Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12132098 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4349) (4350) (4351) (4352) (4353) (4354) (4355) ... (16452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
goldfish80:

I gave up on this thread the day they made a fist of this argument.
I have given up on TheGoodJoe especially. He will see black and call it white. So now his excuse for Nacho is that he is not playing under pellegrini and in a system that suits him. Hmmmmm, we should just bring pellegrini to coach the super eagles then.

So Mbappe is playing under the coach that gave him is breakthrough at Monaco that why he's scoring... I give up on TheGoodJoe... I really do.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Oga, that us not an excuse. Last time I checked, Nacho is a professional and no more an U17 player we used to know.

Suarez that is talking there, is he an U17 player? He is telling you that system suits different players and you are talking U17.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

When Nacho had a healthy run under Pellegrini at City, he pulled stats that were up there with the best in the World. I will judge Nacho after a healthy run under the right system that suits him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joebie:
Osimhen should push for a loan move

U want him to go out now that he has the best chance to play for the first team? Some of the guys that reduced his opportunities (Origi et al) have left and u want him to leave too?

The best time for him to ask for a loan move was last season bro. If he cant force his way into wolfsbourg first team now, then he aint good enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
I have given up on TheGoodJoe especially. He will see black and call it white. So now his excuse for Nacho is that he is not playing under pellegrini and in a system that suits him. Hmmmmm, we should just bring pellegrini to coach the super eagles then.

So Mbappe is playing under the coach that gave him is breakthrough at Monaco that why he's scoring... I give up on TheGoodJoe... I really do.

Did I want you to ever stand by me?

Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus and was one of the best players in the history of the game playing in a different system at Arsenal. You do not need to give up or support anyone to get a simple logic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Lille relegated last season
Thats not true bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:

When you have a point to make to add to a debate let me know than throwing memes. Most that drop memes here add sound arguments to it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:

Martial was brilliant at Monaco, brilliant playing under Van Gaal's system but had a torrid time under Mourinho. It is not rocket science to know Systems affect players.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:

His new sales pitch is that Kelechi runs and tracks down defenders like no other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
jihday:
oh, now I understand, no need to drag it infact Panama go beat Nigeria
We couldn't beat them with a better team in 2014. Remember?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Did I want you to ever stand by me?

Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus and was one of the best players in the history of the game playing in a different system at Arsenal. You do not need to give up or support anyone to get a simple logic.
I cannot debate with you with your warped logic. I'm finding it very difficult. Seriously.

So you are basically saying because Pellegrini is not our coach or coach of Leicester and because Nacho is not playing under him thus cannot perform and subsequently should not be judged based on his poor performances so far.

I don't even know what to say to you right now. This is what komekn is saying, you use different attributes to judge some players and give excuses for your favorite.

You are basically saying Nacho cannot perform without Pellegrini is that it? Please make me understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Suarez that is talking there, is he an U17 player? He is telling you that system suits different players and you are talking U17.
what are you saying in essence?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
goldfish80:

His new sales pitch is that Kelechi runs and tracks down defenders like no other.

The funny thing is that you are not a stranger on this thread and I have not changed my stance on Nacho. How you decided to make it my new Sales pitch shows the length you will go to sell a lie. My pressing, defending and mobility have not changed.

The truth is that you have watched that first half again and seen I was saying the truth. Now you are trying to create a deceptive narrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

In essence, Suarez clearly pointed out that Brendan Rodgers system made him a success in the Premier League. It is clear as daylight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
Oasis007:

grin grin grin

The Way Iheanacho is hyped on this our darling Thread...... you would think he's the next Revelation in the World of Football. Hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo, lethal in the Box, perfect off Ball Movements and so on.

It's easier to figure out on the Pitch the real Talent - and that's exactly what Mbappe is. Even as it stands at the Moment, Iheanacho can not lace the Boots of Ahmed Musa. We should start comparing him with his Mates like - Junior Lokosa, Okputu, Junior Ajayi and Co.
True talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Everybody is now having a go at Achor just because he is passing through some difficult moments but that is not to say he is in same class as Mbappe oo.

I will place Achor same place as Januzaj, not Mbappe or Rashford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
I cannot debate with you with your warped logic. I'm finding it very difficult. Seriously.

So you are basically saying because Pellegrini is not our coach or coach of Leicester and because Nacho is not playing under him thus cannot perform and subsequently should not be judged based on his poor performances so far.

I don't even know what to say to you right now. This is what komekn is saying, you use different attributes to judge some players and give excuses for your favorite.

You are basically saying Nacho cannot perform without Pellegrini is that it? Please make me understand.

The fact is that you do not know what to say and resort to insults to make it look like if you have an idea what you are saying. Read your words, you clearly do not know what to say, so resort to saying my logic is warped.

Funny coming from someone who does not know what to say.

If you do not know what to say, do not brother interjecting.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
TheGoodJoe:

In essence, Suarez clearly pointed out that Brendan Rodgers system made him a success in the Premier League. It is clear as daylight.
MetalJigsaw:
so how is this related to Nacho.

Care to explain this system that so suits Nacho, and why we should hire Pellegrini or Nacho should move to Malaga? You are one funny somebody, I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChrisKels:
Everybody is now having a go at Achor just because he is passing through some difficult moments but that is not to say he is in same class as Mbappe oo.

