Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,652 members, 7,905,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12175125 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4873) (4874) (4875) (4876) (4877) (4878) (4879) ... (16472) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Chai! Dere is God oooooo! grin na mouse you call dem dem. shocked angry grin
the mouse in epl still better pass your wall gecko for Donetsk.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2018
edi287:
I repeat, if(when) Ebere Eze moves to a epl club - he is gone. Southgate will cap him before we can blink. This same Southgate capped Solanke who had little to no game time...what makes you think he'll wait for Nigeria to call Eze?
This was a very well calculated move from England. Rohr fanboys will look for all the excuses in the world to justify this buffoonery.
I don't think that guy learnt anything from the world cup. He's already back to playing Ndidi - Onazi as a pivot. I tire for that guy.

Gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2018
komekn:

No be everything dem deh talk here.

A lot of these people You people talk about I have had one on one engagements with.

If you think that's what's happening then you must be living in Bishops Avenue in Finchley London. And you only watch BBC news.

Look fam this is not a beer parlor that you come and test drive your gossip. Give us concrete evidence or hold your peace. We have heard you!! You know a lot of people but without someone corroborating these statements they are hearsay

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2018
kellycute:
the mouse in epl still better pass your wall gecko for Donetsk.

Cut me the crap. grin

Have little respect for the current 11 best club in the world and for the club that produced players that broke into the first 11 of Epl top 5 teams coming direct or indirect from Sharktar Doneskt. grin

Williams enter Chelsea direct, Fred enter Manchester united direct, Fernandinho enter Manchester city direct, Mkhitaryan entered Manu and Arsenal direct etcetera

Like I said, give small respect for Sharktar Doneskt products. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Cut me the crap. grin

Have little respect for the current 11 best club in the world and for the club that produced players that broke into the first 11 of Epl top 5 teams coming direct or indirect from Sharktar Doneskt. grin

Williams enter Chelsea direct, Fred enter Manchester united direct, Fernandinho enter Manchester city direct, Mkhitaryan entered Manu and Arsenal direct etcetera

Like I said, give small respect for Sharktar Doneskt products. grin
dey dere dey deceive yourself, I dey talk about kayode you dey call Willian.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Sunderland forward Josh Maja is reportedly a summer transfer target for three Premier League clubs.

The 19-year-old forward has made a blistering start to the season scoring nine goals in 12 League One matches.

Maja's goals have fired Sunderland up to third in the League One table and he currently sits top of the divisions goalscoring chart.

Unsurprisingly, his form has attracted potential suitors and a report in The Mirror this morning cites Southampton, Tottenham and reigning Premier League champions Manchester City as interested parties.

Maja is out of contract in the summer and if the Black Cats cannot tie him down to a new deal soon, they run the risk of losing him for a small compensation fee.

It is one of Sunderland's top priorities to sort out Maja's future with both the club and Jack Ross stating they want him to stay beyond this season.

Maja himself has admitted he would be open to negotiate a new deal but with big clubs sniffing, he is free to talk to other clubs in January before potentially leaving at the end of the season.

Speaking last month, he said: "It would help everybody if we could get a resolution before January.

"For the club and for him, it would help. You want the removal of any uncertainty, and if we can do that as a club it would help us and help Josh as well.

"Naturally his start to the season has just heightened the attention around him, so we want to make sure he stays here at Sunderland and that he plays a part in the clubs' ambitions.

"He'll have decisions to make when that comes around, but one thing I think about him is he is happy and enjoying his football.

"Hopefully, as a young man, he is not too much of a rush to get somewhere he may get to eventually if he keeps doing what he's doing."

Maja will miss tonight's Checkatrade Trophy clash with Carlisle with an ankle injury but is expected to be fit to return to the side for the trip to Shrewsbury later this month.

This was what I said two years years ago after what I saw but guess what, I was called tribalist because of him. grin They called him Majek fashek. grin grin grin

No bi today the thing don start. When I see something good I go talk. grin

Many people here just lack foresight. They see your analyses or recommendation as tribal sentiments.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24am On Oct 10, 2018
kellycute:
dey dere dey deceive yourself, I dey talk about kayode you dey call Willian.

