Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989787 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4529) (4530) (4531) (4532) (4533) (4534) (4535) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Abeg leave that guy matter lets concentrate on the true Eagles. Let's cheer up with this cute news on Ekong as his team and Udinese agrees deal biko.

You sure have a way of breaking the news Sir ChrisKels... Nwanna'm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ekong close to move to Udinese.

3.3 million Euros.

Good move. Upward movement. If the deal goes through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ekong and Aina : Serie A
Omeruo: La liga
Balogun: EPL

Things are looking up for our defence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
AIG07:
Good move. Upward movement. If the deal goes through.

Looks imminent.

Fee agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
Let this move happen abeg!!! Please Lord!

Ola Aina and Troost Ekong in the Serie A?!! Make it happen Udinese!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles Going forward: Post-Russia Dawn

Goalkeeping positions:

Present Options (Present and Long term):

- Francis Odinaka Uzoho "Big Francis" (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain).

- Dele Alampasu (C.D. Feirense, Portugal).

- Maduka Okoye (Fortuna Düsseldorf, Germany).

- David Nwokolor (HNK Rijeka, Croatia on loan to SKF Served, Slovakia).

Outsiders:

- Sebastian Ogenna Osigwe (SC Kriens, Switzerland).

- Dele Ajiboye (Plateau Utd FC, Nigeria).

Very far outside options to exploit for the far future:

**Philip Chijioke Ejimadu - Brazilian-Nigerian talent (National Atletico clube (SP), Brazil) -18

**Daniel Jinadu (West Ham Utd Youth, England) -16

**Arthur Okonkwo (Arsenal FC, England) - 16

**Gavin Bazunu (Shamrock Rovers, Ireland linked to Manchester City FC, England) -16

**Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu (Scunthorpe, England) - 17

Add Idem who is Aston Vila U23 regular and is tipped to play a role for the first team this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
KPOM! Things are definitely looking up for Nigeria Super Eagles, with or without Victor Moses.

But that's if FIFA doesn't ban us.

O pari

tbaba1234:
Ekong and Aina : Serie A
Omeruo: La liga
Balogun: EPL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You sure have a way of breaking the news Sir ChrisKels... Nwanna'm
Hahahahaha nwoke oma ndewo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ekong and Aina : Serie A Omeruo: La liga Balogun: EPL
Awaziem Porto first team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Awaziem Porto first team

Yea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Left to me, any player willing to play for the Eagles should speak boldly after been approached. Enough of all this hide and seek games these foreign pros like to de do us. Most especially the English Boys.

I remember how we went about Moses case. It was very similar to Tammy's we were just lucky to have him them. To some of these boys we are second option./choice-someone to fall back to.

We don show interest to Lookman... If he wan play for us make he talk straight. All this I want to focus on my club career first na lie... They no get Interest.

Na the reason why most of them always lack the zeal playing for us. Them just de use us build their CV. Mtcheew...

If I hear Tammy Abraham, Sammy Ameobi again? Make I no talk wetin I go do.

Sir TheGoodJoe hope your plank still de intact.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Done. wink Remembered Akpan David of Bnei Sakhnin too.

ChrisKels:

Add Idem who is Aston Vila U23 regular and is tipped to play a role for the first team this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Highly rated Pacy Tau signed by hove Albion and Brighton from south African club has been sent out to Belgium second tiers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Adeleke Akinyemi has completed the most stewpid move by any Nigerian at any level this window, to Norway's IK Start mtcheew.

Someone who was wanted by a host of ligue 1 teams?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
Kanu Nwankwo said this a few days ago. That better days lie ahead for the young Eagles because of the avalanche of quality young talents bursting through. We are in that moment before the dawn... The dawn is coming.

I saw this a few years back. I pictured what Post-Russia will be like and I can say that it is looking good but yep.. it is not yet eureka.

Icon79:
KPOM! Things are definitely looking up for Nigeria Super Eagles, with or without Victor Moses.

But that's if FIFA doesn't ban us.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChrisKels:
Adeleke Akinyemi has completed the most stewpid move by any Nigerian at any level this window, to Norway's IK Start mtcheew.

Haha, Norway is better than Latvia na!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
I have to agree with you, babe. I have always been a big fan of VicMo, but he's starting to be a drama king.

But please we need to know why he's making this decision before we crucify him.

O pari

tbaba1234:
Not really surprised by Moses retirement. I think, he does not get motivated to come for friendlies or games like seychelles. Big games , yes but we have seen him pull out of friendlies.

Wish him the best for the future.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

I warned them to keep Norway, Sweden and Czech republic off this lad!!! angry

Dem no dey hear word abi?! Warrisdis sef!? I go provoke ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Icon79:
I have to agree with you, babe. I have always been a big fan of VicMo, but he's starting to be a drama king.

