Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,477 members, 7,968,321 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12543829 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) ... (16750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2018
Super Falcons will qualify from their group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Super Falcons will qualify from their group.

With dis present display of falcons undecided?

If we manage c 1ne point out of d three matches,I will doff my hat to them for a weldone job cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
Former Premier League champions Leicester City have been urged to make a move for Sunderland's Nigerian wonderkid Josh Maja by Leicester Mercury.

With 11 goals in 19 League One appearances, Maja is the leading teenage goalscorer in the top four divisions of English football and has been linked with a departure from the Black Cats in the January transfer window.

The likes of Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur have been credited with an interest in the 19-year-old and The Foxes have been encouraged to join the race for his signature.

On Maja, Matt Davies wrote : ''The 19-year-old has been brilliant for Sunderland, scoring 11 goals this season.

''He is out of contract in the summer, meaning he would also be available at a bargain price.

''With that in mind a raft of Championship clubs, including Bristol City and Middlesbrough, are said to have shown an interest, as have Premier League giants Tottenham and Manchester City.''

Maja visited the Super Eagles at their get-together in London in March 2017 but could not train with the team ahead of a proposed friendly against Burkina Faso as a result of club commitments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Samuel Chukwueze makes Whoscored.com's La Liga team of the month

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nigeria U20 forward Abubakar “Babawo ” Ibrahim has been praised as the closest thing to Super Eagles vice captain Ahmed Musa by the coach who discovered and groomed Musa for stardom.

Russian Fisherman Shares Crazy-Looking Fish And Shocks Instagram
Babawo joined Plateau United from Niger Tornadoes in readiness for the start of the Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) but he is presently with the Nigeria U20 team in Togo for the U20 WAFU Championship.

In a rare chat with Owngoalnigeria.com at the training pitch of his pet club GBS Football Club, Ahmed Ibrahim said Babawo reminds him a lot of Musa in his formative years base on his style of play.

” He is quick, exciting on the ball very useful off the ball because he defends a lot. First time I saw him he played like Ahmed Musa when he first emerged. Their playing style is very similar and if he works very hard he could equal or even surpass Musa”, coach Bros as he is fondly called told Owngoalnigeria.com.

18 year old Babawo will lead Nigeria’s charge for a win in their opening game against Niger Republic later this evening and a strong performance will no doubt prove right the statement of the Plateau United technical director.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
elyte89:

With dis present display of falcons undecided?

If we manage c 1ne point out of d three matches,I will doff my hat to them for a weldone job cool

I don't expect Oparanozie and Oshoala to be average again. I don't expect the coach to be so poor after getting to know his players. Even player selection will be better come next year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hertha Berlin defender Jordan Torunarigha made the team of the week in the German Bundesliga for matchday 13 and he crowned it with another man of the match display to power his team to a 1-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in a matchday 14 game played yesterday.

21 year old Torunarigha scored one of the goals for Hertha Berlin last weekend when they defeated Hannover 96 away from home, stepped his game up once again against Eintracht Frankfurt and despite a nasty collision in the first half, he recovered to finish the game strongly.

Born in Germany to a Nigerian father Ojokojo, who works with the youth team of Hertha Berlin, he was offered the chance of making the Nigerian squad to the World Cup in Russia but he turned it down to focus on his career as a youth international for Germany.

Shortly after the game against Hannover 96 last week, he revealed to Germany based Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba that he is still open to the idea of playing for Nigeria despite turning down the first approach from coach Gernot Rohr prior to the World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Hertha Berlin defender Jordan Torunarigha made the team of the week in the German Bundesliga for matchday 13 and he crowned it with another man of the match display to power his team to a 1-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in a matchday 14 game played yesterday.

21 year old Torunarigha scored one of the goals for Hertha Berlin last weekend when they defeated Hannover 96 away from home, stepped his game up once again against Eintracht Frankfurt and despite a nasty collision in the first half, he recovered to finish the game strongly.

Born in Germany to a Nigerian father Ojokojo, who works with the youth team of Hertha Berlin, he was offered the chance of making the Nigerian squad to the World Cup in Russia but he turned it down to focus on his career as a youth international for Germany.

Shortly after the game against Hannover 96 last week, he revealed to Germany based Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba that he is still open to the idea of playing for Nigeria despite turning down the first approach from coach Gernot Rohr prior to the World Cup.

