Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,213 members, 7,880,788 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5206) (5207) (5208) (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2018
Honestly, I laugh at some here. Is it a crime to echo the rave reviews and good reports the foreign media are making about our rising young stars? Nacho may be in poor form now but his talent is undoubtedly huge having taken Europe by storm as an 18-19 yrs old. He just needs to keep working as every young player must go through some bad patch. Iwobi had that last season too but so far this season he has stepped up his game for the most parts.

Chukwueze is young and in his first pro season in Europe and La Liga. If Guillem Balague (top and highly respected Spanish football expert), UEL media, La Liga media and the rest of the world media agree that he got beastly talents and can become a great then I see no reason why we should shut up about it because someone here wants to water down the boy's talents while he emphasizes the exploits of some kid in a farmers' league like League 1. Funny.

BascoVanVeli:

The hype is not coming from us here in naija, it is coming from Spain. We didn't name him Samu they did. We didn't call him one of the brightest talents in La Liga, they did. So if u have a problem with that take it up with the folks at the best league in the world. I would think they know a thing or two about talent over there.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Yeah.. I know. Kunle Soname is his name. He is the owner/president of Remo Stars and has major stakes in Feirense. But still... It is something to have a look at.

And yeah, the lad is said to have taken part in an international U-17 tournament in SA in Gauteng last year for the NPFL U-17 All Stars. That team also had current U-20 star, Nazifi Yahaya.

Danielnino00:

Good for him.. He looks quite young too..
BTW,I think there's a Nigerian that has a stake in Feirense ...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah.. I know. Kunle Soname is his name. He is the owner/president of Remo Stars and has major stakes in Feirense. But still... It is something to have a look at.

And yeah, the lad is said to have taken part in an international U-17 tournament in SA in Gauteng last year for the NPFL U-17 All Stars. That team also has U-20 star, Nazifi Yahaya.

I watched the games in the tournament.... perhaps I saw him play. Yahaya is the only player whose name I can recall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, I laugh at some here. Is it a crime to echo the rave reviews and good reports the foreign media are making about our rising young stars? Nacho may be in poor form now but his talent is undoubtedly huge having taken Europe by storm as an 18-19 yrs old. He just needs to keep working as every young player must go through some bad patch. Iwobi had that last season too but so far this season he has stepped up his game for the most parts.

Chukwueze is young and in his first pro season in Europe and La Liga. If Guillem Balague (top and highly respected Spanish football expert), UEL media, La Liga media and the rest of the world media agree that he got beastly talents and can become a great then I see no reason why we should shut up about it because someone here wants to water down the boy's talents while he emphasizes the exploits of some kid in a farmers' league like League 1. Funny.

Southgate is trying to hard not to acknowledge Chukwueze's talent.. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
His heart is with England obviously. I don’t know if NFF should have done better earlier. But when a player would rather play U21 football for the other country than play at the senior level for Nigeria, it says a lot about here their heart truly is. Same applies to Billing. You win some, u lose some. No hard feelings

edi287:

Loool for real. Lookman is the only one I'm bothered about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Marvellous BascoVanVeli's meal is served....

Transfer update: Onije Chisom joins CD Feirense from Remo Stars

Nice one. I think the owner owns both clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Let's try to put respek on League 1s name. It is a league of agricultural engineers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
komekn:

Agreed.

Why is a young player invited to the SE after just 2 games in LA Liga, its essentially we just don't have many true promising young talents in top leagues anymore. I can totally understand the euphoric adoration he gets but i stand on the side of optimistic caution. i.e. small, small lets not force him to run when he has just started walking.

But is there not some double standard, why have Ebere and Josh Maja not been invited to the SE.
in the case of Josh maja dat is not double standard. I rather invite a player with 2 goals in 5 games in ligue 1 than league 1 ( maja league)
Nobi u talk about vicinius and mbappe, so if maja is good l BET YOU he won't spend another season in farmer league .i even prefer odey
BTW what is the bond u have with fb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Marvellous BascoVanVeli's meal is served....

Transfer update: Onije Chisom joins CD Feirense from Remo Stars

Feirense and Remo Stars have the same owner.

There are several Nigerian players in Feirense under 23 sourced from Remo youth team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Danielnino00:

Good for him.. He looks quite young too..
BTW,I think there's a Nigerian that has a stake in Feirense ...

That same person happens to own Remo stars
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
Abeg all these noises about the foreign born wey sombori no let us rest on top. Why not kukuma invite all players of English descent make we flush out all the current players wen we get. At least then we go rest from all these hooplah of marginalisation of english borns.
Just for curiousity sake, just how good are these much touted English borns abeg? Football doesnt revolve around england. If it did, they would be slaying in every competition. But alas its not so. If na brazil we dey talk, i for understand. But England? Haba.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fact is I no blame those who feel we dont have quality in the current team. The person I blame is Gernot Rohr. Yoruba pple say to tie headgear is nothing compared to looking gud after tying the headgear. In other words the gaffer has array of talents but doesnt know what to do with them. All things being equal, where no there are no sentimental picks or invites or my boys syndrome, give these same set of players to Siasia or Sunday Oliseh or Amuneke and see beta attacking flair. I stand by this argument anyday anytime anywhere. The clown we have presently as a coach got away with so much that if a local coach try am, he himself know say im be goner!