Na only you dey deceive yaself. Kayode is a product of Sharktar Doneskt. It's now left for him to prove his worth. Until dem, mouse in EPL can't be taken seriously. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2018
Joebie:
There is no guarantee KC is always gonna start under Rohr.

I sincerely hope so. There shouldn't be an automatic shirt for someone in poor form., Meanwhile,the cult status for the young man they're adopting here (to the point of cyberbullying others into submission) is making it seem so. That is wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2018
this is how Tammy Abraham was dribbling Nigeria when we went for him grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2018
You were not the only one. March 24 2017.... In bold even in a comment I made. And that was not even the only post I made about Josh Maja and a couple others like Aina even before his debut.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/696#54912049

forgiveness:

This was what I said two years years ago after what I saw but guess what, I was called tribalist because of him. grin They called him Majek fashek. grin grin grin

No bi today the thing don start. When I see something good I go talk. grin

Many people here just lack foresight. They see your analyses or recommendation as tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2018
Joebie:
Kai we still dey scout for #9? A top class #9 cannot he hiding now. They should be painting whatever league they play with goals. They should be stand out players. Truth is if you remove Ighalo and KC, we will have to fall back to familiar names, Kayode, Ujah, Nwakaeme, Odey? and a few others. If you have to comb every backwater league searching for a #9, it means that player does not deserve a look in, in the first place. Anyone calling for dropping both players, should be able to suggest replacements from the top of their heads.

My take, Ighalo and KC are the most consistent goal scorers in the higher leagues. We have no option but to be patient with them until Kayode and co start to score consistently.

Are you saying Bundesliga and Ukrainian league are blackwater leagues?

Have you forgotten that we have strikers in the Belgium pro league too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Please make we just move on. We tried but the English media and FA caught us out and we missed out. It is all history now. Thanks goodness the likes of Osimhen and Awoniyi are still being groomed in Belgium as part of our future in the attack dept. Add that to Success at Watford. We cannot get all the foreign-borns but we go try at least.
Just that I feel we should try a little harder especially as regards talents like Eze. And I hope we have not gotten cold on Lookman. Ejaria too. Pinnick and his aides hinted that they are working seriously behind the scenes to lure two English-born Nigerians to the Super Eagles. I think they are keeping it low because of what happened in the Tammy saga. Time will tell.

isan:
this is how Tammy Abraham was dribbling Nigeria when we went for him grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59am On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You were not the only one. March 24 2017.... In bold even in a comment I made. And that was not even the only post I made about Josh Maja and a couple others like Aina even before his debut.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/696#54912049

Well, what was your response on that post? I think that matters. grin

Even dad also use style call me names. wink

Internet doesn't forget. grin

However, that your post is dated 2017 but my was as far back as 2016. The difference is clear. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Na only you dey deceive yaself. Kayode is a product of Sharktar Doneskt. It's now left for him to prove his worth. Until dem, mouse in EPL can't be taken seriously. grin
is that how you console yourself? Hahaha. Kayode should be ashame of himself despite his old age he is still a fringe player for super eagles. Epl club rejected him without even giving him a trial Cos at the end of the day “Na money missed way” kinda deal mancity do lol. You and kayode should watch nacho on tv on Saturday same way you both did during the World Cup. Y’all gat nothing on nacho. Nacho is the standard kayode have been trying years without success to emulate but like my real gee harddon always say.... “never sell yourself short”. Kayode nor reach nacho shadow sef. I get your time today hahah (9slabs casted and sorted, no more risk for site so I ready for you)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:14am On Oct 10, 2018
SlayerForever:

I sincerely hope so. There shouldn't be an automatic shirt for someone in poor form., Meanwhile,the cult status for the young man they're adopting here (to the point of cyberbullying others into submission) is making it seem so. That is wrong.
on Saturday u gon eat your word!. I’ll call you out after the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2018
kellycute:
is that how you console yourself? Hahaha. Kayode should be ashame of himself despite his old age he is still a fringe player for super eagles. Epl club rejected him without even giving him a trial Cos at the end of the day “Na money missed way” kinda deal mancity do lol. You and kayode should watch nacho on tv on Saturday same way you both did during the World Cup. Y’all gat nothing on nacho. Nacho is the standard kayode have been trying years without success to emulate but like my real gee harddon always say.... “never sell yourself short”. Kayode nor reach nacho shadow sef. I get your time today hahah (9slabs casted and sorted, no more risk for site so I ready for you)

All EPL strikers are better than strikers outside EPL. They are the standard all strikers outside EPL are trying for year without success to emulate. Dem no reach Nacho shadow. No wonder Dzeko and Falcao are EPL rejects because dem no good. Enjoy your clowning. Bye grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2018
komekn:

Agreed without reservation
But you are one of Ighalo's strong defenders.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2018
Well that is because at the time we had no desperate need for them. We were talking of building ahead for the WC qualifiers as at then and you were still going about just clamouring up and down for lads that were not ready.

Josh Maja is better equipped now than he was in 2016. And that is why I also gave him a good mention from 2017. And even right now in 2018, he is on track but I still maintain that it will be hard to give him am invite in the light of the abundant attacking options in the team and the rise of other talents and even the fringe players who we haven't even been given enough chances. Would you give a rookie, Josh Maja a chance first before a Fringe player in Kayode? Answer that one.

forgiveness:

However, that your post is dated 2017 but my was as far back as 2016. The difference is clear. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

What was a 17 years old Josh Maja playing in 2016 that you were calling for his "immediate" inclusion in the Super Eagles team? He was no where near being ready. That post was way way off the mark.

Even now he is not better than any of our strikers in the team. I can only recommend him for the U23. The call for his Capping is just to secure him for the future just in case he turns out good.

Na only you dey recommend players here.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well that is because at the time we had no desperate need for them. We were talking of building ahead for the WC qualifiers as at then and you were still going about just clamouring up and down for lads that were not ready.

Josh Maja is better equipped now than he was in 2016. And that is why I also gave him a good mention from 2017. And even right now in 2018, he is on track but I still maintain that it will be hard to give him am invite in the light of the abundant attacking options in the team and the rise of other talents and even the fringe players who we haven't even been given enough chances. Would you give Josh Maja a chance first before Kayode? Answer that one.

Yes of course!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Yes of course!

Bookmark this post for future references oooooo... Na you take your hand type am and your mouth talk am. You will consider a Josh Maja over a Kayode. That must be really how bad Kayode have fallen. Sad.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41am On Oct 10, 2018
Icon4s:

What was a 17 years old Josh Maja playing in 2016 that you were calling for his "immediate" inclusion in the Super Eagles team? He was no where near being ready. That post was way way off the mark.

Even now he is not better than any of our strikers in the team. I can only recommend him for the U23. The call for his Capping is just to secure him for the future just in case he turns out good.

Na only you dey recommend players here.

That is why we are different. The bold was exactly my point.

Besides, recommending players is never the problem, the problem is the suspicious minds of those who see your recommendation as nepotism and Tribalism. That's my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Bookmark this post for future references oooooo... Na you take your hand type am and your mouth talk am. You will consider a Josh Maja over a Kayode. That must be really how bad Kayode have fallen. Sad.

I repeat. Yes of course!

There is no sin in capping him and if he impresses then he must be retained. I don't care about Kayode. I just care players should be given equal chances to prove themselves but if they fumble, off they go. Simple.

It's not about how bad Kayode has fallen. It's about securing a future prospect. Gbam.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2018
forgiveness:

That is why we are different. The bold was exactly my point.

Besides, recommending players is never the problem, the problem is the suspicious minds of those who see your recommendation as nepotism and Tribalism. That's my point.

As at that 2016 we should cap Josh Maja that what? We saw a Messi or Ronaldo?