But please we need to know why he's making this decision before we crucify him.

O pari

Is Sir Icon79 having one of those moments where he sees everyone as Safarigirl... cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Doing the same things and expecting a different result. This has always been our story since MRI became compulsory. Why must we always be in the news for this negative thing.

edi287:

You dey mind am...see how he says they are "shocked" like picking players of the right age is rocket science.
Nigerians sha...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Yup. If we can get our acts together, the 2022 World Cup would be our coming out party.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Kanu Nwankwo said this a few days ago. That better days like ahead for the young Eagles because of the avalanche of quality young talents bursting through. We are in that moment before the dawn... The dawn is coming.

I saw this a few years back. I pictured what Post-Russia will be like and I can say that it is looking good but yep.. it is not yet eureka.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Haha!! Crase man grin

Abeg, na auto correct cause am. I wanted to say "I agree with you, baba".

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Is Sir Icon79 having one of those moments where he sees everyone as Safarigirl... cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
Icon4s:

Idowu has not played this season, how many weeks are we into the season? So Rohr should not invite him? So Rohr should drop Idowu and replace him with Madu or Akas? Na so dem dey drop players?

Aina is available for both LB and RB.

Shehu is at RB. Omeruo also plays RB.

So please we don't need likes of Akas and Madu. They will not add any value.

So do u think he is a winger that gets subbed on every match? If Idowu is not starting it is because he is behind in the pecking order and it would probably take injury to get him a chance.

When last did Omeruo play right back? Let's not try that useless joke we made against Algeria because it was by the grace of God that Algeria didn't score at least 4 goals.

You have not given one tangible reason yet. I guess they are not good enough because I brought them up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
The Super Eagles going forward: Post-Russia Dawn

Defence positions (CB, RB/RWB, LB/LWB):

Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove & Albion, England) - CB, RB.

William Troost-Ekong (Udinese Calcio, Italy) - CB

Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto, Portugal) - CB, RB, LB, DM.

Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea FC, England on loan to CD Leganes, Spain) - CB

Tyronne Ebuehi (Benfica SL, Portugal) - RB, LB, CB.

Bryan Idowu (Locomotiv Moscow, Russia) - LB, CB.

Ola Aina (Chelsea FC, England on loan to Torino FC, Italy) - RB, LB, CB.

**Shehu Abdullahi (Bursaspor Turkey) - RB, DM. (Primarily a DM but can play RB).

Musa Mohammed (HNK Gorica, Croatia) - RB/LB

Stephen Eze (Locomotiv Plovdiv, Bulgaria) - CB

Young Prospects:

Reuben Yem (AS Trencin, Slovakia) - RB.

*Deji Ousman-Beyreuther (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany) - LB

*Nura Abdullahi (AS Roma, Italy on loan to Perugia, Italy) - RB

*Ikouwem Etin Udoh (Enyimba Intl FC, Nigeria & Nigeria U-20s linked to Club Brugge, Belgium) - LB

*Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars FC, Nigeria) - LB

Junior Pius (Pacos de Ferreira, Portugal) - CB

Mujaid Sadick Aliu (Deportivo LA Coruna, Spain) - RB, CB.

Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk, Belgium) - CB, RB, LB.

Semi Ajayi (Rotherham Utd, England) - CB.

Outsiders:

Midhat Bajric (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany) - CB (leftfooted).

Sincere Seth (Yeni Malatyaspor, Turkey) - RB

Long-term Options that may become available in future:

***Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany) - CB, RB, LB.

***Felix Ohis Uduokhai (VFL Wolfsburg, Germany) - CB, LB, DM.

***Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin SC, Germany) - CB, LB.

***Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea FC, England on loan to Derby County, England) - CB, *RB.

***Ahogrenashinme "Ash" Kigbu (Wolfsberger AC, Austria) - CB.

***Timothy Eyoma (Tottenham Hotspurs, England) - RB, CB.

***Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin "Tosin" Adarabioyo (Manchester City FC, England on loan to West Bromwich Albion, England) - CB.

***Marc Bola (Blackpool FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Niyi Scholten (Vitesse Arnhem, Holland) - LB, LWB.

***Mandela Chinweizu Egbo (Borussia Mochen Gladbach, Germany) - RB

***Tolaji Bola (Arsenal FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Tobi Omole (Arsenal FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Nathaniel Ogbeta (Manchester City, England) - CB, LB.

***Kimberly Ezekwem (SC Freiburg, Germany)

Really far outside chance:

***Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wolves, England on loan to Ipswich Town FC, England) - CB, RB.

***Tiago Abiola Delfim Almeida Ilori (Reading FC, England) - CB.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! Crase man grin

Abeg, na auto correct cause am. I wanted to say "I agree with you, baba".

