Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987860 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Truidstar:
So many rantings and foaming at the mouth on here. We bloody qualified!!!! Cut Rohr some slack please. He has the tactics, its the job of the players to translate that on the field.

We were robbed today by dubious officiating. Is it Rohrs fault that [b][/b]Iheanacho couldn't trap a well weighted pass and score? [b][/b]There were lapses yes, but we got the job done at the end. Congrats to everyone. We favorites for Cameroon.

Just had a rethink abt d control...nacho controlled d ball like fisherman,even a lukaku will b proud dt he has someone worst dan him in terms of 1st touch control.generally, we need to calm our nerves when criticizing rohr,hey dis guy just qualified us to a tourney we last participated in 2013..almost 5years ago,he deserves some respect,

Had it been nacho converted his clear chance and d two dubious offside call were given as goals, d result would av been different and we all will be hailing rohr as a gud coach...abi na rohr hold nacho leg,wey make am no trap d ball well,abi na rohr carry flag say na offside,rohr has achieved his assignment by qualifying,let's appreciate dt cool cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:
A loss against Eagles would av cost Baxter his job, Baxter had a meeting with Rohr last month in London, Rohr came up with a suspicious list of players to prosecute the match, he chose a questionable line up and he was all Smiles when calls were going against his team. Yet, some ppl wanna tell me, nothing happened behind closed doors? If only this nonsense was done by a local coach

You are going out of the zone.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
junnyjake:
After we must have participated in next year's AFCON, we should thank Rohr for qualifying us for the WC and also the AFCON for the first time in 5years, then wish him the best with whatever he chooses to do with his life after we've decided to let him go.

He's clearly not the man to move us forward.

What if he wins the AFCON,will you maintain your stand?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
As much as I hate rohr conservative attitude, I must say he is a decent tactician always knows how to grind out results with awful performance.

The way we are hyping our players is so disappointing, they are still average players in their respective clubs, all of them. Lets stop saying bunch of talents. No player there is a super star just an average bunch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
chrisooblog:
yet same Baxter was clueless against Libya at home and Seychelles away grass always seems greener on the other side

You miss the key point. We deserve better football with the quality of our talents. Baxter with his tactics will have our players playing with more fluidity and intent.

Saying Baxter did not do well against other teams does not change the point that he will do better with more quality players.

The South Africans were the better side today when it comes to play. However, we had better quality players.

Finito.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
That’s a big IF — not a mere “if”
COOL10:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
100%
TheGoodJoe:

You miss the key point. We deserve better football with the quality of our talents. Baxter with his tactics will have our players playing with more fluidity and intent.

Saying Baxter did not do well against other teams does not change the point that he will do better with more quality players.

The South Africans were the better side today when it comes to play. However, we had better quality players.

Finito.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
edi287:

Baxter is overrated. He's not a good tactician. Rohr is better

The South Africans were the better side both tactically and creatively even though his side had less quality. I think you are downplaying his importance to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hahaha
sontoly:
As much as I hate rohr conservative attitude, I must say he is a decent tactician always knows how to grind out results with awful performance.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

I noticed it too. Everything Rohr said there is what any layman would say. No comment on tactics and strategy. No in-depth game analysis, nothing. Just rambling about nothing.....

In many ways Rohr reminds me of Buhari. Old, dull, slow to react, unintellectual, incoherent of speech and seemingly unaware of events happening around them.

Leave Mr. President outta this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
That’s a big IF — not a mere “if”

As it stands,it's still a probability. So don't rule it out. Besides,new players are still gonna be included before that time cool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:
Buh after every-every, Percy Tau is a baller. He made a mistake changing his position to from Omeruo's side to Balogun who was having a good game, otherwise, he would have stung us more than he did.