We should just be capping every dick and Harry teenager we see playing in Europe just to secure a future at the expense of getting a result today?

How can you tie the opposition to invitation of Joel Asoro and Josh Maja to tribalism? Can u even tie the names to any ethnic groups?

Besides, if anybody here calls 20 or 30 random names of teenagers today (like u always do) that may actually turn out good there is no way at least 1 or 2 will not come out good. So stop feeling like a Prophet.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2018
people jus wanna be stuborn to admit truth on this page..doz guys talkin down nacho on this thread, is it that u ppl dont like better tin or wot...now lets jus do a review of young iheanacho in the super eagles

1. can u guys imagine his goal against tanzania outside d 18yard box at his age...OMG!!!!

2. can u guys imagine his classy free kick against argentina outside d 18yard box at his?..haaaa father lord!

3. can u guys imagine his goal against that zambian goal keeper at his age?
4. what about his master free kick against sychelles...
even though nacho is not playing like messi as we all are expecting him to play like 1 tin u guys shld know is dat nacho and iwobi will in future b d poster boys/ senior skippers of d super eagles team..make una free ighalo wey don dey age abeg..hes got like 1-2 years to spend wit d eagles if rohr remains as d coach
Even the goals he score while he was at mancity were great goals at HIS AGE, had to go watch all his goals on youtube and was shocked most of his goals were from outside shot and also great hustles from outside d box jus very few were tap ins

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56am On Oct 10, 2018
He is not the only future prospect and he is not the most outstanding among the future prospects. Even Taiwo Awoniyi is yet to smell the camp of the national team after a very solid season at ZW in Belgium last season and have started this season quite decently at least.
Ebere Eze nko... You saw that article I posted from Colin Udoh. They mentioned Ebere (who they have made harder to get now), Billing and even Ejaria. And I strongly believe the midfield is where we need to channel more of our attention to especially the CAM role. Not the attack. We are stocked in the attack. Even the Isaac Success that was called up is just 22. He is also the future. We still have Osimhen who is 19 and having a fine start to life in the Belgium topflight... Awoniyi is also there and is 21. So Josh Maja is not and never the only prospect we have in attack. He is not even better than what we have in the Super Eagles.

Any one of our strikers/forwards can go to league one and tear things up with aplomb... Ighalo will do it. Nacho will definitely do much more. Onyekuru was born for goals..he will paint League one like red fire paint. Success will burn it the ground with his beastly plays.

So you see.... It is not going to be easy. So deal with it. Josh Maja's time will hopefully come and I do hope we can cap him just to secure him but even that will have to come at a small cost. Dropping any of the Eight forwards (Ighalo, Success, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Kalu, Onyekuru, Simon Moses, Musa) and then ignoring any of the fringes in Kayode, Simy, and also ignoring our other bright prospects in Osimhen and Awoniyi. If Rohr can afford it then fine... But if he thinks or feels he cannot at this time then I don't blame him. We are loaded in attack.

It is only in midfield I know we have to act really fast because we have our weakness there in the CAM role in Mikel's absence. Let us be strategically truthful about what we really need. We must recruit in a vector manner and not act like scalars.

forgiveness:

I repeat. Yes of course!

There is no sin in capping him and if he impresses then he must be retained. I don't care about Kayode. I just care players should be given equal chances to prove themselves but if they fumble, off they go. Simple.

It's not about how bad Kayode has fallen. It's about securing a future prospect. Gbam.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2018
Icon4s:

We should just be capping every dick and Harry teenager we see playing in Europe just to secure a future at the expense of getting a result today?

How can you tie the opposition to invitation of Joel Asoro and Josh Maja to tribalism? Can u even tie the names to any ethnic groups?

Besides, if anybody here calls 20 or 30 random names of teenagers today (like u always do) that may actually turn out good there is no way at least 1 or 2 will not come out good. So stop feeling like a Prophet.

That question is left for the opposition to answer.

