Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,583 members, 7,878,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019115 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Now watch ur guy come here to say Rohr is German biased. He would be like, he doesn't like English talents, else he would have called the boy while he was still in England instead of waiting for the boy to move to Germany. That means he is German biased

Well, we don't know Rohr's mind but his body language suggest his heart is German.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
What’s your stance about calling players in the lower leagues, and does that also include the Championship (a lower league)?

forgiveness:

Where were you when I clamoured for him to be be called for the Olympics?

That was even when he was in the Belgium pro league before he was injured.

Besides, is there anywhere I said he should be called to the SE?

He is currently going to league 2 and you know my stance against calling players from lower league yet you want me to contradict myself.

I guess you are just being mischievious, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
forgiveness:

I personal know Onyedinma is good but I didn't see the comparison. Even if he said so I am indifferent to it because it's been long I kept track of FB players. So, I don't really know much.

I like Onyedinma too but he should break off that shell fast bkus the football world has been expecting his arrival
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please id Chidiebere Nwakali or Kelechi Nwakali that is joining NAC BREDA or both of them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

The main topic was on leagues that do not require work permit. how u straggled to the EPL still beats my imagination.

No none EU player goes to any club in England without the work permit so this is a different thing from what we were saying bro.

Guy shutdown you just looking for arguments left and right. If u were not so fast to rack up points for your little debate you would have noticed 1) the comment was directed at oga Edi and 2) we were talking about Brazilian players going straight to the epl and why NPFL players don't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
charlesemeka85:
not even the work permit issue but english clubs are scared of giving youth team players a chance in their clubs. the dutch belgian, french leagues are better platforms for an academy player to showcase his talent

You are right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
I Like Dutch league because it is famous for development....In the days of yore...they produced great coaches and players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I wouldn't even send an academy player to England because of the same work permit issue.

It's very stewpid signing for an English club as a young star knowing full well u cant circumvent the red tape rule.

I must tell you, I h8 Nwakali's move to Arsenal. You ppl won't understand yet, but Osimhen made the better choice.

That said, I wish them all the best of lucks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Guy shutdown you just looking for arguments left and right. If u were not so fast to rack up points for your little debate you would have noticed 1) the comment was directed at oga Edi and 2) we were talking about Brazilian players going straight to the epl and why NPFL players don't.

Lol oboy u dun vex now now? Coolu temper bro. We aint fighting. We rather sharing ideas. OK?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:
Hillary Gong join vitesse its official

I love this move. If he maintains the momentum, he wouldn't stay more than a season there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
yea, had it been nwakali opted for ajax who were serious and tabled a bid he would have been around the corridors of their first team by now. the arsenal move was a no no for me. i doubt if he will make it to the arsenal's first team
ChrisKels:

It's very stewpid signing for an English club as a young star knowing full well u cant circumvent the red take rule.

I must tell you, I h8 Nwakali's move to Arsenal. You ppl won't understand yet, but Osimhen made the better choice.

That said, I wish them all the best of lucks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol oboy u dun vex now now? Coolu temper bro. We aint fighting. We rather sharing ideas. OK?

Haba it never reach to vex just letting you know you were of the mark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
Joebie:
I dislike this move

I am conflicted about the move for some reasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
Joebie:
What’s your stance about calling players in the lower leagues, and does that also include the Championship (a lower league)?

I know where you are going and I think you think you are very smart but unfortunately I am not that stewpid.

Use your brain to compare Championship with other leagues second division.

I will not respond to such mischievous post of yours.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

After seeing Isaac Success and now Samuel Chukwueze, I feel Spain is a good place to develop as a youth.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:
Watford FC just signed another winger, so what happened to the purported interest on the sensational championship winger, Fred Onyedinma? Seems it was another bogus news from Southgate. Lol to think that he so hyped this boy to the extent he said Ademola was nothing but a packaged deal while Onyedinma was the real talent.

But today, he has forgotten Onyedinma and now hyping Lukman to high heavens grin

Ppl ehh grin

In the context in which you use it what is your definition of HYPE I do not HYPE players by giving them attributes they do not have.

I expected a lot more from Onyedinma he is now playing in a team that has a guts and endeavor approach. This means that technical football and a passing game are no longer on the menu.

Onyedinma had chances to go to Manchester United and Arsenal as a teenager he declined. Maybe not a wise decision it's difficult to say.

Last season he declined a move to QPR and Watford now things have changed and he is not on an upward spiral anymore. He really needs to find a football playing club with greater emphasis on technical football and the passing game to progress his career.

In Football a season is a long time and as a result they principal of current continous consistent top Quality performances takes place. That's why I haven't talked much about him with regards to the SE.

Ademola currently has progressed more than him. You have to manage your career wisely. Going to the Bundesliga and Liepzig a great move. Otherwise he would have become stale at Everton and be in a downward spiral.

The transfer window is not closed yet so don't dismiss him yet. He is still a very good player but with the wrong manager who limits the expression of his football. For a blood and guts endeavor no frills approach, technical players can not find expression in that kind of set up.