Like I av always said, Collins is a liability, poor defending, wanting in attack, poor marking, poor ball sense. I dont see anything good in this boy, bar his handsome frame and red lips. Too bad, Idowu isnt helping matters either undecided

Percy tau is good ,Brighton had to get him from the South Africa league ,work permit made them send him out on loan

Percy tau is the only South Africa player that will make eagles bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
Earthquake2:
Rohr disappointed me today but those comparing him to Baxter should shut their mouth

Rohr will qualify with this South African team

Thank you for this bro

You dey mind them ?

Nigerians are such a confused set of people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Truidstar:

I have had the opportunity to meet the late Amodu in South Africa during a corporate training in 2009. During the chat my colleagues and I had with him, this is what he said and I quote "you see a player in training, he has the right spirit and fight and as a coach you trust he will deliver on match day. On match day you see a completely different player". Guess thats what Rohr is going thru.

Sir, the bolded is thoughtful. shocked cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The South Africans were the better side both tactically and creatively even though his side had less quality. I think you are downplaying his importance to the team.
I didn't watch the game but Baxter ain't it. I've known dude since he was their coach back in 05-06. He's not doing anything his predecessor Shakes Mashaba didn't do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
And what will the new players be doing? Sitting on the bench? Coming in late? Failing to hold possession with neat interchange of passes? What will Rohr do differently with new players?

COOL10:

As it stands,it's still a probability. So don't rule it out. Besides,new players are still gonna be included before that time cool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:
I hope those of u that have been over rating Etebo can now agree with me that, dude is truly a carpenter, no wonder he gas been a bench warmer for lowly Stoke. Very poor player. Too bereft of ideas too be a midfielder for the Eagles.

He is not a bench warmer for stoke

Nwanne please take it easy ,I don't know you to be like this ,even if you no like rohr no mean say make you call etebo bench warmer ,bro please try to get your fact right and remove anger

Someone has played 12 championship game for stoke and started 8 ,how is that a bench warmer ?

It that how you judge your football ?

Abeg no allow me follow you quarrel for this thread again o

Wetin you dey drink make bar man give you make you cool temper

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you will pick baxter who from leading the group is now not sure of qualification to a rohr who from behind topped the group and now have qualified for afcon. bros i hail thee! the same libya your baxter couldnt win at home were walloped home and away by the less fancied rohr. the same seychelles baxter couldnt beat away were beaten by rohr and also walloped mercilessly today by the libyans. bros i hail thee again!

As in ehn!!! So many f**king ingrates on this thread angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
And what will the new players be doing? Sitting on the bench? Coming in late? Failing to hold possession with neat interchange of passes? What will Rohr do differently with new players?

Bros,AFCON is still a long time away. Try to be more positive. Relax cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
Head-to-head, Baxter has shown he is better, not even based on the results alone. Analyze both games on a tactical standpoint.

Earthquake2:
Rohr disappointed me today but those comparing him to Baxter should shut their mouth

Rohr will qualify with this South African team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
I like to be realistic. I’m as patriotic as yourself wink

COOL10:

Bros,AFCON is still a long time away. Try to be more positive. Relax cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
Oasis007:

Salisu Yusuf will achieve the same Feat with the current Squad. Rohr did nothing extraordinarily. He's tactically inept, just lucky he has a big Pool of Talents at his Disposal now.

Even Komekn and Forgiveness will lead us to AFCON with the Talents we have accross the World at the moment.

By the way, the same Baxter got 4 Points, beat Rohr with 2 un-replied Goals in front of his Employers, Fans away from Home.

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
With your last paragraph, you agree we have better players.

andrew444:

Percy tau is good ,Brighton had to get him from the South Africa league ,work permit made them send him out on loan

Percy tau is the only South Africa player that will make eagles bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

There is what is called pride bro. I guide mine with my life, hence I never settle for less. One thing I believe in, stay away from a fight that doesnt worth it buh whenever a minor tries to rise above his level in disrespect to his superiors, beat him to stupor to serve as a deterrent to others. We have everything in our Arsenal, why should we be so soft on opponents like SA. No disrespect to SA buh if they had the quality we had, they would mop the floor with us. The had more injury worries and withdrawals, yet they looked more coordinated with their play than us that have had majority of our players playing together for more than 3years now. If we played good football and ended up wt the score he got, I wouldn't mind, buh fvck it, we were damne poor like a cow dung

Rohr is a disgrace. I want him gone for a coach who understands what it means to protect the pride of a nation.
you can say that all over again!

