Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001932 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5153) (5154) (5155) (5156) (5157) (5158) (5159) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Komekn come and honor your committee responsibilities
komekn:

That's not what I am saying AT ALL.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

Look at all my posts repeatedly I have given a basic requisite structure format for player selection. That is objective, measured and transparent.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
Joebie:
What’s the point of the usual league? Nothing really separates the league winners from the rest than the number of away draws
they can garner. Let a broadcasted super 6 mini tourney in a neutral venue decide the eventual winner. At least we can all have a better look at the refs performances.

In the long run you end up with a piss poor shebang to pass off as "a professional league"

We must do things better & stop this "clever" meanderings abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. The guy appears to be a habitual journeyman. And what is that I see?......he hasn't scored a single goal since this year?.

Seriously? Is this the guy we want in our SE?. I laugh in Chinese.

Actually he has in a cup game and he is a winger. And it's still early days. But what's your point ❓

Do we measure wingers by goal scored Please enlighten me. What's your assessment based on❓

What are the critical delivery points for a winger in your view ❓

Most wingers are not necessarily prolific, unless you are in Liverpool and Manchester city. How many goals did arguably the best winger in the EPL score last season Zaha, or Martial or Rashford or Welbeck, or maybe that's too high up, Adama Traore, (Wolves), Townsend at Palace, etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
Joebie:
Komekn come and honor your committee responsibilities

I don tire, I go do am tomorrow when I return from finding Starch and Owoh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:10am On Nov 23, 2018
so because chukwueze have had the opportunity to play few games in the la liga makes him better than ojo? i hail una!
Curtisaxel7:

Unless if.

But for SE, no vacancy!.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12am On Nov 23, 2018
this stat from wiki is incorrect ojo have an epl goal to his name in the colors of liverpool
Utonwanne:

Seyi Ojo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:37am On Nov 23, 2018
grin
komekn:

I don tire, I go do am tomorrow when I return from finding Starch and Owoh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2018
That’s the solution for now until we are ready to fix the league from ground up. You have to find customized solutions to your problems.
Odunayaw:
In the long run you end up with a piss poor shebang to pass off as "a professional league"

We must do things better & stop this "clever" meanderings abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:47am On Nov 23, 2018
Danielnino00:
Icon4s There's something I'm not clear on regarding the award oo.. is it only the committee members that will b responsible for nominating players for each category and deciding on the winners or will members of this thread also have a say?

The committee nominates 3 players for each category and the entire house votes their best choice for each category. So the entire house have the final say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:50am On Nov 23, 2018
tbaba1234:
The final 23 to the nations cup will be tight.
I'm sure Rohr knows 70% of his troop already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:55am On Nov 23, 2018
jihday:

90% if you ask me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2018
komekn:

The NFF should be seeking the very best that we can get. Mediocrity and favoritism should not be enthroned over merit and quality.

Compare any of our wingers statistics to the those of Seyi Ojo. And then make an unbiased objective judgement.

What we have is OPPORTUNITY given without merit and Opportunity denied without reason. If indeed the quest is to find the best.

Sheyi will struggle to get into the team right now. The competition on the wings is much. I do not think, he is better than Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru, Simon Moses or even chukwueze at the moment.

The places, we need reinforcement are the midfield and defence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:20am On Nov 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

Sheyi will struggle to get into the team right now. The competition on the wings is much. I do not think, he is better than Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru, Simon Moses or even chukwueze at the moment.

The places, we need reinforcement are the midfield and defence.

Those who have ears...let them hear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2018
komekn:

Actually he has in a cup game and he is a winger. And it's still early days. But what's your point ❓

Do we measure wingers by goal scored Please enlighten me. What's your assessment based on❓

Most wingers are not necessarily prolific, unless you are in Liverpool and Manchester city. How many goals did arguably the best winger in the EPL score last season Zaha, or Martial or Rashford or Welbeck, or maybe that's too high up, Adama Traore, (Wolves), Townsend at Palace, etc

A certain youngster at Villarreal has played similar minutes in a similar position and returned more goals and assists. Just saying.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2018
wayodude:

A certain youngster at Villarreal has played similar minutes in a similar position and returned more goals and assists. Just saying.

Do you mind that one

Always using stats when it favors him, and how a particular club wanted to buy a player but didn't and how an agent prevented a player from playing that's why we should invite the player to the SE

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2018
100% sef lol

Icon4s:

90% if you ask me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2018
EEGA:
Ikouwem is not dear yet.