O pari

una Don come to again undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
I even rate uncapped Mauruuf (however it’s spelled) ahead of Akas lol

Icon4s:

It wouldn't be a ridiculous request. But the truth is they cannot add any value to what we have now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles going forward: Post-Russia Dawn

Defence positions (CB, RB/RWB, LB/LWB):

Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove & Albion, England) - CB, RB.

William Troost-Ekong (Udinese Calcio, Italy) - CB

Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto, Portugal) - CB, RB, LB, DM.

Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea FC, England on loan to CD Leganes, Spain) - CB

Tyronne Ebuehi (Benfica SL, Portugal) - RB, LB, CB.

Bryan Idowu (Locomotiv Moscow, Russia) - LB, CB.

Ola Aina (Chelsea FC, England on loan to Torino FC, Italy) - RB, LB, CB.

**Shehu Abdullahi (Bursaspor Turkey) - RB, DM. (Primarily a DM but can play RB).

Musa Mohammed (HNK Gorica, Croatia) - RB/LB

Stephen Eze (Locomotiv Plovdiv, Bulgaria) - CB

Young Prospects:

Reuben Yem (AS Trencin, Slovakia) - RB.

*Deji Ousman-Beyreuther (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany) - LB

*Nura Abdullahi (AS Roma, Italy on loan to Perugia, Italy) - RB

*Ikouwem Etin Udoh (Enyimba Intl FC, Nigeria & Nigeria U-20s linked to Club Brugge, Belgium) - LB

*Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars FC, Nigeria) - LB

Junior Pius (Pacos de Ferreira, Portugal) - CB

Mujaid Sadick Aliu (Deportivo LA Coruna, Spain) - RB, CB.

Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk, Belgium) - CB, RB, LB.

Outsiders:

Midhat Bajric (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany) - CB (leftfooted).

Sincere Seth (Yeni Malatyaspor, Turkey) - RB

Long-term Options that may become available in future:

***Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany) - CB, RB, LB.

***Felix Ohis Uduokhai (VFL Wolfsburg, Germany) - CB, LB, DM.

***Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin SC, Germany) - CB, LB.

***Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea FC, England on loan to Derby County, England) - CB, *RB.

***Tosin Adarabioyo - Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Adarabioyo (Manchester City, England on loan to West Bromwich Albion, England) - CB.

***Ahogrenashinme "Ash" Kigbu (Manchester City FC, England) - CB.

***Timothy Eyoma (Tottenham Hotspurs, England) - RB, CB.

***Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin "Tosin" Adarabioyo (Manchester City FC, England on loan to West Bromwich Albion, England) - CB.

***Marc Bola (Blackpool FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Niyi Scholten (Vitesse Arnhem, Holland) - LB, LWB.

***Mandela Chinweizu Egbo (Borussia Mochen Gladbach, Germany) - RB

***Tolaji Bola (Arsenal FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Tobi Omole (Arsenal FC, England) - LB, CB.

***Nathaniel Ogbeta (Manchester City, England) - CB, LB.

***Kimberly Ezekwem (SC Freiburg, Germany)

Really far outside chance:

***Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wolves, England on loan to Ipswich Town FC, England) - CB, RB.

***Tiago Abiola Delfim Almeida Ilori (Reading FC, England) - CB.

Ashinme has permanently joined Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsburger bro. No longer a City player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Highly rated Pacy Tau signed by hove Albion and Brighton from south African club has been sent out to Belgium second tiers.

Why is nobody using this to bash NPFL players grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

So do u think he is a winger that gets subbed on every match? If Idowu is not starting it is because he is behind in the pecking order and it would probably take injury to get him a chance.

When last did Omeruo play right back? Let's not try that useless joke we made against Algeria because it was by the grace of God that Algeria didn't score at least 4 goals.

You have not given one tangible reason yet. I guess they are not good enough because I brought them up.

Chaaaiiii... Na wa ooo... Hahahahahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nigerians go still open their mouth yab. Let’s respect his decision. All the best Victor Moses. At least he realized there upcoming players. No hard feelings

isan:
Moses message
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
You are right. Was gonna edit it and a few others but forgot. Will correct it. wink

ChrisKels:

Ashinme has permanently joined Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsburger bro. No longer a City player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Joebie:
I even rate uncapped Mauruuf (however it’s spelled) ahead of Akas lol

What are his glaring weaknesses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4529) (4530) (4531) (4532) (4533) (4534) (4535) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yemyke001(m), lbrichman2, soetanoreoluwa(m), elyte89, Mybettingtips(m), charlesemeka85(m), kendrick9(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.