When a coach will be deploying players fit for a position in another position and using it to rate those players so they can look bad. Abi na the substitutions (if at all he makes) wen no make sense we wan talk about

Westerhof káre láyé!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
kennysville:
Fact is I no blame those who feel we dont have quality in the current team. The person I blame is Gernot Rohr. Yoruba pple say to tie headgear is nothing compared to looking gud after tying the headgear. In other words the gaffer has array of talents but doesnt know what to do with them. All things being equal, where no there are no sentimental picks or invites or my boys syndrome, give these same set of players to Siasia or Sunday Oliseh or Amuneke and see beta attacking flair. I stand by this argument anyday anytime anywhere. The clown we have presently as a coach got away with so much that if a local coach try am, he himself know say im be goner!

When a coach will be deploying players fit for a position in another position and using it to rate those players so they can look bad. Abi na the substitutions (if at all he makes) wen no make sense we wan talk about

Westerhof káre láyé!

The grass is always greener on the other side. Its easy to criticize but you have no clue what goes in behind the scenes. Siasia, Oliseh and Amuneke you mentioned. If they were in charge, we would be hearing about salary not been paid for 4 months, a Cook and a driver with a house stipulated in their contract not been honored. When has Rohr ever complained? Players are injured, Rohr is monitoring their progress and even sends a fitness trainer to help them back in shape. Would any of the above mentioned 3 do that? Why did Anichebe stop playing for Nigeria? He was injured on national duty and nobody gave a damn how he recovered. And who was in charge then? Siasia. Rohr dey work give him his due.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
Godwin Obaje moves to Plateau United. They already picked up Bernard Ovoke, Sikiru Olatunbosun and Gabriel Wassa. Next season is going to be very tough if it ever gets on the way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Godwin Obaje moves to Plateau United. They already picked up Bernard Ovoke, Sikiru Olatunbosun and Gabriel Wassa. Next season is going to be very tough if it ever gets on the way.

Plateau played fine football last two years....the way they crashed out surprised me....but all these guys you mentioned...they have been here for long...is this not recycling? I think we need fresh legs and faces....Plateau should have an u17 team to nurture them into main team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
gamaliel9:

Plateau played fine football last two years....the way they crashed out surprised me....but all these guys you mentioned...they have been here for long...is this not recycling? I think we need fresh legs and faces....Plateau should have an u17 team to nurture them into main team

See this is what I was talking about. The complain was the players all run oversees now u are saying these one's are recycled. These guys have consistently performed in the league. Trust me, if Abdu Maikaba wants them then they can perform. I am expecting some good football from them this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
kennysville:
Fact is I no blame those who feel we dont have quality in the current team. The person I blame is Gernot Rohr. Yoruba pple say to tie headgear is nothing compared to looking gud after tying the headgear. In other words the gaffer has array of talents but doesnt know what to do with them. All things being equal, where no there are no sentimental picks or invites or my boys syndrome, give these same set of players to Siasia or Sunday Oliseh or Amuneke and see beta attacking flair . I stand by this argument anyday anytime anywhere. The clown we have presently as a coach got away with so much that if a local coach try am, he himself know say im be goner!

Westerhof káre láyé!

See football novice undecided

Who discovered them in the first place?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
jihday:
but the moment they saw he was a fraud they kicked him out, reason why they didn't make his loan deal permanent

Not sure what you mean by fraud, a Belguim international. In the context of Liverpool he may be an average player but not too Wolfsburg.

He was too expensive for them in the first place and he wouldn't go that low, to play for a struggling relegation team like Wolfsburg. He has too many better offers.

Liverpool expect Wolves to make another attempt to secure Origi's services during the winter window. The Premier League new boys were prepared to pay £22million plus add-ons back in July but the 23-year-old frontman wasn't keen on moving to Molineux.

Source - Liverpool echo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
Joebie:
One player plays against the likes of Barca, the other slugs it out against clubs line Wimbledon. It’s not always about longevity, but instant impact in a very high level.

However, Ebere’s call was long overdue, considering our lack of personnel in the AM position.

Let me tell you something about lower league football.

You can call it carpenter football or farmers football, it's not very technical but it is fast, brutally physical and intense.

It's very very very hard for a player to play on the deck, technical and skilful football in that league. You will get kicked and dragged and bullied. The referees are not that good and the pitches are not the best. In addition your team mates often want the ball in the air not on the deck.

However, if you can still be a stand out technically proficient and skilful player under those circumstances. I can assure you, when you get to the EPL you will be flying.

