beaten Iran, I can bet my house on that.
oh, now I understand, no need to drag it infact Panama go beat Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

“He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me.

“We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man on man. That was the only way I could succeed in England.

“If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

“But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys... Luiz Suarez on Brendan Rodgers.

A big reason why some players who look good flop at another club has a lot to do with the system. A player can adjust but it is hard to replicate the form in his best system. That is why players must put in a lot of work before making transfers.

Nacho can work hard to adjust but it is best he plays in a system that naturally suits his skillset.
Oga, that us not an excuse. Last time I checked, Nacho is a professional and no more an U17 player we used to know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
forgiveness:

Tomorrow, some people will claim he didn't contact us before he plays for Germany or becomes another Alaba. Paul Aigbogun should please invite him for the U20 first and Rohr should give him a call too.

Evidence: Bundesliga Teen Star Deji Begged Ex U17 Coach Amunike To Invite Him In 2015

October 28, 2017

Former coach of the Nigeria U17 team Emmanuel Amunike snubbed Eintracht Frankfurt enterprising German-Nigerian left full back Deji-Ousman Beyreuther from his U17 squad of 2015.

Owngoalnigeria.com has in it possession, the text of the letter written by the 18 year old who has broken into the first team of the Bundesliga side and made the bench in their 1-1 draw against Mainz 05 ‎pleading to be given a chance.

However his plea fell on deaf ears as the coach didn’t reply his message as he settled for other players who helped him win the U-17 World Cup in 2015.

Deji-Ousman is still keen on playing for Nigeria particularly as he is a left back, one area where Nigeria are currently shopping for more options as Elderson Echiejile is the only recognised left back available to coach Gernot Rohr.

See text of the letter written in 2015 in next paragraph.

Hello.
My name is Deji Ousman Beyreuther.
I was born in Göttingen and played for Sparta Göttingen. Then i moved to Hannover and played for Tsv pattensen.

DONT MISS ==> SIASIA LINES UP ROMA'S SADIQ FOR U-23 ACTION
My Trainer was Stefan Mertesacker, father of per mertesacker(german national player). Next i moved to Frankfurt because family reasons. Now i play for the Bundesligaclub Fsv Frankfurt. I was born on the 06.09.1999 and play for the u17 squad.

I think its the right time for the national team. My mother Heike Beyreuther is German and my father Lukman Oladimeji is Nigerian.

I would like to participate in the Nigerian national team and not the German because i love the Culture, the passion on the Field and my motivation is my uncle Mohammed Oladimeji Lawal who also played for the national team.

I am actually a defensive middlefielder but play left defender and feel more confident on this Position as i played there this season in which we successfully finished on the 1. place. I weigh 65 kilogram and I am 1,78 tall.

My strong foot is the left one but have almost the same qualities in pass and dribble and skill with the right. My role is as an offensive left defender who supports the offense with dangerous crosses and direct longshots.

DONT MISS ==> List Of Players Who Are Clubless Despite Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics
In my first season at Fsv Frankfurt i became captain because I give commandos and support my team to lead to success. I follow every match of the golden eaglets and think that my abilities will support this team.

I hope to hear from you soon,
kind regards,
Deji Ousman Beyreuther.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/28/evidence-bundesliga-teen-star-deji-begged-ex-u17-coach-amunike-to-invite-him-in-2015/

This is an untrue allegation. As the said letter was lifted from comments section of completesports column. Amuneke himself refuted it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4348) (4349) (4350) (4351) (4352) (4353) (4354) ... (16452) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), SamueItem337(m), Danielnino00(m), Odunayaw(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.