I will place Achor same place as Januzaj, not Mbappe or Rashford

I will judge Nacho after a run in a favored system. I wonder why that is given some of them on these thread nightmares. Maybe I will be celebrated if I go out handling out disses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
Guys, whats up with Rohr, is he getting kicked out , fired or sacked? Which one ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
M7even:
In all sincerity France is not even playing anything against this Argentine, yet they are winning.

I thought we did well against Argentina, but watching France beat them with little effort now, and remembering how Iceland held them, I think it's a slap to our face. Eagles really screwed up

Its all in their head. The coach drummed inferiority into them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The funny thing is that you are not a stranger on this thread and I have not changed my stance on Nacho. How you decided to make it my new Sales pitch shows the length you will go to sell a lie. My pressing, defending and mobility have not changed.

The truth is that you have watched that first half again and seen I was saying the truth. Now you are trying to create a deceptive narrative.

After the South Africa game, you said he was moving and pressing but didn't get the ball. Against Argentina you said he chasing defenders well, you highlighted a flash point where he pursed a defender into the Nigerian half.
For me, that's a new one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The fact is that you do not know what to say and resort to insults to make it look like if you have an idea what you are saying. Read your words, you clearly do not know what to say, so resort to saying my logic is warped.

Funny coming from someone who does not know what to say.

If you do not know what to say, do not brother interjecting.

Gerrit?
seriously your lack of perception of reality is leaving me dumbfounded. How can you confidently keep a straight face when typing the rubbish you put out here.

You compared Nacho to Mbappe, we are simply calling you out for that, instead of you to analyse critically, you are making excuses of system.

Smmmhhh.... I'm wasting my time answering you. EOD

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
so how is this related to Nacho.

Care to explain this system that so suits Nacho, and why we should hire Pellegrini or Nacho should move to Malaga? You are one funny somebody, I swear.

Ask how instead of resorting to insults.

Nacho was flying high under Pellegrini's system and continued doing well when Guardiola gave him a run. However he hit a hitch with Guardiola preferring Gabby Jesus.

Nacho went to Leicester City and played in a very negative system. Had a rough patch. Then got a breather under Puel who is also a negative coach but not as negative as Shakespeare who was Leicester City former coach.

I will judge Nacho's quality when he gets a run under an offensive coach. I wonder why people are pained with such a simple statement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I will judge Nacho after a run in a favored system. I wonder why that is given some of them on these thread nightmares. Maybe I will be celebrated if I go out handling out disses.

TheGoodJoe,u sure say everything dey alright? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
seriously your lack of perception of reality is leaving me dumbfounded. How can you confidently keep a straight face when typing the rubbish you put out here.

You compared Nacho to Mbappe, we are simply calling you out for that, instead of you to analyse critically, you are making excuses of system.

Smmmhhh.... I'm wasting my time answering you. EOD

You can do what you like. No one is holding you.

Nacho was brilliant under Pellegrini. Hitting stats as good as some of the best players in the World. Unfortunately he hit a bad patch due to not playing in an offensive system. Keep in mind Rohr is also conservative to an extent.

I will judge Nacho when he plays in an offensive system and gets a fair run. You can feel as bad and resort to insults as much as you want, it does not change a simple fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Who does that

Can Nacho dribble?

Does he have pace?

Is he mobile?

Can he play as lone striker?

What about stamina?

After the Argentina game, the guy has ultimately proved to us the reason why his career isn't progressing; And he's been ridiculously over hyped; And why he's a constant bench warmer at a mid-table club in the EPL.

Nacho has got none of these attributes.

Mark my words, he'll soon go into football doldrums
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

I will place Achor same place as Hanuman, not Mbappe or Rashford
elyte89:

TheGoodJoe,u sure say everything dey alright? grin grin
Oga ChrisKels no one is attacking Nacho, na goodjoe wey nor wan gree say Nacho is poor. Saying system. He should agree that he was wrong to compare Nacho with Mbappe. Them nor be mates for ability abeg.

Same Argentina we played Nacho was piss poor, na same Argentina Mbappe take do Shaku Shaku.

Elyte89 help me ask am o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
He’s got decent opportunities in playing minutes to score at least. Maybe the system there won’t work for him.
ChrisKels:

U want him to go out now that he has the best chance to play for the first team? Some of the guys that reduced his opportunities (Origi et al) have left and u want him to leave too?

The best time for him to ask for a loan move was last season bro. If he cant force his way into wolfsbourg first team now, then he aint good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
goldfish80:

After the South Africa game, you said he was moving and pressing but didn't get the ball. Against Argentina you said he chasing defenders well, you highlighted a flash point where he pursed a defender into the Nigerian half.
For me, that's a new one.

Forgiveness pulled out stats of Musa contributing more defensively than Iheanacho in the match against Iceland. What do you think sparked that? It is me talking about the work Iheanacho did defensively. Now you are saying it is a new one I brought after Argentina game.
Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nacho will excel this season. Doesn’t make him better than Mbappe

semid4lyfe:

Nacho has got none of these attributes.

Mark my words, he'll soon go into football doldrums

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
eterisan:
Oga ChrisKels no one is attacking Nacho, na goodjoe wey nor wan gree say Nacho is poor. Saying system. He should agree that he was wrong to compare Nacho with Mbappe. Them nor be mates for ability abeg.

Same Argentina we played Nacho was piss poor, na same Argentina Mbappe take do Shaku Shaku.

Elyte89 help me ask am o

Still you have no point to make. Just memes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4349) (4350) (4351) (4352) (4353) (4354) (4355) ... (16452) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), SamueItem337(m), Danielnino00(m), Odunayaw(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.