That's why Dele Alli could leave MK Dons and straight to first team for Tottenham and same season England senior team. I can give numerous examples.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
kennysville:
Abeg all these noises about the foreign born wey sombori no let us rest on top. Why not kukuma invite all players of English descent make we flush out all the current players wen we get. At least then we go rest from all these hooplah of marginalisation of english borns.
Just for curiousity sake, just how good are these much touted English borns abeg? Football doesnt revolve around england. If it did, they would be slaying in every competition. But alas its not so. If na brazil we dey talk, i for understand. But England? Haba.

The EPL is the most international league in the world and the most competitive.

That doesn't really impact on how the national team plays or selects it's players. Most top teams in the EPL struggle to have more than 4/5 English players at any one time in the team. That's unlike any other league in Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
Earthquake2:

See football novice undecided

Who discovered them in the first place?

I am not gonna respond the way u are starting. May i suggest u use appropriate words. This is how we start insults.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2018
komekn:

That doesn't really impact on how the national team plays or selects it's players. Most top teams in the EPL struggle to have more than 4/5 English players at any one time in the team. That's unlike any other league in Europe.

There are so many players from others country in the EPL thats why and 90 percent of them are better than english players in different positions so the coaches have no choice than to bench the english players for the foreigners.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2018
kennysville:

Westerhof káre láyé!

I stand with you on this. Even Onigbinde will get these players to play with more flair.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
Truidstar:

The grass is always greener on the other side. Its easy to criticize but you have no clue what goes in behind the scenes. Siasia, Oliseh and Amuneke you mentioned. If they were in charge, we would be hearing about salary not been paid for 4 months, a Cook and a driver with a house stipulated in their contract not been honored. When has Rohr ever complained? Players are injured, Rohr is monitoring their progress and even sends a fitness trainer to help them back in shape. Would any of the above mentioned 3 do that? Why did Anichebe stop playing for Nigeria? He was injured on national duty and nobody gave a damn how he recovered. And who was in charge then? Siasia. Rohr dey work give him his due.

Hmmmm.... so in all i wrote, i mentioned complaints by our local coaches? And if i may ask, who is responsible for paying these coaches again? Ah yes... the same NFF that hired a white man Its obvious you didnt get the context in which i was speaking.

Afcon is almost here. If what i am saying is too difficult to come to terms with, we will all see. And if I am also wrong, we will also see.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
komekn:

EPL's Competitiveness is not the point we are raising here. Europeans play european style of soccer. We Africans have our identity. I could care less how many English players make a team. My point is English Premiership is not the be all and end all for soccer. I respect ur opinion. I just dont buy it. And you cant crucify folks for not seeing any sense in ur opinion. At the end of it all, opinions are just like noses.... everybody has got one

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
kennysville:

Hmmmm.... so in all i wrote, i mentioned complaints by our local coaches? And if i may ask, who is responsible for paying these coaches again? Ah yes... the same NFF that hired a white man Its obvious you didnt get the context in which i was speaking.

Afcon is almost here. If what i am saying is too difficult to come to terms with, we will all see. And if I am also wrong, we will also see.

Like you said Afcon is almost here, you will be proven wrong. The terms of Rohrs contract have not been fully fulfilled by the NFF, yet he is not bitching about it. He is working and there is calm. Take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
Arsenal's injury nightmare this days kept me worrying for Iwobi. First,it was welbeck and now Holding... .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
Southgate (I mean the actual one) should be farming on the league one then — consistently. Why wait till they make the mark in the EPL?

komekn:

Let me tell you something about lower league football.

You can call it carpenter football or farmers football, it's not very technical but it is fast, brutally physical and intense.

It's very very very hard for a player to play on the deck, technical and skilful football in that league. You will get kicked and dragged and bullied. The referees are not that good and the pitches are not the best. In addition your team mates often want the ball in the air not on the deck.

However, if you can still be a stand out technically proficient and skilful player under those circumstances. I can assure you, when you get to the EPL you will be flying.

That's why Dele Alli could leave MK Dons and straight to first team for Tottenham and same season England senior team. I can give numerous examples.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
Joebie:
Southgate (I mean the actual one) should be farming on the league one then — consistently. Why wait till they make the mark in the EPL?

Bro... I just tire...even the English youth teams don't have that many players from the league one.
But apparently Southgate (the fake one grin) wants the super eagles to be calling them up...

Until they prove themselves at a higher level,all na hype..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2018
Meanwhile,I just watched the final of the women aiteo cup today..And seriously, the Yenagoa stadium pitch was looking good.. From what I gathered, the pitch in Yenagoa,Aba and one part of the north (katsina I think) are hybrid and were installed by the same company...

I really wish Akwa Ibom state govt and the ministry of sport can engage the company to do d same on the Uyo and Abuja stadium... We have a lot of stadium in this country with substandard pitches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Their new coach is Maikaba I think.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
isan:
which Nigeria striker is performing in premiership right now?
That's not an excuse

(1) (2) (3) ... (5206) (5207) (5208) (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.