So for now Ademola is ahead will Onyedinma catch up only time will tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
charlesemeka85:
yea, had it been nwakali opted for ajax who were serious and tabled a bid he would have been around the corridors of their first team by now. the arsenal move was a no no for me. i doubt if he will make it to the arsenal's first team

The bolded is the reason I so much love Osimhen's move. Just look at Awaziem who was their U17 team mate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
komekn:

In the context in which you use it what is your definition of HYPE I do not HYPE players by giving them attributes they do not have.

I expected a lot more from Onyedinma he is now playing in a team that has a guts and endeavor approach. This means that technical football and a passing game are no longer on the menu.

Onyedinma had chances to go to Manchester United and Arsenal as a teenager he declined. Maybe not a wise decision it's difficult to say.

Last season he declined a move to QPR and Watford now things have changed and he is not on an upward spiral anymore. He really needs to find a football playing club with greater emphasis on technical football and the passing game to progress his career.

In Football a season is a long time and as a result they principal of current continous consistent top Quality performances takes place. That's why I haven't talked much about him with regards to the SE.

Ademola currently has progressed more than him. You have to manage your career wisely. Going to the Bundesliga and Liepzig a great move. Otherwise he would have become stale at Everton and be in a downward spiral.

The transfer window is not closed yet so don't dismiss him yet. He is still a very good player but with the wrong manager who limits the expression of his football. For a blood and guts endeavor no frills approach, technical players can not find expression in that kind of set up.

So for now Ademola is ahead will Onyedinma catch up only time will tell.

Dude he never changed a team from the one he shone for. It has always been Millwall. I dont know where u got that bolded because u started clamoring for him on the back of his performance for Millwall in his first and second season for their first team. U also said something about former Millwall captain Shittu then.

Watford never launched any bid to back up there interest. Prove me wrong by posting a link to where he rejected Watford.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
yea you are right. the likes of azeez,success,ighalo,uche agbo, uzoho and curently chukwueze and the other kid in villareal have been favored by moving to the spanish league
BascoVanVeli:

After seeing Isaac Success and now Samuel Chukwueze, I feel Spain is a good place to develop as a youth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
Joebie:
I dislike this move
I want him to score 20 plus goals and then go back to Roma. He is very close to the first team but I think they want him to be a star and not a role player. The club said he could easily have been a squad player but at his age they want him playing more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
thought awaziem was in the same u17 team with iheanacho and co?
ChrisKels:

The bolded is the reason I so much love Osimhen's move. Just look at Awaziem who was their U17 team mates.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Former Nigeria U20 skipper Kelechi Nwakali is inching closer to completing a season-long loan move to Portuguese powerhouse Porto after arriving in Portugal.

Contrary to reports at home and abroad, the central midfielder is not in the Netherlands to discuss a deal with Eredivisie outfit NAC Breda despite pictures surfacing online showing him at the Rat Verlegh Stadion in Breda.

Providing an update, Kelechi's brother and intermediary, Allwell Nwakali, told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''The news is not correct, Porto are processing his paperwork and any moment from now, maybe tomorrow or next, he will have his medical.

''He has nothing to do with NAC Breda.''

Porto have already agreed on a loan deal with Arsenal for Kelechi Nwakali , but an option-to-buy clause has not been inserted into the agreement.

Super Eagles stars Mikel Agu and Chidozie Awaziem, and ex-Flying Eagles dazzler Musa Yahaya are on the books of Porto.

got this from allnigeriasoccer.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Super Eagles may have flown higher at the Russia 2018 World Cup, but for some obvious tactical errors that could have been avoided, like picking Bryan Idowu ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi. IKENWA NNABUOGOR investigates…

Super Eagles have for five consecutive times lost to World Cup albatross Argentina to crash out of the Russia 2018 World Cup by the first round.

This is the second time the South Americans have stood between a place in the second round of the World Cup and the three-time Africa champions.

Coach Gernot Rohr stuck to his 3-5-2 formation that rekindled hopes with a 2-0 win against Iceland earlier in the group setting, only to capitulate to the fierce Argentina attack, losing 2-1, with just four minutes left on the clock.

Rohr handed Russia-based defender Bryan Idowu his third consecutive start in the crucial Argentina game that the Eagles needed to win or at worse draw to get to the second round.

But that was not to be as the Lionel Messi-inspired Albiceleste struck like a hurricane to deny the Eagles the flight to the next round.

Many watchers blamed Rohr’s tactical approach for the painful loss and wondered why he insisted on Idowu for the entire duration of the game.

Benfica new signing Tyrone Ebuehi, soccer watchers believed, would have contained the rampaging South Americans better and maintain a steady damage control.

Many believed Idowu was completely out of sorts and lacked the engine to limit the ceaseless attack from the left flank out of which the Argentines struck twice to beat the cruising Eagles.

Idowu appeared to have lost steam as well as ideas going forward, a vital area where a younger and more attack-minded Ebuehi would have made a difference.