It's not about calling random names, it's about the ability to spot one among a million. That is what set up apart.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Exactly Chief! Well said Again!!! I troway Josh Maja Wakanda-like salute for you jare...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
He is not the only future prospect and he is not the most outstanding among the future prospects. Even Taiwo Awoniyi is yet to smell the camp of the national team after a very solid season at ZW in Belgium last season and have started this season quite decently at least.
Ebere Eze nko... You saw that article I posted from Colin Udoh. They mentioned Ebere (who they have made harder to get now), Billing and even Ejaria. And I strongly believe the midfield is where we need to channel more of our attention to especially the CAM role. Not the attack. We are stocked in the attack. Even the Isaac Success that was called up is just 22. He is also the future. We still have Osimhen who is 19 and having a fine start to life in the Belgium topflight... Awoniyi is also there and is 21. So Josh Maja is not and never the only prospect we have in attack. He is not even better than what we have in the Super Eagles.

Any one of our strikers/forwards can go to league one and tear things up with aplomb... Ighalo will do it. Nacho will definitely do much more. Onyekuru was born for goals..he will paint League one like red fire paint. Success will burn it the ground with his beastly plays.

So you see.... It is not going to be easy. So deal with it. Josh Maja's time will hopefully come and I do hope we can cap him just to secure him but even that will have to come at a small cost. Dropping any of the Eight forwards (Ighalo, Success, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Kalu, Onyekuru, Simon Moses, Musa) and then ignoring any of the fringes in Kayode, Simy, and also ignoring our other bright prospects in Osimhen and Awoniyi. If Rohr can afford it then fine... But if he thinks or feels he cannot at this time then I don't blame him. We are loaded in attack.

It is only in midfield I know we have to act really fast because we have our weakness there in the CAM role in Mikel's absence. Let us be strategically truthful about what we really need. We must recruit in a vector manner and not act like scalars.

This is not about future prospect only it is about loosing future prospects FB to England desperate to have them all.

Is England dull to call players from championship? No but they just did.

Every country has learnt never to joke with dual citizen prospect. That is the point.

Eze, Onomah, Ejara, Billing, Maja, Lookman, Sheyi, or any Nigerian perceived to be a huge talent should be approached and capped once and for all.

Eze and Maja are the easiest because they don't necessarily need paper work to play for Nigeria. Simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

GBAM

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
And the answer is Crystal clear. As at 2016, both players were not close to being ready for the war of the World cup Qualifiers which we were to execute in Africa's Group of death.

We badly needed a return to an international tournament after missing out on two Afcons and you were clamoring for rookies and neonates who had done nothing at the time to come bolster our attack??!! Think man.... Think!!! Haba!
Cameroun would have had us for dinner and Algeria would have raped us.

That was why I reeled out the other neonates in 2016 like Ogo Obi, Adarabioyo and others for you too, to clamour for because back then you no dey hear word about focusing on the players that will get the job done and have the requisite experience instead of flying with rookies with baby potential.

forgiveness:

That question is left for the opposition to answer?

It's not about calling random names, it's about the ability to spot one among a million.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Exactly! They don't know that all these calls for capping A, capping B or C for the "future" comes at a Price.

When Rohr was capping Osimhen for the future and then we lost to SA what did he do? He discarded him and went for strikers who could give him immediate result. We were 1-0 down against SA we needed to bring in another striker just to add to the striking force but unfortunately the reserve fire power we had was an uncapped inexperienced 19years old Osimhen whose major aim of being in the team was to train with the others. That is what capping a player who is not ready can do to your team. It limits your options. Rohr learnt it in a hard way. Did you see him do it again?

Rohr had to assess K. Nwakali with the Athletico and Liberia games because they were almost meaningless. Even against a lowly Seychelles Rohr did not try playing K. Nwakali, not even when we were 3-0 up!

When he was clamoring for this Josh Maja was even when we were about to commence the WCQ! You have not secured your result for today u are capping for the future . Ask Rohr how far.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4873) (4874) (4875) (4876) (4877) (4878) (4879) ... (16472) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Koboko99(m), Napoleon55(m), TradingGod, mekabuachi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.