I don't know why our people are been conservative with the truth.

Well, me o. I'm not impressed one bit about this man called Rohr and his results. The truth of the matter is that we are not progressing as a team. One needs to separate RESULTS from PROGRESS.

I watched Holland play yesterday and I marveled. They are rebuilding after they missed out in this year's world cup. Their new team is less than 2years (post Robben Era) but it is more obvious that they are on the rise. Sense of purpose in their play, clear cut pattern of football, the boys are getting better with each match. They defeated the World Champions yesterday with a team with average players just like ours(cos Aside Van dyke others are just average too). They qualified from a group that has Germany and France.

But ask these Rohr's defenders that aside qualification for the World Cup and AFCON what else can we say about his team.
No improvement in pattern of playe. No winning mentality in the boys. Na to de experiment up and down.

A lowly SA are even calling us their rivals. What an insult! We went out against them today seeking for a draw. It's like Wales calling Germany their football rival.

Something needs to be done asap. Else we will just waste this pool of talent at our disposal. It's so sad.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
COOL10:

unless he change in his tactics and players substitution otherwise that man will not win afcon come next year.
I repeat he will not win afcon like this....

only a layman will go bench success for nancho in a match of this kind after the lad fine play against Libya in Uyo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
With your last paragraph, you agree we have better players.

Say I talk lie bros ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Humility017:

unless he change in his tactics and players substitution otherwise that man will not win afcon come next year.
I repeat he will not win afcon like this....

only a layman will go bench success for nancho in a match of this kind after the lad fine play against Libya in Uyo.

Rohr is like velverde of Barcelona

When Keshi won afcon I am very sure most of you guys have been insulting him

Nigerians una get 10 mouth ,always looking for wetin no loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
My wife just said, “Rohr is a we-we kind of person, he has Nigerian spirit” I’m laughing hard here lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
U talk truth na. Only say U no believe say Baxter would have done better with these array of talents.
andrew444:

Say I talk lie bros ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
andrew444:

Rohr is like velverde of Barcelona

When Keshi won afcon I am very sure most of you guys have been insulting him

Nigerians una get 10 mouth ,always looking for wetin no loss
abeg chill....

if you were the coach..would you go start ezenwa, nancho.... in a match of this kind.

success should have start.... and Aina as well.

then 30-20 mins nancho and Samuel can be introduced to come wreck havoc....
but rohr choosed to be clueless like Nigeria politicians.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
Humility017:

abeg chill....

if you were the coach..would you go start ezenwa, nancho.... in a match of this kind.

success should have start.... and Aina as well.

then 30-20 mins nancho and Samuel can be introduced to come wreck havoc....
but rohr choosed to be clueless like Nigeria politicians.

The question I keep on asking my clueless Barcelona coach velverde why starting sergi Roberto at right back and benching semedo ? Why always benching world class king Arturo Vidal?

See bros ezenwa matter tire me abeg I dey confused,that guy that cannot start for enyimba starting for the eagles ? Me I tire abeg

Yes success should have start ahead of nacho no doubt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

And Keshi achieved all these with a more piss poor lowly rated average team than what we have today (the Mbas, Uchebos, Odunlamis, Egwuekwes, Oshaniwas.....).

Just imagine if it were Keshi in charge today, with this present array of talents we presently boast of.....

keshi can never be in charge of these array of talents....under keshi it can't happen...it won't even dare come to reality...

because many of this players won't want to grease palms...
and you know keshi era and egunge.

that's the only thing rohr is good at.... he is less corrupt....but highly clueless....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kdaddy, Setaleonoz(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.