So, the big question now is: Was Idowu worth sacrificing Ebuehi for? The answer is capital NO!

Could Ebuehi’s sin of giving away a soft penalty against Iceland in the second group game not forgiven to deny him a shot against the bruised Argentina, who were prepared to spill blood to hang on in Russia?

Ebuehi brought some more urgency and quickness to the attack against Iceland and the difference was there for all to see.

Rohr defended his Idowu’s starting and ending the game against Argentina, first being that he was born in Saint Petersburg, where the Eagles engaged their more illustrious adversaries.

Also, he is playing in the Russian Premier for Amkar Perm and familiar with the ground as well as having an edge in terms of experience over Ebuehi.

But sadly, all those didn’t come to play and early trip home was the lot for Nigeria.

What could Ebuehi have done differently?

A lot!

Ebuehi could have dared the aggressive Argentines and could easily have won tackles and one-on-one situations and from there advanced to initiate attacks.

Bryan Idowu in the middle vs Croatia
Idowu refused to be confident and allowed Messi, Ever Banega and company a world of space to punish and pile pressure on Eagles’ defence.

Most importantly, Ebuehi’s attacking instincts would have sufficed when the Eagles needed a consolidation second goal. He’s never a defender to shy away from initiating attacks and giving the strikers much needed cover and assists.

Ahmed Musa never connected with Idowu and that affected our attack.

When Ebuehi isn’t connecting passes to Musa and company in the attack, he also finds time to deliver crosses. He has done that a lot for Eagles and that was seriously lacking in the game against Argentina.

A vintage Ebuehi could have found time and space to swing his delightful crosses for Musa, Odion Ighalo or Victor Moses to try their luck at goal.

What about urgency? Ebuehi’s stock in trade! He never wastes time to initiate attacks and connects strikers for quickness. This could possibly have afforded us some chance at goal and a second goal against the South Americans could have killed off any chance of coming back to level terms with time ticking away fast.

In truth, Rohr really got it all wrong and should take responsibility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
forgiveness:

I don't have anything against anybody. I am against riggid thoughts and I better pass mentality.

I have seen him played before but I want him to be invited before he starts shinning.

Wow now thats what I wanna hear, just as we did with Iwobi. Thats the game, get them when they are still at the blind spot of the other countries.

Fashi say I dont rate Akanji highly now, It still pains me we didnt get him. Imagine him along side his age mate Awaziem in our defense say next three years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
charlesemeka85:
thought awaziem was in the same u17 team with iheanacho and co?

No, Awaziem was actually the captain of our 2015 U17 set but he left camp to sign for Porto and never returned, then KC Nwakali was made the captain.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

To me, any of the top five leagues but England, then add to that, the Belgian, Portuguese leagues and the Eredivisie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quinSonia(f): 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
what of SUNDAY MBA?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

You didn't even care to check how many minutes he played in that solidarity appearance.
grin

Taiwo, Uwa and Co opened that door for our NPFL players to the ligue 1. But u won't be wrong to say that Uzoenyi's failure has kinda closed that door a bit.

Back then, our NPFL players were flooding the Belgian league without trials but same cant be said of the present day NPFL players just because the league has been destroyed.
This reminds me of Ezekiel Bassey's move to Barca B. I don't think Barca will be looking at our league players anytime soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Former Nigeria U20 skipper Kelechi Nwakali is inching closer to completing a season-long loan move to Portuguese powerhouse Porto after arriving in Portugal.

Contrary to reports at home and abroad, the central midfielder is not in the Netherlands to discuss a deal with Eredivisie outfit NAC Breda despite pictures surfacing online showing him at the Rat Verlegh Stadion in Breda.

Providing an update, Kelechi's brother and intermediary, Allwell Nwakali, told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''The news is not correct, Porto are processing his paperwork and any moment from now, maybe tomorrow or next, he will have his medical.

''He has nothing to do with NAC Breda.''

Porto have already agreed on a loan deal with Arsenal for Kelechi Nwakali , but an option-to-buy clause has not been inserted into the agreement.

Super Eagles stars Mikel Agu and Chidozie Awaziem, and ex-Flying Eagles dazzler Musa Yahaya are on the books of Porto.

got this from allnigeriasoccer.com

This is one of the reasons I asked u not to take owngoalnigeria.com report on both SiMoses and Yinka Peter seriously until u get the news elsewhere. Owngoalnigeria.com is never a credible site neither is allnigeriasoccer.com. These two sites are not even as good(credible) as this thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

Lol na academy those European club dey look
I think age wahala is part of the reason why

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
Remain civil my friend. If two friends never disagree, it’s either one is pretending to the other, or they are both pretending.

forgiveness:

I know where you are going and I think you think you are very smart but unfortunately I am not that stewpid.

Use your brain to compare Championship with other leagues second division.

I will not respond to such mischievous post of yours.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
edi287:

This reminds me of Ezekiel Bassey's move to Barca B. I don't think Barca will be looking at our league players anytime soon

Now you are getting the message bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hustleranthem(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.