He needs to leave the NPFL .

Their is a criteria for call-up which is league quality.

You can't be playing in the Vietnam league and be expecting call-up.

ogu in plays in Israel how is their league quality akpeyi in South African league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Utonwanne:

He is not in the team because of playing in Npfl rather it's because of quality. We have better options
apart from Collins name the better options we have at left back and why aren't the in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2018
groundnutoil:
apart from Collins name the better options we have at left back and why aren't the in the team

Groundnutoil cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2018
EEGA:
What. of CAF competitions?
in recent years not much just only enyimba have had some form of consistency but tell me musa play in Saudi Arabia I don't think any team from there league has ever won an Asia cup
neither has any Israel teams come out of the champions league group stage
they also don't do well in their respective federations organised football tournament either but we have players in this league in super eagles so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2018
EEGA:
Onyekuru is not a CF.
he can play their
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2018
elyte89:

Groundnutoil cheesy grin grin grin
lol morning sir hope ur night went well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:41am On Nov 23, 2018
EEGA:
Sunday Mba gave us the trophy but their are better mid-fielders who play in Europe who would 've done better but due to the 7 slots for Home based players then we had no choice but to make do with what we have.

We have "raw" talents in the league but they need to leave the league to be "refined".
its does neglect the fact he did well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2018
Odunayaw:
Hopefully Rangers bring their good plays & their good luck

Seeing their signings I believe they can do fine, but Lobi? I will receive any results they bring with an open mind
lol same here if it was enyimba and rangers now I for get hope but lobi stars if them enter group stages I go give me distinction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2018
komekn:

You are a joke komekn,despite you love the U.K. You didn't take note of the premier league and you are always bias

Apart from zaha all the wingers are crap in the Epl last season you mentioned

You didn't even mention sane or sterling ,you are mentioning below average players ,so you think welbeck played well in Epl last season abi ? Did Adama traore not play in the championship last season ?

You didn't even mention player like mane ,richarlison

Do you want me to give you list of others players who are not Liverpool and mancity ?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2018
Utonwanne:

Peace of mind to fans. At least Oga komekn and forgiveness go gree us rest grin

Hahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
Rohr on local players invitations.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I am definitely not trying to cross his path.
Lol! in his voice.
Never knew you also a boondocks fan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Truth is that Iheanacho has not made much progress as a developing player, and its beginning to look like what we have seen so far is all he has to offer. In the beginning at tbe U17 world cup he was banging in goals after goals and we thought we had found a gem in our hands. He was signed and the goals continue under former Man City boss but it became interesting that most of his goals came by mere tap ins. And, all of a sudden, the same player known for his swift movements with the ball and wizardry deft touches became bereft of ideas when the ball is in his feet.

His fans came to his defence and pointed out he was an emerging talent and will come good with time. Things got worse under the watch of the meticulous Pep Guadiola, and Nacho dropped down the pecking order. It was rumored Guadiola was a racist and people compared Kelechi to Jesus. The lad banged in couple of goals but to the discerning eyes it was obvious he did not measure up.

Kelechi was shipped out to Leicester and he continued with his struggle. Ok, the boy had a little setback with injury but after he became match fit the expectation that followed his U17 exploits were yet to be met. The man went to the world cup and simply didn't play. His delivery became inconsistent and it began to look like Kelechi would never meet his target. Kelechi has the most opportunity out of all his mate at the U17, meanwhile, he has regressed instead. Suddenly, Kelechi could not keep a soccer ball to his feet , he has no vision ,and his trademark defense splitting passes didn't get better. He lurks around the 18 yard box waiting for the slightest opportunity to tap a goal in. It is painfully depressing.

The question now becomes ,will Iheanacho ever come good ?
What will be the next excuse ?

We definitely expect more of Iheanacho, and we surely wouldn't be shy enough not to demand, and when he still falls short, we kick his a$s out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
Most end up going to Europe? At least some of the agents succeeded in the past. Put on your critical thinking cap

krattoss:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
jihday:

I'd say 95%. grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
krattoss:

You see it... During Keshi's era the super eagles was used to market a lot of local players to Europe. What fruits did it yield? If we invited one home based player today and he moves to Europe tomorrow, do we now call up another home based player to replace him?

Until we get it right in terms of administration in our league, the local players will remain not good enough for the SE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5153) (5154) (5155) (5156) (5157) (5158) (5159) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.