Lol Emmyboy forget about this boy, he won't play for Nigeria. Germany will ever let him slip off their fingers, he is that good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
cc12:

Clearly the best youngster in the laliga this season. Imagine a Front two of him and Messi. Wicked combo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
you re right bro but until then lol
ChrisKels:

Lol Emmyboy forget about this boy, he won't play for Nigeria. Germany will ever let him slip off their fingers, he is that good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you re right bro but until then lol

Well, that's right,we never can tell sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
elyte89:

I tot u and tbaba use to defend dis girls/women dt dey can play grin grin grin,if Cameroon can b fearless,I c dem progressing out d group cool cool
no African team is progressing from any group in WWC

None of them is fearless, so, this talk about fearlessness is quite funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
i think rohr should try again to get uduokhai and akpoguma.
ChrisKels:

Well, that's right,we never can tell sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:

Cameroun play good football but they don't have a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:

For the 30th time abi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
dis una female football discussion dey dull this thread abeg. tongue
Earthquake2:

Cameroun play good football but they don't have a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
hahahahahahahahahaha no 50th, they are still open to play for us so i believe more push may lure them to commit to us finally.
Earthquake2:

For the 30th time abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Forget Akpoguma for now. Uduokhai maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
andrew444:

You have no point at the pique issue oga ,you think say people no dey watch ball ? You think you can just come here and tell lies ? Let me educate you on pique man united carrier

Pique was not anonymous at man united,pique was bought from la masia to man united at the age of 19 and you expected an inexperienced 19 year old with no professional football appearance to bench world class rio Ferdinand and nemanja vidic?

Stop making it look as if pique was given a chance in the Epl and he flopped because of intensity and physicality

The last time I checked john stones is not a physical player and he is doing well in the Epl ,the last time I checked aymeric laporte is a pique type of player and it only took him 2 days to adapt to the Epl after he arrived from Bilbao.

John stones and Aymeric Laporte who are not physical players have sent otamendi and kompany to the bench .

I will talk about what I know.

Stones came from league one Barnsley and almost straight into the Everton first team.

Please read with depth my comments don't be superficial..

Being physical is one thing but dealing with Physicality is another.

What l am talking about is excelling against physicality you don't have to always use physicality for physicality it does help or you can use both technical ability and intelligence to overcome.

Pique could not do either that's the my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
akpoguma have not ruled playing for us out completely but if he has good advisers playing for us seem more realistic than waiting for a German call up.currently he is not being rated by the German football hierarchy and i foresee torunarigha getting a senior cap first before he will be considered by the Germans. he is way below the pecking order but good enough to be a mainstay in our defense line
ChrisKels:

Forget Akpoguma for now. Uduokhai maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Joebie:
I’m saying I would rather have us in their group. Meaning our group is a tougher group IMO.

*Shrugs*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
cc12:

Besides Messi smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:
akpoguma has not ruled out playing for us completely, but, if he has good advisers playing for us seem more realistic than waiting for a German call up.currently he is not being rated by the German football hierarchy and i foresee torunarigha getting a senior cap first before he will be considered by the Germans. he is way below the pecking order but good enough to be a mainstay in our defense line

Every other thing but the bolded is true. Who is he gonna bench to become a mainstay? Omerou is a bench warmer in the GWG shirt, and omeruo is a better CB than Akpoguma. Akpoguma would come to warm the bench bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
lol remember balogun will retire soon
ChrisKels:

Every other thing but the bolded is true. Who is he gonna bench to become a mainstay? Omerou is a bench warmer in the GWG shirt, and omeruo is a better CB than Akpoguma. Akpoguma would come to warm the bench bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:

Well my observation from d Cameroonian team is dt dey re a bit organized and av a playing pattern,wc if dey can improve upon from what I c,dey can progress if dey don't play as a second fiddle against dier opponent, dts where my fearlessness comes in,d only team i feel, dey can progress from d group,my opinion anyway cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:
lol remember balogun will retire soon

Why should Balogun retire soon??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
Why is Moses Simon not playing for Levante?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
Dr Likita if you're a female, I need a body examination
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
he is 30 already
Danielnino00:

Why should Balogun retire soon??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
elyte89:

Well my observation from d Cameroonian team is dt dey re a bit organized and av a playing pattern,wc if dey can improve upon what I c,dey can progress if dey don't play as a second fiddle against dier opponent, dts where my fearlessness comes in,my opinion anyway cool

It seems like you overrated the Cameroon team a lot because of their performance against us that you miss the fact that poor preparation was what affected the super falcons at the AWCON... after Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria was the worst prepared team at the AWCON .but they still managed to win..south Africa that has played over 20 games together even against European teams since the last awcon couldn't beat us in the final.. I watched Cameroon's game against Mali and trust me the Cameroonians were helped with their physicality... They aren't better than the super falcons.. they have never been...

Let the NFF organise quality friendlies for the super falcons and give them the same level of support they gave the super eagles in the run to the world cup before you conclude that they aren't good enough again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
Earthquake2:
Dr Likita if you're a female, I need a body examination
Lol. I'd rather not perform one on you wink
I'm still a student btw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:
he is 30 already

Age shouldn't be an issue in as much as he is still performing... Onome Ebi is 35 but still in the super falcons team cus she is still good...

If Balogun is still good I see no reason why he shouldn't be at Qatar 2022 grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) ... (16750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Sugarboyy(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.